A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Stentel an awful company!!! - peanut worker

Posted: May 01, 2015

I just need to vent.  I have worked for this company for 7 years and can't believe how terrible they treat their ICs.  I thought they were a decent place to work but they have now shown otherwise.  I have worked under 3 other account managers and never had any problems.  Then, I get moved to my current manager and instead of getting paid more, I go from 0.07 cpl to 0.06 cpl, and this manager cannot be satisfied.  Oh, it doesn't matter if I do good quality work, to them its all about more, more, more and then the account dries up.  I haven't typed 1 single report this whole week and I go to human resources to ask for work and to ask to have another account manager and get denied.  It is just so sad....you work for a place for so long, never cause trouble, do good quality work, and it doesn't matter....you get treated like crap.  I know a lot of other people on here are in the same boat.  Guess I need to move on and find a new job.

Stentel, et.al - All terrible

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a friend who is suffering as a new MT at M*Modal and I used to work for them and as I look back over the last 10 years, transcription has become nearly impossible to do any longer. The companies are horrible to work for, as you eluded to, the pay is becoming less and less, the ESLs, voice, the QA, that stupid Book of Style, etc., has made it just horrible. When I think of all the places I have worked and suffered through and yet continued to be an MT, baffles me. I am still an MT, an IC, which I didn't really want, but couldn't find anything else and it is a good place to work for in the sense of a good account, American docs, all transcription, no voice, great QA, no Book crappola, etc. But I have never had a raise nor incentive, no paid time off, just work and get paid. This will definitely be my last job.

Also, I will never, ever take another MTTest again as long as I live.

I truly feel your pain.

Uh, I do think something like the BOS is - needed, but there were

[ In Reply To ..]
several others that were already other style guides already available. I have also typed master's and PhD theses since the beginning of time. They have much stricter rules.

And please, don't bother taking an MT test. Seriously, ELUDED to. Give me a break.

BOS - BS

[ In Reply To ..]
WHATEVER, seriously!

The BOS is ridiculous. Do you really think the - dictator cares

[ In Reply To ..]
about some of those 'rules'? If they wanted Alzheimer's without an "S", they would dictate it that way. And I'm sure they would laugh that MTs have to spend time correcting triviality like q. daily because "Latin and English shouldn't be mixed" and follow-up vs followup.

All it's done is slow down MTs and production, cause problems with VR since we have to 'correct' what was dictated, require extra levels of QA to 'correct' non-critical errors, and spawned pages of facility-requested exceptions to the BOS.

Facilities were happy and we all did quite fine with simply dictating what was transcribed and using common sense in the decades before BOS was instituted. Imagine that.
BOS - my2cents
[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree this BOS is BS! Given the fact that the majority of MTs do not even belong to AHDI which, in my opinion, is a total waste of money. This is self-serving to AHDI and the author of the book and the MTSOs have bought this crap of how important it is. Not! I so miss the days of putting in a piece of paper in a typewriter, ear plugs in and typing away. No worries of a.m. or morning, t.i.d. or three times a day. Comma this, no heading that, bold this, don't bold that, expand abbreviations in this part of the report, but not this part. If you want me to follow the BOS, then, by damn, you better purchase it for me!

You're IC, what was the price agreed - upon

[ In Reply To ..]
in your contract? If it is in writing, they can't just change it. You are your own boss, take a stand.

PNMT - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

Similar Messages:

Just Awful
Jul 09, 2012

I have been an MT for many years.  I have worked for Nuance for 9 months.  I was hired to transcribe an account, then moved to another to edit, then moved to another.  I was recently switched from hourly (12.00 an hour, but found out they hired the next group after mine at 15.00 an hour) to production and there IS NO WORK.  I feel like I am stalking my supervisor via IM.  One of the other supervisors recently told me that the goal of Nuance is to eventually offshore all ...

Superior Global - The Pay Was Also Awful
Feb 25, 2010

I've been sending out resumes, and taking tests that must end up in cyberspace, even though I pass them, hear nothing.  Then I hear from Superior Global, passed the test, no problem.  The recruiter calls me, and her dictation is awful, and her command of the English language equally as poor.  I thanked her, and said I'd think about it.  However, that first impression left me less than luke warm.  The recruiter above all people in the company should excel in communication skills, a ...

Awful Dictators Flock Together?
Sep 18, 2010

In a helper pool and doing a certain large chain of hospitals that is spread over many states.  Tell me, how is it possible that every dictator in this chain, whether it is on the west coast, east coast, or in between, are the worst I have ever encountered?  Does this chain advertise:  Can't speak English?  Inaudible?  Can't feel your tongue?  You're hired! What makes it worse is that the reports are all progress notes and take me forever for a tiny ...

ILP Work Is Frighteningly Awful
Jan 27, 2012

Okay, just finished a child abuse report/examination that was edited (ASR) by one of our wonderful ILPs.  This was a fill-in-the-blank only report and not a 100% review.  However, there was a glaring error that caught my eye, so I decided to do a full review.  I found 36!! errors, nearly half were definitely critical, and I'm not the type to get picky about commas and such.  At first I thought that they must have sent it by accident without editing it as it was really th ...

Horrible, Awful, AARGH!!
Apr 10, 2012

Here's a good one for the day. Just got hold of an Asian dictator, who proceeded to whisper and mumble through the whole dictation, with another American dictator standing right next to her dictating. Can you take a guess which doctor I understood more clearly? I'm sooooo sick of this screwed up mess!!!!! ...

Vent: I Can't Believe How Awful These Dictators
Jun 15, 2012

are, how horrible the sound quality is to say nothing about the terrible ASR. Just working for pennies today. Need to find another job! ...

Break On Awful Dictators
Jun 22, 2013

To bad we don't get a break with the awful dictators. When you get those your line count goes down, and you are dinged for that. Really sucks when your line count for the week is above the minimum but all there is to do in the que are the hard to hear....now line count is below minimum :( ...

Awful Future Prospects For India MT Career.
Aug 02, 2013

http://mtherald.com/awful-future-prospects-for-medical-transcription-career-in-india/ Just a tiny little sample of this article. Medical transcription is not for anyone who dreams about good career progression prospects but for any lazy duck who want to make just a living from home, killing time cursing stars, and repeatedly uttering “There is no better opportunity than this for the time being for my credentials at this age!” Come out of the cocoon and look out for a world of ...

I Try To Stay Positive, But Every Time I Get One Of These Awful VR Reports Sm
Jun 08, 2014

I hate Synernet more and more. I know that I have to accept VR, but WHY do I have to be forced to use such a cruddy bunch of software. It doesn't learn anything. I have had to practically re-type the whole report and then get the "honor" of only being paid 4 cpl for it. If the higher ups were forced to endure this, I would bet some changes would be made fast, quick, and in a hurry. ...

StenTel?
Mar 08, 2011

Anything, pro or con, about StenTel?  How does it compare to MQ? ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About StenTel?
Aug 08, 2011

Submitted my resume and got an Email from them today.  Waiting for them to call. ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About Stentel In MA.?
Aug 29, 2013

Does anyone know anything about Stentel in MA.? Good, bad, do they pay on time? Thanks for any help. ...

Any Experiences With StenTel??
Jun 14, 2011

Good, bad, indifferent??  :))) ...

New Stentel MT/ME Employee ???
Apr 26, 2012

Hey folks! This is an amazing forum. Even for the SPOUSE of a MT!! You guys have answered many questions I/we have had over her time with CSteps and now as a new hire.  Here is a fairly nebulous question. I am curious and wondering if someone out there would have some insight. Can anyone tell me what my wifes first month's pay will look like? She started at Stentel April 1. They only pay once a month. She gets .03 per line. We are just wondering how much her first check will be... An ...

StenTel - Anyone Working For Them
Aug 30, 2012

I work for them and find the pay to stink and my QA and manager to be brash and hard nosed.  I am a great MT, but the account I am on has crazy account specs.  I am sick of getting paid crap and then all these account specs on top of it.  Anyone else feel this way? ...

Stentel Transcription
Apr 18, 2013

Has anyone heard of Stentel Transcription or had any experience with them?  ...

Stentel Ad--terrible Pay
May 09, 2013

5 to 5-1/2 per line for straight transcription/ 2-1/2 cents per line for VR.  Are they out of their ever-loving minds?  Anyone would be better off at a beginning clerical job that requires no skills at $10 per hour PLUS a couple of benefits, even if that just means you are an employee and have your taxes (i.e., social security, medicare) and other state/federally mandated business costs covered by the employer.  It just keeps getting ugiler.  And truly, are we supposed to ...

StenTel Of New Jersey
Dec 05, 2013

Does anyone have any info on a company called StenTel New Jersey with someone by the name of as the contact for applications?  I would appreciate any info at all.  Thank you! ...

StenTel Corporate
Apr 15, 2014

Has anyone ever worked for this company or no anything about them?  I have an interview. ...

Stentel - 3.5 CPL For Editing
Oct 28, 2014

A friend just got this offer from Stentel.....5 – 6 ½ cpl for typing and 2 – 3 ½ cpl for editing....in case anyone is interested. ...

StenTel Or Softscript
Mar 02, 2015

Any suggestions? ...

Does Anyone Work For Stentel
Jun 10, 2015

Does anyone work for Stentel.  Just wondering if it is a good place to work for. ...

Anyone With Info On CCR/StenTel Out Of Massachusetts?
Mar 11, 2013

. ...

Stentel Pays Pretty Low
Nov 02, 2014

I understand that Stentel pays pretty low, but I am wondering if they are negotiable or if their platform etc still allows you to make more money that a company that pays a little more. How is their incentive plan if they have one? I do see that the actual cpl isn't always the bottom line. Any info appreciated. ...

Any Current Info On StenTel?
May 27, 2015

Anyone currently work for StenTel in Springfield, Massachusetts? Have searched archives for recent info, but not much found except their pay is low, but isn't that true of every MTSO these days? Seems they are hiring for Oncology and ID, so would love to hear from anyone who currently works there or has recently. Thanks so much! ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

What Would Be An Ideal Company? I Would Like To Build That Company.
Mar 31, 2010

We are a pretty big company, and we think we know what transcriptionists want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  There are a lot of top people in our industry that are finding themselves without jobs, often without notice, both managers and transcriptionists.  I think that the tide is turning, and that we need to make sure that we treat our people right, so if you could take a few minutes and answer this, maybe we can make a difference.  I am asking for real answers, ones that ar ...