A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

StenTel or Softscript - newmt

Posted: Mar 02, 2015

Any suggestions?

SoftScript - Bear

[ In Reply To ..]
I've never worked at StenTel. I did not like SoftScript at all. If you interview there, ask a lot of questions. I had four different accounts by the second week because there was no work on any of them. Also, ask if they pay for spaces.

Agree with this post. Same SoftScript experience here. sm - me

[ In Reply To ..]
When hired, was told there was unlimited OT on the account I was given, unlimited earning, etc., etc. First weekend I worked, there was OT, after that, the account pretty much dried up. Inside 10 days, my primary, all the OT you want account was running out of work about 2 hours into my shift and I had 4 backup accounts. Then all of a sudden, I was given stats on accounts I wasn't familiar with. Lack of good communication and what I feel are borderline bait and switch tactics to get MTs onboard made me quit SoftScript.

One major thing about their platform I did not like was the fact that you can't keep the pitch the same on the voice files when you are speeding them up or slowing them down, so you lose most of the integrity of the audio unless you keep it at or close to 100% speed. That is a fairly simple thing to fix and would improve their audio files by 80%.

I also have not worked for StenTel, but at this point, I feel, until things change a bit at SoftScript, I wouldn't work for them.

I agree, stay away from SoftScript. - Bait and switch.

[ In Reply To ..]
The platform is horrible. It is the worst I have worked on in 20 years. During the eight weeks I was there, I worked on eight different accounts. Hum...I wonder why I couldn't meet the minimum LPH? Horrible communication, threatening emails, and you don't get paid for all lines produced. It is impossible to qualify for the sign-on bonus, so don't fall for that gimmick.

Get this, while working on eight accounts in eight weeks, HR sent me an email on week three saying I was not meeting the minimum LPH and I was subject to termination! One account they put me on was so horrible that my supervisor said she looses people all the time because it is so bad. I managed to get through six reports on the first day working on that account. Believe it or not, the very next day I was on a call with one of the owners. She was angry because I had to pend those reports for blanks! Those reports are the kind that NO ONE would be able to transcribe without looking at a month's worth of past reports. I have never, ever seen anything like that in 20 years working as a CMT.

I am sorry, I have not worked for StenTel either.
none of the owners are women - AI
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Ahhh, perhaps she was lying. - Her initials are CR.
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for your words of wisdom, but her initials are CR. Do you know who she is?
SoftScript - Jane Doe
[ In Reply To ..]
I know who CR is. She us VP of operations. I just left SoftScript days ago for the same reasons listed. They are truly a nightmare.

Similar Messages:

StenTel?
Mar 08, 2011

Anything, pro or con, about StenTel?  How does it compare to MQ? ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About StenTel?
Aug 08, 2011

Submitted my resume and got an Email from them today.  Waiting for them to call. ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About Stentel In MA.?
Aug 29, 2013

Does anyone know anything about Stentel in MA.? Good, bad, do they pay on time? Thanks for any help. ...

Any Experiences With StenTel??
Jun 14, 2011

Good, bad, indifferent??  :))) ...

New Stentel MT/ME Employee ???
Apr 26, 2012

Hey folks! This is an amazing forum. Even for the SPOUSE of a MT!! You guys have answered many questions I/we have had over her time with CSteps and now as a new hire.  Here is a fairly nebulous question. I am curious and wondering if someone out there would have some insight. Can anyone tell me what my wifes first month's pay will look like? She started at Stentel April 1. They only pay once a month. She gets .03 per line. We are just wondering how much her first check will be... An ...

StenTel - Anyone Working For Them
Aug 30, 2012

I work for them and find the pay to stink and my QA and manager to be brash and hard nosed.  I am a great MT, but the account I am on has crazy account specs.  I am sick of getting paid crap and then all these account specs on top of it.  Anyone else feel this way? ...

Stentel Transcription
Apr 18, 2013

Has anyone heard of Stentel Transcription or had any experience with them?  ...

Stentel Ad--terrible Pay
May 09, 2013

5 to 5-1/2 per line for straight transcription/ 2-1/2 cents per line for VR.  Are they out of their ever-loving minds?  Anyone would be better off at a beginning clerical job that requires no skills at $10 per hour PLUS a couple of benefits, even if that just means you are an employee and have your taxes (i.e., social security, medicare) and other state/federally mandated business costs covered by the employer.  It just keeps getting ugiler.  And truly, are we supposed to ...

StenTel Of New Jersey
Dec 05, 2013

Does anyone have any info on a company called StenTel New Jersey with someone by the name of as the contact for applications?  I would appreciate any info at all.  Thank you! ...

StenTel Corporate
Apr 15, 2014

Has anyone ever worked for this company or no anything about them?  I have an interview. ...

Stentel - 3.5 CPL For Editing
Oct 28, 2014

A friend just got this offer from Stentel.....5 – 6 ½ cpl for typing and 2 – 3 ½ cpl for editing....in case anyone is interested. ...

Does Anyone Work For Stentel
Jun 10, 2015

Does anyone work for Stentel.  Just wondering if it is a good place to work for. ...

Anyone With Info On CCR/StenTel Out Of Massachusetts?
Mar 11, 2013

. ...

Stentel Pays Pretty Low
Nov 02, 2014

I understand that Stentel pays pretty low, but I am wondering if they are negotiable or if their platform etc still allows you to make more money that a company that pays a little more. How is their incentive plan if they have one? I do see that the actual cpl isn't always the bottom line. Any info appreciated. ...

Stentel An Awful Company!!!
May 01, 2015

I just need to vent.  I have worked for this company for 7 years and can't believe how terrible they treat their ICs.  I thought they were a decent place to work but they have now shown otherwise.  I have worked under 3 other account managers and never had any problems.  Then, I get moved to my current manager and instead of getting paid more, I go from 0.07 cpl to 0.06 cpl, and this manager cannot be satisfied.  Oh, it doesn't matter if I do good quality work, ...

Any Current Info On StenTel?
May 27, 2015

Anyone currently work for StenTel in Springfield, Massachusetts? Have searched archives for recent info, but not much found except their pay is low, but isn't that true of every MTSO these days? Seems they are hiring for Oncology and ID, so would love to hear from anyone who currently works there or has recently. Thanks so much! ...

IC For Softscript?
Feb 27, 2010

Has anyone ever been an IC for softscript?  I ask because I read the complaints that employees had, that they had to make up sick time and they're not at all flexible with scheduling.  Being an IC would seem to solve that problem.  Also, what sort of line count do they expect? ...

SOFTSCRIPT, Inc.
Apr 29, 2010

What can you tell me about a company called Softscript out of California?  Thanks. ...

Job With SoftScript
Oct 29, 2010

Does anyone know if SoftScript is a good company to work for?  ...

Anyone Here Went From MQ To Softscript?
Dec 01, 2010

I've been with MQ forever but just can't stand it anymore with all their changes and micromanaging.  I'm considering Softscript, but don't know anything about their platform.  Anyone here quit MQ to work at Softscript?  ...

SoftScript Pay?
Dec 08, 2010

How long after end of pay period does Softscript usually pay?  I'm fairly new and trying to adjust!  It's the 8th and end of November pay hasn't posted yet - is it just me since I'm new?  Whenever it is, it's okay - I'm not complaining - I'm just wondering so I can budget accordingly!  I wasn't told anything about this at training or hiring and knew some helpful follks on here could help!  ...

Oh Me Oh My Softscript
Apr 16, 2011

such a shame since somebody there had the good sense to hire PMs who demonstrate a certain degree of competence that the executive leadership does not so very sad stay tuned ...

SoftScript At It Again
Aug 10, 2011

I work on MULTIPLE accounts and had about 10 jobs so far today.  and they have job posting on MTjobs.  Hiring for transcriptionists and advertising plenty of work.  ...

I Am Not A Fan Of Softscript,but
Oct 20, 2011

But, they have an ad on MTjob board that is just hilarious and funny.  They have a picture of a dog sitting on a lap top computer working and underneath the caption it says are you tired of your employer treating you like a dog.  The dog even have on glasses.  I am stiill laughing. ...

Softscript Really Bad?
Nov 28, 2011

Just finished their testing.  Have read the archives of 2011 on them.  Does not sound like a company I want to work for.  Are they employee status or IC?   Any current SS employees out there? ...

Anyone Have Anything To Say About Softscript?
Jan 31, 2012

anyone have anything to say about softscript?...have an interview with them next week... ...

Softscript? To Be...or Not To Be?
May 30, 2012

Anyone have anything to say about Softscript?  The good, the bad, the ugly. :)  Whatever you got, I'd like to hear it.  Pay on time, good people to work for, what is the pay, etc.  You know, all that good stuff.  Thanks! :) ...

Softscript.
Jun 26, 2012

I have noticed a significant decline in my line count with Softscript ever since their blooper that happened on MT week.  I dont really understand how that has affected my line count so much but I used to type 23 jobs and get about 1000 lines.  Now I type 23 jobs on the same accounts and get 700 lines.  Something is wrong with this picture.  I am looking for another job, I just feel like I'm wasting my time. ...

What's With SoftScript?
Aug 16, 2012

I noticed that every now and then that SoftScript advertises on the MT Job board for a pathology transcriptionist.  I tried applying for that job once, but they said that they wanted "recent" experience and the last time I did pathology was in 2001.  And yet, they keep advertising for that position.  What's up with them?  Can't they hold on to any help?  On the surface, it looks like they have a high turn-over rate with that position.  Am I missing somethi ...

ANYONE KNOW ABOUT SOFTSCRIPT?
Aug 25, 2012

Does anyone know about SoftScript? Are they good to work for? ...