A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Radiology Transcription Posting... - MT 20 Years

Posted: Feb 25, 2013

I was wondering how much per report that radiology transcription job posted over on the Job Seeker's Board is going to pay.  Only 40 reports a day, which really aren't many reports.  I hope they are going to have to pay at least $2.50 and up per report.   I am rather leery, as the amount per report wasn't posted and they pay monthly.  :/

BEWARE - See message

[ In Reply To ..]
No company name, no website, no identifying information for the company, no email address, just a FAX number...all kind of red flags, and things I believe the moderators insist on having potential employees include in their ads.

Just because so many MTs have been burned and had their personal information on a resume floating off into cyberspace and others have been "hired" in what turned out to be simply vacation coverage, I'd proceed with caution if you apply (plus, IMO, that positions sound just a little too good to be true, but then I'm the paranoid type, lol!). Good luck!

I agree with this. Why not include company - name?

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm all for ads and do not criticize any of them as we do want the jobs available if we want to apply but if it sounds too good to be true and there is nothing identifying the company name, I'm more apt not to apply without at least that information in this day and age of technology.

BEWARE - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I would also warn people NOT to send any information to a site that does not identify itself by name. This sounds like either a scam or an attempt to get personal information. People, please protect yourselves!

radiology at home - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't even see such a post.
I reported it due to lack of identifying info - Mods probably removed it
[ In Reply To ..]
I reported it because it didn't follow the site's guidelines for ads on the job seeker's board. I think the mods may have removed it for those reasons.

Similar Messages:

Radiology IC Job Posting
Oct 27, 2010

I noticed that posting and sent an email.  Pretty sure they posted something similar before because my email had saved their address in it.  Never heard back though.  Does anyone remember this besides me?  Did anyone get hired?  Or a call?  Or an interview?  $2.50 a report, for anyone who has never been paid per report, is excellent!  ...

TT Posting For Radiology
Sep 08, 2011

What is up with this?  They have plenty of inside people to ASK if they want this work?? I don't get it.  How about the old saying from companies that they "hire within first" because they treat the employees with respect since they have been there and are 'loyal.'  So, many scraping for work and being exhausted by the demands of having to produce for pennies.  Where is this job going?  Where is the labor board?  We only have this board.  ...

Legal Transcription Jobk Posting
Apr 07, 2015

They pay $1.10 per page. There are 46 lines to a page. Even if this was paying for gross lines, it would only be .02 cents per line!  If they counted per 65 character line it would be even less! ...

Read Ad And Sad, Really Sad. This Is About Transcription Company Posting But Could Be On The Comedy
Oct 27, 2009

I noticed here a person asking how to get a job in this occupation and they listed where they had finished school. It was online so thought I would take a look. The ad said most finished in 4-6 months and you might have to go even less time if you are a CNP or the like. Get this, said transcription unusual in that many companies provide FULL benefits including paid vacations, sick leave, health insurance, retirement fundus and sign on bonuses for-  dahdah  INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS. ...

CBS Transcription Pay For Radiology
Sep 17, 2014

Anyone working at CBS know the by report rate at this company for radiology? ...

Radiology Transcription
Jan 28, 2015

Does anyone know of any companies seriously looking for Radiology transcriptionists. I constantly see openings for Acute Care transcriptionists, and try as I might, they want someone with recent experience in Acute Care. Tired of getting doors slammed in my face or no replies. My goodness, I do have extensive medical terminology, what with 25 years of Radiology transcription experience; but obviously this is not enough. ...

Pathology And Radiology Transcription
May 23, 2011

I have been a radiology transcriptionist for about 12 years. I am presently unemployed. I have seen an ad on one of the job sites for a pathology transcriptionist with 1 year experience. My question is how different/difficult is pathology transcription. Should it be something a radiology transcriptionist can do, given I have 15 years experience but 12 in rad work. Do you think it would be something I could pick up without difficulty? Any information and input would be appreciated. I have been ou ...

Radiology Transcription Future
Sep 22, 2011

There has been an obvious decrease in medical transcriptionist positions being advertised where I live.  However, I tend to see openings for radiology transcriptionists at the local hospitals.  Due to the nature of this work and the quick TAT needed, I wonder if radiology transcriptionists will always be in need or if it too will die off.  ...

X-Press Transcription (radiology)
Apr 06, 2012

Does anyone have any current information on X-Press Transcription?  Pay? (e-mail me if preferred) ...

Where Are All The Radiology Transcription Jobs?
Aug 26, 2013

It is just me or does it seems as if the transcription third party companies are focused more on acute care transcription than any other specialty. I have been a radiology transcriptionist for over 20 years. The company I worked for decided to eliminate 13 of us F/T transcriptionists since they converted to VR system and they kept a few aboard. Apparently the radiologists are being trained to edit their own reports. That being said, I'm searching high and low for a F/T position for a radiol ...

Lost Job Radiology Transcription
Dec 10, 2013

I read on one of the facebook MT pages (we aren't allowed to talk about specific pages on here) that an MT of 14 years just lost her RAD positon with MModal today.  Hope this does not begin another round of layoffs so close to the holidays.    ...

Radiology Transcription Companies?
Nov 18, 2014

I know it's a dying breed, but are there any GOOD companies out there still hiring for radiology transcriptionists? ...

I Want To Learn Pathology And Radiology Transcription
Jul 23, 2010

Hi, I been working full time in acute care as an IC now for 7 years and I have been noticing the only jobs for transcriptionists left in hospitals or labs is pathology, sometimes but rarely radiology.  How can I go about learning pathology.  I been in acute care my whole career, it can't be that hard to learn after typing acute care non stop for this long.  Any ideas? ...

Radiology Transcription To Voice Recognition
Sep 29, 2010

Has any radiology transcriptionist heard of a group of radiologists from the Chicago group?  I am a hospital radiology transcriptionist and have just started hearing that my hospital is switching to voice recognition on Jan 1st.  We have been given very little info.  I don't even know I will have a job, if they need editors, etc.  Please help.  Give me any info you have on this group or voice recognition for radiology.  If you haven't heard ...

Any Heard Of Radiology Transcription Services LLC Out Of NJ?
Jun 13, 2011

Just trying to feel out some companies...came across this one.  Thanks! ...

Is It Hard To Pick Up Radiology Transcription?
Nov 06, 2012

Is it hard to pick up radiology transcription? I have worked in MT for 30 years and feel I have have a very good grip on medical terminology in every field. Just wondering. Thanks. ...

Radiology Transcription Rate Question
Nov 14, 2012

Hello all.  I am a very experienced acute care MT, 13 yrs in the business, all specialties, ESLs, all work types, etc.  I have been wanting to get out of the MTSOs for quite some time. I was recently offered an in-office job at a radiology center for part front-office work and part radiology transcription.  I was very clear to them that I had no specific training in either, but they actually hired me.  I am tickled pink.  I think my acute care experience helped in terms ...

Has Anyone Ever Taken The Radiology Test For DTS (digital Transcription Services)?
Oct 11, 2010

Has anyone ever taken the radiology test for DTS? Is it hard?   Any info on the company?   TIA ...

Landmark Transcription Lost Radiology Account
May 09, 2012

Whoever worked for Landmark Transcription recently and lost a hospital radiology account, I am wondering if you have found other work yet?? ...

Epic Radiology Transcription Jump Codes
Aug 23, 2012

Does anyone know if there is a code in Epic to jump from the physician provider's box to the transcription palette in radiology. If not, is there a jump code in Microsoft Word that could be used. New to Epic. It makes me dizzy. ...

Fair Rate For Straight Radiology Transcription Per Report
Apr 05, 2013

What would be a fair rate for straight radiology transcription per report for a well-seasoned, part-time employee working every Friday and Saturday from 3P to 11P? Thank you. ...

Prn Hem/onc Job Posting
May 08, 2010

Did anyone apply and then hear about the prn job with Audrey's Transcription Service?  Thanks.  ...

Job Posting
May 25, 2010

How can they ask you to work stated hours if you are an IC?  I see this all the time.  They want an employee, full time, but an IC.  Don't understand all that. ...

Just Saw A Posting For GT For $70 An A/h - Now That
Jul 10, 2012

these jobs are out there and this is along the norm.  Don't - DO NOT - buy into the $30 or $45 an a/h baloney.  They are ripping you off.  Yes, I'm back on my soap box LOL. ...

Why Is TT Out Of H. Always Posting Sm
Dec 21, 2013

the same job ad(s) OVER and OVER again? ...

REV.COM Job Posting....
Mar 19, 2014

According to the job posting this company is based in San Francisco.  The stated pay rate averages $241.00 per month.  If I were this company, I would embarrassed to advertise the pathetic pay they give their MTs in one of the most expensive cities in the country.  If it weren't so tragic that there are desperate people out there looking for a job, it would be laughable.  ...

Funny Job Posting...
Feb 19, 2010

This on the job board today: "XXXX is looking for an experienced QA person to start immmediatly. We are also looking for MT's that have expereince in cardiology (esl), er and discharge summary experience." Yes, I think that QA person does need to start "immediatly". ...

Test Posting
Apr 05, 2010

I wrote a long post and it would not go through, despite the fact that I posted one earlier today.  This is just a test. ...

Job Board Posting . . .
May 16, 2010

On-call radiology work for weekends only . . . at 6 cpl!!!!!  Wow.  I hope no one is willing to take something like this. ...

Posting Pet Peeve
Nov 05, 2010

I have a POSTER pet peeve.  When a comment or question is posted about a specific company, why is the original poster likely to never elaborate?  Why are they wasting everyone’s time? What is up with these hit-and-run posts?   Someone makes an outrageous comment or asks a question implying something negative.  Then when you answer and either ask for more information or ask the original poster a question, the original poster is long gone – never to be heard ...