A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Very Interesting Find... - Janet

Posted: Mar 22, 2010

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/andrews-school-for-medical-transcription-c183013.html

Hmm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I do not agree with all of that. All MT schools are NOT the same.

True but... - Janet

[ In Reply To ..]
an indicator of what schools are informing prospects about the industry. There's always two sides to every story but thought this was interesting and worth sharing. Wishing you and all our MT sisters nothing but the best!

MT Schools - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand, I just know that there are good MT schools and BAD MT schools in terms of training well enough in this profession.
MT Schools - Janet
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree 100%. I wasn't being negative on the training, more the expectations upon graduation. There definitely are some excellent schools out there.
we are talking about the best MT school, Andrews! - MT industry
[ In Reply To ..]
But the best MT training cannot help you when confronted with the miserable job market, middlemen, offshoring, line rate, production, and newly arising technology takeovers.

100% correct analysis in the comment posted by the OP!

what are you talking about. OP is totally right, - excuse me?

[ In Reply To ..]
especially since she gave an analysis that is 100% correct portraying the situation MT graduates are put when starting out in this business after graduating.
And Andrews is recognized as THE best school.

I disagree with the fact that EVERY new MT can get hired, however, this is not true, nowadays only a small percentage of newbies get hired. I see ads all over the place that state:

"No newbies, please, do not need to apply!"

Similar Messages:

Anyone Else Find This Interesting?
Apr 08, 2012

On 4/2 a job posting was listed for part-time psychiatry work out of a "small transcription company out of Ohio" that could lead to full time work. Now there is a job listing for a P.r.n. cardiologist transcriptionist that has to have experience to start right away but the rest of the entire posting looks identical to the psych opening and now the psych opening ad is gone? Think they are running some sort of scam? ...

Interesting Find In The TSG Just Now ...
Apr 01, 2014

Isn't it interesting that the Transcription Style Guide gives this example:  "gram negative not gram-"   ...withOUT noting that the "Gram" in Gram negative is capitalized?  The name "Gram" in this laboratory test comes from the scientist's name who developed the test, thus in hospitals, labs, etc it is duly noted as "Gram stain", NOT "gram stain".  Why wouldn't MModal recognize it as such in the TSG?  ...

I Find It Very Interesting
May 12, 2014

That since they firing of people for being under the 99.7% guidelines, they are swamped with work. I no longer get the daily, you missed a comma or inserted a word emails. The ones that supposedly came from the facilities for being wrong. What happened, all the sudden those people are not working also? Something fishy ...

Interesting Find Which States Regarding SR
Apr 07, 2014

effective today:   http://www.joesdata.com/executive/Shaw_Rietkerk_291150096.html Still at MModal but seems to be a different position??? not sure, just passing info along ...

Interesting What You Can Find Slogging Through MM Learning
Oct 07, 2012

homepage.  To get to instructions to ensure emails get answered  homepage - learning and developement - MT/ME - training - escalating requests.  ...

SmartDoc - Interesting Find On Rip Off Website
Mar 17, 2014

Interesting find on Rip Off website.  See link ...

An Old Post You Mind Find Interesting!
Jun 16, 2014

"All the good work goes overseas to India where the owner is from. Basically, their little office in Massacheusetts is just a storefront and the American MTs they hire are window dressing." ...

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

Very Interesting.....
Apr 16, 2012

I think it is very interesting how a company will make you jump through hoops to "prove" you are an independent contractor but still want you to use an employee based punch in/out system. You don't get it both ways, if I am an independent contractor, then I don't have to use your employee based punch system, especially when you want to charge for it but to keep track of my own hours is free. ...

Here's An Interesting One...
Apr 27, 2012

ASR put "1,000,000 cm" instead of mobility. What? Why? ...

Well, Here's Something Interesting
May 02, 2012

I copied this from another site (sorry not supposed to put names on here): "(Transcription company name) is looking for MTs with minimum one year's experience for its Delhi office.  Mail CV at (their e-mail address here).  No, we do not outsource!" What the h***fire does that mean?  We do not outsource?  oh you mean to AMERICA where you got the work from?  sad, very very sad. ...

Interesting Ad
Oct 15, 2012

I saw an ad for radiology.  It states no experience necessary.  Paid training is available.  Typing skills are a plus but not required.  Earn up to $30,000 part time adn $55,000 full time.  How can someone post an ad like this.   Obviously it is an ad to train for medical transcription.  I hope that no one falls for this. ...

Well, This Is Interesting...
Jan 23, 2014

NJA yesterday for a significant amount of time.  Today, I log on...NJA.  Fifteen minutes later, they begin trickling in...jobs dictated YESTERDAY!!!  How is that even possible?? omg.  I thought there were NJA available yesterday!!!  ...

It Will Be Interesting To See What Happens When
Jan 28, 2014

Been reading the business perspective of what will happen when (not if - when) minimum wage is increased, and 99% of companies who employ low income workers say that will be the day they lay off most of their employees, or have to close their doors altogether.  Not that I expect MModal to ever "close their doors", but that does leave open the other alternative for a huge layoff as the need to "supplement" employees who aren't earning minimum wage, or who don't meet their ridiculou ...

Isn't This Interesting
Aug 29, 2014

Ran across this bit of information while looking for something else.  (Isn't that how it always happens?)  I don't know if it's been posted before, but even if it has, it's worth posting again. http://www.mtexchange.com/medical-transcription-exchange/who-owns-mtstars-com/ ...

Isn't It Interesting...
Mar 11, 2015

...that on the weekend before a big meeting with the client, there's an OOW situation on both Saturday and Sunday when on previous weekends the TSMs were begging us to work extra since MTs are either quitting or there's not enough coverage in the first place. So now we're being told to make up our missed weekend hours during the week, when it's obvious that the work was outsourced to cover the higher-ups' butts! Why are WE expected to be inconvenienced due to their lac ...

Something That I Found Very Interesting
Nov 21, 2009

Just for the heck of it, I went to the resume section of this board, and noticed there were quite a few MTs with "entry-level or less than 5 year's experience" wanting to be compensated 10-15 cpl  -- I really seriously doubt that is going to happen, especially for a "newer" MT.  I would suggest that if you are really serious about finding a job in MT, then revise your expected compensation rate to something a bit more realistic. ...

Something I Found Interesting
Nov 21, 2009

I also posted this on the main board, but here goes. Just for the heck of it, I went to the resume section of this board, and noticed there were quite a few MTs with "entry-level or less than 5 year's experience" wanting to be compensated 10-15 cpl  -- I really seriously doubt that is going to happen, especially for a "newer" MT.  I would suggest that if you are really serious about finding a job in MT, then revise your expected compensation rate to something a bit more realistic ...

Isn't It Interesting That Newbies Are Getting
Jul 01, 2010

us oldies are getting below 98%, in some cases waaayy below, after years or decades of exemplary work, with raises, etc. How much more obvious can it get that they're downsizing the highest paid (and most experienced) MT/ME, to hire the newbies and get the tax breaks. Makes me SICK, so I resigned a couple weeks ago and feel absolutely in shock that I did it, finally, and trust in God for a better job. ...

It Is Interesting That The Email About The ASR
Nov 18, 2010

proficiency program is from the marketing department. Who the heck are they to know anything about transcribing. They probably aren't showing enough profit with ASR and think they can make us do it faster (despite how horrid the ASR output is). ...

Something Interesting I Noticed.....
Jun 15, 2011

I work in-house at a clinic.  When I'm reading over reports from the transcription service, I noticed there are no periods after "Mr.," "Dr.," and so forth.  The transcriptionists type them as Dr, Mr, Mrs, etc.  Is this yet another way to cheat the MTs out of keystrokes?  If so, that's pretty pathetic. ...

Interesting Article On VBC...
Jun 14, 2011

http://health-information.advanceweb.com/Article/VBC-Compensation-for-MTs.aspx Read the comments too.  The second one is on point! ...

Interesting Article...
Aug 07, 2011

This just basically proves that it still takes a human to do what a computer can't do...     ...

Found This Interesting
Nov 10, 2011

Time to do something, nja, not enough money, will not allow me to schedule so I can find part time employment to supplement. This company is abusing us without question.   Doing some research and found these two articles:   http://www.mediate.com/articles/davenport.cfm and http://minoritysurvival.com/2011/07/15/six-ways-employers-abuse-workers/     ...

Interesting Facts
Jun 12, 2012

I think it's really something that the local colleges around me are not teaching their medical transcription programs anymore after 20+ years.  What does that tell everybody??? ...

Another Interesting Article...sm
Jul 12, 2012

found this interesting and encouraging... ...

Softscript - This Is Interesting
Sep 07, 2012

This is interesting  someone is interviewing for a position wiht SS and asked around about the "overpaying for work but not retroactively taking it from MT paychecks" that happened in the past months and they asked about the various comments of pay not making sense generally  here is what they found The company is still overpaying for jobs but the MT has to figure out which jobs.  They didn't find out how this is done They also found out there is a lot of work that is not ...

Interesting Article Re EMR
Sep 22, 2012

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/22/business/medicare-billing-rises-at-hospitals-with-electronic-records.html?smid=pl-share Please read!   ...

Will Be Interesting To See The Response To This
Nov 02, 2012

About to send off this e-mail to my ROM or whatever she's calling herself these days....Subject:  QA questions, just to be sure I have it straight.... We really, REALLY need to get a ruling from the client on this stuff. In writing.   In the last missive I got from QA, I was told that the only symbol allowed on ***** was the percent sign; thus, if they dictated 2+, I was to type 2 plus.   Aside from the fact that I've been typing plus signs on ***** reports for 4 ye ...

Found Out Something Interesting....
Jan 08, 2013

I was looking for job openings at our local hospital and it's a long story but, found out that they have taken their transcription back in-house.  Too many mistakes, not enough quality work, bad turn around times, et al.  I am applying today, in person with them.  I will offer to scrub their floors if that is what it takes to get back in to transcribing.  I know folks who work there and they get a very fair wage, benefits and time off!  ...