A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MedScribe in Jacksonville, FL - ??

Posted: Jun 28, 2012

Has anybody given this company 2 weeks' notice and actually been allowed to work it or were you let go immediately? Also, did you get paid for your accrued leave when you quit? Thanks for any info.

MS in Jax - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you're planning to leave MS, you'd best use up your PTO. As I recall, the company doesn't consider PTO to have been "earned"...they consider it their goodwill gift to you, or some such nonsense. I don't believe you're compensated for any of that time. As far as whether you'll be allowed to work your 2 weeks' notice, I would guess that depends on whether they have any work for you to do. It could probably swing either way.

use your PTO first - ol gal

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there for several month, but was offered a better position. When I gave notice I learned that I would not be getting my PTO; however, fortunately my state's laws trumped the MS policy, so I did get mine. I'd use my PTO up, if I were you, before giving notice.

Similar Messages:

MedScribe, Jacksonville, FL
Jan 09, 2012

This company was on my list of companies to apply to because of positive comments posted here. I just went to their website to start the process, and this is listed under "Employee Benefits:" Taxes paid -- employer portion   It is right there in the midst of vision, dental, health insurance, etc.! EXCUSE ME, but they are REQUIRED to pay those taxes so how is that an "employee benefit?!"  The other HUGE RED FLAG for me is that they use the crappiest platform on the planet, ChartNe ...

MedScribe (Jacksonville)
Jul 14, 2012

What is going on at Medscribe-Jacksonville? I keep hearing rumors that scare me.  Does anyone have any info? What is happening to our accounts? ...

Medscribe-Jacksonville, Florida
Oct 06, 2010

I've worked for Medscribe-Jacksonville for over 2 years now.  I have always had plenty of work except for holidays usually.  The work has slowly becoming less and less, but in the last 3-4 weeks the work has slowed WAY down to pretty much nonexistent.  Anyone working for this company have any idea what is happening?  ...

Medscribe Transcription, Jacksonville, FL
Jan 21, 2012

Anyone currently working for Medscribe?  Looking for feedback regarding part time hours and what they pay for editing/transcribing and platforms used. Thanx!   ...

Current Information On Medscribe Jacksonville, FL
Jul 17, 2010

I have checked the archives and I couldn't find a lot of current info on Medscribe in Jacksonville, FL.  Anyone recently or currently work with them on the ChartNet platform?  Any info is appreciated.  TIA ...

Looking For Current Info On Medscribe In Jacksonville, FL Please .. (sm)
Jan 04, 2011

I have read the archives but was looking for additional info concerning schedules, platform, pay, do they leave you alone to work, is there plenty of work?   Thanks in advance! ...

Current Info On MedScribe Out Of Jacksonville, FL?
Dec 05, 2011

Can anyone give me any current info on MedScribe out of Jacksonville, FL? Saw their ad today. Good company, cpl, good dictators? Thanks!! ...

Medscribe (Jacksonville/Naples) Article
Oct 28, 2014

Just interesting and wanted to share. "They really think they're invisible," Langley chuckles. "I'm worried about technology making us obsolete," Langley concedes.  "Employees clock in with a "Web clock" and the system boots them out if they've stopped working for longer than five minutes. 'I know what they're not doing,' Langley says." "Transcription applicants are required to have at least five years of acute-care experience. Employees who can't meet ...

Med-Scribe Jacksonville, FL
Nov 07, 2011

Does anyone have any info on medscribe out of Florida?  Can you make decent money.  Has there been enough work to keep everyone busy?  I have been thinking of leaving my current employer after 10+ years and wonder if this is the right move.  any insight would be greatly appreciated! ...

Info On Med-Scribe Jacksonville
Sep 04, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on Med-Scribe Jacksonville.  I am thinking of applying there.  Specifically, is there plenty of work, pay rate, good company to work for, and any other info you would like to share.  Thanks in advance for the info. ...

Still Looking For Any Info About Med-Scribe Jacksonville
Sep 07, 2011

Anyone who can provide any info on Med-Scribe Jacksonville, it would be greatly appreciated.  Feel free to email me.  I am interested in workload, pay rate, hours, benefits, company, and anything you would like to let me know.  TIA. ...

Med-Scribe In Jacksonville Hiring Process
Sep 04, 2011

Can anyone tell me what the hiring process is for Med-Scribe.  I filled out an application and took the written test online.  Do they send you the audio files or what is the next process?  TIA. ...

Considering Medscribe
May 04, 2010

I am hoping some MTs will be willing to share this info.  Would anyone who works 40 hours a week with MedScribe in Florida be willing to share what they average salary-wise per year?  They seem like a good fit for me.  I am considering making a switch and trying to get a ballpark as far as what is doable.         ...

Medscribe Inc Ad
Jun 17, 2010

I have been purusing the job openings board and noticed two ads on there from Medscribe, Inc, located in New Albany, Indiana.  However, on both ads, there is no contact information.  Does anyone know anything about this company?  Thanks. ...

Medscribe Or OTI??
Jul 22, 2010

which is better-changes coming for OTI I hear. What are they? Might help decide which is a better fit. Anyone know? ...

MedScribe, Inc.
Aug 03, 2010

Does anyone have any information on/opinions about MedScribe, Inc? ...

Medscribe In Jax, FL
Jun 04, 2011

Anyone know what is going on with Medscribe?  There has been little to no work for weeks now with promises of more work coming in. I know they have lost a few accounts but even the accounts still there seem to be dictating a lot less than what they normally do so I wonder if they are headed on their way out too.  Today I heard a rumor they might be sending work to another company to handle overflow and that is why the work has dried up.  Has anyone else heard this? I can't be ...

Medscribe, They Won't Even Lie To You
May 27, 2012

I was told straight up that my account was gone.  after the fact of course.  don't believe anyone.  what a nightmare.  plenty of work and really great paychecks then POOF gone.  and no warning.  I give up on this industry.  got to get out and no better time than now.  so sick of lying to your face companies.  and don't think you're not next because you are. ...

Medscribe OOW
Jun 06, 2012

Is anyone else totally out of work since Medscribe converted/upgraded over the weekend? ...

Pay Cut From MedScribe Jax
Jun 16, 2012

Anyone else suffer this fate? Mine was 1 cpl. ...

Info On MedScribe?
Oct 23, 2009

Anyone work for MedScribe?  I just applied with them and I am hoping to get some info about the platform, ease of dictators, accounts, schedule, is there enough work, etc?  Any info is appreciated. Thanks! ...

About Wavescribe/Medscribe
May 06, 2010

What's the opinion out there, is this company reliable to work for? I've heard good and bad about getting paid on time.  I hear they hire newbies too. ...

Anything New/up-to-date On MedScribe, FL ?
Jan 28, 2011

Archives are divided -- half happy and treated well and doing the work they expected to do, paid on time, good benefits.    Other half got jerked around a bit, given different kinds of work than expected, said line counts are incorrect, missed a couple of paychecks (which is strange since they do direct deposit - maybe they didn't back then.)  Thanks. ...

MedScribe Question
Feb 05, 2011

Wondering why MedScribe puts ads up all the time and never replies to their applicants. I know I aced the test, and not a peep... Even sent a few followup emails, still nothing... Anyone else having this problem??? ...

What's The Deal With MedScribe?
Mar 11, 2011

They take apps but I never see them advertise or anything on message boards about them.   ...

Anyone Have Any Info On MedScribe?
Apr 19, 2011

Anyone have any info on MedScribe? ...

Familiar With Medscribe?
Sep 07, 2011

Is anyone familiar with Medscribe? How are they to work for, etc.? ...

MEDSCRIBE NEW JERSEY
Sep 25, 2011

I've been with Mediscribe, New Jersey for quite sometime as an MT.  They have always been just nice people to work for.  Then the office manager suddenly passed away (God rest her soul) and for a while we didn't have anyone except the same person who's been in QA ever since I've been there, she wonderful, always gives great feedback, and is very supportive on this just horrible account we are on in PA.   Then the owner, who is just the nicest man, hired th ...

MedScribe Inc Info -
Nov 11, 2011

MedScribe Inc out of New Albany, Indiana - anyone with current info?  I see they are hiring for IC's at 7 cpl to start with raise.  Raise to what?  8 cpl?  Thanks -  ...

MedScribe No Different From The Rest
May 15, 2012

I thought I had a great job transcribing for a specialty clinic in Chicago, but lost it to speech wreck.  MedScribe lied and told us it was a computer upgrade for Chicago, but now I'm left here with no work because it all went to speech wreck.  I would have changed over to another account but I was sucked in and believed about the upgrade.  Now I have no work.  Anybody else?, because I have an attorney and he would like to hear from all of us.  This industry is ...