A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MT at Transcend who does 40,000 lines a pay period - Jean

Posted: Dec 22, 2010

Hey, about 3 years ago there was an MLS who did at least 40,000 lines per 2-week pay period at Transcend.  In fact, there was even an article about her and about 5 other transcriptionists supposedly "invaluable" to their MTSOs in one of those AHDI journals. How do you suppose she was doing over 40,000 lines in 10 working days per pay period?   I don't see how it would be possible to consistently edit 500 or more lines an hour every day on that Beyond Text platform that Transcend has. I'm surprised I have never seen anything about her here.  I always figured she was possibly getting someone else to work under her sign-in, or else cheating somehow, but I don't know how that would have been possible. The best I could ever do was around 24,000-25,000 lines a pay period when they introduced editing and around 21,000 to 23,000 when it was all typing).  So when the pay was cut almost in half, I gave it a try for about a year and then quit. I could not afford the $200 to $300 cut in take-home pay every pay period.  But I still wonder how that individual could have done so much when nobody else could. 

Transcend MT who does 40K lines - Current Transcend MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm one of the MTs with Transcend who usually edits/transcribes 40K a pay period. I'm on the eScription platform, not BeyondTXT, but have worked on both. Utilizing the tools they give you to increase productivity is the biggest help.

how many hours? - cj

[ In Reply To ..]
I am just curious how many hours you work per pay period to get that many lines, if you wouldn't mind sharing that information.

I'm just curious how she manages to find that much work - in a pay period. LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
X

keep in mind: This board is anonymous and anything can be posted. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I did 450 lines an hour the one and only day I did VR, sm - did not do it again after that

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure that in time, I would have done more than 450 lines an hour (was typing anywhere from 300-400 lines an hour depending on my physicians). Too much editing in my opinion to ever make VR lines add up to the straight typing lines, so went with a job that had no VR. I couldn't afford to give up the money with 2 kids I support on my own.

I average 32000 a PP - BB

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I average 33000 a PP. - headintheclouds

[ In Reply To ..]
Okay, lay off the chronic and get to work for real!

I do not work for Transcend and do not SR. That is a - IMO

[ In Reply To ..]
good salary but not great when you consider you are paid half of straight typing. And as far as Transcend bragging about 6 or so MTs who could do large volumes, it would paint a more accurate picture if they would have told what the average is, not the few who can produce large numbers.

Keep thinking that head in the clouds.. - not that hard

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I guarantee if they audited the high producers - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
there would be an extraordinary amount of CPEs. Quantity always takes a backseat to quality. Give me a top-notch MT who can do the required lines per PP with little to no errors as opposed to Speedy Gonzalez who doesn't take the time to listen completely or proof and has quality that is most likely less than 95%.
I respectfully guarantee you would be wrong - High Acccurate Producer
[ In Reply To ..]
Remember, just because YOU cannot do something does not necessitate that NO ONE can do it, either. We all have our various talents; I'm sure there are many things at which you are quite skilled that I would totally fail at.

Again, just because you personally cannot do something does not thereby mean no one else can do it, either. Tsk, tsk.
Actually, I don't work as an MT any longer thanks - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
to a VERY nice windfall that has afforded me the luxury of retiring at 49. Type on, HAP, type on....
I am sure...That is why you find yourself whittling away hours critiquing others here? - Oh the lulz...
[ In Reply To ..]
Enjoy that "windfall," hehehe. Perhaps some volunteer charity work would fill your hours more constructively and in a more personally fulfilling fashion than critiquing or speculating about the work of others in your former career? Oy vey...The stories on these boards.
It's an amusing way to pass the time when the weather is cruddy! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
!
whittling away - Suzy
[ In Reply To ..]
Ah come on!!! Experienced medical transcriptionists are finding new jobs all the time not doing MT because of these problems. People getting spoon fed the good work, the newbies getting the easy doctors because they can't do the hard ones, it is becoming rediculous!! I have over 35 years of experience to be treated this way! I am very good at what I do, not just say that. And, with the rules changing almost ever many years, we are now almost back to the way we used to do it 25 years ago. I have been through so many changes that I didn't agree with, that now they have gone back to the original way. (AAMT BOS, AHDI, whatever!) Most places do not agree with these books of style and have their own books of styles, or alterations of. It is flippin' rediculous! It's like having to learn how to walk all over, every few years this happens, or from going from job to job in even a month or two. NO ONE IS CONSISTENT!!!
High Accurate Producer - High Pro, Too!
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you. Like you, I am an extremely high producer (350-400 lph, high ESL account). I have been doing this for decades and take pride in not only quantity but QUALITY. I score 99% or above. I think it is interesting how folks would rather be critical of the high producers than learn from them.
Me, too, maybe not AS much but as good. Thanks for - a gracious courteous comment, too. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
98% - everytime
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
lines - Suzy
[ In Reply To ..]
Like I posted before, you are being fed the good work by the lead or boss. To get that kind of work continuously with great dictators is IMPOSSIBLE all the time. Once in a while, yes. And I agree, who is doing the QA? Maybe it is 98% or better, who knows. Audit these people and find out HOW they are getting their work - most likely spoon fed! I guarantee it.
Suzy - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You sound like a jealous gal. Why don't you spend your time improving your skills instead of bashing others?
I agree, SM. - PT
[ In Reply To ..]
I know I do Q/A on my own reports out of habit, so any editor is lucky to get my reports, and, in fact, like you said, some recognize the good typists and learn it's safe to pretty much breeze through those. There will always be those who are greedy above all else.

I average 65,000 lines per pay period (2x month). - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
My name is Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht. I average 65,000 lines per pay period. My name is Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht. I average 65,000 lines per pay period. My name is Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht. I average 65,000 lines per pay period.

My guess is that person doesn't even exist. - Smoke & Mirrors

[ In Reply To ..]

My thoughts exactly. nm - Sayin it doesnt make it so

[ In Reply To ..]

Sorry, but I know someone who does about 35,000 a pay period. - I cannot do it, but

[ In Reply To ..]
When she works, she really works and nothing bothers her or interrupts her. She knows all the shortcuts, etc., and uses them. She was fast even when she was on the old AIM system. She is on a very difficult account but has been on it for a long time so knows most of the dictators.

I keep increasing my counts every pay period and maybe with time I will get up to 25000 or 30000, but I am sure I will get there when they put that new program into place. It sounds wonderful.

Sorry, I do not run out of work because I have so many accounts as secondaries as insurance against that. But you have to be willing to be flexible, work multiple accounts, and even work the days and hours when no one else wants to. I am just as happy if you do not change to the weekends and swing/grave shift because it just leaves more work for me.

Transcend is a decent company to work for. I admit, I liked it better when it was smaller, even better when it was MDI-FL, but times do change and you have to be willing to change with them. And I would much rather edit than type now.

but how many hours? - cj

[ In Reply To ..]
so if you know someone who does this, could you please tell me the answer to the question that started this - how many hours is she working per pay period?
Not sure, but not over 40 a week. She told me she averages over 500 lines an hour. - cannot do it
[ In Reply To ..]
I guess you can do the math from there.
Wow. That's pretty hard to believe. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I won't go ahead and call them a fabricator, but I used to type an account that was basically all normals- I pulled in the demographs, typed in left or right and the type/size of the intraocular lens (doctor would say nothing more than normal right cataract, Alcon 18.5 diopeter lens), and I was lucky to get 500 lines/hour. I cannot imagine either typing or listening and editing entire dictations and consistently pulling in 500 lph.
I believe it. I can do 25,000+ in a 14-day period, - on rather stinky accounts and
[ In Reply To ..]
by working steady for a full 80 hours, but I'm a clumsy fingers and just not a terrific keyboarder. There have always been a fair number who leave me behind in their dust.
You guys sure leave me in the dust - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
No wonder some of you still love this job. My company must be cursed with the slowest of the slow because they think I'm the fastest they've come across based on how long it takes me to get in a job when they call for it, and yet, even though I never run short of work, I'm doing great if I get in a 16,000 a pay period, and that's putting in 10-12 hour days five days a week doing straight typing (I'm the only one on the account so I rarely run out and am not fighting off poachers).

I don't know how other people are doing it, but they sure must be living large. And in less than eight hours even. Incredible.
We are talking about editing, or at least I am. - BB
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
doesnt even seem possible with editing... i get so - bored, i fall asleep with foot on pedal.
[ In Reply To ..]
I am not talking about editing - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
I have never edited, never will. I transcribe 350+ lph and am not going to edit.

How are these MTs doing on QA scores? - SignMeMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Just curious. Editing/transcribing an accurate report is really the goal and the most important part of our job, not line count. Maybe some MTs perhaps can accomplish both, just not day in and day out. And how many days and hours do they work? A pay period could also mean they work 13 or 14 days in that pay period, but probably don't have time to go out and enjoy any of the $$$ or have any life other than sitting in front of the computer. What a life?

9 hours a day x 12 days x 400 lph editing = 43,200 lines.

Personally hitting at 99.6 percent on my last QA - Some of us got mad skills, LOL!

[ In Reply To ..]
Editing obviously isn't for everyone, but once I started REALLY focusing and using all of the short-cuts, and became very familiar with the dictators on the account, I average 500 lph most days with my last QA audit hitting at 99.6%. Not quite perfect but surely nothing to be ashamed of!
I have tried, but cannot hit that - Crabby
[ In Reply To ..]
yet. I have shiny ball syndrome and it is hard for me to sit for more than 15 minutes or so (plus the fact I have RA and need to move around).

Congrats to those who can!
That was MY huge obstacle at first too, LOL! - 99.6 percent QA
[ In Reply To ..]
I built up the focus slowly (had to!) by starting in 15-minute uninterrupted bursts, then once I tackled that to 20 minutes, etc., up to an hour, then a much-needed 10-minute break. It took me a couple of months, to be honest, but boy was it worth it. I jumped from around 18-22,000 lines per pay period up to between 35-40,000 (my highest rate so far was a little over 42,000, but that was due to the last 4 days of the pay period being extremely filled with GREAT dictators playing catch-up on dictation).

Hang in there - You can do it, Crabby!
Thanks for the encouragement - Crabby
[ In Reply To ..]
I need to get my focus together. I want to remodel one of our bathrooms and my husband said if I pay for it, I can do pretty much whatever I want. So that is my incentive! My QA scoring is more than adequate as far as I know. I just have to work on focusing.

For someone that has shiny ball syndrome, Christmas lights are VERY distracting!
It may also depend on how much needs to be done - and what the account requires
[ In Reply To ..]
before beginning editing/typing such as looking up addresses, docs, patient demographics, if the reports are all really short so having to go in and out of each report, etc.

Line counts at Transcend - Suzy

[ In Reply To ..]
You get in good with your boss or the lead and they feed you the good work. Unfortunately, in an 8-hour day of doing both good and back dictators, you CANNOT get that many lines in! You are fooling yourself. I can make $50-$100 an hour transcribing certain doctors, but how rare do you get these doctors continuously if you are getting the next job in line??? IMPOSSIBLE! I am positive that these people are being fed good work. BEING INVALUABLE AND LONG-TERM EMPLOYEES, they apparently were being treated appropriately, for their time and comittment, something you rarely see anymore in any of these companies!! It's like who do you have to slXXXXp with to get good work?

Similar Messages:

Is 20000 Lines A Pay Period Possible?
Sep 02, 2010

I noticed a new hired is well cherry picking her way thru our ques but is it possible she can type 20000 lines in a 10 day work week - this is double any of us can do? We use express scribe could she be using some kind of speech to text program to get to this number.  Her report counts are high and we all work on same accounts but produce at least half of what she does in the same amount of hours.  I truly need help understanding this? ...

Lines Per Pay Period.... Advice
Dec 23, 2010

I have read a lot of talk here lately about lines per 2 week pay period. I see a lot of you saying you can easily get 25,000 lines per pp, some say 40,000 lines per pp. I estimate I can get about 4,000. Now, I don't work full time, but even if I did, I just don't get this. I type relatively fast - 45 to 50 wpm, I have the same docs every day so I have a lot of auto words built up. How does anyone do this? What hours do you work? How fast do you type? Would really love to hear some deta ...

How Many Lines Do You Average A Pay-period?
Mar 10, 2012

Not talking straight typing but VR line average per week or per pay-period. I know its a personal question but we are all anonymous here. So for example do you average: 7000 a wk 9000 a wk 15,000 a pay-period. 18,000 a pay-period. Me personally, I have been only averaging 14 to 15,000 a pay-period. Trying to work on improving and I work 40hrs per week, so basically only doing anywhere from 7000 to 8000 per week. Just curious if I am average, below average...I am assuming below ave ...

Will Someone Please Tell Me The Required Lines Per Pay Period?!!
May 17, 2012

I have asked my TL 3 times.  What are the required lines per pay period?  Combo of ST and VR?   Thank you. ...

How Many Lines Required For Part Time Per Pay Period? Thinking Of Going PT. Thanks.
Mar 18, 2014

nm ...

Transcend - No Work Last Day Of Pay Period
Jul 16, 2010

I've noticed this repeatedly over the last several pay periods, particularly with one of my accounts, since Transcend took over.  The last day (or two) of the pay period, there is no work - 0 for every work type!  Next day, work levels back to normal.  Is this due to off-shoring, account hogging to get that last pay check boost...?  Or do patients just stop showing up at the hospital on the 15th of every month?...right. ...

How Many Lines/hour Do You Average Doing Editing At Transcend? Sm
Jan 19, 2010

Hi, could anyone post what your lines per hour have been for the editing on BeyondTXT?  What would be considered good?    ...

New To Transcend. Do They Pay For The Lines In Canned Text? Nomo
Mar 13, 2010

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

PTO Per Pay Period
Dec 09, 2011

Just got off the utilipro site and can't seem to see where it is listed the # of hours of PTO I get per paycheck.  I am a FT employee and have been with the company 6 years already, but I can't find this info.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks! ...

Period Or No Period
Jan 03, 2013

Hi.  I know I am going to get ripped for these questions.  However, I have not transcribed in a while and I cannot remember if mg, mcg should be mg., mcg.  Can someone help me update myself.  Thanks Carol.  Also, since I am asking, for postoperative diagnosis do you type " same "or do you type out what the preop was?  I would appreciate any help as there are so many different ways to transcribe it and sometimes clients have preferences.  Thanks Carol. ...

End Of Pay Period . . .
Jan 20, 2013

and I'm a little concerned.  My supervisor religiously sends out an email reminding people to approve their timecards, and this time - nothing.  I've put in the last of my PTO to cover all the hours I missed this week due to NJA (which is basically a failure of management to staff accounts correctly), and she still hasn't approved it.  She usually has by this time.  My concern is that MModal is going to start pulling stunts like some of these other c ...

End Of Pay Period
Jan 30, 2013

This is to those MTs who do next to nothing for most of the pay period and then the last 2 days decide to make up all of their lines.  It really screws those of who show up every day and work our full day.  I've spent more time hitting the "get next job" today than I've transcribed lines.  I looked back at the last 5 pay periods and every single one of them on the last 2 days of the pay, I was barely able to make my lines. If you're going to be a slacker then just ...

$161.00 This Pay Period
Jul 25, 2013

Welp....at least I can make my car payment.....Food?  Food banks here I come! ...

Got MUP This Pay Period.
Jul 09, 2014

Low and no work, multiple accounts.  Lucky I got what I did this last payperiod.  However, early this year I got a few bucks in MUP and was told to bring my statistics up or else.  Now, I figure I will be either fired or put on probation for this.  Spent too much time signing in and out for OOW crap.  Should not hold us accountable for that, but you know how it goes. ...

How Could I Have Earned So Little This Pay Period!!!
Dec 10, 2009

I'm $200 short.  The big difference is I did more ASR this pay period.  At this rate, the rent is now at least 3/4 of my monthly earnings.  How am I going to pay the bills and still eat? Hope I can survive until I'm out of here?  Counting down - 7 more months to go until my training for a new career is finished.  ...

Probation Period
Feb 19, 2010

I am curious - I was hired by a company and am almost at my probation end period.  I have been hearing a lot from other MTs about getting laid-off and or terminated from different companies.  I wonder if I should be worried that it will happen to me.  I would hate to think the worst but ... ...

Pay Date For This Last Pay Period - Is It 04/26? Nm
Apr 25, 2010

x ...

ASR's Training Period Over
Jul 26, 2010

Why are we still having to jump through hoops -- highlight and skip marker for more than 5 words, etc.  - for the ASR?  Hasn't it had time to "learn" all it is going to learn?  It would be so much easier just to delete the crap we can't use and have to re-do instead of all the red skip markers, etc.  Anybody been told that we can just DELETE and not SKIP yet? ...

When Does The New Pay Period Start/end?
Dec 09, 2010

Just wanted to know when the end of the pay period was or beginning.  Is Monday, 12/13 start of the new pay period?  I know pay is every two weeks. ...

Two Apaces After A Period?
Feb 16, 2011

I have always double spaced after a period before beginning the next sentence but it appears that this rule may have changed in recent years?  I'm wondering whether one or two spaces is generally accepted by most transcription companies? ...

Pay Period For Nuance
Dec 18, 2011

Hello! I was just offered and accepted a position with Nuance and am supposed to start sometime this week (was supposed to get the new hire PW on Friday, but it did not arrive, hoping it will tomorrow for I really need to start working again..sigh).  Anyway, I know that the pay period runs every other Friday, but what timeframe does it cover for transcription (basically, how long will I have to wait before receiving a check) and when is the next payday.  I forgot to ask these important ...

I Just Want To Work.....period
Sep 21, 2012

First off, thanks for letting me vent because here it comes......why oh why can't I just work and stay working in this darn MT field.  I've been doing this for 10 years and I keep winding up in this exact same spot.  I have continuously worked for more than 1 MT company at a time and there have been a number of times I have had to work a 3rd MT job just to pay the bills, ya' know the basics.  I will NEVER understand how these lame MT "scam" schools can eve ...