A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

bye bye keystrokes and good riddance - unhappyksmt

Posted: Aug 10, 2010

GOOD RIDDANCE - U TOTALLY BLOW AS A COMPANY - I HOPE YOU AND ALL OTHER MTSO'S LIKE YOU WHO SCREW OVER THEIR EMPLOYEES GO STRAIGHT DOWN THE TOILET INTO THE SEWER WHERE YOU BELONG!!!!! THEN YOU CAN SEE HOW IT FEELS TO BE FLUSHED AWAY LIKE WASTE - JUST LIKE US MT'S ARE.

A little melodramatic, don't you think? sm - TiredFingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think they're the best company although I am not sure which one is at this point. I also don't think that they flush anyone away like waste. I happen to like it there but we all have our own opinions. I just can't understand the love and hate posts. It's just a job. As long as they have work for me and pay me for what I do, I'm good.

hawk eyes, or what. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

People are entitled to vent - on this board - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

I so agree with you. It's just a job. It's called work. I also agree with OP - to leave it if it is not a good fit

[ In Reply To ..]
That's the way it works. Any truly bad company will end up with nothing but terrible MTs. It's not worth all the emotion though. Find a company that's a good fit and go for it!

"I got mine, and screw the other guy." Right? - Your turn will come, TiredFingers.

[ In Reply To ..]

That is not what I meant. Are the only opinions accepted here those that are hateful? sm - TiredFingers

[ In Reply To ..]
How come when someone has something positive to say, they are accused of being management or liars? I just said that everyone has their own experience, and mine is positive. There are plenty of bad companies out there; Keystrokes is one of the good ones, IN MY OPINION.
in case of venting, yes. they are frustrated, don't need to be corrected - if not 100% accurate. NM
[ In Reply To ..]

what happened to upset you so much? sm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It might help others to know your experience. I hope things work out well for you.

Keystrokes WAS NOT for me either - passing through

[ In Reply To ..]
I wasn't as impressed by them as a lot of people, better job now!

me either. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Wasn't for me either, but it was a good thing. - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm making 2.5 cpl more, actually get paid for OT, and don't have to work on that "very productive account that MTs love" called Meditech, no C-phone, better benefits, and enough work on primary and secondary to keep me busy.

Keystrokes is a nice fit for me. - atagirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I like Keystrokes. I think they have been forthright in the last crisis in explaining it to us, and it did not affect full-timers. And they weighted the lines from their difficult count and put it within very fair range for us to make their requirements even on that account. They are a good company to work for. I have worked on my attitude a lot to get along with companies over the years, and I am finding that an attempt at understanding is needed rather than my "spoiled brat" approach to dealing with persons in authority. It works! (I was adored as a child, and now that I am old, I had to learn the hard way that no one owed me that same adoration I had as a child.)

It's a great fit for me as well - Happy MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. I have been there for a few years and I have not had any problems with them. I think they are one of the very few honest companies out there. They have always treated me very well and everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. I have plenty of work, pay is always deposited on time, and I have always made a great living there. I have no complaints. It may not be a good fit for everyone, but a lot of people, myself included, are very happy there.

Some MTs make great money, others make very little for same work. - Keystrokes is rigged.

[ In Reply To ..]
dd

Wholeheartedly agree about Keystrokes though I may not have been as descriptive - Been There, Done That

[ In Reply To ..]
When I was in high school I worked at a fast food restaurant where we literally took "restroom/dining room duty". This included cleaning toilets as necessary. I preferred that job to Keystrokes and was treated with more dignity.

re: Wholeheartedly agree... - Pat

[ In Reply To ..]
My time at KS made me appreciate my present company and my present very courteous, ''non-neurotic'' team lead and QA. Extremely glad to be gone from KS! Would never return.

Keystrokes is for me! - dargin

[ In Reply To ..]
About Keystrokes.. I am a fairly new employee (not quite 3 months) and I absolutely love my job with Keystrokes!!

I have over 19 years transcription experience for both âon-siteâ clinics and hospitals and âat homeâ clinics and hospitals. I have worked for many MTSOâs since transcribing from home (approximately 10 years now) as both an employee and an IC. There are many, many, many bad companies out there! Same promises, same lies, it gets real old real quick. However, Keystrokes is over and above the rest and in my opinion the best company I have worked for as a home transcriptionist. I am grateful to have a job with them! My experience with them has been a rewarding one thus far. I have a great account manager and communication is never a problem, not with her or anyone else in management at Keystrokes.

The world of transcription has changed from when I started in 1991, Keystrokes is definitely one of the good guys. All the negativity that is being given to them is not deserved! Times change and companies change and adapt - that is life. If an employee does not like changes the company they work for makes then they have the option, right and freedom to leave â but - there is no reason to slam a good company with a solid reputation just because YOU do not like/do not agree with the changes being made.

For the MT's leaving, I wish you the best of luck. Remember the grass is not always greener...

Similar Messages:

Keystrokes - They Are A Good Company Or Not?
Oct 10, 2010

Anyone know anything about Keystrokes whether they are a good company or not? ...

Keystrokes - A Good Company Gone Bad Sm
Apr 03, 2011

KS seems to be getting lower and lower in the popularity with emplooyees test. I worked for them once but left for the reasons everyone is talking about.  There was no communication. The owner was never truthful and everyone is afraid of her because of her horrible temper tantrums. The accounts are overstaffed - you might get put on another account but it will be overstaffed too. The only accounts that are not overstaffed are the terrible ones that no one wants to work on and it is imp ...

Keystrokes - Any Good News On Them?
May 07, 2013

I've actually worked for them in the past, horrible experience with my team lead - who sucked, and my account, which was an overflow account - which they didn't tell me when they hired me.  So needless to say, I sat most of the time without work.  So I didn't last long there, as we obviously need work to make money.  I'm looking for an employee position, as I'm sick of owing taxes as an IC.  Do they have straight typing there or is it mostly VR?   ...

Keystrokes Good Company To Work For?
Jan 05, 2010

Can anyone tell me how Keystrokes pays and if they are a good company to work for? ...

Can I Get Some Recent Info On Keystrokes, Please - Good Or Bad - Nm
Feb 17, 2011

x ...

Keystrokes - Good Company To Work For?
Mar 16, 2011

Can anyone tell me if this is a good company to work for ...

How Good A Company Keystrokes Is To Work For?
Oct 20, 2013

Does anyone know how good a company Keystrokes is to work for?  I tried doing a search of the archives on the company board but couldn't find anything.  They've got a QA position I was thinking of applying for.  Thanks for any and all information. ...

Any Info On Keystrokes...the Good, The Bad, The Ugly?
Dec 03, 2013

Any recent info on Keystrokes would be appreciated! ...

Keystrokes - Give Me The Good And Bad On This Company?
Jan 08, 2014

I applied, got an email to test. Can anybody give me the good and bad on this company? If you can guestimate pay for me, that would be great as well! I have 10 years of experience. After I applied, I read some posts on here that were a little worrisome. I want to get some more input before I test. Thank you!     ...

Any Good, Bag Or Ugly Comments About Keystrokes"
Sep 07, 2011

I got a phone call from them and they emailed me a list of available shifts, what equipment I'd need, platform, but I forgot to ask how much per line I'd be paid.  The person I talked to was very nice.  I just want part-time which she said would be 20 hours a week.  Before I email her back asking the wages and/or I decide to accept it, I'd like any info anyone might have.  I still work at MQ and don't want to leave for something just as bad, before I actua ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...

Good Friday; Good Bye Spheris
Apr 02, 2010

Well Good Friday to me.  I left Spheris.  It is indeed the best Friday for me in a very long time.  I've had it with their lousy platform, Mafia QA (they try their best to kill your spirit), mandatory this, mandatory that, do this, don't do that, change this, don't change that; no, don't change this, don't change that, and on and on and on, and now their bankruptcy.  No PTO for the next 4 months to keep the clients satisfied during ...

Keystrokes....
Nov 05, 2009

I know that there have been many negative posts concerning Keystrokes.  Is this Meditech platform that they use difficult to catch onto?  ...

Keystrokes 100% QA
Feb 15, 2010

I'm new to Keystrokes and just found out I barely didn't pass my very first audit to get off 100% QA.  Does anybody know how long they give you to get this 98% passing score before they fire you? ...

DD For Keystrokes?
Jul 01, 2010

I have given notice but including today have 2 checks coming.  To my surprise, the deposit is not in my account today. Has anyone else not gotten their DD from Keystrokes? ...

Keystrokes Help
Apr 27, 2010

I was wondering if anybody knew who I'd contact about trying to add secondary accounts to work on.  I've sent a couple of emails out but I'm not sure I sent them to the right people. ...

Keystrokes Job
May 28, 2010

Read the job opening for Keystrokes and also talked with the recruiter.  Can anybody here who works(ed) for and Keystrokes give real, hands-on experience for working for them?  I've had many instances where how it really is isn't how the recruiter said it would be and don't want to get burned again.   I'd really like to know the good and bad about the company upfront before I decide whether or not to accept the job.  Please don't ...

Keystrokes And VR?
Aug 27, 2010

Does anyone know if Keystrokes uses VR?  I am working with VR at the currently company I am working for and I don't like it.  I'm considering applying with Keystrokes.  ...

KEYSTROKES AGAIN!!
Jun 18, 2011

Seems some companies just do not learn after being sued for unpaid overtime.  Here is another one filed on June 2, 2011 - Whitaker v Keystrokes Transcription - here is the link http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/illinois/ilndce/1:2011cv03734/256349/1/     ...

Over 90,000 Keystrokes
Nov 10, 2010

and QA dings me for one.  Unbelievable.  That's what it averages for 1400 lines a day full-time.  Even with 3 cups of coffee and an office chair seat belt, it's no easy feat.  Ninety-thousand keystrokes PER DAY.  That's not including the ADT, the Internet look-ups, etc.  Throw me a bone here, QA. How many keystrokes to you do, PERFECTLY?? ...

OSI And Keystrokes
Jan 17, 2011

Just wondering about OSI and Keystrokes.  I recently have applied to both of these and looks like I could be hired by either one (have already done the testing).  Could anyway tell me how they are to work for.  Do they do voice recognition? And anyone know their pay rates? ...

Keystrokes W-2's
Jan 21, 2011

Has anyone from KS heard yet when they will be mailing out the W-2's?  ...

Anyone Has Gotten Their W2 Yet From Keystrokes?
Jan 28, 2011

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their W2 yet from Keystrokes? ...

Any One Know If Keystrokes Sent Out
Mar 04, 2011

for reimbursement for overdraft fees?  would be curious to know  . . . thanking you in advance ...

Keystrokes Sm
Sep 16, 2011

Noticed they posted a job for the night shift.  For those who have worked this shift or are working this shift for Keystrokes, is there enough work.  Seems never to be enough work and that would be murder staying away for no work.   :-/ ...

Keystrokes?
Feb 08, 2012

Does anyone have any information on this company?  ...

Keystrokes Anyone???
Apr 25, 2012

Does anyone work for Keystrokes that has any information about the company?  Really need some input....Tks ...