A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I just wanted to say not to give up on a search for a "good" MTSO - mijamigramma

Posted: Nov 15, 2013

I have been looking for work since July. I recently started with Babbletype, even though their reputation on here was awful, but, I try to look at things from both sides. I mentioned my experience with them in a post below, so I am not going to reiterate it here. The other thing as well, is I have been waiting for my pay to be deposited into my PayPal account, which it should have been done on Wednesday and it still is not there. Not a heck of a lot, but when you need small things, every little bit helps.

I applied to a company for one position and although that position had been filled, I received an email late Saturday or Sunday evening asking me if I would be interetsted in a position as an MT, to which I responded that I would be. I filled out a short questionnaire (not a test), and talked to the recruiter on Monday and was hired and started officially working yesterday.

During my conversation with the recruiter, I was told that the owner of the company will send out questionnaires to get feedback from the MTs on how things might be improved. I also received an electronic greeting card from the recruiter, thanking me for taking the time to interview and welcoming me to the company. I had to purchase a software license for the platform they use, and they are willing to take the cost out of 2 paychecks.

I had the software installed yesterday and the techical support person was wonderful and very patient. I trained yesterday and had a very extensive conversation with my trainer, her getting to know me and vice-versa and did a total of 5 reports. When I checked my email this morning, I received an electronic greeting card from the person who trained me.

This company has tried VR and neither the doctors nor the transcriptionists liked it. They are all straight typing and intend to stay that way. It is not mandatory that a facility go with VR.

The pay is average for what MTSOs are paying right now, and I prayed long and hard for finding a good company and this is one that I intend to stay with until I retire.

Keep you chin up, do your homework, look outside of the "obvious sites" and send out resumes and test with as many companies as you can.

Good Luck!

Care to share who you work for? - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I would love to know who this great company is as I have been searching for a for a while now and am getting really frustrated. Feel free to reply by email to me if you don't want to post the company's name publicly on here.

I'm sorry but.... - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
For one thing, I am not going to post the name of this company on public message board, only to have them flooded with resumes, nor do I respond privately. For one thing, I do not know your level of experience as an MT, what your specialities are, etc. From my own personal standpoint, I used other sources to search for work other than here and the other large job posting website. I was contacted by them and did not have to test, based on the experience they saw on my resume.

My post was intended to reflect that it sometimes takes time and that you have to think of other means, other than common job posting boards, because sometiimes companies post elsewhere and will not post either on here or the other large MT job posting board. You, and others like you, have to take the initiative :)

Thank you - whatwzthat

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the positive realistic run-down of your experience with getting hired. I'm also very happy with my MTSO, straight typing only, and a little better than average pay. Have to maintain at least 98% quarterly. Christmas gifts and extremely fair and professional in how they conduct themselves.

Congratulations, and proving that we CAN create our own success and happiness, just have to keep at it. ;)

whatwzthat - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with your post. There are still companies out there who DO care about their employees and do not treat them like "machines." Unfortunately, because of this profession becoming "flooded with MTs," it is not what it used to be, but the good companies are still out there.

except - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
You havent worked there so how do you claim they are a good company? This is why I never reply when someone asks for a good company because "good" is a relative term.

Are they good because they send you greeting cards? Or ask that you spend (I'm assuming uncompensated time) filling out questionnaires?

You haven't done a full pay period so you don't know if you have a full pay's worth of work, if they will pay you on time, or if the work you get after training is even doable.

I'm glad this impressed you but sorry I just don't see how they would qualify as a "don't give up on a good company" when you've got no clue beyond greeting cards.

good company - katrina

[ In Reply To ..]
also they can start out good and things can quickly change and more and more VR added. I have had this happen repeatedly, so you can think things are good and then they can quickly turn around, so then you're just jumping from one crap experience eventually into another. Sorry but that's been my experience.

sorry that you had this experience - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry you have had this experience, but even before I started, I also spoke personally with the owner of the company by phone, who repeated the same things that were told to me by the recruiter. YOUR company may have gone with VR, however, this company has tried it and the doctors did not like it nor did the transcriptionists, therefore, they have no plans to go with VR. The pay is on the lower side; however, there are templates and normals that can be pulled in and over time, this can be a very lucrative accout. Yes, I have only been on the account one day, but I have enough experiennce in this business to know whether a company is going to be either a good or a bad experience.

Possibly, you and others who had had "negative experiences" need to look at why that occurred and turn it around to something that could be positive. I wasn't even really looking into getting back into a position as an MT and I had pretty much decided to pursue other things as far as making money. I sent out my resume more just to see what was out there and this opportunity occurred.
I would still be wary.... - Cautious
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been working in this field full-time for over a decade now and have worked for several companies. I have even spent several years working in management roles, so I have seen firsthand what goes on behind the scenes in the MT world. Let me share my most recent experience, as I once felt the same way you feel now about my current company. When I was first hired by my company a little over a year ago, I was told the EXACT same things you were told regarding VR. I was told that they ONLY do straight typing and had absolutely NO plans to ever switch to VR, how the clients also had no interest in VR. I thought I was working for the greatest company ever. Now, just over a year later, my company is getting ready to move at least half of our accounts to VR and eventually plan to have ALL accounts to VR. This came out of nowhere and everyone was completely blindsided by the news. Several people have even left since finding this out and others are planning on leaving. People who have been working in this field for a decent amount of time know to be very, very cautious and wary about what companies tell you. It's called bait and switch. Of course they'll tell you what you WANT to hear in the very beginning to get you on their hook and reel you in, but you will soon find out that the many wonderful things you were told were not the truth, or at least weren't the truth for very long. I hope your experience remains a positive one; however, I would proceed with extreme caution and by no means would I automatically believe every single word that either the owner or recruiter said to me. Believe me. I have been there...more than once. I wish you the best of luck with your new company and I hope it works out for you. I really do. Just remember, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Agree. Poster hasn't even started. Was just hired yesterday. (nm) - ANON

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Reply to your post - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
In answer to your "snide" questions, the work is very doable and there is plenty of work. Right now, I am doing clinic; however, I have 33 years of experience and most of that on the acute care side. They are starting on a new acute care account, which again, is all straight typing and there is PLENTY of work, both on the acute care side and the clinic side.

No, I was not basing my comments on receiving "electronic greeting cards", etc., but also the way that this company treats potential clients etc. They even will send cards to curernt clients as well as potential clients as well. They work with the hospitals/clinics to ensure that everyone is happy all the way around.

I have not had problems with quality of the sound files that I have transcribed so far. From the tone of your post, I feel that you have been "burned" in the past -- I have too, and I have been through quite a few frogs.

I am an IC, and I gave them an approximation of my availability; however, I do not have to adhere to a schedule. If I want to work ojn Thanksgiving and Christmas, I will because it is my choice and not because it is mandated that I work those days.

Again, I do not give information out because I do not want this company as well as other companies that I have worked for to be inundated with resumes from people who may or may not have the required experience.

What Purpose, Really? - Hanging In There

[ In Reply To ..]
I do understand why a lot of MTs who are working for good companies don't want to say where, but I'm at a loss as to why go so far as to not even want to say what other websites, resources, etc, you used to find better companies or listings. Personally, when I find a gem of a job I smile and just keep it to myself. I'm certainly not going to come to a site like this full of people who I know are looking for good positions and post about I found something great, but not telling any of you. It reminds me of being a kid running around the playground taunting "nana-nana-boo-boo."

It's great you found your niche with a company you really like. Just wonder why people aren't more discrete with their finds when they know they are not going to share.
Partt of an MT is knowing how to research - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
Part of the job duties of being an MT is knowing how to research. There are good companies out there. Possibly some of the people that are seeking other employment need to do a search of positions by putting in terminology different from just "medical transcription jobs," for example. I came across a large website that had SEVERAL general and medical transcription positions available which were not advertised here or on the other big job posting website. Then, when someone like me or another poster comes on and states they have found what they feel to be a "good company," then everyone starts asking for information. Again, part of an MT is being expected to research ON YOUR OWN!

When I found this company, it wasn't even listed under "medical transcription" but was put on a "transcription" job posting board. You need to start looking under other categories of transcription and you may find a smaller company, that is looking, but for some reason, that ad got "misclassified."

I have seen posts on here before when someone mentions a good experience they have had or are having and the next post you see are people wanting to know the name of the company. Again, stop and think about the number of MTs looking for work and the number of applications and resumes a company gets when a job opening is posted.
but why can't we work together? - help each other?
[ In Reply To ..]
I understand a small MTSO may not want to be inundated with resumes but why can't we help each other out once in awhile? MTs could never form a union that's for sure. There's no unity! it's every man for himself.
Grow up, stop begging, and do your own research - like OP and the rest of us have to NM
[ In Reply To ..]
NM

ONE DAY - sorry

[ In Reply To ..]
But you've been there ONE DAY. That hardly qualifies you to say they are a good company beyond they gave you greeting cards, do you not see that?

You don't have any real-life experience, or next to nil, to back up your claims of them being a good company other than the greeting cards (which you repeated in this reply so I'm guessing you're really impressed with greeting cards).

I work for a "good" company too, except it gets its a** kicked around her on a fairly regular basis. I've been with my "good" company for three years now and when I see people bashing it, I just smile and smile even more on pay day.

But like another poster said, your post falls short for me because you really can't support the claims of "good" company (IMO) since you haven't even ever been paid by them, have only worked there a day, and therefore you don't even know if all those claims they make are actually true. Then top it off with I found it, you didn't DOES come off as nanananabooboo. I get the logic of not sharing a company name but your post as a whole really offers little more than you found a company not on the regular MT sites that gives greeting cards.

I hope you still feel as lucky and fortunate a year from now. That will rock. But right now? Yeah, well, no, I don't quite get the point of your post.
sooo I've been there one day -- BIG deal! - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
I have almost 35 years of experience as an MT and have worked for many services, including the "big two." I am NOT a number with this company, I have a name. If I need a question answered, the person who is my supervisor is availalbe at all times on instant messenger to answer that question. That's a lot more than I can say for a lot of people who frequent this board and COMPLAIN about the fact they do not hear anything either via IM or email from their supervisors. I am truly an independent contractor and when I hired on with this company, I gave them an idea of what my availability would be. I don't have a schedule, I don't have to punch a time clock, I don't have to worry about getting up to go outside to have a cigarette or even taking a minute or two to read message boards.

As I mentioned previously, this company DID try VR. The doctors didn't like it, the transcriptionists didn't like it and therefore it was abandoned. There is NO federal mandate for VR to be in place. Therefore, if a facility does NOT want to utilize VR, then that is their perogative. It is not up to the MTSO and this is the way this company has decided to pursue things.

When i mentioned receiving the greeting cards, I felt that it was an extremely thoughtful gesture as well. I have also received positive emails -- none of this garbage of "well, we hired you, and this is the last time that you'll hear from us," type of emails that are so common with the larger companies nowadays.

This will be the LAST company that I will probably work for, as I will be eligible for early retirement in a few years.

I have common sense and if something does not strike me right during the course of an interview or even in tones of emails, then that generally will send out a warning to me.
Still.....one day........ - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
It doesn't matter how much experience you have or how many different companies you have worked for. To come on here and make a post singing the praise of a company you've been with for ONE DAY and claiming they're such an amazing company to work for is absolutely crazy. There is no way that anyone could form a solid opinion of a company they have been with for just one day. You need to really experience what they are like and work for them for a while and see how they handle a variety of situations and scenarios before you can make such allegations. If I wanted opinions on a company, I'd certainly want the opinions of those who have been there for at least a few months and not someone who hasn't even been there 48 hours and is in the "honeymoon stage."
i cant believe that you said this would be the last - pbj
[ In Reply To ..]
COMPANY YOU WORK FOR AFTER ONE DAY
THIS IS JUST A LITTLE CRAZY
PBJ-reply to your post - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
Well with about 4 years until I retire, then yes, it will be the LAST company I work for. Not all of us are in our 30s or 40s.
If u don't wanna share the company name, at least share the website to help others out - or else ur just bragging
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Do you know how to research? That's what I did when I found this company - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
I found this company on a website that had general/legal medical transcription positions listed. I believe they had also advertised on MTJobs.

Again, you have the "gimme mentality." You want something to be handed to you without taking the time to do your own research. I have no intention of posting the name of this company or their website, only to have them bombarded with resumes from inexperienced and incompetent MTs. Within my first day of training, I had the platform down as well as the way the demographics and the reports were to be done.

Again, there are other websites besides here on MTStars and the other big job website where companies will post openings, so I would suggest you take the time to start researching on your own and quit expecting a "hand-out" from somebody else.
I don't want the name at all, just speaking for others who did. - I do very well TY
[ In Reply To ..]
I am not lazy and asking for a handout. You don't know me at all but you sure "know" everyone else on this board because all your posts uptalk yourself and downtalk the rest of us. I wouldn't wanna be your coworker anyway! I wasn't asking for the company name so put me in that lump category. Thank you very much!
TY - yes
[ In Reply To ..]
"Wanna?" Really? I bet the people on here don't need you to speak for them.
I'm sorry... - ...
[ In Reply To ..]
Was my English not proper enough for you? I choose my wording in any of my posts just like I would speak in real life to an actual person. I do know how and when to use proper English and do so in my MT job every day. I don't say anything on this forum that I would not say to a person's face. And if I am speaking for anyone else, I'm sure I'm not the only one who says "wanna."

I'm so done with this grammar policing!
Well, I guess we all have our standards - yes
[ In Reply To ..]
There is a wonderful saying in Buddhism: How you do anything is how you do everything. If you are content with sloppy speech, that's your perfect right. You ain't gonna change, and you don needa.

Reply to your post - GJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I once gave out the name of my company (which I really like) and they were swamped with resumes from MTs who were not qualified. We are only a mid-sized company, not one of the huge ones. Anyway, I was asked to please not post the company's name again as they did not have the HR power to deal with it. So I understand why people will not give out names of companies. Too bad it has come to this, but thank the matchbook schools.
GJ - Exactly Why I don't - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly why I will not give the name of the company out or respond to people asking me to send them an email with information. There are far too many MTs that really have no business being an MT and only got into this profession because of the "work from home" situation.

People complained about not "networking" on here. I do network, but I network with people that I have had a business association with in the past. Granted, we may not know each other face-to-face, but we may have worked together in the past and I know of that person's work abilities, unlike someone on here, that I have no clue what their experience level is etc. I have also known people in the past when I worked for other MTSOs who had actually lied about their years of experience and the type of experience they had, saying they had acute care experience when they had only being doing clinic work. It DOES come back to haunt someone eventually. In my ONE day, the QA manager has seen my quality of work and has decided to release me early from full QA, which was supposed to last 30 days, so I guess that says something about my work ability as well as my ability to hit the ground running.
OP - See Message - Burned
[ In Reply To ..]
You're right to be wary about even emailing someone the info.

Last summer, I responded to an email with the name of the company for which I work. Of course, it was my personal email address and my name was clearly on it.

This person completely misrepresented herself to the company, dropped my name, and said she was a "good personal friend" of mine.

Imagine my surprise when a couple of months later one of the owners of the company called to see if I knew what was going on with my "friend" they had hired and why she wasn't working her assigned shift, etc. They couldn't get a hold of her and thought perhaps something was wrong.

I informed them this was NOT a friend of mine, just someone who I had exchanged emails with and told her where I worked. They said they would have fired her sooner but, since she claimed to be a personal friend of mine (and I'm in extremely good standing with my employer), they kept giving her the benefit of the doubt.

I informed them the only thing I knew about this woman was her name and for whom she had previously worked and by all means feel free to can her noncompliant self.

What a nightmare. I now make it a policy to NEVER answer any email inquiries about my employer nor to volunteer their name on these boards.

You know what they say about once bitten...
Burned - Burned2
[ In Reply To ..]
Boy, I can relate. Several years ago there was a woman on here who had had a serious family tragedy but she swore up and down she was this crackerjack MT, lots of experience, yada-yada. Our company was hiring at the time, so I e-mailed her our name. Well, our company hired her and she did a horrible job and they had to let her go. Although the MTSO was understanding about it, never again will I help anybody blindly. You know what they say about once burned, twice shy.......

U don't wanna share ur new great company cuz ur afraid of NJA - when they overhire n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Not hardly -- they know how many people to hire to keep the jobs in TAT - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
I am not at all afraid of "nja." The reason that I do not list this company, is because of the fact that there are way too many people out there that feel that they can do this job, when in fact, they cannot. I found this job through researching and searching and I am sure you can do the same. If you would read some of the other posts, you will see that people got very badly burned by referring people from on here to the companies that they work for. I will not do that, because I don't know you or anyone else on this board from Adam. The ONLY time I will do this is when I have actually had "personal" face-to-face contact with a fellow MT or one that I keep in contact with, by other means than a public message board, be it here or elsewhere.

Do your own research and MAYBE you can find a good company to work for -- I know I did!
I'm happy where I'm at too and I did read every post - ...
[ In Reply To ..]
You may be right with the whole "if you refer me to your company and I suck" kinda thing, well that is not for you to decide, it's the MTSO ultimately who decides who to hire, if to hire them, when to hire them, and/or fire them if they do not meet QA, etc. But to say that you will not share the info to avoid just anyone applying, that is not for you to say is good enough. I'm not seasoned like you but to say in general that I'm not good enough to apply where you are now is not your place to say. IMO that is rude. Only the MTSO can tell me no. Maybe they should just post on here not to apply because they have all their MTs right now or just ignore any applicants versus "not having enough HR to go through them all." I've applied for other non-MT jobs as well and never heard back from them, it wouldn't be any different for an MTSO, and if I did apply and did not hear any response from them, I would move on to the next one. I hope you feel the same way about your new MTSO a year from now. Come back on here and let us know how it's going. Good luck.

whatwzthat - whatwzthat

[ In Reply To ..]
To the post "I'm glad this impressed you but sorry I just don't see how they would qualify as a "don't give up on a good company" when you've got no clue beyond greeting cards."

It's like looking for a boyfriend/husband, instead of listing all the things you want in a person focus on the things you DON'T want and are deal breakers. The greeting card comment was just to point out the OVERALL professionalism.

I'm almost 60 years old and have been around the MT business for over 40 years--I believe that experience constitutes leeway to comment on what is 'good' and not-so-good about a company.

Doesn't take a genius to know when you're being taken for a ride, either by a company or a person. KEEP TRYING.

Whatwzthat -- thank you for that post - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
That is one of the things I was trying to convey. I received a greeting card from the recruiter, as well as the "trainer/supervisor." I have had steady work since starting. We had TERRIBLE storms and tornadoes here in the Midwest on Sunday and my supervisor called me tonight to make sure that I was okay and wanting to check to make sure everything was okay. There USED to be other companies that were as friendly and personable. Unfortunately, they have either been gobbled up, or forced to go out of business because they could no longer compete.

I really do feel for those MTs who have been burned for one reason or another -- I have too, and I have also seen companies that I have worked for go out of business with no warning. YOG being one of them.

The account that I am on is great and I get a wonderful line count with no lack of work. I have about 4 or so years before retirement, so I really do hope that things continue the way they are for that period of time.

Good MTSO for ONE whole day? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I think the fact that you were just hired, it's a little premature to declare you spot until you retire. Sounds like they told you a lot of great things about themselves and hopefully that is true. BUT, if it is true, I hate to burst your retirement bubble, but generally they just don't last. I, too had a WONDERFUL company that I worked for, best of the best, never mentioned on this site, because I'm sure the MTs there were not leaving, as I never planned to. My MTSO also gave the whole "We will never do VR" spill, claimed their clients didn't like VR, etc. The thing is though, these "clients" aren't cemented into the MTSO, so you have to keep that in mind. MTSOs are very cut-throat now and they constantly try to underbid others and pay their MTs peanuts. There will be a time when their clients get other bids and more often than not, the clients move to those lower bids. There are not very many MTSOs who just keep their same clients for years and years and years. The smaller, good companies usually get swallowed up rather quickly and suddenly.

Good luck though.

There is no eutopia - whatwzthat

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no 'perfect' company or person, nor are there guarantees. My company could announce today they are going to VR and I would be upset but not surprised. My expectations are realistic. They don't owe us anything, they are in business to make money, like us all.

Find somewhere that treats you with respect, pays generally what you are worth and on time, and rarely runs out of work. Not complicated.

whatwzthat - Found utopia

[ In Reply To ..]
I found my utopia, so it can be done. I have been with them for the better part of a decade. I think each person's utopia is different, so we each have to look for ourself. Good luck to all!

And a good MTSO has you PAY for a "software license"? Im confused on that..nm. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nn

Paying for software license... - biggest red flag ever

[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately, the OP will have her bubble burst but doesn't want to hear it, just wants to live in her fantasy world.

There are a lot of companies that operate that way - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
There are companies that provide computer equipment, but some of them require a payroll deduction. There are companies where you have to have a Dictaphone foot pedal and a "dongle." I have had to pay for the use of those in the past and it was not provided to me by the company. I have a 14-day trial of the software that I am using for this company. I am purchasing a LIFETIME license that is good with an unlimited number of computers, which is something that I would have to do anyway depending on whether another company used that particular software or not. The company that I am currently employed with is ordering it at THEIR discount and will be taking the cost of it out over several payroll deductions.

From the tone of your post, you sound very negative and I hope that you can eventually find an MT job or something else where you can be happy.
To OP - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
Actually, I am extremely happy with my MT job. I've been an MT for 43 years and I have only heard of one place where you had to buy their software (an acquaintenance of mine fell for it). The outcome was not pretty. Nuff said. I hope it works out for you, though, I truly do.
Not true - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
In my career, I've worked for three companies (small and national), and had job offers from five other companies at one point. Not one required me to pay for a software license.

Similar Messages:

Those Having MTSO Issues, Give Focus A Try!!....sm
Jul 01, 2010

Even after hearing all the negative, I STILL decided to give Focus a shot because of all the POSITIVE changes they have made in the last 2 years.  I was hired by them 2 years ago, but decided not to take the job because of all the negative I had heard and with the revamping they were doing with the company.  I decided to take the leap of faith, and I do have to say that the change to Nuance has proved to be a very positive one!  They now offer medical/dental/vision, paid time off, ...

How Long Would You Give An MTSO Before You Sue For Nonpayment? Sm
Apr 30, 2013

I am still owed for work done in March. She says she cannot give a definite time as to when this money will be paid to us (I am not the only one she owes). As my bank account grows smaller, so does my level of patience. ...

The Search For A Good MT...
Jun 15, 2010

I am just really troubled about this post that good MTs are hard to find.  While I agree there are bound to be some people that are not cut out for the MT business, I am just wondering how long MTSOs are going to allow that standard to continue.  This is some of my experience: I have been hired by a MTSO that has been in business for 10 years yet not 1 single MT in the office. No one had a clue as to the account specs or ever worked on the platform. There ...

Has Anyone Gotten A Good Job By Posting On The Job Wanted Board? Nm
Mar 02, 2012

NM ...

Jobs Wanted Board - Oh Good Grief
Mar 02, 2011

I just posted on the Jobs Wanted Board - and it came up x 2 - I then tried to delete - and now there are 3 identical postings.....  How do I get the two extra off?  (blushing with embarrassment) - I want to get rid of the evidence as soon as possible  lol ...

Does Anyone Know Of A Good Site That Will Search Medications
Sep 29, 2010

nm ...

Another Good Site To Search For Coding Jobs: Twitter
Mar 11, 2012

Yep, you read that right: Twitter. I have an account and just now I did a search at the top of the page, and you wouldn't believe all the results that came up, local results from different parts of the country posting coding jobs. It's great. So that's just FYI for y'all. ...

Good Sites To Search For Coder Jobs Besides Monster And Careerbuilder?
Mar 07, 2012

Anybody know? ...

MLS Who Give Good Feedback
Apr 01, 2015

It's clear from reading these posts that there are some people who are deliriously happy at Nuance, unless of course they are posting on its behalf to do damage control.  My question is, those of you who are the happy ones, why?  Do you do straight transcripion, editing, or both?  Do you find that you are rarely OOW?  Do you find that you are not dinged on a regular basis for errors that you must challange after the fact?  Oh, and one last thing, if you are deliriou ...

I Really Want To Give Up On Finding A Good Company
Jun 05, 2013

but I can't.  I have to find an at-home job.  I have tried house cleaning, but no one around needs a cleaning lady (very small town).  I have a disabled son that I just cannot leave with anyone else.  It HAS to be me or he has super fits.  I guess I am just venting:(  Just so sad what this has come down to:( ...

Keystrokes - Give Me The Good And Bad On This Company?
Jan 08, 2014

I applied, got an email to test. Can anybody give me the good and bad on this company? If you can guestimate pay for me, that would be great as well! I have 10 years of experience. After I applied, I read some posts on here that were a little worrisome. I want to get some more input before I test. Thank you!     ...

Here's A Good One . . . Most Neurotic Mtso You Have Ever Worked For??? You Don't Have To
Apr 27, 2010

nm ...

Aero Transcription - Are They A Good MTSO? (sm)
Feb 05, 2011

Is there plenty of work.  Can you have your own dictators on a regular basis?  Good pay?  Would appreciate any info.  Their website says they have subcontractors so I reckon that means IC status only. ...

Can Anyone Suggest A Good MTSO With Acute Care Work?
Dec 16, 2011

Over 28 years experience, about 26 years of acute care.  Now doing clinic work, which is kiling me financially! The reason I'm in clinic work is because I was a Spheris employee and former MQ, but did not want to go back to MQ when they bought Spheris.  I am now doing mainly VR clinic work and obviously, it's killing my paycheck. I am quite sure even VR acute care would be better, but I would prefer straight transcription or majority of it transcription. I would work evening ...

SoftScript Called Me Today And Wanted To Know If I Wanted To Work For Them
Jun 11, 2010

Although I work for Spheris/Medquist right now, SoftScript called me today and wanted to know if I wanted to work for them. I had applied with them before being hired by Spheris. They assured me they DO have work right now. ...

Which Search Engine Do You Use To Search?
Jan 11, 2014

Wondering if everyone still uses just Google, or have you found something better? Curious to know! ...

Wanted To Go PT
Jun 04, 2013

My plan was to retire PT and work PT, however, I was told MModal is no longer allowing employees to go PT only if you are grandfathered in.  Yet, today I see on MTJobs MModal is looking for PT workers.  If I do not go PT, I will lose quite a bit of money monthly from SS retirement.  I also was told we are only allowed to take 3 sick days a year.   ...

Info Wanted
Nov 11, 2009

I've been an IC for 10 years with the same company.  Made excellent money working only part time.  This company has now lost a lot of accounts and work has slowed to almost nothing (had no work so far today).  Now I'm looking into getting a job through one of these national companies and have been reading the posts made here and have sent my resume to a couple places.  I feel shell-shocked with all the questions.  Can anyone tell me what these na ...

NEW: Job Wanted Board -- SM
May 03, 2010

We now have a Job Wanted board available.  This is a board for you to make confidential posts that list what you are looking for in your job search.  There are many ways to use the Job Wanted board.  There are also safe practices you, as posters, should take for professional security. Posters responding to your job-wanted ad can be recruiters, facilities, any business wanting to respond to you.  Other fellow posters (MTs) can also make suggestions about companies ...

Re: Job Wanted Board
Jun 05, 2010

I was just wondering if anybody has gotten a response from a company yet? I am on there and I have not heard a thing. If this is not in the right spot, I am not sure exactly where to post this! ...

This Is Tammy...just Wanted To Say.....
Nov 01, 2011

Thank you to all of you who have gotten in touch.  I really loved working with each and every one of you and your support and concern is so truly appreciated!  But you know what?  Honestly, I am looking at this as a blessing in disguise.  I would not want to work for a company that constantly lies to its employees and has no regard for anything other than their own pockets.  Please keep in touch.  You can all still contact me at tpkj05@yahoo.com or ca ...

I Know It Is A Little Early, But I Wanted To Be The First.
Dec 31, 2011

nm ...

At Home Job Wanted
Apr 08, 2013

I am looking for an at home job and can not find any entry level positions. Does anyone have any advice please???? ...

QA And Fiesa Your Help Wanted Ad!
Oct 10, 2014

You expect nothing less than perfection from your unappreciated MLS but you do not know there is an "M" in ambulatory??????????????!  ...

REFERENCE BOOKS - HELP WANTED!
Dec 16, 2009

I just started this new job 2 weeks ago working for a plastic surgeon.  Now trying to build my reference book library.  What books would you recommend?  I know I need a PDR...I'm having trouble deciding which one would be best.  I also am needing a good Plastic/Cosmetic surgery reference book.....any recommendations? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

I Just Wanted To Take A Quick Minute To Say I Really
Feb 22, 2010

An hour or two ago, I had a word question and put it on the word board and within a matter of five minutes, someone posted the answer.  I know we all have our own opinions and experiences but I am an MT with 20 plus years of experience and my mind just went blank on this word.  Well, I was glad this fellow MT helped me out, so I did not have to send this to QA.  I looked up the word again myself just to be certain not that I doubted this other MT and then I took a minute to thank ...

Encouragement And/or Opinions Wanted
Feb 27, 2010

Hey all, I'm seriously thinking about dropping MQ and transcription in general as the outlook looks grim.  I was thinking of going to school as a pharmacist.  If anybody knows what such job is like and can give me their opinion and maybe some encouragement to make such a move, I would appreciate it.  TIA! ...

So Finally We Have A Job Wanted Board!
May 03, 2010

See the menu on left under Job Seeker's Board or here is the direct link. http://forum.mtstars.com/wanted/ ...

Something Noticed On The Job Wanted Board,
May 04, 2010

your job-hunting results.  There are a lot of people with 10-20+ years' experience seeking work.  I'm in the same boat.  My experience so far has been that NOBODY is interested in hiring older, highly-experienced MTs.  Any of you starting to feel that vibe? So I'd be interested to know what sort of results you get from the Jobs Wanted board.  When you truthfully state your many years of experience, are you getting any offers?  Are they willing to com ...

Pt Wanted To Be Put On S/l Wacheluss For Constipation
May 05, 2010

s/l wacheluss?  I could not find this in constipation drugs. ...