A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keystrokes - any info? - NewMT

Posted: Jan 06, 2011

I sent my resume to Keystrokes and am wondering how they are to work for?  Are their benefits any good? Thanks!

Should be lots and lots of posts in the archives. - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Some people love it and are very loyal to the company, but lots of people haven't had good experiences.

From my own experience it wasn't the worst company I have worked for (that was SS), but it was nothing special either. They lost my new hire paperwork 3 times. It took a long time to get up and running due to poor communication. I would get a call one day and then not hear from them for several days and I would call them.

Sent a letter that everyone, regardless of experience started at 8 cpl. My primary account was overflow and we would go a week without any work. Got a secondary that had about a 30 page how to list. Finally given an account that everyone loved "because it was so productive." Account was a Meditech account and you CAN NOT be productive with Meditech. Told I would be given a different account but never was so I gave my 2-week notice. They called me the last day of the 2 weeks and asked what they could do to make me stay.

Asked to work OT almost every week with no OT pay. If I wasn't working 10 minutes into my shift I would get a call and ask why I wasn't working. It was a rare occurence, but when I was working as much OT as I was I felt I could get by with starting 15 minutes late on occasion when something came up, which like I said was rare.

There is one person, "B" who is the only one that seemed to know anything about anything while I was there. I think she is a relative or something, but I know she doesn't get paid enough.

There is a lot of nepotism going on. If you play your cards right you could be someone's favorite, but you could also end up being the red-headed stepchild.

Like I said, wasn't the worst place I've ever worked, but I wouldn't work on a Meditech account again, I don't care what company it was. I think they are trying to get away from Meditech now and go to Chartscript (?).

Was this a while ago? It doesn't sound recent. sm - WA MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The reason I ask is because I was hired over a year ago for higher than 8 cpl and have not experienced any of those things.

I am on a Meditech account, but I like Meditech. I know that it is being changed in the next few months, as are most accounts. Keystrokes bought, or acquired, Chartnet a few months ago and are moving moving most accounts to that. I have worked for two other companies that use Chartnet and am happy to be moving to that as it was easy to use.

I am confused though, if someone can answer this question, I would appreciate it: If Keystrokes bought Chartnet, what about the other MTSOs that use it? Can they still use it? From what I read in a few magazines and on line, Keystrokes actually bought the company not just the program. Just curious.

That's why I needed new info - newMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually did a search for Keystrokes and there didn't seem to be any real recent messages about them. I talked to the recruiter and hopefully will hear from her today. After Spheris (I liked)and the MQ ( didn't like) takeover, I'm hoping to get into a company that I'll like. I am hoping for no Meditech tho, I used it briefly with Spheris and didn't really like it but at this point, I'll be happy with it.

Keystrokes - JP40

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Keystrokes and I love it. Of course, pay is not great, but it never is nowadays. I would recommend it - except for the hiring process, sometimes you have to call them if you don't hear anything.

I took the job - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
They finally offered a job and I took it. I can't be any worse than where I am now. I was hired as an MT for the current company and all I'm doing it editing. First time I've ever edited and I do not like it. My paycheck was horrible... not enough work and I'm dying here. I'm looking forward to typing again.

Similar Messages:

Keystrokes - Any Info
Nov 29, 2011

Does anyone have any info on Keystrokes benefits? Their ad mentions different platforms. Can you make your line counts? Is there plenty of work? How is their QA Department to work for? Is there decent pay? Is there schedule flexibility? ...

Looking For Any Info On Keystrokes
Jun 06, 2012

I am just looking for any info on Keystrokes.   Thank you ! ...

Keystrokes Info.
Feb 05, 2013

Hi, I have already read the posts of the cut in pay.  Other than that, how is Keystrokes as far as having work available, management, QA, etc.?  Thanks so much. ...

Any Info. On Keystrokes?
May 16, 2013

Any info. on Keystrokes? Thanks. ...

Keystrokes Info Please......looking For More Current
Apr 25, 2011

Have done an archive search but looking for more current info from people currently working or just stopped working at Keystrokes. What happened years ago really doesn't concern me because we all know how fast it changes in this business. Not trying to discount anyones opinion just want to make an informed decision based on current status of company. Pay on time? Meet quota? etc. ...

Any Recent Info On Keystrokes
Jan 18, 2012

Any recent info on Keystrokes, good or bad?  Thanks! ...

Current Info On Keystrokes Please?
Jan 23, 2012

Current info on Keystrokes please?  Do they provide computer, etc.  Thanks! ...

Keystrokes And Precyse Info Please
May 07, 2012

I was hoping someone who works for either of these 2 companies can please honestly tell me how these companies are and if they enjoy working there.  Any pros and cons you have is definitely appreciated.  Thanks in advance to any and all who reply to my post. ...

Info On Keystrokes For Radiology Work?
May 04, 2010

Just wondering if anyone had any info on Keystrokes for Radiology work?  Do they require a phone line along with a cable/DSL line? Do they allow you to use a laptop?  Any pros or cons about the company. Thanks for the input. ...

Can I Get Some Recent Info On Keystrokes, Please - Good Or Bad - Nm
Feb 17, 2011

x ...

Any Honest Current Info On Keystrokes?nm
May 10, 2011

x ...

Any Info On Keystrokes...the Good, The Bad, The Ugly?
Dec 03, 2013

Any recent info on Keystrokes would be appreciated! ...

Anone Work For Keystrokes Any Info?
Apr 06, 2014

Just looking for information. I have 6 years experience and only 1 mtso I have worked for the past 6 years so any info on best companies would be great! ...

Keystrokes, Diskriter Or Freedom Type, Any Info?
Dec 22, 2009

Need info on Freedom Type, Keystrokes or Diskriter.  I live in Okla and worked for a local service until recently. They downsized and cut the transcription dept. I now have a job with Medquist but can't get any work through them. Like most, I need a paycheck, not just a job title. I'm looking for a good company to work for who is honest and provides a work load that is not constantly running out. I've seen some good reviews on these 3 companies but any current info or opinion ...

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jan 10, 2010

Looking for information about Global Info Systems.  Can anyone telll me anythihng about them.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Have Info/work For Global Info In Texas???
Jul 04, 2012

Need to know any info ASAP on I think its called Global Info Systems or something like that out of Texas. Lots of clinic work, but low low line rate offered. Need to know about management, stability, VR reality, workload, response from tech support, etc. Also, are these clinics in India? Thanks for any help! ...

If You Can't Get Course Info Without Leaving Info So They Can Call/spam You
Sep 12, 2012

It isn't easy to get off some of the spam and phone call lists when you click for more information about some of these courses. I've found that for me, it isn't worth it to get that information if I am giving up my privacy. Some of these people are relentless! You can't get away from them once they get your information. There is one in particular that makes sure you hear from them every day in one form or another. They become your best friend, even if you weren't lookin ...

Any Info On GIS (Global Info Systems) Out Of TX? I
Jan 21, 2012

I applied for an MT position with them.  I don't see anything recent on the boards and wondered if they were a good company to work for.  TIA ...

Global Info Systems - Info?
Dec 13, 2012

I am testing with GIS this evening, does anyone have any information on this company. I am currently working with TTS, they do not even pay 4 CPL for editing. I feel like this business has become a legalized form of slavery. The only business where with over 10 years of experience, your pay goes down. ...

Keystrokes....
Nov 05, 2009

I know that there have been many negative posts concerning Keystrokes.  Is this Meditech platform that they use difficult to catch onto?  ...

Keystrokes 100% QA
Feb 15, 2010

I'm new to Keystrokes and just found out I barely didn't pass my very first audit to get off 100% QA.  Does anybody know how long they give you to get this 98% passing score before they fire you? ...

DD For Keystrokes?
Jul 01, 2010

I have given notice but including today have 2 checks coming.  To my surprise, the deposit is not in my account today. Has anyone else not gotten their DD from Keystrokes? ...

Keystrokes Help
Apr 27, 2010

I was wondering if anybody knew who I'd contact about trying to add secondary accounts to work on.  I've sent a couple of emails out but I'm not sure I sent them to the right people. ...

Keystrokes Job
May 28, 2010

Read the job opening for Keystrokes and also talked with the recruiter.  Can anybody here who works(ed) for and Keystrokes give real, hands-on experience for working for them?  I've had many instances where how it really is isn't how the recruiter said it would be and don't want to get burned again.   I'd really like to know the good and bad about the company upfront before I decide whether or not to accept the job.  Please don't ...

Keystrokes And VR?
Aug 27, 2010

Does anyone know if Keystrokes uses VR?  I am working with VR at the currently company I am working for and I don't like it.  I'm considering applying with Keystrokes.  ...

KEYSTROKES AGAIN!!
Jun 18, 2011

Seems some companies just do not learn after being sued for unpaid overtime.  Here is another one filed on June 2, 2011 - Whitaker v Keystrokes Transcription - here is the link http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/illinois/ilndce/1:2011cv03734/256349/1/     ...

Over 90,000 Keystrokes
Nov 10, 2010

and QA dings me for one.  Unbelievable.  That's what it averages for 1400 lines a day full-time.  Even with 3 cups of coffee and an office chair seat belt, it's no easy feat.  Ninety-thousand keystrokes PER DAY.  That's not including the ADT, the Internet look-ups, etc.  Throw me a bone here, QA. How many keystrokes to you do, PERFECTLY?? ...

OSI And Keystrokes
Jan 17, 2011

Just wondering about OSI and Keystrokes.  I recently have applied to both of these and looks like I could be hired by either one (have already done the testing).  Could anyway tell me how they are to work for.  Do they do voice recognition? And anyone know their pay rates? ...

Keystrokes W-2's
Jan 21, 2011

Has anyone from KS heard yet when they will be mailing out the W-2's?  ...