A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keystrokes info please......looking for more current - job looking

Posted: Apr 25, 2011

Have done an archive search but looking for more current info from people currently working or just stopped working at Keystrokes. What happened years ago really doesn't concern me because we all know how fast it changes in this business. Not trying to discount anyones opinion just want to make an informed decision based on current status of company. Pay on time? Meet quota? etc.

KS info - Archive search

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have done an archive search you would have found a long thread on them from just a 2-3 weeks ago.

Keystrokes - PAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Well their ad says 200+ lines an hour so you had better hope the account you get is decent because 200+ lines an hour to keep benefits is a lot of scrambling if you get all ESLs. They dont say if this is VR so who knows.

archives - just looking

[ In Reply To ..]
didn't see the long thread because when you search archives it is all mixed up. Doesn't flow in date order. That would be too easy.

KS threads - looking

[ In Reply To ..]
The thread is no longer there. Many unhappy MT's, no work, late pay, unresponsive management, etc. Ad says care about employees, I don't agree.

Check archives April 3 - Keystrokes good company gone bad

[ In Reply To ..]

KS - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
All I can say is be prepared to know the platform right off the bat. They do not like to train.

I enjoyed being there very much. Had to leave for family medical reasons. - (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
I was making 9 cpl and did actual transcription, not VR editing.

Although I rarely heard from my actual manager, my QA/Production Coordinator was on IM while I worked (or whomever was covering for her).

My pay was on time. I was able to meet and surpass their line count requirements easily when I left.

I was not able to stay more than 7 months because of my family situation which made me have to just quit working altogether for a while. I was hitting 240-260 LPH when I left.

I found everyone very nice, professional, and they were more than flexible with me. When I started needing to change my schedule they worked with me. I can personally say they never denied me once when I would ask to change my schedule. I ALWAYS offered at least one schedule to make it up that very week, though.

Hated to have to let go of a good job in this economy.

:(

what time frame - just looking

[ In Reply To ..]
when did you work there?

I just left 5 weeks ago. - (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

One of the best out there - My experience.

[ In Reply To ..]
I've worked for a lot of companies, and KS is the best to date. I'm betting on them long term, too. They are up front to us about what is happening and they are willing to talk to us and count our opinions. I have been there 1+ year/s now, and though something occasionally might make me mad and my victim ideation kicks in, I still think they are one of the best out there.

I worked there last year for a while. I did - Former employee

[ In Reply To ..]
not rate my experience as good. And sure was not offered 9 cents even though the account was almost all ESL. QA was conflicting on the account specifics and they several times sent me other MTs QA reports. Pay was way too low for that account. And I understand it has even gone lower. I have read several times their pay was late. That never happened while I was there. Communication was just basically their standard form letters. Their insurance is very expensive but show me one MTSO that isn't. Overall, no worse than some but there are better.

None of which is true now. - They have taken care of those problems.

[ In Reply To ..]
The entire company is being overhauled to be more MT friendly, and so far I like what I see.
Are you speaking for all MTs at KS - Cuz I have not seen it.
[ In Reply To ..]
If you haven't you will. nm - KSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I agree... - anotherhappyKSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been at Keystrokes for 4-1/2 years and I think it is a great company.

Keystrokes - NCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was offered a position doing Radiology transcription for them. I was dissappointed with the pay they offered. When paid per report the last time I made about $1.50. They were only offering $1.00. I didn't see the need to go backwards in pay, when I already have a job. Its not the best job, but it pays 9 cpl. Which by the way they pay Acute Care MTs!!!! How can they pay Acute Care MTs so well and screw over their Rad MTs??? Well, that's my take on Keystrokes. I would have given them a chance if they paid better.

rad v acute care - LMJ

[ In Reply To ..]
If you're a tried and true rad MT, you're job is easy. This is why it doesn't pay as well as acute care. Rad is so much repetition that 90% of it can be short-cut. The vocab is limited, and any MT worth her Rad salt can do the job w/o thinking most of the time.

Other salaries have gone backwards (acute care used to pay 10-12 cpl) so why shouldn't rad?

I am at $1.10 per report and and make more money each check than friends in acute care for them. sm - respectfully disagree

[ In Reply To ..]
I hate to post here because it always leads to people saying I'm a suit, which I am not, or that I'm lying, but I make great money there on radiology. I don't have the best account, but I still make over $60,000 per year. The account was great until a new rad group took over. Now we have constant OT and longer reports and while I do not like most of the new group, my pay has been steady since I got used to them.

not paying as well - LMJ
[ In Reply To ..]
I meant "per piece" as that's how the OP had stated her decision not to take a job with KS.

I rock on radiology so I hear ya on the $60k. And it's a whole lot easier to make that $60k than it is doing acute care (whose actual per piece rate may be higher).
Does the $60K include OT? - justawonderingMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Just doing simple math--at $1.10 a report on $60K is over 54,000 reports. You can type 54,000 reports a year!!! That's amazing. How do you do it. I typed 28,000 in a year but my rate at another company was higher. If you do that yearly, that is truly great.
I do some OT but I do work just about every holiday. sm - respectfully disagree
[ In Reply To ..]
I have a very busy account and I do right around 160 reports a day, 5 days a week. I have to push to do that, but I compete with myself all day. How many others do that?
I had a goal also--- - justawonderingMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked 5 days and almost consistent with 125 to 130 a day, but some days I did a little more. Then the reports on the system became less and less and account was terminated due to VR.But I never made that much in $$$ as you stated above. Good luck if you keep that up :)

Really Hates It When.... - NCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Acute Care MTs start spouting that, "Rad MTs don't have to work as hard" crap. Especially hate it because it puts up a divide, and the last thing we need is to feel divided.

Rad MT - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm a rad MT but I'm also an acute care and multispecialty MT so I am able to do it all. Hope you're speaking from experience. Personally I don't find radiology transcription all that easy. They expect 1-2 hour turnaround and you're always under the gun. It is repetitive and that can lead to burnout. If it were so easy, everyone would want to learn it.

assumption - lmj

[ In Reply To ..]
Why do you think I'm an acute care MT?
I've actually done both for a very long time. And it's not divisive to state that doing radiology is way easier than it is to do acute care. It just is. There's a reason radiology has seen standardization much more than any other specialty.

Run - Unhappy MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Run, run away from K/S. The problems with pay have been fixed, yes. There are a lot of promises that are made, and are not followed through with. Many, many, many unhappy people in the company. That being said, this is a tough business these days. My advice, look elsewhere first. K/S is always hiring.

They are always hiring because they always get new accounts. sm - respectfully disagree

[ In Reply To ..]
There are always new accounts at Keystrokes, and I have never seen any leave. I do not know them all but I do know of many that have been around for years and years.

When I started, there were about 100 MT's. Now I heard that there were over 600.

I am very happy, for the most part, on the account I have, but a few of my friends have gone on new accounts that just stsrted and they like them too.

I "talk" via email and AIM with about 20 different KS MT's on a regular basis; I was a lead but not any longer. I prefer just to type and not have to answer calls, but I keep in touch with many of the girls that I supervised. It's a good group at KS, even though obviously not for everyone.

Disagree - Some have left

[ In Reply To ..]
KS lost a huge account to Superior, and this I know for a fact. I was asked to be the liaison between the hospitals and Superior but turned it down, not enough money in it. Not 600 MT's, e-mail said 400, and again I don't know if that is true, but with all the over staffing, it could be true. Haven't seen any changes yet. Still waiting.
How long ago was that? I don't know of any accounts lost in the last few years in radiology. - KS Rad Lead
[ In Reply To ..]
The number of employees at Keystrokes is almost 700; I just called and asked a manager. She also said that 40 or so of those came with the purchase of MTS and that there are 2 or 3 more purchases coming up. I like that the company I work for is growing, not going downhill like so many others I have worked for in the past.

In total agreement - I wish I had a dollar for every promise made...

[ In Reply To ..]
The pay issue may be fixed for now, I am not holding my breath, I have been through this before many times.

Similar Messages:

Current Info On Keystrokes Please?
Jan 23, 2012

Current info on Keystrokes please?  Do they provide computer, etc.  Thanks! ...

Any Honest Current Info On Keystrokes?nm
May 10, 2011

x ...

Keystrokes - Current Employees
Dec 30, 2012

Has anyone received their "follow-up call" yet to the survey the employees were asked to fill out over four months ago now?  We were again assured about a month ago that this would be made a top priority.    Also, is anyone else typing on a radiology account right now at the $1/report rate?  Just curious if anyone would be willing to share on average how many reports they are typing in a pay period at this rate. ...

Keystrokes - Any Current Opinions?
May 12, 2014

Thinking of applying... any current opinions? I'd appreciate both good and not so good feedback :) ...

Current Keystrokes Employees
Oct 01, 2014

Keystrokes had an ad on 9/25 and was wondering how they are to work for.  The recent posts are talking about not getting paid on time, etc.  Any feedback would be very much appreciated.  Any happy MTs working for this company? Account is straight typing for pediatric hospital.  What is pay for straight typing and do they pay for spaces?  Also any comments on benefits.  Thank you very much. ...

Keystrokes - I Would Like To Hear From Current Employees Please
Mar 02, 2015

New jobs posted today. I would appreciate any information. Thanks! ...

Keystrokes Recent Employees - Past And Current
Mar 29, 2011

If anyone who recently worked for Keystrokes or still works for them who worked overtime without getting paid for it, please let me know. Thanks. ...

Any Current Employees At Keystrokes Care To Comment
Oct 24, 2012

Any current employees at Keystrokes care to comment on how things are there these days?  ...

DTI - Any Current Info
Aug 27, 2011

Any current info on this company please? ...

Anyone With Current Info On K&R? S/m
Jul 21, 2012

See they are hiring but would appreciate any info first.  I've already jumped too quick into a company that sucks.  Thanks ! ...

Current Info On DTS-OK Please.
Aug 30, 2012

Before applying would appreciate info, the good, the bad and the ugly.  Thank you! ...

Any Current Info On TTS
Apr 23, 2013

Any current info on TTS such as line rate, flexibility, plenty of work, platform and what the accounts are like? Easy to make lines? Also wondering if they offer shift differential for 2nd shift.  Thanks in advance. ...

Is There Anyone With Any Current Info On TTS. Nm
Nov 17, 2013

nm ...

Current Info On ZNF
Dec 10, 2014

wondering if anybody currently transcribes radiology for ZNF and how it is going.  How do they pay by report or line and is it decent?  thanks in advance.  ...

Any Current Info On Med-Scribe, NJ?
Mar 01, 2010

Any current or recent MTs who work for this company in NJ have any info to share?  Are all their accounts now voice rec?  Plenty of work or still sporadic?  Have they added tech support for nights and weekends?  Thanks.  ...

Transolutions....any Current Info
May 08, 2010

Does anyone have any current information on Transolutions?  I checked the archives and I could only find posts from 2007.  Thanks! ...

Transolutions, Inc - Any Current Info?
Jun 26, 2010

Does anyone have any current info on this company?  I searched the archives but found only old posts.  Thanks in advance for your reply! ...

Any Current Info On Heartland?
Jul 24, 2010

Home office in Toledo, branches in India? What is it like for their American staff? Thanks! ...

Any Current Info On Archivus???
Jun 22, 2011

The usual...steady workload, reasonable pay, management treat MTs with respect, etc.  I haven't seen much info recently.  Any info appreciated! ...

Current Info On ETransPlus?
Sep 21, 2010

Is there enough work during 3rd shift? Is the platform easy to use and easy to get your lines in with? How is the health insurance? I saw the premiums for the different levels but didn't see what type of coverage this is (deductible, copays, etc.). I'm a bit worried that your benefits hinge on getting your required lines in each pay period.  I can see where this would be a problem if there was a shortage of work (the situation at my current job). Any thoughts would be appreci ...

Any Current Info Transportal?
Oct 05, 2010

Any current into on this company?  (Good or bad??)  Thanks for any insight! ...

Breitner - Any Current Info?
Mar 01, 2011

Just got an email that I passed the test.  Anyone have current info on them, do they have work, etc?  Thanks! ...

Any Current Info On Cardioscribes
Mar 11, 2011

Any current info on Cardioscribes.  Considering a position with them.  Consistent work, flexible, etc? ...

Any Current Info On Transolutions?
May 06, 2011

Hi.  Does anyone have any current info on Transolutions?  I've been offered a position with them, and just want to find out as much as I can before I accept.  Thanks!  ...

Zylomed Current Info - ESL?
May 22, 2011

I'm wondering if anyone has current info on Zylomed?  Is it mostly ESL?  Thinking of applying there.  Any info helpful.  Thanks! ...

Current Info On DTSOK?
May 25, 2011

. ...

Need Current Info On Inscribe LLC
Jun 02, 2011

I was considering testing with them and was wondering how they are as a company, what they pay, etc.   Positives and negatives?  Thanks!  I have seen older posts but nothing current (unless I just completely missed it).  ...

Looking For Current Info On Oracle
Jun 07, 2011

Looking for current info on Oracle.  Pros, cons, etc.  I did search archives and found nothing.  Thank you for your time. ...

Current Transolutions Info?
Jul 07, 2011

Hi, I'm looking at Transolutions and haven't seen a lot of current info on the boards about them. Wondering about the quality of the SR and editing. Also, I noticed that they were bought by Accentus and was wondering if there were any changes down the pipeline to be aware of, or are they pretty stable right now? Would be particularly interested in any former WMXer's opinions who might have made the move. :) Replies by e-mail are okay if you don't want to be too public. Tha ...

Current Info About Saince?
Oct 11, 2011

Does anyone have any current info about Saince?  Can only find older posts. ...