A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Imedx and upcoming Town Hall meeting - curious

Posted: May 10, 2015

I am curious what other MTs at Imedx think about the upcoming Town Hall meeting at Imedx.  I feel it is another effort, just like the employee suggestion program, to try to put a pretty face on a very ugly, dirty company.  I think Imedx perhaps made a mistake when they bought out TranTech, a good-sized company with many long-time, good, intelligent MTs who were used to being treated with respect. We simply are not going to sit idly by when treated like crap and not put up a fuss. 

I can't help but feel that karma is biting Imedx in the butt at the moment, and they are scrambling.  Their attempts at salvage are starting to feel desperate.  But then again, maybe this is just my perception. 

Imedx, we see you for what you are, and putting on a face full of make-up is not going to change the horror of what is underneath. 

Yep - AutismMommy

[ In Reply To ..]
They act like we're too stupid to figure out what they're really doing. Guess what, ImedX? We're not!

Yep - declasse

[ In Reply To ..]
EXACTLY!!! Someone is forgetting we are US MTs!! Our intelligence is still there, no matter who we work for! LOL

I really feel you hit the nail on the head here. - TT was the best of the best.

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe the TT group of MTs will make Imedx a better company?

I would love for Imedx to turn it around and show the rest of the industry how to treat its good, solid MTs right and make it THE place to work, where MTs would kill to get their foot in the door there, willing to work as a team again and put in extra hours at tough times b/c the MTs were confident Imedx would compensate generously for lines the MTs covered, any extra work they put in.

What a dream company Imedx COULD be if they would just take the lead. That kind of reputation COULD bring in new healthcare accounts all on its own.

Not going to hold my breath on this one. - TTer

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Hey! - A girl can wish! LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe it was a moment of delirium? I just look at Google and Zappos and some of those innovative companies, and people are breaking down the doors to work for them b/c of the great way they treat employees.

Hey, it was worth a shot! :D

I will definitely listen in to see what - they have to say

[ In Reply To ..]
but unless they're talking about making changes to help benefit US, who cares? The "changes" they've implementing are of more benefit to them than us. Until they start talking about compensating me for what I offer to the company (in wages, incentives, and all the extras that I have to do to give them good report drafts), then I'm still feeling taken advantage of, which is why I don't go above and beyond like I used to do. I want to be able have a life, and if they want to intrude on that life, I want to be compensated fairly for it. It doesn't make sense that I make less now than when I first entered the field 9 years ago, so I can only imagine how others who have spent the majority of their lives in this industry are feeling about being devalued and taken advantage of.

I'll be there - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I have plans for that day, but I'll take a break for this meeting & see what happens. Hopefully, it'll be worth it.

I'll be there - declasse

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't count on it being "worth it," dear! :(

IMEDX town hall meeting - leftout

[ In Reply To ..]
When is this meeting? I work for IMedX and did not get any info on this meeting????

You can find the info in - Exponent

[ In Reply To ..]
on the home page under surveys.

Town Hall meeting - POSTPONED.. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

IMEDX Town Hall Meeting
May 13, 2015

Was it cancelled? How do we log in for the meeting? ...

Just Got Link To Town Hall Meeting
Mar 09, 2012

and we get paid to listen to it?  That's different. ...

Town Hall Meeting - Not To Participate
Nov 08, 2012

I guarantee you I won't be one of the "chosen few" to participate with questions in this town hall meeting next week, I cause too much trouble by sending e-mails throughout the year to Vern and Amy, never to any avail.  I just hope whoever they DO pick will ask some tough questions.  Of course, I'm sure MModal will pick and choose what they answer so they don't look like the conniving thieves they really are. ...

Town Hall Meeting Clarification
Aug 20, 2013

Blah! Blah! Blah! Please clarify something that stood out for me.  ". . . beginning of 2012 pay rates increased 6.6% and beginning 2013, 3.4%." For who?  Surely, not for me.  My pay has decreased substantially in the the last 3 years with more time spent editing each day. HMMMMM.   ...

Dear Mmodal: Your Town Hall Meeting Was
Aug 10, 2012

Insulting to every MT working for your company. But hey, thanks V. D., for paying me $5.53 to listen to you blabbering about how awesome your team is... the part of your team that makes a bunch of money anyway, while basically ignoring those of us who do the work that give you and your team your nice fat paychecks. I mean, a lot of MT's are struggling to feed their families, but I'm sure glad you are getting that new "state of the art" building for the suits to sit in.  And ...

Town Hall Meeting - Give Me The Reader's Digest Version?
Aug 08, 2012

can someone just give me the reader's digest version? ...

Town Hall Notes
Feb 03, 2012

Does anyone have any ideas where I could find samples of town hall notes to get some idea as to how to set the page up?  I did a search and really did not come up with anything.  thanks to all with any ideas, I appreciate them very much!!!! ...

TOWN HALL WEBCAST
Nov 22, 2013

Does anyone know if we get paid to watch this one hour town hall webcast? ...

Mercedes Town Hall--What Did You Think?
Sep 09, 2014

I listened to the Mercedes town hall. What did you think? They did say VBC was coming. Does this sound like Bayscribe to you? They said VBC was coming, but rate of pay would not change. I wonder how that will work. They promised nothing would change as of October 1. I wonder what it will be like on January 1. ...

? Re Transcend Town Hall Meetings Yesterday
Apr 06, 2012

I called in to the 3pm town hall meeting yesterday but the audio was so bad (echoing/clangy-sounding) that I was forced to hang up or risk having my eardrums rupture!  Can anybody fill me in on what was discussed?  Were most people displeased with the forced changes and what's about to go down VR-wise (as I am)?  Any earth-shattering announcements or new info?  I hope somebody can fill me in since I'm too impati ...

Where Exactly On The MLS Website Are The Frequently Asked Questions From The Town Hall Meetings?
Dec 28, 2010

x ...

If Anyone Is Going To Join The "Town Hall" Conference Call With Mercedes
Sep 09, 2014

I hope they will share what is said.  I would love to just be a "fly on the wall."  ...

Cant See Upcoming Jobs
Oct 24, 2009

Does anyone know why sometimes you can't see the upcoming jobs at the top on DQS?  I almost thought that I was going to get NJA lol.... but no... we have loads of work from what I am told.  But it is weird that it isn't showing the job next up. ...

Upcoming Holidays
Sep 27, 2013

Becoming a little/lot concerned.  Realizing that we wiill have low work.  Don't have much PTO built up because of having to use it for prior NJA.  Wondering what will happen.  I think a lot of us are in this same boat.  We don't have much or none at alll built up and there will be little to no work.  ARGH!!!!!!  Another layer of stress. ...

Questions Regarding Upcoming Interview And Need Help Please
Mar 09, 2010

I have an upcoming interview with a company and I have been not working for about a year now and was wondering if someone could give me some info on what I should be asking.  It is for part-time so no benefits.  What would be ideal right now.  I know things have changed dramatically in the MT world from what I have been reading on the posts, so what is a good rate per line and should lines include spaces and headers, etc.  Anything help would be grealy appreciated.   T ...

Wmx/Nuance Upcoming Rate Changes
Nov 05, 2011

Shall we make our guesses?  Wonder if the new pay scale will be an across the board percentage reduction in rates or will everyone be moved to the bottom rate of 8 and 4?  What about the people recently hired who make 8 and 4?  Will they go even lower? My personal opinion (pure speculation on my part) is they might just reduce all shift differentials and perhaps jack with the incentive plan some more.  I know they were going to roll out this new pay scale soon, but the anti ...

Upcoming Changes -- Funny Thought
Oct 29, 2014

I know, I must be in beginning stages of dementia, but... What if the changes were not all bad?  Considering they are having to have sign on bonuses to get new hires and I understand current employees are still dropping like flies maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  This new quality stuff I am not sure about, but can it be worse than Fiesa? ...

Our Company's Intentions For The Upcoming Year.
Sep 10, 2012

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/10-q-mmodal-inc-2012-08-08   We increased our offshore production volumes from 42% for the three months ended June 30, 2011 to 47% for the three months ended June 30, 2012. We also increased our use of ASR technology from 74% to 77% during the same period. We increased our offshore production volumes from 42% for the six months ended June 30, 2011 to 48% for the six months ended June 30, 2012. We also increased our use of ASR technology from 73% to 7 ...

Any Current Info On Transolutions? Upcoming Interview
Sep 01, 2010

I have an interview with Transolutions tomorrow. I applied for their STAR team and am curious about types of accounts, flexibility of work schedule, general info like that. I've already received the PDF on their compensation schedule and insurance benefits, so I have an idea what they pay. Just curious what they expect for the line counts they offer, what management is like, do they follow BOS, etc. Any and all comments welcomed, although I've mostly seen the negatives in the archives ...

OMFS - Hall Drill With A 7 To 1 Bur
Apr 27, 2015

anyone know how to correctly "write" 7 to 1 bur?   Is it 721 bur?  7:1 bur?  7 to 1?   A Hall drill with a "7 to 1" bur was used to make osteotomies around the plates as well as to section the plates. ...

Medical Coding In A Small Town
Jul 22, 2011

I am considering medical coding training and would like some recommendations for good programs. Also, I live in a town of about 15,000. We have a small hospital that is on the verge of closing due to $$ problems so I wouldn't count on getting a job there. The next closest hospital is 50 miles away. Could I make enough $$ to make up for the commute I would have to do every day? ...

Any Town/place That Sounds Like Heedee
Jan 15, 2014

The sentence is "the patient had recent travel to **** but only stayed there one day"   S/L heedee ...

Imedx And Moderator At MT Stars, Plz Ignore All Employees/posters Of Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

Moderator, please delete everything on your site that refers to Imedx, even this post of mine, it is only the right thing to do. I prefer to be angry and have no where to vent. Last week we were told by Op Mgr that "she has a call into the client about why volume is so low." Yesterday, we got a "yippee" from "her" about having a coupla hundred jobs ready. This morning, we got an email saying, "we need to make sure you have backup accounts now." I wont address the timesheet issue, I am still ...

If It Looks Like IMEDX, Talks Like IMEDX, It Is IMEDX
Feb 28, 2015

No one on this board seems to give specifics when they get canned from IMEDX. So my question is this: Can each person who got laid off/fired let us know more details. Were you PT or full time, did they call or did they email, did you have options, or just firing. How many lines did you do per day. Some of us may not be in your situation and you may have been just an employee that was not worth IMEDX's time and they got rid of you while they may keep all the others, or full timers. Details p ...

Lumbar Spine MRI "short Town Version" Recovery??
Oct 03, 2014

An MRI of the lumbar spine was performed demonstrating an acute L2 compression deformity seen on positive s/l "short town version" recovery.   ??? Any ideas? ...

Wow! Since The Meeting With Amy?
Oct 18, 2012

For 2 days now.  Yep...  out of turn around time for over 2 days.  There is overtime for these accounts,  but it seems NO ONE IS WORKING.  These accounts have never been out of turn around time.  ...

So Regarding This Meeting
Dec 11, 2012

All the build up and fussing for basically no reason? ...

Team Meeting
Feb 25, 2010

Just got email about a "team meeting" next week.  I wonder what it's about?  I don't remembering ever having one of these before in my area.  Maybe we're all going to be told we have to work nights now or our jobs are going 100% outsourced, or maybe we're going to get some actual steady work with the Spheris buy.  ...

Am I The Only One Who Hasn't Had A Meeting Yet About All The New Changes? Nm
Mar 05, 2010

nm ...

Acusis Meeting
Nov 02, 2010

Well now, don't all we US MTs at Acusis feel better after our quarterly meeting? After being informed of all the new accounts signed on, we are told that, of course, they are going to India. But this quote they left us with should soothe us. "In times of great change the learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves uniquely equipped to operate in a world that no longer exists." KMA! ...