A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wmx/Nuance upcoming rate changes - nn

Posted: Nov 05, 2011

Shall we make our guesses?  Wonder if the new pay scale will be an across the board percentage reduction in rates or will everyone be moved to the bottom rate of 8 and 4?  What about the people recently hired who make 8 and 4?  Will they go even lower?

My personal opinion (pure speculation on my part) is they might just reduce all shift differentials and perhaps jack with the incentive plan some more. 

I know they were going to roll out this new pay scale soon, but the anticipation of what may be is killing me and I know I am not alone.

Opinions welcome.

Webmedx/Nuance rate changes - AnnieOakley

[ In Reply To ..]
We are still waiting for the "VR engine" to relearn, and footpedal problems and a myriad of other problems that slow our production to be fixed, so that we can produce the lines we used to. I have having to work 50 hours a week to make what I used to in 40. So if under the new regime, "full time is 30 hours," does that mean that they do not have to pay us overtime if it takes over that to meet our minimum requirement? Our minimum now is 1300 a day. Some days I get almost totally straight typing and it may take 9-1/2 hours to make 1000 lines. So if we get a pay cut to 8 and 4, OMG. The worst part if that the company is so big now, we don't get any communication except from the puppets, usually women, they choose to tell us the bad news. If we ask questions with emails, most of the time they are not even answered. So where is the company morale, the company spirit? I am an employee who always steps up to the plate when needed for OT, and have been doing so for 10 years. There is no team spirit anymore. It died along with my soul.

Emails not answered? Then keep sending, keep sending etc - Soon, easier to answer emails than ignore them. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

MQ Employer of Year compared to Nuance! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, MQ is a horrible MTSO, but when compared to Nuance, MQ is the Employer of the Year! Nuance, with their "fabulous" VR technology, has done more to harm the cause of healthcare documentation in this country than any other organization. I wish the Dept of Justice (and Dept of Labor) would do a thorough investigation!

whatever... - totally not employer of the year

[ In Reply To ..]
MQ just did a pay cut to "level the playing field," the benefits suck, and the VR sucks worse! Do you have to correct every other word? There is not a line in my reports where I dont have to change at least 3 things. I have been doing the VR at the Q for 6 years, it has not learned anything and has gotten 80% worse.
? Level playing field - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Could you tell us how they did the leveling? I think we are about to undergo something like that. Seems like MQ figures a way to screw the employees and everyone else says "If they can do it we can too. What can the employees do if we all do it?" -- or so it seems to me.

pay cut - LividMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I received a 10% pay cut earlier this year when OSi was completely acquired by Nuance (you're lucky it did not happen to you sooner than Nov). Somehow in their eyes this was "fair" as they said they calculated the 3 large companies they took over and came up with this number/pay rate. I have been in the profession for over 14 years and the pay just keeps going down, more of the work goes offshore making the workload for US MTs less and less, and now Nuance is sending US MTs work offshore for QA. Now how's that one??

pay cuts, pay rates - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
We have to stop trying to fix the MT companies we work for. They have already written us off as any kind of investment in their company. The reality is that speech recognition is going to happen. There are huge financial and legal incentives to switch to EHR/VR, and the smaller practices are being bought out by the big chains. Regular MT jobs will all be gone in 10 years. If you are close to retirement, or only working to make a little, you have no worries. If, like me, you plan on working for another 20 years or so, bite the bullet and start looking for a job where you can implement the skills you already have. Or go to school. Right now the MT companies are trying to stay afloat by cutting costs, and the MTs are the first to go. I've been doing this full time for 12 years, so I'm in the same boat. My company started enforcing the required line count, and has now cut off benefits for all who cannot make the required count each pay period. In conjunction with this, they have ENFORCED abbreviations that not only are non-standard, like the degree symbol instead of "degrees of motion", it's now the degree sign, abbreviations of headers, abbreviations of procedures, etc. They have abbreviated so many terms that it actually has cost many of us to lose our benefits, because with all the abbreviations our line counts are cut drastically. (They did this because the client complained of the costs, so to keep the client they screwed the MTs.) I've worked there for 6 years, and in that time I have only received one raise when I got my CMT credentials, and that was about a year after I started working there. NO raises, in 5 years. When I was first hired there I was told outright that I was on the track for promotion to QA, then I had a baby, and suddenly, when I no longer could work 7 days a week any time they needed me, I was told "being in QA is not right for me". This past week we were sent a company-wide email that the company has expanded and it now does all transcription, not just medical. Needless to say, since I lost my benefits, being paid chicken feed, I lost any trace of loyalty or respect for my employer. After I lost my benefits because I could not make line count, I lost any motivation for my job. I now work as much as I have time for while caring for my daughter and looking, looking, looking for a new job, NOT as an MT. For some strange reason (:) they are having trouble finding people to work for them, (insert snide remark here) so we are so backlogged with work that we have been told to send work straight to the doctors with blanks in them, to NOT send to QA unless there is more than one blank. I have been ORDERED not to email QA with questions, they "do not have time to answer emails". So at least once a day I send blanks to a doctor, and I have stopped learning, which was one of the joys of my job.

So I'm not progressing in pay grade, not progressing in job position, and not progressing in my career by learning from QA responses. My supervisor has emailed me that she "is not happy with my production". I told her she gets what she pays for. I'm getting paid the same as 6 years ago, so I turn in about the same moneyed-equivalent of lines. I am a glass-half-full person, so I do have one good thing to say, and that's now that they have taken my health insurance (and my daughter's), they no longer have a club hanging over my head. Before, when I was barely making mhy line count, working literally (really!) 7 days a week, all day and at night when my kid is asleep, I would be typing and sometimes crying while I work, I was so freaked I would lose my benefits. My kid was alone because I worked all the time, she just had to sit and watch TV, and I was missing being a good mom to her. It was awful. Then they yanked my benefits. They have told me they will never promote me, and I will never get a raise. So guess what? I cashed in my retirement fund and am working when I damn well feel like it. Oh, the doctor with the accent is behind? Oh my, I wish I could help, but my daughter wants to have a tea party in the living room, and I actually make progress by spending time with her, so sorry, I will not work weekends or nights anymore. What are they gonna do, take away my health insurance? Oh, right, they already did that. Now they have nothing with which to threaten me. Besides, if they really needed me to work more or work better, if it was that important they would pay more. They obviously do not think my work is that important, so why should I?

This is happening to everyone, guys, not just me. We all need to look elsewhere. If I could go back to school I would, but as a single mom I cannot. So I'm learning as much about SR, EHR, EVERYTHING about how the new stuff works. Look to the future, everyone, face it, or it will bite you in the end.

Reading this really makes me sad.... Sm - Old Woman

[ In Reply To ..]
It is terrible what you have been through and all while trying to raise your child. You said you cannot go back to school as a single mom. Right now is the time for you to do just that. There are so many grants available to single parents to return to school tht it isn't funny. You can even get grants to cover your childcare expense if you have no one available to take of your child while you attend school. Check with your local colleges, community colleges, and be sure to check with your state workforce division. I know here in Texas that single moms can even get vouchers for gas money and food (probably fast food coupons) while they are attending school. Please, PLEASE check out all your options before you throw in the hat. You obviously are a strong young woman and you can do whatever you set your mind to do. God bless you.

No, it isn't happening to everyone, but it is happening at some companies and to some MTs - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

OT Rate Nuance
Sep 12, 2012

On looking at my pay stub, it looks like the OT rate is not time and a half, is this correct or am I reading this wrong?  Thanks. ...

What Is The Nuance VR Rate?
Dec 11, 2012

x ...

Nuance - Rate Of Pay
Nov 10, 2014

Hello - I am a long time salary employee for an orthopedic group that is laying off all inhouse transcriptionists and outsourcing to Nuance.  Does anybody know the production line rate of pay offered by Nuance?  ...

Does Nuance Pay Hourly Rate?
Feb 10, 2012

I've seen several posts mentioning this.  I'd probably make more money hourly than this 4 cpl editing I have to do.  ...

Nuance Line Rate
May 28, 2013

I'm new to this board but have been working as an MT for many years in a rather unusual pay structure. I started out years ago with Medquist at something like 8 or 9 cents a line I think. I'd love to know what the going line rate is now as far as working for Nuance? TIA ...

Nuance Line Rate?
Jun 19, 2014

With 14 years' experience, what would the average line rate be for Nuance? Are QA paid line rate or hourly? ...

Can Someone Tell Me Current Line Rate For Nuance??
Nov 22, 2012

Just wondering what the current cpl for editing and transcribing is for Nuance.  I know what I make with Transcend and would like to keep it that way.  Hubby is out of work and I cannot afford a pay cut of any kind.  Peanut butter and jelly - it's what's for dinner!!!! :( ...

Average Line Rate At Nuance (sm)
Dec 20, 2012

With our new line rate starting Saturday, if we do over 12,500 lines we get increase of 2 cpl, means 2500 lines a day or about 320 lines an hour.  Do many of you do this many lines an hour now? ...

Hourly Rate For Editors At Nuance
Mar 05, 2013

Anyone know what the hourly rate is for editors at Nuance?  I don't want to waste time applying if not good.  Do you run out of work there?  ...

What's The Starting Hourly Rate For QA At Nuance?
Apr 16, 2014

x ...

Anyone Know Nuance Editor Pay Rate? Work Steady?
Jan 31, 2011

x ...

WMX/Nuance Insurance DOUBLE Rate For Zip Code!!
Nov 14, 2011

OMGGGG!!!  Already in shock at the high insurance rates, wondering how anyone could afford them with the high deductibles and co-pays, and got an e-mail that my zip code is out of their area and so my rates would be DOUBLE!!! For the same stinking high deductible and high co-pay plan???  My entire pay would not cover the insurance!!  Anyone else get such an e-mail, and what the heck are you going to do??  I am not in a "rural" area and am within 30 minutes of major medical ce ...

What Is Nuance's Standard Cpl Rate For Straight Typing?
Nov 20, 2012

x ...

QC Editor Position At Nuance Hourly Rate
Aug 15, 2014

The Nuance QCs are paid hourly, anybody have an idea what the range is? ...

Cant See Upcoming Jobs
Oct 24, 2009

Does anyone know why sometimes you can't see the upcoming jobs at the top on DQS?  I almost thought that I was going to get NJA lol.... but no... we have loads of work from what I am told.  But it is weird that it isn't showing the job next up. ...

Upcoming Holidays
Sep 27, 2013

Becoming a little/lot concerned.  Realizing that we wiill have low work.  Don't have much PTO built up because of having to use it for prior NJA.  Wondering what will happen.  I think a lot of us are in this same boat.  We don't have much or none at alll built up and there will be little to no work.  ARGH!!!!!!  Another layer of stress. ...

Questions Regarding Upcoming Interview And Need Help Please
Mar 09, 2010

I have an upcoming interview with a company and I have been not working for about a year now and was wondering if someone could give me some info on what I should be asking.  It is for part-time so no benefits.  What would be ideal right now.  I know things have changed dramatically in the MT world from what I have been reading on the posts, so what is a good rate per line and should lines include spaces and headers, etc.  Anything help would be grealy appreciated.   T ...

Upcoming Changes -- Funny Thought
Oct 29, 2014

I know, I must be in beginning stages of dementia, but... What if the changes were not all bad?  Considering they are having to have sign on bonuses to get new hires and I understand current employees are still dropping like flies maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  This new quality stuff I am not sure about, but can it be worse than Fiesa? ...

Our Company's Intentions For The Upcoming Year.
Sep 10, 2012

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/10-q-mmodal-inc-2012-08-08   We increased our offshore production volumes from 42% for the three months ended June 30, 2011 to 47% for the three months ended June 30, 2012. We also increased our use of ASR technology from 74% to 77% during the same period. We increased our offshore production volumes from 42% for the six months ended June 30, 2011 to 48% for the six months ended June 30, 2012. We also increased our use of ASR technology from 73% to 7 ...

Any Current Info On Transolutions? Upcoming Interview
Sep 01, 2010

I have an interview with Transolutions tomorrow. I applied for their STAR team and am curious about types of accounts, flexibility of work schedule, general info like that. I've already received the PDF on their compensation schedule and insurance benefits, so I have an idea what they pay. Just curious what they expect for the line counts they offer, what management is like, do they follow BOS, etc. Any and all comments welcomed, although I've mostly seen the negatives in the archives ...

Imedx And Upcoming Town Hall Meeting
May 10, 2015

I am curious what other MTs at Imedx think about the upcoming Town Hall meeting at Imedx.  I feel it is another effort, just like the employee suggestion program, to try to put a pretty face on a very ugly, dirty company.  I think Imedx perhaps made a mistake when they bought out TranTech, a good-sized company with many long-time, good, intelligent MTs who were used to being treated with respect. We simply are not going to sit idly by when treated like crap and not put u ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

MQ Pays 1 Rate For 100% QA, A Lower Rate For Non 100%. How Do You
Oct 29, 2011

ty ...

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

What Is A QA Sub Rate?
Nov 05, 2009

Just got mine, had one last pay period, well duh-------nobody explained it to me!! ...

Pay Rate-HELP!!
Jun 13, 2010

I've been out of the industry and on unemployment for over a year, and have just been contacted by a previous employer to work for them again.  The catch?  I was very well paid by this company and I will be discussing my rate of pay tomorrow with the payroll manager.  I am gunshy about asking for too much money because I now know what slim pickings it is out there.  Should I just jump in and ask for the same rate as before?  I was paid by the page, does anyone ...

DSG Pay Rate
Aug 09, 2010

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can give me an exact cents per line that they make at DSG, documentation services group.  Let me know! I've just received email that i can now test with them and was wondering.  Also how was the test?      ...