A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I would be leery of a doctor in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - looking to hire a transcriptionist. SM

Posted: May 03, 2013

**monitors, if this is not appropriate, please let me know. Dr Farzaneh Tondkar - I believe she does social security exams as well as other dictation work. She sent multiple voice files, I type them up and send back the same day, she will claim 2 days later she never got the work. I extensively explain how I sent things, she didn't get them in email. Then another dance of how she didn't get the work, I re-send it again. I also spent time double checking every single voice file (some blank, many duplicates) to make sure I didn't miss anything, and explain again, with a complete list of patient reports by name. Then when I ask about my check that she said she'd send last week, an excuse that she ran out of checks and is out of town, what is my bank and she will deposit the money, etc. Contradictory statements such as claims she never got the reports, but then later says reports were too long and detailed, she had to hire someone to correct them??? All this in text messages, but she can't pull attached reports out of an email? My experience. Small claims court coming up if I don't get that check pretty quick.

being a wisconsin resident - I was immediately interested

[ In Reply To ..]
in this person. She apparently has several offices in the Milw area. doing a google search, the very first link provided was as below. This alone would make me greatly concerned. I have no suggestions for you as to retrieving anything owed you, but perhaps one should be more diligent about investigating those we potentially work for, prior to accepting employment....not to mean that you did anything wrong, just be more wary. Good luck in getting your funds owed.

p.s. this document contains many others - not just her, but she is on there

[ In Reply To ..]
keep scrolling down, you will find her.

Just a thought on getting your money - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
If I were in your position, I would make an informal phone call to the Wisconsin Medical Board and run it by their ethics committee.......

Ran out of checks? - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
What about a money order or cashier's check? Please don't give this person your bank account number.

Thank you for your responses, everyone. - OP SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I did a search last night and found that Ohio website, very good to know, despite being after the fact. I will keep this in mind for any other IC accounts I take on in the future.

I think calling the Wisconsin medical board is a very good idea, thank you.

I definitely told her there were places in New York she could get cashier's checks or money orders. I did her work promptly and expected to be paid promptly. she texts back "sure." She's got money to fly out to NY this week and last week, but no checks right now, and hasn't had a chance to send it. Yep, sure thing, lady.

No, I did not give her my bank information, no way.

I will have that money by Friday, or I will be filing in small claims. Could tell her I'd drive to Milwaukee on Friday when she's back in town, to pick up the check, but I'll have to tack on time and mileage and gas expense. I'd say about $60 round trip should cover it. In Wisconsin, the party at fault is liable for expenses, so it won't bother me a bit to take it to small claims. I would assume it might shake her wallet loose if I mention "my attorney..."

I was recommended her by a very wonderful guy that I currently work for. He's fantastic, every MT's dream employer. I hope to Havoc that he did a background check and considered it very carefully if he hired her... *sigh...

I'll keep after her every few days, I have unlimited text package. I did her work and I want that money.

She also told me she had to hire someone to correct the reports I did; this, after she denied receiving them. Yep. Said this was very difficult for her what we did and hoped next time would be easier.

NEXT TIME?? Did I miss something in the translation here? You hired someone else to correct my work, but you want me to do your work again???

Next time you send reports and want them back by a specific day, I might just have run out of time to do them, sorry. I'll get to them next weekend.

I'm done with her, there is NO next time...

OP SM - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
You are making all of the right moves. You might want to sign onto Manta and Glass Ceiling (both are free) and post your experience so others do not fall into her trap. I am all for exposing MTSOs who mistreat their MTs. I have myself done it before during my stint as an MT and would not hesitate to do it again if the occasion ever arose. Good luck to you.

Send her a Paypal link - do mess with my money

[ In Reply To ..]
Let her know you expect to see payment in your Paypal account within 24 hours. That if payment is NOT in the Paypal account in 24 hours, you will take further action.

HOWEVER, and I feel like I say this a lot -- What does the CONTRACT you had her sign when you took her on as a client say with regard to how and when you will be paid? As a business person, you surely had her sign a contract and hopefully you included a penalty clause.

Not sure how long it's been since you did the work and she hasn't paid you but it sure does make life easier when you have it all in writing.

Good luck getting your funds!

she won't face you in person. Risk getting slugged? people like this - cowards - because they are doing wrong and know it.

[ In Reply To ..]
as it stands she is hiding behind technology. How convenient she is 'out of checks, out of town.' PFFFTTT. Document/date/hard copy EVERYTHING for the courts. Also report to BBB as they will approach her about it, and the public is very familiar with the BBB, usually starting there when checking people out. Check her licensure for current credentials.

Good luck, hope you nail her and brand her with her physician associates as well. Keep us posted.

Similar Messages:

Update On Milwaukee Doctor. SM
May 09, 2013

Last week I posted a notice about not being paid by a doctor after doing her work. Without rehashing the whole thing, I will state that her lies came around full circle and proved her to be the bold-faced liar I knew her to be. I got a text on Sunday, stating that she had put a check in the mail that day. This - after she was out of town and had "run out of checks." Yeh. I believed that just like I believe the moon is green cheese. I sat back to see what would happen. I had sent he ...

Question For Wisconsin IC's
Nov 14, 2011

For those IC's who get their work from an MTSO, does your MTSO require you to have work comp insurance?  ...

I Wonder How The MTs At UW Hospital In Wisconsin Are Doing?
Oct 16, 2014

I was wondering how it's going over there, if anyone's still working, if they've got a deal with Nuance, if they've been outsourced yet, who's quit or retired or moved on. Hoping all the MTs are going to be okay after TSHTF come January 2015, when "things are going to be a lot different around here."  ...

Accustat In Wisconsin - Does Anyone Work For (sm)
Nov 18, 2010

them currently?  Their website states they use qualified text which reduce their cost (while robbing the MT?)  Anyway, are they a good MTSO to work for and can you make any money with qualified text?  ...

Marshfield Clinic In Wisconsin
Sep 05, 2013

Anyone heard of this company? Can't find anything in the archives.  ...

Anyone Familiar With CatTails And The Northern/central Wisconsin (MC)
Apr 23, 2012

Cannot name accounts here, but this is a central Wisconsin clinic and its central and northern Wisconsin satellite clinics, which uses their own EHR software called CatTails.  I am wondering if they are now outsourcing to MModal, Nuance, Amphion, or any other companies.  Thanks for any info.  ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

If The Doctor Says MTP Sm
Nov 10, 2009

The patient presents today for followup on her right first MTP. should it be... metatarsophalangeal and the word joint after it or can it just be metarsophalangeal? tia. ...

Do You Ever Wonder How A Doctor (ESL Or Non-ESL) Would
Feb 20, 2010

react if we went in their offices and talked so fast that they couldn't understand what we said, if we ate during our visit, or yawned and continued talking?  I'm just going to wager a guess that they wouldn't appreciate it very much.  Sometimes, I think it would be fun to try just to see their reactions.  There are some that I transcribe that if I ever got the chance to do that I would.  Have an ESL right now that's talking way too fast.  Do they not ...

Anyone Else Have A Doctor Who ........ (sm)
Aug 05, 2010

Rambles on, makes no sense throughout the dictation at all, does not make complete sentences, dictates on a patient in the WRONG chart constantly, follows no format, which is required by YOU, cuts himself off but yet when you can understand him, he has a "bright" moment and makes sense is an absolute joy to transcribe????  Oh, and did I mention that he only dictates every third day even though he sees patients on a daily basis???? Mini-vent over, back to the confusion ... TIA ...

New Doctor
Nov 06, 2010

It sounds like he says Plantar response is flexor bilaterally in his physical exam portion but he says it so fast I'm not sure I have it right.  ...

Gee, Doctor
Jul 08, 2014

to dictate, as long as you are already in your car & eating a box of Cracker Jack.  ...

How Can You Be A Doctor And
Aug 16, 2014

I mean, seriously. What are they teaching these ESL docs now?? <--me, rolling eyes ...

Really Doctor
Jan 27, 2015

Document 1836 long.  Doctor walked away from phone at 153 and I had to listen to a bunch of garbage.  thank you so much for being an incosiderate boob.  ...

Well Thank You Doctor...
Mar 10, 2015

Apologies from a physician who is stumbling over his words while valiantly making an effort to dictate clearly.  Wish we had more docs like this. ...

Yes, Doctor
May 10, 2015

while you take a long personal call.  After all, I'm just a computer. ...

Really Doctor?
Jun 03, 2015

doesn't actually pause the recording.  And saying "Unpause" doesn't make it start again.  This isn't even the same doctor that calls me "computer."  "Computer go back to the HPI and..."  Beam me up!! ...

What About A Doctor's Responsibility?
Oct 20, 2009

I got in trouble today because I put a wrong patient.  The doctor dictated a billing number, name, and MRN.  The MRN was had a different patient, but the billing number and the patient name matched the ADT screen.  Not to mention the fact that he kept using "she" in the dictation and the MRN number matched a "he".  So logically one would just think he had the wrong MRN and I didn't want another QA submission so I sent it through with the correct billing number, name, and ...

Doctor's Address
Oct 31, 2009

I need the address for Dr. Jill Rue, family doc in Kentucky or southern indiana. thx ...

Having So Much Trouble With This Doctor......
Jan 18, 2010

No. 2 of his impression is: Acute pancreatitis with probable cysts.  Rule out pseudocyesis or superimposed candidiasis.  The fullness of the cul-de-sac may be secondary to ascites (s/l lofadet) gynecology problem.  HELP!!!!!!!! ...

Doctor-diagnosed Or Doctor Diagnosed?
Jan 27, 2010

Psychiatric Consultation under Review of past medical records... There's a list of 8 paragraphs that begin with "Doctor diagnosed... " and then a list of conditions that the patient had/has follows each. Would Doctor-diagnosed be hypenated in this case?  Thanks!   ...

The Transcription Doctor
Feb 28, 2010

Unbelievable.  They just sent a ton of attachments.  No inservice on the "particulars" when you're filling out the demographic screen, just a TON of instructions without answering any questions.  You watch the video on escription, download it, and then you're suppose to be good to go.  Forget it. ...

Doctor's Appointments
Mar 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the policy is for taking time off for a medical appointment.  I have worked here for over 5 years but never done it.  I am a regular part timer who just switched over from flexible part time so I have no PTO accrued to use for the hours I need off and really just want to take it w/o pay.  Just curious what others on this forum have done... ...

This One Is The Doctor's Fault!........
Jun 28, 2010

I mean really! "Her creatinine is somewhat deranged at 2.1..........." ...

What Happens When It's The Doctor's Mistake?
Jun 18, 2010

I am a former Spheris MT, now begrudgingly a MQ MT (not that Spheris was all that great either).  As was pointed out below, we are still on Spheris rules for the most part but I don't expect that to last forever.  At Spheris, if we think a doctor has made a mistake, we are encouraged to flag it but that entails putting in a blank, just as if we didn't understand the dictator.  If we have too many blanks in a given period, we lose our incentive pay.  They do not diff ...

The Doctor's Helper
Jul 12, 2010

I was just offered a job with "The Doctor's Helper"  Has anyone worked with this company?  I was burned by DIT Transcription and don't want the same thing to happen again.  Is this a safe, reputable company? ...

If Your Doctor Talks To You
Sep 10, 2010

Do you feel compelled to talk back out loud?  I have a new doctor that talks to me, and if he says thank you, I find myself saying "you're welcome" out loud!  He also asks questions, as in, "did I remember the vitals" and I say "no you didn't".  My dog kind of looks at me funny, like, are you talking to me?  ...

Doctor Is Stating
May 23, 2011

"dermaclens" or "dermaclenz" ????  I can find a Derma-Clens when I google but it is used by vets.  Any suggestions?  TIA.  ...

Contract For Doctor
Nov 14, 2011

If you have your own account, is it necessary to have the doctor(s) sign a contract before you start with them?  Thanks ...

New French Doctor
Jan 29, 2012

Okay, we've got this new French doctor at one of my hosptials. When I transcribe his dictation, in my head, I'm transcribing dictation form Gelles Marini from Brothers and Sisters and Dancing with the Stars. He's hard to understand, but I'm in love with him. LOL. It's a nice break from the other ESL doctors from the Middle East. I respect that they are learning English and I am sympathetic, but they cost me so much money because with some of them, I earn about $4 an ...