A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New French doctor - Jolly MT

Posted: Jan 29, 2012

Okay, we've got this new French doctor at one of my hosptials. When I transcribe his dictation, in my head, I'm transcribing dictation form Gelles Marini from Brothers and Sisters and Dancing with the Stars. He's hard to understand, but I'm in love with him. LOL. It's a nice break from the other ESL doctors from the Middle East. I respect that they are learning English and I am sympathetic, but they cost me so much money because with some of them, I earn about $4 an hour because I have to back track so much. Makes life more interesting though.

Have a good week everyone.

Just make sure... - never to try to find...

[ In Reply To ..]
a picture of him. The ones with the sexiest voices always have a face only the radio could love! LOL! Have a great day!

Similar Messages:

Feeding Tube - 40-French? I Only Remember Typing 20-French. SM
Nov 12, 2010

A 20 or 40-French feeding tube was connected to the oral end of the guidewire, which was pulled back and the feeding tube pulled behind it.   TIA ...

#24 French
Feb 21, 2010

What is the correct way to type #24 French chest tube - #24 or No. 24 French? ...

9.5-French Or 9 1/2-French?
Nov 16, 2012

TIA ...

Why Do We Hyphenate 7-French, But Not 7 Cm
Nov 17, 2012

x ...

French Fry Anus
Nov 15, 2010

How ASR got that out of "fenestration" is beyond me.  That's the kind of crap I slogged through over the weekend. And also my personal favorite, the guy who starts every sentence over 5 times. "She said that she said that the patient reported she reported The patient reported that last Wednesday she felt last week she she noted The patient reported "= through the whole report, all in glorious ASR ...

S/l Tor-day Day French Adenocarcinoma
Jan 14, 2011

My dictator is an ESL who is usually very clear, but I can't get this one. I think she is saying "tor-day day French adenocarinoma of the lung. Thanks for any help. Jeannie ...

24 French Send
Feb 02, 2011

fem-pop bypass:  doc saying 24 french "send" very clearly.  I tried to make myself hear "stent," but that's not it.  books are still in storage, cannot verify "send."  Anyone?  TIA ...

French Scale
Jul 15, 2014

In transcribing 6 French something, is a hyphen required? ...

A 36-French S/l Vizza G-tube
May 19, 2015

Sleeve gaastrectoomy procedure.   We then used serial firings of the Endo-GIA stapler to create a sleeve around a 36-French s/l Vizza G-tube.   ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

A 7-French _____ Catheter Was Passed For Right Heart Catheterization.
Apr 06, 2011

Hi Everyone, a 7-French _____ catheter was passed for right heart catheterization. Sounds like "hoojalico" Thnx ...

S/L French "Furman" Pigtail Catheter....
Jan 04, 2010

The patient is a 12-year-old with SIRS.......cannot locate in Stedman's or Tessier or online... S/L could be Furman, Frumin.......????      ...

10 French Worley System For Pacemaker. Worley Or Wurlee Or ?
Aug 05, 2010

Is it WORLEY or WURLY or ?  Need help with this. Thanks ...

SL 6-French "PINOT" Guiding Catheter
Nov 15, 2010

Anyone every heard of this catheter 6-French sl Pinot guiding catheter?  I have looked everywhere and cannot find it.  Thanks! ...

4-French S/l "JDRC" For A Heart Cath
May 06, 2013

thanks in advance, hate cardiac reports and my stedmans book won't work..Cant google verify this either ...

The Penis Was S/l "bujeed" Up To A 10 French
Jul 24, 2010

TIA ...

19 French "channel" Drain?
May 12, 2011

It sounds like he is saying channel drain during a GI surgery.  Has anyone ever heard ofa  channel drain or do you know of a good website that lists various surgical drains and their names?  I'd be very grateful for any info.    Thanks so much! ...

20-French "female" Sound?
Jul 16, 2014

The word in question is "female".  I've never heard of that but sounds like what he is saying.  Is that correct?  I cannot find anything on it.  The sentence is: I went ahead and passed a 20-French female sound through his reconstructed meatus and he maintains a good caliber meatus and feels that he urinates without difficulties. ...

16 French S/l "lip" Cystoscope
Aug 18, 2010

cystoscopy procedure:   Under topical anesthesia 16 French s/l "lip????" cystoscope was passed without difficulty.  ...

If The Doctor Says MTP Sm
Nov 10, 2009

The patient presents today for followup on her right first MTP. should it be... metatarsophalangeal and the word joint after it or can it just be metarsophalangeal? tia. ...

Do You Ever Wonder How A Doctor (ESL Or Non-ESL) Would
Feb 20, 2010

react if we went in their offices and talked so fast that they couldn't understand what we said, if we ate during our visit, or yawned and continued talking?  I'm just going to wager a guess that they wouldn't appreciate it very much.  Sometimes, I think it would be fun to try just to see their reactions.  There are some that I transcribe that if I ever got the chance to do that I would.  Have an ESL right now that's talking way too fast.  Do they not ...

Anyone Else Have A Doctor Who ........ (sm)
Aug 05, 2010

Rambles on, makes no sense throughout the dictation at all, does not make complete sentences, dictates on a patient in the WRONG chart constantly, follows no format, which is required by YOU, cuts himself off but yet when you can understand him, he has a "bright" moment and makes sense is an absolute joy to transcribe????  Oh, and did I mention that he only dictates every third day even though he sees patients on a daily basis???? Mini-vent over, back to the confusion ... TIA ...

New Doctor
Nov 06, 2010

It sounds like he says Plantar response is flexor bilaterally in his physical exam portion but he says it so fast I'm not sure I have it right.  ...

Gee, Doctor
Jul 08, 2014

to dictate, as long as you are already in your car & eating a box of Cracker Jack.  ...

How Can You Be A Doctor And
Aug 16, 2014

I mean, seriously. What are they teaching these ESL docs now?? <--me, rolling eyes ...

Really Doctor
Jan 27, 2015

Document 1836 long.  Doctor walked away from phone at 153 and I had to listen to a bunch of garbage.  thank you so much for being an incosiderate boob.  ...

Well Thank You Doctor...
Mar 10, 2015

Apologies from a physician who is stumbling over his words while valiantly making an effort to dictate clearly.  Wish we had more docs like this. ...

Yes, Doctor
May 10, 2015

while you take a long personal call.  After all, I'm just a computer. ...

Really Doctor?
Jun 03, 2015

doesn't actually pause the recording.  And saying "Unpause" doesn't make it start again.  This isn't even the same doctor that calls me "computer."  "Computer go back to the HPI and..."  Beam me up!! ...

What About A Doctor's Responsibility?
Oct 20, 2009

I got in trouble today because I put a wrong patient.  The doctor dictated a billing number, name, and MRN.  The MRN was had a different patient, but the billing number and the patient name matched the ADT screen.  Not to mention the fact that he kept using "she" in the dictation and the MRN number matched a "he".  So logically one would just think he had the wrong MRN and I didn't want another QA submission so I sent it through with the correct billing number, name, and ...