A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question for Wisconsin IC's - wimt

Posted: Nov 14, 2011

For those IC's who get their work from an MTSO, does your MTSO require you to have work comp insurance? 

Workers Comp Insurance - alias

[ In Reply To ..]
no. You are an IC, not an employee...you work from home...if you get injured "on the job" your health insurance, if indeed you have any, will take care of your needs. If you had an office, with other employees, maybe you would need coverage for those employees, but not IC.

Similar Messages:

I Wonder How The MTs At UW Hospital In Wisconsin Are Doing?
Oct 16, 2014

I was wondering how it's going over there, if anyone's still working, if they've got a deal with Nuance, if they've been outsourced yet, who's quit or retired or moved on. Hoping all the MTs are going to be okay after TSHTF come January 2015, when "things are going to be a lot different around here."  ...

Accustat In Wisconsin - Does Anyone Work For (sm)
Nov 18, 2010

them currently?  Their website states they use qualified text which reduce their cost (while robbing the MT?)  Anyway, are they a good MTSO to work for and can you make any money with qualified text?  ...

Marshfield Clinic In Wisconsin
Sep 05, 2013

Anyone heard of this company? Can't find anything in the archives.  ...

I Would Be Leery Of A Doctor In Milwaukee, Wisconsin
May 03, 2013

**monitors, if this is not appropriate, please let me know. Dr Farzaneh Tondkar - I believe she does social security exams as well as other dictation work. She sent multiple voice files, I type them up and send back the same day, she will claim 2 days later she never got the work. I extensively explain how I sent things, she didn't get them in email. Then another dance of how she didn't get the work, I re-send it again. I also spent time double checking every single voice file ...

Anyone Familiar With CatTails And The Northern/central Wisconsin (MC)
Apr 23, 2012

Cannot name accounts here, but this is a central Wisconsin clinic and its central and northern Wisconsin satellite clinics, which uses their own EHR software called CatTails.  I am wondering if they are now outsourcing to MModal, Nuance, Amphion, or any other companies.  Thanks for any info.  ...