A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Contract for Doctor - Tony

Posted: Nov 14, 2011

If you have your own account, is it necessary to have the doctor(s) sign a contract before you start with them?  Thanks

Yes, I would say so - Happy MT Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
Otherwise if the doctor doesn't pay you, you have no leg to stand on to try to get your money.

You always want a contract that clearly spells out terms such as rate of pay, turn around time, how you will invoice the doctor, how many days he has to pay the invoice after you send it/he receives it, and what the penalties are for non payment on his end, or non performance on your end.

Yes to contract - luckyladyinca

[ In Reply To ..]
I have them sign a 30-day contract.

Similar Messages:

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

MDI Contract
Mar 15, 2010

I was looking through papers this morning and happened upon the contract MDI had us sign last January as independent contractors, but to be treated as statutory employees for FICA.  I didn't see anywhere where it stated an end date, and it did state that the contract was transferrable to any entity that might acquire MDI, if I read and understood it correctly.  Does that mean that Transcend was then bound by that same contract?  I am just wondering, since our line rate w ...

IC With No Contract
May 12, 2010

I was hired to work as an IC but with no contract.  Does that sound okay? ...

IC Contract
Oct 26, 2010

Need information.  Contemplating going IC instead of employee and have very little knowledge about IC work.  Does the MTSO draw up the contract or the MT?  Any helpful hints would be appreciated. ...

My Contract With TT
Mar 09, 2014

What happens with my contract with TT if I send all my information to iMedX? Would I then be an employee of iMedX.  Can I be fired (by whom) for not giving them my informaton?  I do not know who they are.  I thought since TT merged that I was still employed by TT.  Can I get unemployment if I refuse to give my information to iMedX? ...

MDI/TRANSCEND CONTRACT
Nov 21, 2009

Got my contract today!.  No surprises.  Everything straightforward.  Sounds like a good deal to me!! ...

IC's, Did You Draw Up Your Own Contract? Sm
Apr 20, 2010

Can you all tell me if you drew up your own contracts, went to an attorny, etc? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Contract Abuse?
Jun 26, 2010

Hi,   I have a big dilemma and I need help. I have been working for the same company for 6 years now. At first I worked for a bunch of doctors and a hospital and then quit the other docs and the hospital because one of my doctors said that he did not like to share and that he wanted me to work only for him. I did not know that was illegal to do until recently being that MTs are contractors. So I have been working for this one doctor and all the nurses and interns in the office for about 5 ...

Question About IC Contract
Aug 31, 2011

I have never worked as an IC before, only as an employee. I was offered a position by a company looking for an IC, and they have an IC contract that they send you and want you to sign. Is it common for an IC contract to contain the clause that you must provide 14 days' notice if you are resigning and that if you provide less than 7 days' notice they have the right to withold 50% of the monies owed to you? I can completely understand that they want adequate notice (just like any employe ...

Contract Concern
Nov 13, 2012

Can someone please help me. I am new to the company, I have not been here 90 days yet. my TSM is "gone" so I have a new one now and have not yet spoken with her. I am very concerned because I realized that my "contracted" rate of 4 and 9 cpl at 150 lph does NOT meet my state minimum wage, I rarely get straight typing to get the 9 cpl. I also am not meeting the 150 lph yet, even so that is only like 6$ an hour, that is horrible. I should have done my math beforehand. I didn't think they coul ...

Well, I Got My Mercedes Contract...
Sep 06, 2014

Knew it was going to be bad, but not this bad....and VBC, no headers or footers. ...

RE; OTI Contract. Does It Sound To Anyone Else
Sep 06, 2014

like they are making this contract so miserable that NOBODY will go with them? 0.65 cents per VBC line?  What a bunch of crap!!!!! ...

Mercedes Contract
Sep 10, 2014

I decided to send them the contract e-mail back stating I would not be accepting and why - that with 20 years experience, I will quit the industry before going that low and that there are still other jobs out there willing to pay more (even if it is only for 6 months to a year that they told me it would last).  I said if they get no takers and want to consider offering us more, please feel free to contact me.  Hopefully, we all do the same.  Good luck. ...

Question About 2 Clauses In IC Contract
Mar 09, 2010

I'm new with only a few months of MT experience under my belt.  Was offered a job with a company in Canada which I've heard nothing about.  However, their contract has 2 clauses I'm concerned about and would like your opinion on: 1. They will only pay for reports that meet their "accuracy and completeness requirements", and they wouldn't give me those requirements until I signed the contract. 2. Failure to meet a deadline for any reason means they will " ...

IC Terminating Contract - When Will I Get Last Paycheck
Jul 14, 2010

I briefly worked for a company as an IC.  Things did not work out and I resigned.  Now, I am wondering about the last paycheck.  Do MTSOs who hire IC send the final/last paycheck during payday or is it within 72 hours?  I am in California.   Thank you. ...

Advice On Terminating An IC Contract
Sep 10, 2010

This is the first IC MT job I have quit and I want to terminate my contract.  The contract says they require 30 days' prior written notice - I assume an email would be sufficient?  Would you also send a letter or even a certified letter?  Have any of you quit an IC job and not given the full 30 days (or 2 weeks or whatever your contract said), and if so, how did it work out? ...

PT Job In Facility Company Has Contract With
Oct 06, 2011

Have been offered a PT position in a facility that my current company does transcription for.  It is for MT work NOT sent out of the facility.  Do you think this would be a conflict of interest?  I would ask Human Resources, but... trying to stay low profile.  ...

Breaking Contract/suing
Apr 03, 2012

I'm working for a small company and upon initial hire, I signed a contract stating I need to give 14 days notice if I quit. Can they sue me for breaking the contract if I don't give notice? I've had something come up where I'm not able to work for them any longer and 14 days notice is just not feasible for me. ...

IC Contract After A Month Of Work
Feb 01, 2013

New MT here, started the 1st of Jan so I've been working for a month.  The only info or paperwork I received from this company was a W-9 and direct deposit form.  In fact, I had to fill them out twice, not sure why.  I wasn't told my line rate until I flat out asked.  Yesterday I received a request to fill out these forms again, along with an IC contract.  I'm not legal savvy, so I don't understand most of it.  What stood out was the start date o ...

Need A Contract Between MTSO And Practice
Feb 13, 2013

Could somebody help me out with a sample/template for a contract between an mtso and a medical practice?  thanks in advance! ...

IC Contract Question - Is This The Norm??
Feb 17, 2013

What do you think of this? Is this a normal inclusion on a contract? Personally, I think this is a load of B.S. (P.S., they only pay 5.75 cents/per line to begin with, for straight transcription.) Any errors requiring extra processing (blanks/questions) or reprocessing (resends) created by the Subcontractor will incur a charge that will be billed to the Subcontractor by the Contractor. Charges will be made on a per-line basis of the entire (re)processed document with said line being 65 charact ...

Employment Contract With Nuance
Mar 16, 2013

I was offered a position at Nuance and was surprised to get the employment agreement that states I will be an "at-will" employee and that I must apply again in one year as the employment agreement is only for one year.  I was shocked.  I have never heard of this.  I am middle-aged and have never heard of "at-will" employment.  I have also never had to reapply with a company after 1 year.  Are all Nuance employees given this type of employment agreement?    Th ...

Anyone Get A Contract From MedScribe . . . Amazing!
May 09, 2013

I got a contract with this company and have never seen anything like it.  Their performance rating/expectations outline is the most condenscending, tryannical thing I have ever read.  I bet military rules are more lax than this company.  They give you a 12-hour window but then say you cannot leave your computer for more than 30 minutes 3 times a day.  Then even go on to explain you can't go to a party, grocery shopping, go to the gym, school event, social gathering, bake ...

Medical Transcription Contract
Jan 28, 2014

Hi all - I own a small MT service and trying to grow. I want to keep working with ICs but need to cover myself as far as tax, workers' comp etc. I was thinking about only using ICs with a business name....thoughts? With reggard to the contract for the doctors - how do you get the doctors office to agree to "only you doing all their work"? Is that possible. Thanks guys, Cathy :) CTWP ...

ICs In Contract With MedScribe Out Of Florida?
Aug 14, 2014

Are there any independent contractors out there who contract with MedScribe out of Florida?  I am really needing some more info about this company.  ...

Independent Contract Status
Jan 27, 2015

Hi there.  I am searching for MT work again.  I have always worked under employee status and would like any advice/input, pros/cons about working under independent contractor experience.  Thanks so much!!!!! ...

Medquist Awarded A Huge Contract.
Aug 26, 2010

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-awarded-contract-with-child-health-corporation-of-america-101383704.html   It does say hospital is outsourcing, so does that mean India? In the latest example of its support for providers nationwide, MedQuist recently signed an agreement with Child Health Corporation of America (CHCA) for clinical documentation and computer-assisted coding technology and outsourced medical transcription and coding services.  MedQuist will implemen ...

MTSO Has State Hosp Contract For Less
Oct 05, 2012

In a state where there is a prevailing wage (over $19/hr for MTs) law for employees who perform work on a state government contract, how do you suppose this MTSO is in compliance when the MTSO itself is only getting less than 10 cents per line? Of course, they are probably not in compliance.  I suspect that, while the company address listed on the contract is within the state, the work is being performed offshore, perhaps in India (just a guess after seeing the contractor's name).&nbs ...

What Does Errors & Omissions Excepted In A Contract Mean Exactly?
Feb 18, 2013

thanks to the help of the people on this board, I am now working on a contract and at the bottom it says Errors & Omissions Excepted  and I just want to be sure what I am signing.   thanks! ...

Contract Requiring Transcriptionists To Work For Only One Company
Apr 27, 2010

Does anyone know if it is legal (it could vary from state to state, I know) for a company to require you in their contract to work for no other company?  I have seen this in two different contacts for two different companies in the last few months.  Thanks for any knowledgeable input on this. ...