A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Have resigned from Transcend and feel like a bird out of a cage! sm - former MDIr

Posted: May 14, 2010

Other than MTs on this board few will understand my feeling that the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders!  I actually am waking up smiling and eager to face my work day.  I know Transcend is a good fit for a great many people, and I tried hard to be one of them but it did not work for me.  I don't think I realized just how much I was being affected by working each day for a company I did not trust.  I resigned not having another job, something I have never done in my life and have been an MT for 35 years, yet I knew immediately it was the right thing for me.  God willing I will find another company who actually values my contribution.  I just wanted to share my feelings with those I felt would understand and celebrate with me! 

Bless you and wishing you luck - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I know how it feels to work for a company you do not trust and catch in several lies. Somedays, I did not know what to believe when reading my TL's emails to us. I resigned as you did without another job. I do not recommend it, but I did and I am in talks with several companies at this time, and just like you, I know god will bless me with something soon. Good luck

It'll be okay - fatandlazy

[ In Reply To ..]
You'll find another company...hang in there.

Netmed Transcription has immediate openings - NetMed Transcription

[ In Reply To ..]
NetMed Transcription is looking to fill several positions. Please respond if you have experience in Cardio(ESL), Pulmonary, Hem/Onc(ESL), Op Notes, Discharge Summaries, Er's.

Details:

Work from home

Make your own schedule, no shift requirements.

Employee status all taxes withheld

Extra for ESL doctors

Always transcribe for the same doctors. No pools.

Direct deposit available. Payroll is bi-weekly.

Clinic work Monday through Friday only. No weekends.

Full IT staff on site for MT support.

All software supplied and supported by NetMed.

Computer available if needed.

If interested please contact Tami at tgregg@netmedtranscription.com

VIRUS site -- avoid - could kill your computer

[ In Reply To ..]
I clicked on the link for this site.

Norton Internet Security flagged this as an unsafe site with a Trojan Horse.

Your mileage may vary, but proceed at your own risk.

It came up for me just fine with AVG - Typin_away

[ In Reply To ..]
No problems at all.
This is what Norton said -- - I you are right and it is safe
[ In Reply To ..]
Threats found: 1
Here is a complete list:
Threat Name: Trojan Horse
Location: http://www.netmedtranscription.com/downloads/NetMed.WebEnable.exe
Make that: "I hope you are right" - - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Norton isn't great virus protection, I'd say you are ok. - Typin_away
[ In Reply To ..]
My fiance is a tech and no way would he allow Norton on our computers. It is unreliable. It is famous for false positives and not actually catching the viruses it should.
Norton - 15+ exp
[ In Reply To ..]
'Tis true. When I first installed AVG after getting rid of Norton (made my pc run like a windows 98), the only virus it found was a file put on it by installing Norton! I had to go into my registry and delete every reference to Norton besides having AVG remove it. Would never use it again.

Know the feeling - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
I refused to quit and got fired instead, as you probably know. Since that day I am much happier and am back to the person I used to be. I am enjoying life a lot more even though I am on unemployment and actively seeking work. May good things come your way. I ADMIRE your courage for leaving on your own. One's own state of mind has more power than a paycheck sometimes.

I totally understand! - Former also

[ In Reply To ..]
I felt the same way. I didn't realize how stressed I had become until I quit. There are other good companies out there. I found one and now look forward to work again. Enjoy life a little and hopefully you will find your niche soon.

I realize different strokes for different folks, so if you work for Transcend and like it, I am happy for you. It just wasn't for me.

Question? - curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Were any of you who resigned among the "chosen few" that were higher paid and had to take a pay cut? Just wondering....I am riding the fence right now for that reason.

Not a previous MDIer, but... - Previous mergerer

[ In Reply To ..]
I just figured they try to pay you what you made with your previous company, so unfortunately I am still making 7.9 cents a line like I did at my previous job, and of course 4 cents per VR line. I think what happens is they try to get everything on VR, so that most of us end up making 4 cents a line. The good thing is sometimes they have a really hard time moving some accounts to VR, so have to try to continue to pay you what you made at your previous company. It seems to me that the MDI people made a pretty good amount for their typed lines, so they really needed to figure out a way to knock that down to close to what the other merger people are making. It is all just confusing to me. Good luck to everyone!

I don't know about "chosen few" but I was probably.. sm - former MDIr

[ In Reply To ..]
making more than some. I did take a half cent a line pay cut at the time of the merger. Like you, I was riding the fence a long time and I gave the decision to leave a great deal of thought. My line rate was of course a consideration as I was not sure I would make that rate again in this current MT climate, but the decision to leave was ultimately due to the lack of trust I felt for the company. It had to do more with the feeling that I was no longer appreciated or valued, that I was simply a number on a time clock; the TAT on accounts shrinking to what seemed like 1 hour or less before frantic emails; and an abundance of what I felt was negative energy. It was taking a toll on me in ways I am just beginning to realize. Whatever the future holds for me I know will be better than the past and I feel hopeful for the first time in a while! It was the right decision for me, I wish you peace in making yours.
I believe I was paid higher - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
than some. I made the same as I did before the merge. Like another poster stated - I believe they pay you the same amount, but will eventually force VR on you in order to cut your pay. I made 8.3 cpl and with VR 4.92. When I had the work available to me I made good money and my accounts were all straight typing at ONE point (no not the peds account). I do not miss the frantic hideous emails stating the number of reports when, in fact, these reports were less than an hour old. They will call in their SWAT team to clean them up and then you sit there the rest of the day waiting for work. I have my life back and am enjoying my time off while it lasts; however, I am actively seeking work.
That is a low rate compared to most from our merge. - Survivor
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

doubt I was the chosen few, but had a fairly high line rate - Former also

[ In Reply To ..]
I also had a half-cent pay cut when Transcend took over. That really didn't factor into my decision to quit. The impending VR would have been 60% of my line rate which would have been more than 4 cents according to them, so money really wasn't the issue. I was tired of the stupid incessant stress-inducing emails, the time card emails, reminders about each and every thing about time cards. Emails about TAT, emails about how many minutes there were on this account and that account when we could see that information for ourselves. Just incessant whining all around. It bugged me that we were "employees" but were told to only count time when we were transcribing. Yet they sucked hours of my life away with their nonending emails and time "saving" issues and drama and crises.

The new job I took I actually make half-cent less than Transcend, but am left alone to do my job and am far more productive. They also have a weekend incentive, and they don't beg and induce guilt. I am happy to help on weekends as much as possible, and not just because of the incentive, but I feel human again and appreciated for what I do. They send emails to thank me for working if I work beyond my schedule, Just a whole nuther world.

That was my personal experience. I do not presume to speak for other employees of Transcend.
your post on MT Stars - sameboat
[ In Reply To ..]
message deleted
Can I ask where you work now? Sounds nice. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
You describe where I am now - squidgy
[ In Reply To ..]
with the constant emails and little hassles. I used to have Friday/Saturday off but switched to work those days because there was more work and they needed people. Now they schedule meetings and "coffee breaks" on my day off and send me emails about my time card that I'm supposed to respond to even on my days off. What??? I am so sick of this it makes me sick. I already have some major health issues, which is why I do this sort of work in the first place. For that reason I've been hesitant to make a big change, but think I will end up having to do it. Fixing up my resume and looking around now.

Good luck to you - tired metatarsal

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish you much luck. I will probably be leaving them very soon as well. I dislike very much the person I have become with all the stress and it all ties in to working with this company. On my days off I am a totally different person, even though I am still working (but for someone else).

glad for you, lift of the weight, go smell the flowers, grass - darlene

[ In Reply To ..]
happy you are happy

Congrats on the change - tiredoftyping

[ In Reply To ..]
Hope you find something new soon! Resigning without a backup plan can be scary but your peace of mind will be well worth it! I also quit there without really knowing what I was going to do and it was well worth it to me! I felt like a new person the next day! GOOD LUCK!!!

I know what you mean! Resigned from MD-IT - worst place ever! - Relieved MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I know what you mean by feeling free of the crap! Resigned from MD-IT a few weeks ago. Supervisor was the most indignant rude self-centered beach ever! So glad to be rid of her and her 10 emails a day! I feel sorry for anyone left working there.

I agree about MD-IT...sm - sosmt

[ In Reply To ..]
What division did you work for? I worked for two different ones at different times, and they were both horrible.

Denver MDIT office was horrible! - Unbelievable

[ In Reply To ..]
Unorganized, unabashedly rude supervisor, cross training on SIX accounts, c'mon get real. They just want the work done and don't care how it gets done. They care nothing about quality OBVIOUSLY or they wouldn't cross train on so many accounts. Ask for a different office if you HAVE to work for them at all otherwise go elsewhere. So many nice companies to work for that truly do care about quality and YOU!!
Yep, that's one of the divisions I worked for. I'm much happier now! nm - sosmt
[ In Reply To ..]
:)
What was the other office? - Just curious...
[ In Reply To ..]
Are you still with MD-IT? What was the other office that was horrible? I think they must all be horrible!
Louisville...sm - sosmt
[ In Reply To ..]
nope, haven't worked there in over a year.

Similar Messages:

Finally Resigned From Transcend
Apr 21, 2010

I could not take it any longer. Months ago I was on this board telling everyone to remain calm and believe what we had been told. I am now back to eat crow, just like many said that I would.  After the telephone conference yesterday in which we were told how wonderful BeyondTXT was going to be, I hung up half way through, went directly to my email and sent in my letter of resignation. That was the last straw!  Our Bayscribe platform was being tossed and this new platform, of which its ...

Bird Bath?
Jun 17, 2015

s/l birth bath wile legs drains are still in place ??? thanks. ...

Bird Carcinoma (Breast)?
Dec 26, 2011

Usually very clear Indian doc is saying something that sounds just like "BIRD carcinoma, for which she underwent a mastectomy."  What the heck?  Any ideas? ...

Caged Bird No More! Starting New Career!
Oct 26, 2013

Just wanted to say goodbye to all of my MT cohorts and friends. After months of intensive job searching, perseverence, resume tweaking, tears, rejection and then skin thickening (ahem), and giving tons of thought about school versus job versus trying to hang onto transcription, I've landed a new job with a wonderful company. Get this, they have steady paychecks, benefits, and raises. I haven't had those in years. I feel like I'm walking on Cloud 9 and can't even sleep! ...

Sovereign Cage
Mar 27, 2014

have you heard of a 'soveriegn cage' for ortho? ...

Is PEEK Cage In All Caps?
Jul 16, 2010

Stryker PEEK cage or peek cage or Peek cage? ...

I Resigned!
Aug 17, 2011

I resigned from MQ and I feel so much better!  I was so stressed out and have a lot of things going on with my family that I felt that I had to get out of this crazy job and I tell you what, I feel great!  Good luck to everyone that stays with the Q.   ...

Resigned, Not A Word From MQ???
Feb 11, 2010

I worked for MQ for over 3 years, resigned last week.  Not a word from anyone from MQ.  I worked weekends, every holiday except Christmas and Thanksgiving, worked extra when they asked, always made up time, hardly ever had any time off except for things like family emergencies......2-3 days at a time, never a whole week!  Geez, ya think they would miss that.  I will miss this board, feel like I had friends at home.  Will be working outside.  Is this normal?  No ...

When You Have Resigned From A Job, Did They Treat You Like You Were Nothing?
Mar 09, 2010

I was working at two companies.  One I was an employee and the other I am an IC.  I have a baby who is 4 months old, so the IC job is much better for me for now since I can work when I want and as how much as I want.  The company where I am an employee, I sent an email to my TeamLeader to let her know I had made the decision to resign and my reasons for doing so.  By the time I hit the send button, they had blocked my email and everything and did not send me an email to say s ...

Just Resigned From Nuance.
May 01, 2012

I had to quit before I even started officially working there.  The problem was living with my daughter's family.  I only have satellite in the mountains and thought I could stay part-time with daughter's family and then come home on my days off.  I must have been crazy or totally unrealistic to think this would ever work.  I had to work at desk which right next to front door and of course all kinds of traffic all day long.  Teenagers too -- very noisy and total ...

Just Resigned Either I Am Paranoid Or I Have It Figured Out
Jun 14, 2010

I have worked for Medquist 7 years, started out 10 cents a line and I am Tier III ESL accounts.  Used to work for transcend before that.  We went to ASR and we were told to highlight and correct so we could "train" it.  We have been doing that for the C-Bay over in India through Spheris and Medquist who are owned by them in case you are new to this website.  Our loyalty and quality assurance has caused us to lose our jobs.  I resigned but I know a lot other well paid MT/ ...

Just Resigned, Feels Soooooo Right!
Feb 23, 2014

I finally had the moment I have been waiting for, for far too long.  I sent my resignation and I could not be happier.  I found a new opportunity and I am taking it.  No matter where it leads, it will be much better than working for this sweat-shop penile colony.  Good luck to you still here and do not give up, there is life after MModal (and some mental recuperation).  May God bless you all with YOUR opportunity.  ...

Resigned Thursday Night....
Jul 26, 2014

My part time job at a local pain clinic has gone full time - just finished my first full week - I was so happy to call my TSH and leave her a voice mail that for reasons beyond my control, I was resigning effective immediately.   (The reason - I've gone from $10 an hour to $17 an hour) -  There is no actual dictation - all I do is cut and paste from templates.  My new supervisor told me I'll be close to $20 an hour soon.  There is hope...  One thing for sure, I ...

Resigned From This Horrible Company!
May 31, 2015

I quit with NO notice 3 months ago and sent a scathing resignation letter, the BEST thing I ever did!!!  The letter I wrote was completely accurate, reason why I probably did not receive a response.  I am so grateful I was able to find a job 5 minutes from my home paying me an hourly rate of $15.00.  Does not sound like much but considering that my salary had steadily decreased with "Screwance", it's awesome!  No stress, no crappy emails letting me know I made an error, ...

To Any Keystrokes Full-timers Who Have Resigned
Apr 03, 2013

This may be a naive question, but, when you resigned from Keystrokes, did you get paid for any PTO that you had on the books?  I sure hate to give that time up.  Thanks in advance. ...

Medtronic "altitude" Expandable Interbody Cage.
Oct 26, 2011

This poor kid has a T12 burst fracture, and the doc is operating using a Medtronic altitude interbody expandable cage.  Cannot find any such "altitude" thing.  I found an LT-cage, but there that troublesome third syllable in "L-ti-tud."  Anyone have a more updated ortho/neuro/spine reference?  TIA!   ...

Ortho - KH Construct / Cage Construct?? Sm
Oct 19, 2012

Patient has failed back syndrome.  She fell recently and has exacerbation. Her films show no fractures or abnormalities and her s/l KH construct is still in good position.  Does anyone know of a KH construct?  I'm trying to hear cage construct, but don't.....  Any ideas?  Maybe there is a KH construct?  My brain is tired. ...

Man, I Feel For New MTs...
Aug 07, 2010

I was just looking at the Word Help board - I can't imagine working at home by myself, having no one to ask for help.  When I first started, you could turn to the person next to you and get some help.  They've really been thrown to the wolves.  Good luck, all!! ...

Feel The Same Way
Sep 10, 2010

as the poster below.  I think the lag in our computers now with the 6.1 is either because the ILPs are "observing" while we are typing or there is a spyware included to watch our keystrokes and screens.  Getting paranoid. ...

Does Anyone Else Feel This Way? (sm)
Aug 26, 2011

Today is payday. Never knowing what it will be until I check my bank account, I get this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach while logging on to my bank's website. It's sort of like butterflies, but not as pleasant a feeling!  This morning, I took a look at the last five deposits. Most are within 20 or 30 dollars, but they all are getting progressively smaller, smaller, smaller. Compared to two years ago, it's literally half of what I was making. Egads! Soon I will be p ...

Does Anyone Else Feel Like This?
Jan 11, 2012

I know a lot of you work for companies right now that do not have enough work and I can truly empathize with you, have been in that boat as well. But the company I work for begs us to do overtime every single solitary weekend, aka Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I have been in this field for almost 30 years and quite honestly I am burnt out. I put in my 40 hours a week and feel the rest of my life is my time. I have neck problems and back problems as well, but still manage to do my best and am also ...

I Just Have To Say That I Feel Sorry For Those MTs
Apr 22, 2012

Who are actually listening and believing this BS that WMJ is spewing out. She or he does NOT have your best interest at heart. If you choose to do the sick out I can guarantee that you will not have a job when you try to log back in on the 2nd. We work in an at will employment job. They can lock you out and not even give you a reason for letting you go. We do not have a union which would protect you in a strike situation though I for one still would not want to be in a union because they ar ...

Ever Feel Like
Aug 14, 2012

The so called random dictation is designed to slow you down, makes me mad when I just want to get the work done without constanting stopping and starting, rearranging the formats, etc.    ...

Do You Ever Feel Like
Oct 18, 2012

a note and say, "Hey, the reason you have having to s-p-e-l-l these simple words now is because your chart notes are being done in India."   All part of the plot to push for off-shoring the work because there are "so few qualified US MTs."  ...

To MTs Over 50 Who Feel They Won't Be Able
Dec 03, 2012

they'd be too old to start at the bottom and no one will hire them, consider getting your real estate license.  It only takes 2 months, and this happens to be an industry where it seems age actually is of benefit!  Trust me, I've done it and now an apartment manager in a small complex where I pay no rent and no utilities.  Try it if interested, you might like it :) ...

Ever Feel Like You Can Never Do Anything Right.
Dec 22, 2012

I made 99.125 on my audit this month.  Why do i feel this company still considers this failing. One thing is for sure, I cannolt wait until I get another job. ...

Anyone Feel Like Me?
Aug 20, 2013

I am so sick and tired of this work, this company, and really hate sitting down here every day for the past 20 years.  It gets harder each day with every new rule, policy or threat we receive.  Whether there is work or not, I feel the same way - I am so burned out on this garbage.  I am still far from retirement and really trying to find a way to refocus myself to concentrate on this mind-numbing drivel that ASR puts out.  I am so sick and tired of putting in commas, taking o ...

How Are You All Going To Feel
Dec 03, 2013

when fast food workers are making $10/hour? ...

Sometimes I Feel Like...........
Dec 11, 2013

one of those bears on a track in the carnival shooting games.  Shoot-ding-turn, shoot-ding-turn......... ...

How I Feel...
Apr 22, 2014

Today I could so easily throw my computer and reference books in a pile in the middle of my office, light a match, and walk away. ...