A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Finally resigned from Transcend - MDI-Transcender

Posted: Apr 21, 2010

I could not take it any longer. Months ago I was on this board telling everyone to remain calm and believe what we had been told. I am now back to eat crow, just like many said that I would. 

After the telephone conference yesterday in which we were told how wonderful BeyondTXT was going to be, I hung up half way through, went directly to my email and sent in my letter of resignation. That was the last straw!  Our Bayscribe platform was being tossed and this new platform, of which its main purpose is VR, was being installed.  No thank you!

Last Sunday evening I received an email from a great company whom I had applied with in January.  I was offered a good job and decided to take it but keep my job with Transcend just in case.  However, yesterday I made my decision to finally get out and I think I slept better last night than I have in months! 

There is not a shred of MDI's ethics left.  The company that we all knew and loved is most definitely dead and gone and it did not take long for Transcend to put the last few nails in the coffin.  The next step will be the funerall, when all accounts are on VR and MTs are scraping for that elusive $900 FT requirement, now making 6 cpl or less for VR.

I am so thankful to be finally free of the stress, the insulting and threatening emails, the lousy dictators that I had to kneel before, and the time cosuming and redundant conference calls. 

It is going to take me a while to get used to working for someone I can trust again.  A small company who treats its MTs with consideration and respect, who does not off shore, and who does not and will not use VR.  My accounts are wonderful and I have already reached 98% QA scores in just 3 days.  I actually look forward to working again!  I was ready to hang up MT work altogether, but I had to believe there were still some good companies in existence to work for.  The problem was finding them.  Fortunately, I did and it was just in time.

So, to those on this board who warned me against my glass-half-full perspective, and who told me that in less than 6 months I would see how things would change, I say this:  You were correct!  For those original MDI MTs who jumped ship early on, I say to you, yes, you made the right choice, and for those who are still stuck in that mess, good luck because, unfortunately, you are most certainly going to need it.  

well, that's depressing. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
but I cannot take comfort going elsewhere either, as I'm not trusting a company not to go to VR (MDI said that, remember?) and not trusting that they won't be bought out by a bigger company...sad sad sad.

Congratulations. I envy you. - I would do it in a heart beat....Question for you:

[ In Reply To ..]
May I ask, did you have to take a pay cut to move on to your new company?

Best of luck to you. I think I've got a big dish of crow waiting for me somewhere, as during the MDI-MD merger, I tried to be POSITIVE and wait and see. I'm seeing all right, and watching those who had a pretty darn decent atmosphere to work in at MDI-MD are now turning on the rest of us, evidently forgetting what it was like.

Anyway, GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Pay decrease but it all - depends on how you look at it

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I did take a decrease in pay as far as line rate goes, but on the other handm I am making more because the accounts are super, the work is abundant, and my line count per hour is higher. So, even at the lower rate, I am making more money and what is even more important, I am having a good time doing it!

Finally resigned from Transcend - mt4years

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi there, While I have never worked for Transcend, I can definitely sympathize with you regarding the VR. Would you mind emailing me (if you do not wish to discuss it here) and let me know which company you are working with now? I'd actually like to find a company that does not use VR and actually values its employees.

Thanks! Good luck with your new company.

A good company - sheepwhisperer

[ In Reply To ..]
Hello! Like you, I have never worked for Transcend but I had worked for Spheris up until recently (I quit in January), because of the VR and not making enough money. I have gone to work for a company that does not offshore and does only transcribing. I work 8 hours less than I did for Spheris and bring home more money. I read a lot of negative things on here about the company I work for now but they have been really nice, good accounts, does not degrade their MTs and as long as you work your scheduled shift and do your share, they leave you alone. I am lucky to get 5 emails a day, none of which are snide or rude. I feel lucky to have found them and glad to be out of Spheris, especially since they have been bought out by MQ. Since I am not sure if I can post the company I work for, if you are interested email me and I will be glad to give you more info. Hand in there!

Making 7.9 cents per line typing, lol - Now wondering when it changed from 8.

[ In Reply To ..]
and of course when I finally do have to do VR will that be 3.9 cents, lol I know I am not the only one getting tricked at Transcend. Just make sure to check your paystubs regularly for any changes!!

SOOOOO happy for you, Congrat.!!! Yes, I am. - darlene

[ In Reply To ..]
When the posted contract somebody posted about in such and such time, the aim/goal was to be 70% or better voice recognition, I KNEW the goal and outcome would be zip for the MTs.

It is total disrespect for women/MTs and human beings to be expected to give such skill and expertise and work for literally peanuts/minium/less than minimum wage. It is like the sewing machine industry who pay .10 a piece and designer labels selling for thousands plus plus. Same principle.

Darlene - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
It is a total disrespect for MEN, too. Yes, most MTs are women, but some are guys.

NICK sorry (did include "human beings" - darlene

[ In Reply To ..]
I know SOME are men who MT but is generally regarded as women, thus the disresptful attitude Just yesterday on TV it said, women are STILL making 80% of what men get (same job) so you see, it is a predatory attitude, I DO, BECAUSE WE CAN" (WHO STOPS THEM) SEEEE

It is total disrespect for women/MTs and human beings to be expected to give such skill and expertise

Must have been the day for resignations - Me2

[ In Reply To ..]
I sent mine just before that email came out. I can honestly say, though, that I just wanted out of MTing for a while. My TL has always been respectful and caring.

Did you give a notice?

No Notice Given - What for?

[ In Reply To ..]
The contract states they can terminate any time for any reason. Do you think they would have given me a notice? I did get an email, however, telling me that since I did not give notice I would never be considered for rehire! Oh my gosh! LOL!
Rehire? Are they kidding?!

Giving notice - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
IMHO, one gives notice in order to follow proper business protocol. Just because a company is behaving badly does not mean that I have to behave badly, too. I will not stoop to their level. I gave MQ 30 days notice even though I think the company is horrible.

I am out of there too, such relief... sm - Former MDIer, now former Transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel better than I have in months. I found a smaller company as well, and it is night and day better. I work, they leave me alone and deposit my pay! Woo hoo. No rah-rah propaganda, no threatening emails, hardly any emails at all.

Transcend is going to push through BeyondTXT in a hurry as they explained it saves them money not having to pay for Bayscribe. So we have to lose money learning it, and yet they are pocketing that extra profit. I am sure BeyondTXT is tweeked to their financial advantage as well. Who knows how it actually counts lines and what is included. I was also disgusted seeing the pay and raises of the CEOs of Transcend. Just another greedy bunch of people who really could not care less about the people that put them and keep them where they are. I am so glad to be out.

Former MDIer/Former Transcender - Green tea

[ In Reply To ..]
I, too, went with a smaller company where I am treated like a person and not a machine. It seems that the wonderful MDI we knew and loved was felled by the Greed Machine. I just hope none of the high muckety mucks fall into its gears. (But never fear, my fellow MTs, the law of karma always works. It may take it a little while, but the way they are treating MTs is going to come back to bite them on the ......What goes around comes around as they say on the South Side of Chicago.)

AMEN! - Karma for sure! nm

[ In Reply To ..]

I hate to say it - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
But I told you so - it would not take long after your merge to be very unhappy and things would definitely change. All Transcend does is hand out a bunch of yada, yada, yada and in the end the MT gets nada, nada, nada. I am glad that you have another job to fall back on. You are smart not to sick around and take any of their crap. Good luck with your new job.

Similar Messages:

Have Resigned From Transcend And Feel Like A Bird Out Of A Cage! Sm
May 14, 2010

Other than MTs on this board few will understand my feeling that the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders!  I actually am waking up smiling and eager to face my work day.  I know Transcend is a good fit for a great many people, and I tried hard to be one of them but it did not work for me.  I don't think I realized just how much I was being affected by working each day for a company I did not trust.  I resigned not having another job, something I have ne ...

I Resigned!
Aug 17, 2011

I resigned from MQ and I feel so much better!  I was so stressed out and have a lot of things going on with my family that I felt that I had to get out of this crazy job and I tell you what, I feel great!  Good luck to everyone that stays with the Q.   ...

Resigned, Not A Word From MQ???
Feb 11, 2010

I worked for MQ for over 3 years, resigned last week.  Not a word from anyone from MQ.  I worked weekends, every holiday except Christmas and Thanksgiving, worked extra when they asked, always made up time, hardly ever had any time off except for things like family emergencies......2-3 days at a time, never a whole week!  Geez, ya think they would miss that.  I will miss this board, feel like I had friends at home.  Will be working outside.  Is this normal?  No ...

When You Have Resigned From A Job, Did They Treat You Like You Were Nothing?
Mar 09, 2010

I was working at two companies.  One I was an employee and the other I am an IC.  I have a baby who is 4 months old, so the IC job is much better for me for now since I can work when I want and as how much as I want.  The company where I am an employee, I sent an email to my TeamLeader to let her know I had made the decision to resign and my reasons for doing so.  By the time I hit the send button, they had blocked my email and everything and did not send me an email to say s ...

Just Resigned From Nuance.
May 01, 2012

I had to quit before I even started officially working there.  The problem was living with my daughter's family.  I only have satellite in the mountains and thought I could stay part-time with daughter's family and then come home on my days off.  I must have been crazy or totally unrealistic to think this would ever work.  I had to work at desk which right next to front door and of course all kinds of traffic all day long.  Teenagers too -- very noisy and total ...

Just Resigned Either I Am Paranoid Or I Have It Figured Out
Jun 14, 2010

I have worked for Medquist 7 years, started out 10 cents a line and I am Tier III ESL accounts.  Used to work for transcend before that.  We went to ASR and we were told to highlight and correct so we could "train" it.  We have been doing that for the C-Bay over in India through Spheris and Medquist who are owned by them in case you are new to this website.  Our loyalty and quality assurance has caused us to lose our jobs.  I resigned but I know a lot other well paid MT/ ...

Just Resigned, Feels Soooooo Right!
Feb 23, 2014

I finally had the moment I have been waiting for, for far too long.  I sent my resignation and I could not be happier.  I found a new opportunity and I am taking it.  No matter where it leads, it will be much better than working for this sweat-shop penile colony.  Good luck to you still here and do not give up, there is life after MModal (and some mental recuperation).  May God bless you all with YOUR opportunity.  ...

Resigned Thursday Night....
Jul 26, 2014

My part time job at a local pain clinic has gone full time - just finished my first full week - I was so happy to call my TSH and leave her a voice mail that for reasons beyond my control, I was resigning effective immediately.   (The reason - I've gone from $10 an hour to $17 an hour) -  There is no actual dictation - all I do is cut and paste from templates.  My new supervisor told me I'll be close to $20 an hour soon.  There is hope...  One thing for sure, I ...

Resigned From This Horrible Company!
May 31, 2015

I quit with NO notice 3 months ago and sent a scathing resignation letter, the BEST thing I ever did!!!  The letter I wrote was completely accurate, reason why I probably did not receive a response.  I am so grateful I was able to find a job 5 minutes from my home paying me an hourly rate of $15.00.  Does not sound like much but considering that my salary had steadily decreased with "Screwance", it's awesome!  No stress, no crappy emails letting me know I made an error, ...

To Any Keystrokes Full-timers Who Have Resigned
Apr 03, 2013

This may be a naive question, but, when you resigned from Keystrokes, did you get paid for any PTO that you had on the books?  I sure hate to give that time up.  Thanks in advance. ...

I Finally Get It....
Mar 02, 2010

After receiving the infamous "no jobs available" for the upteen time today, it finally hit me.  What an amazing way to get rid of MTs without really having to get rid of them on your own.  Drive the MTs insane with no work, yet keep them locked to their computers in the hope that a job might become available.  It feels kinda like playing the lottery....you know it's a waste of money and time, but just maybe you might win...ughh.  Why is it that our "professional" jo ...

Now I Finally Believe The End Is Near
Jun 06, 2011

I must admit I've been reading this board for years, never posted until now, partly due to the probably unsubstantiated paranoia going around awhile back that those who posted here got the ax first, silly I suppose, but I used to care about keeping this job and didn't want to take any chances.  Now, finally, I understand that I am fighting a losing battle, and I know longer give ******.  I've been reading about you guys with NJA for days on end, etc., etc., and I guess I ...

I Did It.....finally! Sm
Jul 05, 2011

I finally told MQ goodbye!  I finally got another contract job and they needed me to start pretty much immediately, so I quit without notice.  In a way I feel bad for resigning without a 2-week notice, but I figure MQ would not give me a 2-week notice if they were letting me go.  I wish all my MQ co-workers well and I hope you find happiness either with MQ or elsewhere.  God bless you all! ...

Finally!!
Jun 15, 2012

Never thought this day would get here, but I'm finally gone!! I feel such peace just to know that I won't have to stress anymore about everthing this industry has become: Horrible dictators, low pay, off-shoring, and VR. Bless everyone who is sticking it out until the very end. ...

I'm Finally Out!
Dec 01, 2012

Finally out.  I start a new job in-house on December 10 in a medical office.  Not MT, just answering some phones and setting up appointments.   And I get to wear scrubs.  I guess in the morning I'll be taking off one pair of pajamas and putting on another.  Don't lose hope friends.... ...

Finally, I Got A Better Job!
Dec 20, 2012

I can't tell you how happy I am.  I was literally dancing around the house.  DS thought I was out of my mind, and I kind of was.  I have been trying to get out from under this oppressive company for a long time now, and I finally have.  I wish everyone a happy holiday.  I'm happy to say I won't be posting here anymore.  I've moved on and I'm not looking back. Best of luck to everyone who is in the same position I was this time yesterday. &nb ...

Well I Finally Did It!
Jan 23, 2013

I finally went ahead and filed for partial U/E.  I know I'm not in as bad of a situation as many I read on this board but I just can't live like this anymore.  It's bad enough that our pay has been to sharply cut with VR but now when they don't give us any work to do it's worse.  It humiliated me at my age to have to do this for the first time in my life at 59 years of age but I did it.  ...

FINALLY OUT!!!
Feb 11, 2013

Friday is my last day transcribing at a company that is about to lay off 10-25 people!  Unforunately that company lost its biggest account, but fortunately my last 6 months of hard word has paid off and starting a new career alltogether with the local county!  I will continue to pray for you that you find work to be satisfied with and compensated accordingly.  I have typed for 15 years and it is hard to say goodbye considering it brought me through many hard times raising my two o ...

Finally Got Out Of MT
Jan 01, 2014

I just wanted really to say for those of you still hanging on, worried about work in the outside world, I finally got out about 3 months ago and I haven't been this happy in YEARS and to be exact in the last 12 years that I was an MT.  Working as an MT, I don't think I ever felt good enough, because I would be torn apart due to missing a comma or not being able to understand a term well enough to find it.  I was so stressed about money all of the time and even dreaded holiday ...

FINALLY G-O-N-E!
Apr 11, 2014

I HAVE FINALLY LEFT - WHAT A FEELING!  I AM ELATED TO GET OUT OF THIS PRISON. ...

Getting Out Of MT Finally! Sm
Aug 01, 2014

After 25 years I am getting out of this biz for good!!  I finally found other employment. May not be the best pay to start out with and some people would look it as an odd job for someone my age, but that is okay too!  I can't wait to start!!!! ...

Finally!
Sep 16, 2014

I have been (as some of you all have) trying to get out of this transcription "hell" for years!  I finally, finally landed another job!  It it outside of transcription.  Its with Verizon!  Finally!  I know no job is heaven, but at least I'll get a raise every year.....................and not have to wonder in agony what is going to happen today......................what are they going to take away from me today............will I be able to pay my bills, will there b ...

FINALLY!!!! A Job
Oct 10, 2014

I have been watching the boards for so many months. I was laid off almost a year ago and sent "oodles" upon "oodles" of resumes to every company I saw on this board, the other board, the job servers...You name it, I sent it.  I even did Craig's list. Some were kind enough to respond, some did not bother.  But I still plugged away.  My unemployment ran out in July and thank God we have been making do.  I answered an ad on Craig's list for something out of t ...

I Am Finally Out!! =)
Feb 20, 2015

I am finally no longer a medical transcriptionist!  No more stress!! No more crappy shifts, crappy dictators, crappy PMs!! No more accounts specs! No more anything!  I read on here all the time how people say you can do it! you can get out of the field and find something else but I never believed it!  Now I am!  I accepted a job with an answering service making good money, benefits, PTO, 401 my own hours and I can do it from home!  so ya it can be done people!! ...

Finally Got Out
Mar 25, 2015

After being laid off at an in house job when they went to point and click and spending 3 months looking outside MT for a job, I've landed a position as a medical records clerk.   ...

I Did It! I Finally Did It! Saying Goodbye To MT! (sm)
Oct 22, 2009

I was notified today that I have been chosen for a job with the local hospital - not doing transcription.  I finally get to say goodbye to no vacation, no sick pay, working 24/7, no pay increase, no recognition for a job well done, having to worry about my own taxes, and just everything that goes along with it, like the lying and back-stabbing from managers *** and owners ***, and having to deal with QA who says they follow BOS, but then makes things up as they go.  Its an 8 to 5 job ...

They Finally Noticed
Apr 29, 2010

My CCM finally called and left a message saying I hadn't been logging on and she would have to process termination if I didn't get in touch with her. "A phone call would be nice," I think is how she worded it. I didn't call her back.  I just sent her an email and told her to go right ahead and process termination, that I didn't call because I didn't feel that the Q deserved the courtesy of a call when they treat their MTs like trash. So I am officially free.  ...

MQ Has Finally Broken Me...
Sep 01, 2010

I was actually reduced to tears today with the bullying and threats from people of various departments.  Support acts as though we are stupid and below their level and the shipping department basically called me a liar, but in a nice way after their nastiness.  Due to my age, it will be hard finding a job but at this point, I will sweep floors rather than put up with those with big heads because of a meaningless title.  Then again, on second thought.....I am not leaving without a ...

Our ASR Is Finally Smarter Than A PA.
Feb 04, 2011

After months of having to change it, ASR is finally putting in palpation when the dictator says palpitation, as in tender to palpitation.  It's about time. ...

Getting Out Of MT Altogether Finally
Sep 14, 2011

I am finally tired of all the hoops you have to jump through to get a job only to find out your PC is incompatible anyway.  Plus when you are hired and asked if they can overnight the new-hire paperwork since you do not have a printer and they act like I am crazy for asking (after saying they could overnight it).  I am just so tired of it.  I just have to find something else..... ...