A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Fell for it.... - MT FLA

Posted: Nov 11, 2011

Well, I fell for it hook, line, and sinker.  Saw the ad on MT Jobs.  Did the pre-evaluaiton test for the company called Cognition Health Partner.  It even had my hometown as their location so I jumped on it.  Then when I finished the test and the message said I did not meet minimum score and then a recommendation to receive more training and a suggestion to try Career Step, I knew I had been fooled.  I thought it was too good to be true that a transcrpition company was a few blocks from my house.  But it's still strange how they happened to pick this unknown of small beach town. 

Don't feel bad.... - MT FLA 2

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd probably fell for it too. It's hard to find a decent company to work for. I've applied to 10 in the past 3 weeks.

Don't think it is the company, it is mttest itself, it is - BOGUS

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a thread below that talks about the problem being mttest site itself. CMTs with years of experience don't pass it. The sad thing is many good companies are using this for preemployment testing. I took a test by mttest and copied the answers using print screen into a word doc as I went along, then rechecked them again after told I didn't pass it and only missed 1, so this is a scam, presumably for Career Steps to get some business! We need to let the companies using mttest know about it actually.

So, don't beat yourself up-it is the test!

I agree about MTTest - Maggie May

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been an MT for over 8 years. I graduated from Career Step with honors. Yet MTTest told me I didn't pass the first part of the test (I LOOKED EVERYTHING UP!) and didn't even let me get to the transcription portion, but suggested I contact Career Step for training!

Yes, this was what I was talking about below.... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
when I commented under the Wordzxpressed posting about MTTest and supposedly the "owner" of that MTSO said they review the tests themselves, but still you have to get to the end before they can "review" the test and MTTest just does not let that happen. Wordz just does not understand that and got very defensive about it. It is not the MTs fault. I took it personal for a while until I found out others were experiencing this type of thing, as well. I will not take an MTTest no matter what company is using it. and the Wordz ad sounded just right for me. sad.
Again, we the MTs are the only ones that can change this by refusing - DONE WITH THIS TEST!
[ In Reply To ..]
to take mttest.com - this is just a way for Career Step to get more business and most definitely is NOT accurate. I am sure they tell the MTSOs how accurate and wonderful the test is and make all kinds of promises, but it isn't so.

About the post that the MTSO said they review it themselves, that is a lie. If you get a message after the question section and don't even get to the transcription part of the test because you get a message that you didn't pass-they (MTSO) don't even see that-you are just kicked out as failed. They get the names who pass-that's it! Just try and get a copy of the test if you fail-you won't by some excuse cause they don't have it.

So, we as MTs need to once again stand up and refuse to take this ridiculous test and demand something that is fair and accurate. Tell the recruiters what happens, send an email back to who you applied to after you fail and tell them about it. Perhaps, the MTSOs don't even realize it.

Again, we have to stand up as MTs and fix this problem for our future, however, that probably will not happen as nothing else ever has, just a lot of complaining.

FOR INSTANCE, how many of you signed the petition to keep our jobs in America- 58 of you that's how many-PATHETIC! You can't even take a minute or two to go to a website, sign up, and sign a petition to keep your job-but you have plenty of time to come on here and complain don't you!

I (CMT 22 yr) don't bother to take this test and just have to chalk off whatever job I would apply for even if it is perfect for me in my eyes-SAD!

Unfortunately, 2 out of 3 (don't know about MQ) of the biggest companies use mttest.com-so, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!
Not the MT's fault but it IS the fault of the companies that use fake tests - that are really come-on ads
[ In Reply To ..]
The way you describe it, it sounds like a come-on ad, which is illegal in most states. It's similar to advertising that you want to hire an Administrative Assistant, but when they arrive for the interview, the job has been filled (never really existed), but we have a product or service you might want to buy from us. That's illegal.
How would the company know? they could get 1000 passed tests while 3000 - SUPPOSEDLY failed and did not get seen.
[ In Reply To ..]
Send a copy of the test to the company, even the failed notice. MTTest and the schools are taking advantage of BOTH the MTs taking their test and the companies who use that site for screening. They have one foot in a bucket of grapes making wine and the other in bucket of doo-doo.

Talk about unethical.
How about writing down the questions and your - answers, and using that SM
[ In Reply To ..]
to show a perspective employer that your answers are correct. I realize a lot of these companies don't want phone calls, etc. Just a thought. I have never taken that test so I am not sure about this.
I made it to the end of the test, so perhaps the issue is really - with the person taking the test, sm
[ In Reply To ..]
But it sounds nice to all of those who didn't pass either to be able to blame it on someone or something else other than themselves.
oh puh-lease. Dig much? - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Looks like a reality check - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
How did you do on the rest of the tests/interview? - MT FLA
[ In Reply To ..]
And were you offered a job? If so, hats off to you.
I made it to the end also sm - hound dog
[ In Reply To ..]
There were some questions right off the bat I thought I knew but just for the heck of it I referenced it and found I was wrong. There were a few tricky ones in there I must admit. I hope I get a call because I need a big change after 15 years of where I am now.

Thought it was me - Jay

[ In Reply To ..]
I took many of these tests too and thought wow I have been doing this for 13+ years and can't pass a simple test. Even rethinking going into another profession. Glad to know info on this. This is not good.

Predatory advertising should be illegal! (nm) - Meerkat

[ In Reply To ..]

yes it should, but don't think internet has any regulations. - and it should. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

LMAO! Like the "no-spam" laws?! - Scholar

[ In Reply To ..]
You can see how effective the "no-spam" laws are, right? Because NOBODY gets ANY spam since their passage.

Then there were the EPA regs that would have prohibited the drilling of Deep Water Horizon. Of course, the Obama administration managed to BYPASS those regs. Then we had the Gulf of Mexico DISASTER as a result.

ANY regulations are ONLY as good as their enforcement. We have SELECTIVE ENFORCEMENT in our FASCIST nation.
and that is the problem. (whatever) - scholarized NM
[ In Reply To ..]
Spam laws are like MT who thinks lots of letters will - change way MTSO does business.
[ In Reply To ..]
Useless.
not interested in spam. they are keeping you from potential employment - comitting fraud 75% of the time. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
Linear thinking caused you to miss the point entirely. - Scholar
[ In Reply To ..]
Spam was NOT the point. You completely missed it.

internet regulations info - anonname

[ In Reply To ..]
interesting read ---

http://websearch.about.com/od/whatistheinternet/a/internetrules.htm

I highly doubt the conspiracy a handful of you have created. The right answers would have - gotten you through to the end, nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Ask the company for your results, I'm sure they can provide them, then you will not - have to assume you passed

[ In Reply To ..]
and were scammed somehow.

Many of us HAVE asked for the results.... - alias

[ In Reply To ..]
and we have been told no. they will not give us the results of the test. that too, is suspicious. Wait until it happens to you, then you will understand that it is not always the MTs fault. boo.

Similar Messages:

Drug Sounds Like "vernan A Fell" Or "run An A Fell"
Oct 14, 2011

Acyclovir, Azithromycin, Bactrim, Fluconazole, Lortab, Omeprazole, Terazosin, Tetracycline, "vrenanafel", Zolpidem, Multivitamin. ...

Fell Off The Grid....
Feb 12, 2015

This is the first time on this new pay plan that I've fallen below 99%.  I have had two reports audited so far.  Usually I have three or four, so maybe there is still hope.  The two reports I have had audited each had a tiny 0.25 point error -- enough to drop me down to a 98.75!!  ~sigh~ ...

WHERE Is TTS? It Appears As Though They Fell Off The Planet!!!
Jul 29, 2011

Applied, was offered a position and NEVER heard another word.  Emailed and left message for recruiter and no acknowledgement that they ever existed.  Did I dream this?  It was just last week? ...

Dictator Fell Asleep
Jan 15, 2013

Just had a report where the dictator fell asleep and started snoring! ...

He Fell While Snowboarding And Suffered An Impact And ....
Jan 02, 2013

*foos* type mechanism onto the left hand and wrist. Review of x-rays a small cortical breach of the radius or the perhaps ulna.   ...

He Fell On His Pacemaker Recently And Bruised His Face?
Dec 03, 2009

He fell on his pacemaker recently and bruised his face?? That's what she said, but it sounds strange to me.  Would you leave it as is? ...

Help! Medication S/l Dompivil??? Patient Is Elderly And Fell Sm
Apr 14, 2012

really not much medical history accept a pacemaker. ...

Nuance MT Compensation...fell Out Of My Chair Laughing!
Dec 19, 2014

This is their "official" statement I found about their wonderful platform and the ability of MTs to increase their compensation up to 100%!!!  Wow!!!  Spitting my coke all over the computer screen    http://www.nuance.com/for-healthcare/resources/mt-compensation/index.htm ...

Friend Of Mine Fell For One Of Those "BIG BUCKS (MT-ing) FROM HOME" Ads
Mar 05, 2010

So she signed up for this teach yourself transcription course, captured and enraptured by all its 'carnival barking' about the money, the prestige, and the convenience of working at home and being your own (uh-huh) boss...offering the world on a platter and stopping just shy of suggesting she could meet/marry a doctor.   Flashcards in a box.  Albeit medical words...but...flashcards in a box.     ...

Have You Ever Had A New Job "in The Bag" That Fell Through?
Dec 19, 2011

Today a job that I had high hopes for and my heart set on -- that had been offered to me -- unfortunately fell through today. Have this ever happened to you?  If so, what happened? I am still very upset but will post my story after reading the others.  Maybe mine won't be too bad by comparison so I'll feel better.  ...