A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Grammar checker? But we have to do verbatim. - minimum wage

Posted: Apr 17, 2013

Plus more corrections to ASR. Oh goody.

You know who that's *really* for the benefit/need of. - no English 101 for the ILPs

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

That is exactly what I thought. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

So, Do I Go With Verbatim (verbatim Account) Or Leave A Blank If
Nov 19, 2010

the doctor is dead wrong about his anatomy? The patient has a problem with his foot and leg, but he dictates ulna. I wouldn't give it a second thought to leaving it blank, but I already got notice about documents with blanks (usually 1-2 blanks if any, and anymore than 3, to QA). Hmm... go with what is right or what is the least path of resistance (i.e. least likely punishment) BTW - The document I sent yesterday with 4 blanks to QA, they couldn't fill them in either. Shesh, the ...

Question About Verbatim... How Far Are We Supposed To Go With Verbatim?
Nov 19, 2014

The reason I ask is because this morning I'm doing an acute care progress note where the dictator says "The patient has end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and she is still sounding pretty crappy and congested."  I absolutely refuse to use the word "crappy" in a medical document if it is not within the context of a direct quote from the patient, i.e. "I feel pretty crappy..."  So I decided to omit crappy and just say "she is still sounding pretty congested."  QA w ...

Spell Checker
Jul 01, 2014

Does anyone know where i can get a free demo or cheap spellchecker ASAP? Thanks ...

Medical Spell Checker - Most Useful?
Dec 14, 2009

What medical spell checker do y'all find most useful? What references do you like to have in hardcopy at your fingertips?   Maple Grandma ...

FACT CHECKER = WMX MANAGEMENT
Sep 02, 2010

Too late.  Too bad you didn't treat people better when this happened.  It's too late now, your reputation is ruined.  Your company will soon be history.  Then come back and let us know how all that rah-rah cheerleading is workin' for ya! ...

What Expander To Use With DQS And Spell Checker Please?
Sep 10, 2010

Can someone tell me what expander to use with DQS and spell checker please? Are these built in?  Thanks! ...

Stedmans Spell Checker
Nov 09, 2010

question, got a different work computer that runs vista and word 2007. I'm looking for an affordable place to get a Stedman's dictionary download. any advice? ...

Stedman's Spell Checker
Jun 10, 2013

I have had Stedman's Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker installed in my computer for a few years now.  As of this morning, it is not working, not highlighting misspelled words, etc.  I have tried reinstalling.  It shows installed.  I have tried rebooting.  What else can I do? ...

Medical Spell Checker
Jun 10, 2015

Hello Everyone, I'm looking for a really good medical spell checker at a responsible price or free (LOL).  Would love some suggestions. Thanks in advance for the suggestions. ...

MS Word And Stedman's Spell Checker
Jul 16, 2010

HELP!  MS Word is not recognizing Stedmans as my spell checker, so all med words are red underlined.  I tried restoring my computer to prior week, and tried using an old version of normal.dot        Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I use Smartype and that is fine, it's just my spell checker.  It has apparently reverted to the spell checker that comes standard with Word.   I have been using this computer and this setup f ...

Fact Checker - Those Of Us Who Have Read These Boards
Sep 02, 2010

for a while know you must be "that guy" whose responsibility it is to come here and do damage control.  Whenever something big happens in a company or an MT gets a raw deal, there is always someone who attaches themselves to a thread to blame the MT - obviously their quality sucked or clearly they didn't show up for work or everyone else is getting laid off so why not you. Here's the thing - we see you a mile away. The fact that you randomly decided to show up on the boards  ...

Medical Spell Checker Question
Oct 25, 2011

I have incorporated a medical dictionary into my Word custom dictionary, plus any new words are added into my shorthand program.  I've noticed some companies require you have a medical spell checker.  Any suggestions on a good program to purchase? ...

Best Med/Pharm Spell Checker Software
Nov 25, 2013

Can anyone tell me what is the best medical and pharmacy spell check software to use with Windows 7/MS Word 2010 / Also, does anyone know if the eScription platform comes with its own spell check or any sort of on-line references for terminology. TIA ! ...

Opinions On Inductel Spell Checker
Feb 15, 2014

Starting a new position and spell checker software is required.  She said that the brand doesn't matter so much as having one.  I used Stedman's in my old position, but it belonged to the company.  I know it isn't Stedman's, which I will be getting soon, but is the Inductel spell checker sufficient to get me through the first pay period until I purchase the Stedman's? ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Free Medical Spell Checker?
Nov 09, 2009

I recently got a new computer & have had quite a time getting all my transcription software transferred over; the only thing I am unable to transfer is my medical spellcheck.  I have used Stedmann's for sometime now but went on their site and it is $100 to purchase it.  The version I have on a disc is not supported by Vista :( Does anyone know of any other good medical spell checkers out there that are free?? ...

Looking For A Good Medical Dictionary / Spell Checker
Oct 26, 2010

I know this has been discussed in the past, but my search did not bring up any current threads so I'm asking again, just in case anything has changed, etc., since the old posts. I am looking for a good medical dictionary/spell checker.  What is your preference? THANKS!!  ...

Medical Spell Checker And Line Counting Software
Dec 29, 2010

I am a new MT graduate and am searching for a good medical spell checker software that includes line counting, as well as being reasonably priced.  Any recommendations?  I've checked some websites, but am still unsure. Thank you for your help. LM ...

Docqscribe Error Message Could Not Deploy Installation Version Checker
May 24, 2011

Hi Everybody.  I am trying to load DocQScribe on my home laptop running Windows 7.  I have followed advice posted by Nan, but I get the error message "Could not deploy installation version checker." Any help regarding how to get this software up and running would be appreciated.  Thanks, Rob  ...

Verbatim??
Jul 26, 2012

This is EXACTLY how it was dictated: I cleansed the skin with alcohol from her prior visit (LONG PAUSE) I do remember patient having a very low pain tolerance. That's pretty unsanitary to use alcohol from the prior visit, don't ya think? LOL ...

What Does Verbatim Mean In VR Reports?
Oct 01, 2010

This is almost/sort of a poll. I need to know what verbatim means to you in VR. Do you change any wording? My understanding of verbatim is word-for-word (Merriam-Webster dictionary) unless a sentence does not have proper structure; if the doctor rambles on and puts the word 'and' between words where there should be a period, etc.  (Not included in this is changing mg to mcg in a wrong dosage, changing the medication itself if wrong, or other major medical erros&nbs ...

Which Verbatim Is It? Your's, Mine Or Their's?
Oct 30, 2010

Just worked on an ESL report (with unfortunately for me very, very, very little English).  This is a VERBATIM account.  Sent it to QA and it was "transformed" into English with little regard for that pesky word VERBATIM.  Does verbatim mean different things to different people? ...

Testing... Verbatim?
Jan 15, 2011

If not specified, is it better when taking an employment test to type verbatim or to follow transcription rules? Not asking for a specific test or company, I have just noticed that often times no instructions are given, and I don't know whether they are looking for following transcription/AHDI rules or just running the test next to a template in the system. ...

What Would You Do? Verbatim Acct. Doc Says, Sm
May 23, 2012

lisinopril/HCTZ 20/125.  I'm sure she meant 12.5 but she clearly says 125.  I don't want to leave a blank as I get penalized.  I'm thinking to just do as I know and put 12.5.... ...

Verbatim Transcription
Jul 16, 2012

Hi everyone I may be getting a job which is a verbatim account.  I have not done that much verbatim work and I was wondering, are there any tips I need to know about doing such an account ?  I realize that verbatim means exactly the same words but if any of you have any tips typing verbatim I would really appreciate it.  Thank you in advance and I hope everyone has a great week.  ...

Help! Verbatim Acct And In PMH The Doc Says, Sm
Mar 26, 2013

significant for hypOtension and a few diagnoses down from that hypeRtension.  I would leave it a blank if it did not cost me money but not sure she meant the hypOtension.  She repeats herself alot but she clearly says hypOtension.  It's a guessing game! ...

Verbatim And Heading
Sep 13, 2013

AHDI has stated "that obvious headings that are not dictated may be inserted but this is not required."  Does anyone know if this applicable in verbatim accounts?  Has AHDI issued any new or different rules in regards to verbatim account? ...

Verbatim And Account Specifics
Oct 27, 2009

Is it me or what - I was always told to follow account spec and make sure I didn't use the forbidden JCAHO abbreviations. Lately if I look at an old report to get a slurred/muffled word that I can't make heads or tails out of, I've noticed that others on my same account don't follow the specs at all! They do everything verbatim. It totally upsets me.  I noticed it a while back and put it down to a new employee not yet knowing all the specs, but it wasn't as ba ...

Help! Verbatim Acct, Doc Says Pip Tazobactam
Oct 30, 2009

would you just put pip-tazobactam?? I'm also thinking she made a mistake saying pip which I know is piperacillin.  Thanks so much! ...

Anyone Get Hired For The Verbatim Insurance Job
Jul 28, 2010

How are you liking it so far? ...

Verbatim Accounts And Headings
Dec 09, 2010

I have all verbatim-verbatim accounts and only just now learned that we have to change what the dictator says and change it to an "approved heading."  I was once told this only pertained to non-verbatim accounts, but was just corrected.  I was told that ALL OF THE CHECKED headings in the headings pane must be included in the document.  If the doctor says procedure, you must put in an approved heading into the standard changing what he says if in the approved headings list it says ...