A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Check it out-Fox News is having a special at 2:30 EST today about - Astonishing!

Posted: Sep 27, 2011

the government having access to our medical records and how they shouldn't have that right to our personal information and that it is confidential according to HIPPA, also stating what if Wikileaks or somebody exposes the information and what that could mean.  DUH-what about all the records that go to India, what about HIPPA regulations for that, what about confidentiality on that, what about illegal on that, what about loss of US jobs on that!  I think it is time to write to Bill O'Reilly and get him on the case!

Can somebody good at writing memos, write something that we could all send to FOX News?

Where do I sign! sm - Scoobie-Doobie

[ In Reply To ..]
I will make the time and energy to do whatever is necessary for the cause!

We did contact Fox - CardioMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Several weeks ago my partner on my full time job and I sent a letter to Glenn Beck and O'Reilly asking them if they knew that medical records from the US went overseas to India for transcription and how US transcriptions were out of jobs and paid peanuts to transcribe and know more than the MDs..... no answer.... I believe the more MTs that contact them as we did would REALLY bring their attention... not just 2 US MTs contacting them... send emails gals...there is power in numbers....

I emailed a very brief note to Fox news through their website - AnaPhylaxis

[ In Reply To ..]
Although due to the time, I'm not sure it will reach anyone before the story airs. Hopefully, they will do a follow-up.

And, considering the lack of any response in this thread, hopefully more than just 1 or 2 of us took the initiative to say something besides just empty words in threads on this forum.

This is what we sent to Glenn Beck - CardioMT

[ In Reply To ..]
We are writing to you as 2 United States medical transcriptionists. When an American company closes their doors it seems to be news. We are the silent majority (a group of American woman who are extensively trained to produce accurate medical records). This job was once a career that could produce a working, livable wage for families.

A recent trend has been to send the transcription of YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS to India and other third world countries increasing the risk of identity theft as all of your personal information is accessible. This leaves your American transcriptionists at times with no work or in a precarious situation having their income reduced by half, as these third-world folks will work for pennies per line and it is big business over there.

Here's the dirty little secret..... our government is offering reimbursement or tax relief for electronic medical records but in essence it is destroying the medical transcriptionist as a whole in America. Hospitals are given this incentive to transition to electronic medical records through the US government, but this just enables them to cut their costs and employ foreign transcriptionists as we compete globally. By outsourcing our jobs the medical transcriptionist will become a minimal wage industry or completely extinct from American workers.

Healthcare dollars are paid for by premiums from Americans, from government subsidies and treated at American hospitals, so why are we not paying the American medical transcriptionist to do this work so they can be productive, self-sustaining tax-paying Americans.

We know you champion for American people and our hope is you will champion for the American medical transcriptionists and let our voices be heard.....

I'm sending it now! nm - Scoobie-Doobie

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Nicely written. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm also putting together something that I will send to Joe Kernan et al on CNBC (Squawk Box show), and perhaps even to the Daily Show.

Is India still a 3rd world country? What about MT to Canada? Why only mention - female transcriptionists? Thanks for your action!

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

FOX News debate-medical confidentiality email - Fighting chance!

[ In Reply To ..]
Here is an email that I sent today to Megan Kelly and Bill O'Reilly at Fox News regarding medical confidentiality after seeing the piece Megan Kelly had on today. Just copy and paste into an email and send to: kelly@foxnews.com and oreilly@foxnews.com or go through the Fox News website for each. Every single MT/QA in this profession should be sending something!

Megan/Bill, after watching the FOX News program today debating the issue of our US government having access to our medical records, my thoughts are what about US transcription services sending our medical records over to India to be transcribed and processed. Three issues immediately come to mind, to name a few concerns: 1) Do most people even realize where their medical information is going? 2) Is that a HIPPA violation of our rights of privacy, and 3) What impact does this have on US unemployment?

Lou Dobbs - dmz

[ In Reply To ..]
That is who you need to contact at Fox - he has a way of getting things to the front and center in a very short period of time. I am going to shoot him an email right now.

I hope HIPAA was spelled correctly in the message you sent. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Is there a link or transcript of this somewhere? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
(Of the Fox program. I would like to send a letter to our area newspapers regarding the problem and want to have all my ducks in a row. Also, are there links to examples of HIPAA violations on outsourced medical records somewhere?
Thanks.

EMR and job loss - Made in America/Typed by Humans

[ In Reply To ..]
I was talking to a neighbor and she said that her doc did not know how to put something into the EMR, and so he put something "close". Does anyone have any examples or links regarding errors made via EMR regarding patient care? Are there examples of SR/VR critical errors? Who is reviewing the EMR records for accuracy?

You don't really believe they are going to help. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Offshoring is the only thing both parties agree on. The media ignores the subject and will not cast attention to it at all.

Our leaders are globalists. You are wasting your time. It is to the corporations advantage to offshore our work, so the GOP especially is not going to help you.

Surely you realize that the GOP and Democrats are in bed together.

Maybe they won't help, but I feel better sending an email - Astonished!

[ In Reply To ..]
to whomever I can rather than just sitting here and complaining about it and doing nothing where for sure nothing will change if we all take that kind of attitude! I think I will make a copy of my email and send it to all the news people I can find!

Like - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Also astonished.

It still won't work as no one can fight the global effort. - Knock yourself out

[ In Reply To ..]
Even David Rockefeller admits his part openly in the global economy because they are past the point that anyone can do anything about it. We truly are a One World Society now, the Beast Government has already taken over, and there is nothing we can do about it.
Yep...I'll continue to "knock myself out" too..... - Apathy is exactly the reason this country is in th
[ In Reply To ..]
and I'll speak up and speak out every chance I get until the day I die. Americans sat back chanting, "It'll be alright....it'll be okay" for so long now, wallowing in the cess pool of apathy and helplessness. Like the OP said, we're past the point...but maybe, just maybe, one or two voices can become three or four and so forth. I refuse to believe we cannot change this back around. JMHO.
not apathy...loss of the middle class - L&L
[ In Reply To ..]
and ownership of 99% of the economy by 1% of the popultation, i.e., the plurality, we are living in, is what is wrong. Don't delude yourself that you matter anymore.
sorry...plutocracy (way too late for me) n/m - L&L
[ In Reply To ..]
x

NAFTA was the beginning of the end of this country. sm - Scoobie-Doobie

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, Ross Perot, I can hear "the giant sucking sound."

Sad.

The unions warned us, but we didn't listen. - theyareallcorrupt

[ In Reply To ..]
Besides Obama's bowing down to Wall Street and Clinton's implementation of NAFTA, we can see that the democrats are only lackeys of the GOP. Division of issues 50-50 between 2 parties is their way of controlling public opinion. They can tip the scales of public opinion in any direction they want, and you are right, Ross Perot was a spoiler to get Clinton elected.

NAFTA isn't as big a contributor to job loss - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
as the tax code is. Unemployment dropped and stayed down after the passage of NAFTA. Another thing that contributed greatly to outsourcing was the tech bubble. Companies just stopped paying the high salaries here as they could get the same talent overseas for a lot less. But - this is turning into a thread for the Politics board.
Congrats to those who did... - CardioMT
[ In Reply To ..]
We can complain here, complain to ourselves, complain to any and all who will listen... Maybe this will bring some attention to our plight by doing this... maybe it will not but if we don't try... we will never know. I agree this is getting more for the political board. I just sent to John Stossel at Fox the same email as above...and I will keep trying to gain someone's attention who can at least make people aware. I listened to Governor Criste last night and this is basically what he said our government needs to do LISTEN to the citizens... thanks....

JMO, but I bet that Fox news is doing this just - to oppose Obamacare SM

[ In Reply To ..]
nothing more, nothing less. Do you think they really care about people's privacy issues?

WRONG board. This whole thread should be on the Offshore Concerns. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Nice Special Bonus Today
Dec 11, 2014

We have such high backlogs they are offering a special bonus of 10 bucks per hour extra on top of your regular pay to work OT today.  ...

Anyone Know What The "special News" Is Re: OT For This Weekend?
Feb 13, 2014

I'd like to know before I say "yes." ...

The Following News Just Released Today About WMX.
Sep 04, 2010

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/199845.php ...

Nuance In The News Today
Oct 20, 2014

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nuance-and-eclinicalworks-support-ama-guidelines-with-new-voice-enabled-mobile-apps-2014-10-20?reflink=MW_news_stmp ...

Today Is My First Day Back Working Since The News, And ...
Mar 10, 2014

I took the entire weekend in silence and did a lot of thinking, and made some decisions.  One thing that I know for sure about myself is that this bankruptcy issue is the END for me.  I've felt the end was coming, with the 99.6% requirement, and then even more so with the 99.7% requirement, but working for a company who requires more of ME than it does of ITSELF is a complete deal-breaker.  I won't work for a company that doesn't pay its bills - because that puts u ...

Any News As To What The Spheris Conference Calls Are About Today?
Mar 11, 2010

anyone had theirs yet?   ...

Soo, Check Out What My New GP Said To Me Today
Oct 10, 2013

I meet my new doc and go through the routine "things" So do you work? Yes medical transcription.. Really you guys still exist? How is that? everything is on this Electronic Medical Record, Seriously, who do you work for? Told her said, said I'm not too worried I do hospital transcription. She said you need to find another job, you have about 2 years left and you will be replaced. The doctors are starting to have "scribes" or medical students follow them and do the records for them. S ...

“exciting” News In The Link Today
May 15, 2014

Hasn’t anyone read their emails and seen the “exciting” news in the Link today??  “….new compensation structure to be simple to understand, transparent, competitive, to be effective around 10/1….”  Translate:Simple to understand = unable to be calculated by MT Transparent = we all make the same regardless of experience Competitive = MTSOs battle each other to pay the lowest rates Sounds like another pay cut is in the work ...

Transolutions--applied And Tested--no News Good News? Anyone Else Heard? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

Our BOB Is Special. LOL
Nov 19, 2013

Our group has been "chosen" to do the 'quality improvement' program. At least I get to spend 1-1/2 hours on NJA Thanksgiving. We all know every BOB group will have to do it. Guess the do not realize we do communicate with each other. ...

Anyone Else Get This??? Special Announcement
Jan 18, 2013

There is an important announcement being made Monday, January 01/21/2013. Please attend... ...

Does MQ Have Something Called Special Teams? SM
Apr 08, 2010

Group of MTs who go from account to account to help out if there is a backlog, JACHO or what have you?  You can tell if they're on your account because you keep getting the trashy doctors. I suppose you'll say the easy stuff is sent to India, but I'm just wondering.  I work for Spheris, so just thought I would ask.  Wonder how all of this is going to play out. Thanks. ...

Purchasing Their Special Computer
Jul 26, 2010

Just hired by company that is requiring me to purchase their "specially build computer" to do the account they need done = Cost $340.  Of course, I have already have a computer because I work from home. Any Feed back on this?  I need this second job to pay bills.  Thank you for your input. Hannah ...

A Special Thanks To Amanda.....I So Appreciate A Dependable MT
Jul 24, 2012

Thank you so much Amanda for always being there to help me.... I tell you in emails but just want to say in public how much I appreciate your help! So nice to have a dependable MT! ...

Special Announcement Followup
Jan 21, 2013

The big special announcement was our TCM was moving back into her previous roll of QA coach - bringing in a new TCM.   No lost accounts, no jobs cut, no pay cuts... all positives... ...

Do Acute Care MTs Do ER Reports Or Are There Special
Mar 20, 2010

nm ...

Special Testing/shoulder Exam
Nov 07, 2012

Is there an FAR or FAIR special test for shoulder derangement? Seems as though I heard of this once but cannot find it now in any of my resources or online. Thanks ...

Social Or Special Screening Of Colon
Dec 18, 2013

I can't understand if the doctor is saying: Social Screening of Colon or Special Screening of Colon ...

NEED A Pathology Immunostain List W/Special Stains.
May 04, 2013

Does anyone have a pathology stain list that they could email me? I would really appreciate it. I need it to have the correct case letters... I seem to only find lists where every stain is capitalized. ...

Sticky Notes To Remember Special Specifications??
May 20, 2013

The person who wrote the first essay must get to work on the same accounts. I used to make a sheet with the basic CPs and special instructions because the CPs are so poorly written, generally speaking, but every time I would get my sheets complete, the account would disappear. After 2 rounds of that, I quit making these summary sheets. I get so many different accounts now that I never get a chance to become familiar with the CP or dictator. So, I just take the time to take whatever mangled, p ...

Nuance - Escription - "Special" Foot Pedal
Jul 11, 2013

Hi!! We had our meeting at the hospital today with Nuance about being onboarded with them. We were told by HR that the hospital will let us keep the computers we have been working on, but that Nuance will be sending us the "special" Escription foot pedals. Is this true? I have never worked on Escription before. Does it require its own pedal? I am so heartsick about this transition but at this time, I have no other options. I am going to go into this with the thought of doing my work, ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Is It Check Rein, Check-rein, Or Checkrein Ligaments
Sep 19, 2011

NM ...

Big ASR News
Jan 27, 2010

I opened a ticket yesterday for ASR, asking them to have H and H expand out to hemoglobin and hematocrit for my account, and less than 24 hours I got a message saying it was done! Unbelievable.    Seems crazy we would all have to do this, but if we all do this, maybe some positive change could actually come.    I gave them the account, an internal job number, and my contact number and just stated what the problem was.  My understanding is this was corrected for this ...

More Bad News For MQ MT/MEs
Jan 29, 2010

I got the below link from my MQ Google Alert.  If Speris tanks, there's gonna be a ton of MQs scrambling for jobs.  I'm sure the Q will see this as the perfect opportunity to cut our salaries again as we fear for our jobs. http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/02/01/story1.html?b=1265000400%5E2811471 ...

I've Got News For Everyone
Jul 10, 2011

Most of the companies are paying 8 cpl for transcription and 4 cpl for editing.  MQ is not going to stop until they reach that rate even though they may do it gradually as they have been doing. ...

ST MTs, Any News Yet??
Jun 07, 2012

Has anyone heard anything further about the work (or lack of) situation?  Was really low this pay period. ...

CCS News
Sep 02, 2012

Check out the new eligibility requirements for sitting for the CCS that will go into effect on January 1, 2013.  No longer just a high school diploma.  : http://www.ahima.org/downloads/pdfs/certification/Candidate_Guide.pdf   ...

ANY NEWS
Jul 07, 2013

Curious. ...