A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone know what the "special news" is re: OT for this weekend? - curious

Posted: Feb 13, 2014

I'd like to know before I say "yes."

"special news" for OT - wagesraped

[ In Reply To ..]
didnt hear of "special news" but my 6th new TSM is sending out emails with current PTO requests that must be covered by another MTs OT, and to keep in mind this when we want our PTO. so what is up with that? PTO was never contingent on other people working OT in the past.

also, anybody notice spark spies on you and knows when you are not touching the keys after a min or 2? try it, watch the little clock show up. i dont use spark since i noticed that.

What little clock for spark? - Where exactly? (SM)

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't like the sounds of this.

clock for spark? - Where exactly - wagesraped

[ In Reply To ..]
in the task bar near the shield, java, volume, all-seeing eye, etc., if you stay off your keyboard for a few, it turns to a clock, like the "away" sign but disappears the min you touch your keys again.

and this is why we absolutely MUST be in spark, so they can monitor keyboard movement, at least i think so. could be wrong.
Very, very observant of you. - Person who asked the question.
[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder what will happen if we don't spark in every day. Maybe this is why my TSM is never on spark, so as not to be monitored. Thank you for being so observant and for sharing this with us!!
I haven't turned spark on for months ..... - mt2
[ In Reply To ..]
and no one has said a thing to me. I also noticed the "clock" AND that my TM never is on there.
Spark - zoeysmom
[ In Reply To ..]
My TSM is always on there and they contact me using it at least once or twice a week so I have to be on it, but I have noticed the clock too and wondered about it.
I never got it to work right and have never been on it either. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Spark spys - Being clocked on
[ In Reply To ..]
I will never turn this on again. I haven't in weeks and NEVER will again. They are using it to spy on us. The 1st time I noticed that clock I was outta there!
Oh, please. They're not spying. By default Spark is set to - a few minutes inactivity before it
[ In Reply To ..]
shows you away. You can set the number of minutes to whatever you want under Spark, preferences, login. It sets you to away if you're not actively using the Sparks screen, not your keyboard in general.
to OH Please - CJ
[ In Reply To ..]
The preferences will allow you to change the inactivity time before the clock shows up, but once you close out preferences it AUTOMATICALLY defaults to what Nuance has set it at. So there really is no control in preferences. Already tried it.
It works. Make sure you hit apply. In any event, the "clcock" - is simply away. It only relates to
[ In Reply To ..]
Spark, not your other programs. Obviously, you're not going to be actively IM'ing throughout your shift or every minute, so it moving to nonactive or "away" really isn't a big deal.
Oh please - not pleased
[ In Reply To ..]
Bull pucky! I was not on the spark screen when mine came on so either you don't know what your talking about or your just a bald face liar.
I believe the transcription program monitors your keyboard time--sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
They do not need spark to do that. There is an indicator if the TL sends out those graphs with production, etc. They do not need Spark to keep track of keyboard time. My guess is that most of the biggies can keep track of keyboard time with their programs (I know there was a similar indicator when I was with Spheris too).
Also, you can make the 'clock' disappear just by moving your mouse.... - Fading fast
[ In Reply To ..]
Spark secret clock - Raped
[ In Reply To ..]
You are SO right on that. That little flame on the task bar pops up with a clock in it. I noticed the 1st time I went to the bathroom and came back. That clock was there. Pretty soon they will want me to take a video of myself shitting so they can be sure that is what I was doing when I stepped away for a few minutes. I saw something in there about video so that is probably their next step, lol. Maybe after that they will go to smellavision so they can be sure we were not taking longer with #1 than we should have. What a travesty it would be should we claim we made #2 and it was only #1!!!

disabling the "clock" - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Good grief guys. Go into preferences and go into the login section. Unselect "idle enabled" and the little "away" clock won't show up when you idle. DONE

Similar Messages:

Check It Out-Fox News Is Having A Special At 2:30 EST Today About
Sep 27, 2011

the government having access to our medical records and how they shouldn't have that right to our personal information and that it is confidential according to HIPPA, also stating what if Wikileaks or somebody exposes the information and what that could mean.  DUH-what about all the records that go to India, what about HIPPA regulations for that, what about confidentiality on that, what about illegal on that, what about loss of US jobs on that!  I think it is time to write to Bill ...

Transolutions--applied And Tested--no News Good News? Anyone Else Heard? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

Our BOB Is Special. LOL
Nov 19, 2013

Our group has been "chosen" to do the 'quality improvement' program. At least I get to spend 1-1/2 hours on NJA Thanksgiving. We all know every BOB group will have to do it. Guess the do not realize we do communicate with each other. ...

Anyone Else Get This??? Special Announcement
Jan 18, 2013

There is an important announcement being made Monday, January 01/21/2013. Please attend... ...

Does MQ Have Something Called Special Teams? SM
Apr 08, 2010

Group of MTs who go from account to account to help out if there is a backlog, JACHO or what have you?  You can tell if they're on your account because you keep getting the trashy doctors. I suppose you'll say the easy stuff is sent to India, but I'm just wondering.  I work for Spheris, so just thought I would ask.  Wonder how all of this is going to play out. Thanks. ...

Purchasing Their Special Computer
Jul 26, 2010

Just hired by company that is requiring me to purchase their "specially build computer" to do the account they need done = Cost $340.  Of course, I have already have a computer because I work from home. Any Feed back on this?  I need this second job to pay bills.  Thank you for your input. Hannah ...

A Special Thanks To Amanda.....I So Appreciate A Dependable MT
Jul 24, 2012

Thank you so much Amanda for always being there to help me.... I tell you in emails but just want to say in public how much I appreciate your help! So nice to have a dependable MT! ...

Special Announcement Followup
Jan 21, 2013

The big special announcement was our TCM was moving back into her previous roll of QA coach - bringing in a new TCM.   No lost accounts, no jobs cut, no pay cuts... all positives... ...

Do Acute Care MTs Do ER Reports Or Are There Special
Mar 20, 2010

nm ...

Special Testing/shoulder Exam
Nov 07, 2012

Is there an FAR or FAIR special test for shoulder derangement? Seems as though I heard of this once but cannot find it now in any of my resources or online. Thanks ...

Social Or Special Screening Of Colon
Dec 18, 2013

I can't understand if the doctor is saying: Social Screening of Colon or Special Screening of Colon ...

Nice Special Bonus Today
Dec 11, 2014

We have such high backlogs they are offering a special bonus of 10 bucks per hour extra on top of your regular pay to work OT today.  ...

NEED A Pathology Immunostain List W/Special Stains.
May 04, 2013

Does anyone have a pathology stain list that they could email me? I would really appreciate it. I need it to have the correct case letters... I seem to only find lists where every stain is capitalized. ...

Sticky Notes To Remember Special Specifications??
May 20, 2013

The person who wrote the first essay must get to work on the same accounts. I used to make a sheet with the basic CPs and special instructions because the CPs are so poorly written, generally speaking, but every time I would get my sheets complete, the account would disappear. After 2 rounds of that, I quit making these summary sheets. I get so many different accounts now that I never get a chance to become familiar with the CP or dictator. So, I just take the time to take whatever mangled, p ...

Nuance - Escription - "Special" Foot Pedal
Jul 11, 2013

Hi!! We had our meeting at the hospital today with Nuance about being onboarded with them. We were told by HR that the hospital will let us keep the computers we have been working on, but that Nuance will be sending us the "special" Escription foot pedals. Is this true? I have never worked on Escription before. Does it require its own pedal? I am so heartsick about this transition but at this time, I have no other options. I am going to go into this with the thought of doing my work, ...

NJA On A Weekend!!
Jan 29, 2011

NJA on a weekend with a bonus going on!!!!  What an exercise in frustration.  And to make matters even worse, I received a recruiting e-mail from the boss....looking for new transcriptionists.  I have been NJA 3 days this week and then a bonus going on on the weekend and cannot even get my scheduled weekend time in!! ...

WEEKEND INCENTIVES
Nov 10, 2009

How do you guys feel about the weekend incentives that MQ sometimes offers?  You know, the 3 cents per line more for exceeding a line count that they calculate from the past for you.  Do you actually make more money or is it eaten away by taxes, and is it worth busting your butt for?  ...

Over The Weekend, I Did Not Have Enough Work Available
Nov 30, 2009

to even make minimum wage.  I am an employee with a set schedule.  Does anybody know where I can find info regarding minimum wage payments when production work is not available. ...

Weekend Work
Mar 23, 2010

Does any one know of companies that will hire for just weekend work (Sat. and Sun.)?        ...

OT With Weekend Incentive
Apr 30, 2010

With the weekend incentive, is OT automatically approved? Can't get a response from CCM.  ...

Big Rush Over The Weekend And Now NJA! NM
May 03, 2010

No Message ...

New Weekend Incentive...sm
Oct 15, 2010

Same old yada, yada, yada. It seems like they set my minimum at too many lines for me to ever achieve it so I don't even try.   BUT did you read the towards the bottom of the email where it says that the payout is Nov 25 EXCEPT for former spheris employees who will get their incentive $$ ON OR BEFORE NOV 5!!??? This is not fair. But then, when is this company ever fair. ...

Another Incentive This Weekend...nm
Dec 17, 2010

no msg ...

Weekend Workers?
Feb 13, 2011

How many of the MTs here work on the weekends? ...

No Work - Weekend
Sep 10, 2011

Never, in my 15 years with this company, has there been a time where I ran out of work on a weekend!   NICE. ...

Anyone Know Of A Co Needing Weekend MTs...
Jan 31, 2012

I have 15 years experience, but can't seem to find any steady work that includes weekends (like Fri - Mon, Thurs - Sun). If anyone knows of anything or has a suggestion, feel free to e-mail me.   ...

NJA Again After A Full Weekend Of NJA
Jul 09, 2012

and yet my CCM sent out a message requesting assistance on one of my accounts for this coming weekend.  What the blazes!  I have had NJA on all but one of those days she is requesting help for the last couple months.  What is she thinking?  It is quite obvious that the account is over staffed on a couple of those days and we will not need the help this week.  Its frustrating as I am barely making enough to live on as it is due to constant NJA and now she is asking for he ...

Incentive For Weekend
Jul 12, 2012

Here we go again, incentives offered for weekend and having to meet minimum lines to earn the incentive, but work is popping up so slow it isn't even funny.  My time card looks like I just clock in and out for the fun of it.  Come on!  Where is the work to even make the incentive pay? ...

Mandatory Weekend Day?
Jul 18, 2012

I just listened to the monthly meeting and she said ALL employees are now required to work at least 1 weekend day? Has anyone who is M-F been forced to change their schedule yet?  ...

I Was Not Allowed To Take Off For This Weekend.
May 25, 2013

As I watched my family leave and our dog to head to our relatives cabin in the next neighboring state last night, I cleaned the house and did some laundry and worked my last hour typing.  This morning I am ready to work my 8 hours and what happens???  NO WORK.  You think I would be used to this by now after all these years, but now I am really ANGRY!  I have done this when it is Easter, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, etc.  That is it.  No more will I ...