A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance in the News - nana7

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a place to leave a comment so did you leave a comment about how horrible their VR is or what they are doing to American jobs? This is an open forum where you can comment on the article so now is your chance to bring some light to our plight.

If you want some media attention now is your opportunity.

This is a front-end speech product, nothing to do - with transcription other than this

[ In Reply To ..]
is what they are pushing on customers these days.

Front-end speech is what got my whole - transcription dept. laid off this year.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Are you out of your mind? This is exactly why anyone with a brain - is looking to find another job!

[ In Reply To ..]
...omg, you really should spend an evening and just read back in time on this board. Weeks, months, years even!

Nuance needs a new "idea" - Ruby

[ In Reply To ..]
As those who have used their "front end" speech machine will tell you, it is just like what we deal with - it works one day and doesn't the next and even those that it recognizes beautifully one day, within a month or two, it starts to add or take out things....
Nuance is probably well aware that the days for Dragon are numbered as more and more hospitals, doctors and clinics realize they were sold a bill of goods - Nuance's bottom line is profit so now they will "reinvent" their speech engine, rebrand it and sell it to the unsuspecting. Sadly, most medical facilities have spent way more than they could afford for the product and are now forced to use it - so they outsource their medical records company to Nuance - and Nuance not only sells them the software, but now they get paid to do their transcription....hmmmm - good business, I suppose.

Similar Messages:

The Following News Just Released Today About WMX.
Sep 04, 2010

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/199845.php ...

Check It Out-Fox News Is Having A Special At 2:30 EST Today About
Sep 27, 2011

the government having access to our medical records and how they shouldn't have that right to our personal information and that it is confidential according to HIPPA, also stating what if Wikileaks or somebody exposes the information and what that could mean.  DUH-what about all the records that go to India, what about HIPPA regulations for that, what about confidentiality on that, what about illegal on that, what about loss of US jobs on that!  I think it is time to write to Bill ...

Today Is My First Day Back Working Since The News, And ...
Mar 10, 2014

I took the entire weekend in silence and did a lot of thinking, and made some decisions.  One thing that I know for sure about myself is that this bankruptcy issue is the END for me.  I've felt the end was coming, with the 99.6% requirement, and then even more so with the 99.7% requirement, but working for a company who requires more of ME than it does of ITSELF is a complete deal-breaker.  I won't work for a company that doesn't pay its bills - because that puts u ...

Any News As To What The Spheris Conference Calls Are About Today?
Mar 11, 2010

anyone had theirs yet?   ...

Nuance In The News Again
Nov 12, 2014

http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/7112077-74/excela-nuance-jennings#axzz3Inb8FMZc ...

Nuance In The News Again.
Nov 14, 2014

Responses to the original post include a copy of the article, not just the link. Oh, forgot, you might have to go down a ways on the page, as the discussion began on the 12th. Look for the initial post "Nuance in the news again," then the actual article appears in one of the subsequent posts.   ...

Nuance News Flash
Aug 03, 2012

OK Kids. How many of you honestly read the Nuance News Flash that our TLs send out?  Be honest now; how many of you like reading about how this technology is killing the transcription industry?   As for me, my BP goes up about 100 points whenever I get one! ...

Nuance What's The Good News?
Apr 12, 2013

I really appreciate all the replies, good and bad.  I guess the good new is we the displaced have time on our sides in that we have 58 days to make a decision about our future employment, I believe the union did get us that.  I'm definitely going to look at other companies, possibly independent contractor positions.  There are some leaving who have kids/families they are supporting, I am 59, only support myself so I have that at least.  Appreciate MTStars board. ...

Nuance - What's The Good News?
Apr 11, 2013

We got the news yesterday, offered jobs at Nuance doing our same doctors.  I understand we have to clock in, and will now have to pay for insurance, internet not reimbursed, less pay, very large company.  We work on Escription with small amount of straight typing. They say will transfer our seniority, etc.  I have read on this board in the past that thngs may start out well but don't neccesarrily stay that way, things go downhill.  I would love hear from someone who works there and like ...

Nuance News (India) :(
May 01, 2015

http://m.deccanherald.com/content/474481/nts-hire-3000-staff-invest.html   ...

Nuance Stock News...interesting
Apr 25, 2013

Interesting article from WSJ about possible news of Nuance selling off parts of its holdings: (it is all conjecture at this point, but interesting that Goldman is often called in to make major changes, and sometimes it involves sale of parts or all of the company)   Nuance Communications Inc. NUAN +4.13%, the speech-recognition software maker in which investor Carl Icahn recently took a stake, is seeking advice from Goldman Sachs Group Inc. GS  ...

News Flash: Nuance Bayscribe MTs Have Had It! (nm)
Dec 16, 2014

x ...

âexcitingâ News In The Link Today
May 15, 2014

Hasn’t anyone read their emails and seen the “exciting” news in the Link today??  “….new compensation structure to be simple to understand, transparent, competitive, to be effective around 10/1….”  Translate:Simple to understand = unable to be calculated by MT Transparent = we all make the same regardless of experience Competitive = MTSOs battle each other to pay the lowest rates Sounds like another pay cut is in the work ...

Transolutions--applied And Tested--no News Good News? Anyone Else Heard? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

Webmedx/Nuance Pay Plan Unveiled Today.
Dec 13, 2011

It appears they have done away with our paid holidays.  We can work on holidays and have a bonus (if the facility is open and there is work).  If not, we have to take it out of our PTO or not get paid. My pay  by the new plan is cut from 9  typing and 5 voice recognition to 8 and 4 instead per line.  The incentive bonus requires 99% accuracy by QA audit, and 15% or less of reports going to QA, paid every 2 weeks.   ...

Nuance Making A Last Pitch For Hire On TODAY
Nov 03, 2014

are they stocking the stables in anticipation of a mass exodus? ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Big ASR News
Jan 27, 2010

I opened a ticket yesterday for ASR, asking them to have H and H expand out to hemoglobin and hematocrit for my account, and less than 24 hours I got a message saying it was done! Unbelievable.    Seems crazy we would all have to do this, but if we all do this, maybe some positive change could actually come.    I gave them the account, an internal job number, and my contact number and just stated what the problem was.  My understanding is this was corrected for this ...

More Bad News For MQ MT/MEs
Jan 29, 2010

I got the below link from my MQ Google Alert.  If Speris tanks, there's gonna be a ton of MQs scrambling for jobs.  I'm sure the Q will see this as the perfect opportunity to cut our salaries again as we fear for our jobs. http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/02/01/story1.html?b=1265000400%5E2811471 ...

I've Got News For Everyone
Jul 10, 2011

Most of the companies are paying 8 cpl for transcription and 4 cpl for editing.  MQ is not going to stop until they reach that rate even though they may do it gradually as they have been doing. ...

ST MTs, Any News Yet??
Jun 07, 2012

Has anyone heard anything further about the work (or lack of) situation?  Was really low this pay period. ...

CCS News
Sep 02, 2012

Check out the new eligibility requirements for sitting for the CCS that will go into effect on January 1, 2013.  No longer just a high school diploma.  : http://www.ahima.org/downloads/pdfs/certification/Candidate_Guide.pdf   ...

ANY NEWS
Jul 07, 2013

Curious. ...

Fox News And TAA
Aug 29, 2013

Fox News just did a segment on TAA cons/pros... but I missed most of it... anyone see it and have input? ...

TT News
Oct 29, 2014

Any opinions on the news today of office closing? Not many were named as being shifted to working at home. I hope that doesn't mean everyone else was let go. ...

Transcend/MDI News?
Nov 04, 2009

Does anyone know if there is another conference call scheduled soon?  I have not received notification, but it seems there should have been another scheduled for today if they are still doing the every-other-week thing as the last one was 2 weeks ago today.  Also, didn't they say packets would be distributed the first week of November?  ...

Sad News From Vermont
May 26, 2010

http://www.timesargus.com/article/20100526/NEWS02/5260344/1003/NEWS02 Now our job pool is going to get smaller.   :( ...

More India News
Jul 24, 2010

Good morning, In your browser type in india.com and you will get "The Economic Times", one of India's newspapers.  Interesting.  What is even more interesting is to put in CBay up in the search bar (top right side) and watch what comes up.  More information on CBay, but from India's newspaper perspective.  Interesting to say the least.  Always good to get an objective opinion!!  ...

Any News On Acusis?
Aug 08, 2010

Any news on Acusis? I am just wondering if they are worth testing for. ...