A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The following news just released today about WMX. - (see link inside)

Posted: Sep 04, 2010

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/199845.php

If MQ is #1 and WMX is #3, who is #2? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Transcend. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Article - Fried Webber

[ In Reply To ..]
Interesting article....I wonder if we will now be financially responsible for our blanks like Spheris used to do. So because the doc does not speak English or clearly or is chewing food, speaking in a tunnel, or in a darn closet, I may have to pay because I cannot hear what he/she is saying. Good thing I have 2 interviews next week.....This place gets better and better every day!

I sure hope not - completely unfair

[ In Reply To ..]
My primary has several doctors notorious for clipping off their words, sentences, and sometimes even start in the middle of the report. Account specifics state to leave a blank in those cases. On a secondary account, the client has a cow if we don't leave a blank if they forget the date or history (and bunches of them do). I refuse to be penalized when we are INSTRUCTED to leave blanks due to dictation errors.

This sentence in the article was so hypocritical! - see inside

[ In Reply To ..]
"We attribute our success to the most skilled, knowledge work force in the industry," mentions Jay Cannon, President and COO, Webmedx.

Ummm, wouldn't that "knowledgeable" workforce be largely comprised of MTs?

I've been wondering why my friends kept their jobs there when others didn't - Interesting!

[ In Reply To ..]
I have friends who work there. They have better-than-average skills. I haven't heard from any of them that they have lost their jobs, but I did hear from at least one friend that I know doesn't do very good work. She did lose her job. She may have really good skills, or maybe she used to, but I think she's grown sloppy over the years. I don't know if there is any correlation or not, but it is interesting to think that quality may actually become more important.

Just thinking-did the person who lost the job have their CMT? sm - THer also

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been trying to figure out how the decision was made as to who to keep and who not to keep. Since WMX really pushes the RMT and CMT credential for its employees, I'm wondering if the people who had to leave were credentialed?

I'm not asking to start a debate on whether the CMT sm - THer also

[ In Reply To ..]
is worth it or not. I just remember feeling very pressured to get mine and felt like eventually they might get rid of me if I didn't.

yes I am - gonewebbie

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes I am so that was not the reason, I was only there less than a year, so only old timers were not let go, I had no health problems, so only sick people were not let go, I had excellent quality and high production, so quality and quantity were not the issue, let's face the fact we are never going to guess how it was determined which MTs were let go. I am already finding out just from the few companies I have talked to already that they did us a favor, unfortunately it doesn't feel like it, but other companies are offering more and better benefits.

Frankly, I feel WMX is just laying the groundwork for SM - my take on this

[ In Reply To ..]
eventual use of offshore help. I really do. They are seeing that it doesn't pay to be all U.S. because the hospitals don't care.

It wouldn't surprise me if they just threw in the towel and started doing it on 3rd shift or on weekends.

I agree. A couple of their suits have strong background with offshoring. - Also strong ties with AHDI, which certifies off-sh

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
AHDI is not your friend - Jock
[ In Reply To ..]
For everyone who admires/supports/joins this organization, remember that they are the ones who got in bed with MedQuist and they are one of the biggest proponents of offshoring. They have done absolutely NOTHING to support the American worker.
Exactly. The longer Wmx stays in bed with AHDI - the more certain it becomes
[ In Reply To ..]
The handwriting is on the wall, and has been ever since they started courting favor with/throwing money at ADHI/harrassing their employees to become CMTs. Once they've milked every cent out of us, we'll be cast aside for Indians.

Then why would they buy M-TEC??? sm - cotton

[ In Reply To ..]
Or maybe M-TEC is a part of the big picture: Don't offshore work. Give it instead to your M-TEC students and pay THEM 3 cpl.

Or is M-TEC going down the drain, too?

Whatever... Clearly someone(s) in charge of WMX has made some bad business decisions. :-(
Usually MTSOs buy other companies only for - their accounts. Then, - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
once the transition has been made, and things settle down, they start offloading all the MTs they "bought" with their acquisition of the other company. Usually those MTs are better-paid and benefitted than what the buying company offers. So they either lay them off, or, start making the lives of those employees miserable so they'll quit and save them from having to pay unemployment. Or, if that fails, then they just keep on reducing the amount of work their more expensive employees get, until they are essentially starved out of the company.
Uh, M-TEC is an MT school, not an MTSO. NM - cotton
[ In Reply To ..]
x
webmedx training physicians to do own ISR - janetc
[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked at Webmedx for almost 4 years now. My initial experience was very positive, great training and support. That trainer is no longer with the company, and I am not impressed with the new ones. I have been very concerned with the direction it seems to be moving to. Haven't seen this addressed at all, but thought I'd toss this out and see what others thought. One of my accounts has a new program where 10 of the physicians are editing their own ISR reports. They can send these back to us if they have trouble. We then are expected to clean it up, and do multiple steps to help them to do this better, thereby eliminating our jobs! I am wondering if this is not the true direction of the company, and the reports we will be left with will be the horrible dictators? Anyone else have this experience or any thoughts?
Yes, I believe their goal is to get rid of all their MTs - and simply sell products
[ In Reply To ..]
Why else would they deliberately make and market products that make MTs obsolete? I think its incredibly evil to first buy an MT school then turn around and start selling products to make MTs unnecessary. You can tell the AHDI influence is upon them - claim to care about MTs, but secret agenda to eradicate them all.
Nothing new here... SM - cotton
[ In Reply To ..]
This is EXACTLY what Philips Electronics did when they bought MedQuist. Philips could have cared less about MTs, individually or as a group. It was the doctors they wanted -- doctors to buy their speech wreck sofware/hardware.

And we all know how great that worked out for Philips. Right? Hah! It's so d@mn funny to see WMX doing exactly the same thing, but on a smaller scale. (Well, NOT funny if you're a WMX MT, of course.)

Why do I suspect ALL of these stupid decisions are made by MEN who don't even understand the concept of *transcription* because they don't type: They have secretaries to do that scutwork.

Mentions a person who was at Edix, before sm - freerangechicken

[ In Reply To ..]
taken over by Spheris. Actually, she is really wonderful person and I have nothing bad to say about her. Just made me wonder if more ex-edixers are over there.

Similar Messages:

Nuance In The News Today
Oct 20, 2014

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nuance-and-eclinicalworks-support-ama-guidelines-with-new-voice-enabled-mobile-apps-2014-10-20?reflink=MW_news_stmp ...

Check It Out-Fox News Is Having A Special At 2:30 EST Today About
Sep 27, 2011

the government having access to our medical records and how they shouldn't have that right to our personal information and that it is confidential according to HIPPA, also stating what if Wikileaks or somebody exposes the information and what that could mean.  DUH-what about all the records that go to India, what about HIPPA regulations for that, what about confidentiality on that, what about illegal on that, what about loss of US jobs on that!  I think it is time to write to Bill ...

Today Is My First Day Back Working Since The News, And ...
Mar 10, 2014

I took the entire weekend in silence and did a lot of thinking, and made some decisions.  One thing that I know for sure about myself is that this bankruptcy issue is the END for me.  I've felt the end was coming, with the 99.6% requirement, and then even more so with the 99.7% requirement, but working for a company who requires more of ME than it does of ITSELF is a complete deal-breaker.  I won't work for a company that doesn't pay its bills - because that puts u ...

Any News As To What The Spheris Conference Calls Are About Today?
Mar 11, 2010

anyone had theirs yet?   ...

“exciting” News In The Link Today
May 15, 2014

Hasn’t anyone read their emails and seen the “exciting” news in the Link today??  “….new compensation structure to be simple to understand, transparent, competitive, to be effective around 10/1….”  Translate:Simple to understand = unable to be calculated by MT Transparent = we all make the same regardless of experience Competitive = MTSOs battle each other to pay the lowest rates Sounds like another pay cut is in the work ...

How Many COMs Have Released The Little Bit
Nov 25, 2014

If this a company program, why is info only leaked out here and there and not across the board? ...

Transolutions--applied And Tested--no News Good News? Anyone Else Heard? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

My First Day Being Released From Training At Transcend..
Dec 30, 2011

I was not impressed with my line count today.  I worked 4 hours and ended up with 515 edited lines and 66 standard lines.  That sucks.  I hope that improves a lot.  ...

Released From Fluency Accounts
Apr 23, 2013

I received an e-mail from my supervisor today.  It said that they released more people from Fluency accounts at MModal==Fired/Laid off??  Supposed to be more work available, we will see.  ...

An Important (shocking) Report Just Released About Some Schools
Aug 02, 2012

A report from a two-year study was just released about 30 of the very large colleges that are approved for federal financial aid. Of the students who enrolled in these large for-profit colleges during the 2008-09 academic year, 54 percent withdrew by summer 2010 without earning a degree, according to the report. Nearly all of those students are being left with a huge amount of debt that they can't discharge, even through bankruptcy. Rather than putting most of the money into student resourc ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Big ASR News
Jan 27, 2010

I opened a ticket yesterday for ASR, asking them to have H and H expand out to hemoglobin and hematocrit for my account, and less than 24 hours I got a message saying it was done! Unbelievable.    Seems crazy we would all have to do this, but if we all do this, maybe some positive change could actually come.    I gave them the account, an internal job number, and my contact number and just stated what the problem was.  My understanding is this was corrected for this ...

More Bad News For MQ MT/MEs
Jan 29, 2010

I got the below link from my MQ Google Alert.  If Speris tanks, there's gonna be a ton of MQs scrambling for jobs.  I'm sure the Q will see this as the perfect opportunity to cut our salaries again as we fear for our jobs. http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/02/01/story1.html?b=1265000400%5E2811471 ...

I've Got News For Everyone
Jul 10, 2011

Most of the companies are paying 8 cpl for transcription and 4 cpl for editing.  MQ is not going to stop until they reach that rate even though they may do it gradually as they have been doing. ...

ST MTs, Any News Yet??
Jun 07, 2012

Has anyone heard anything further about the work (or lack of) situation?  Was really low this pay period. ...

CCS News
Sep 02, 2012

Check out the new eligibility requirements for sitting for the CCS that will go into effect on January 1, 2013.  No longer just a high school diploma.  : http://www.ahima.org/downloads/pdfs/certification/Candidate_Guide.pdf   ...

ANY NEWS
Jul 07, 2013

Curious. ...

Fox News And TAA
Aug 29, 2013

Fox News just did a segment on TAA cons/pros... but I missed most of it... anyone see it and have input? ...

TT News
Oct 29, 2014

Any opinions on the news today of office closing? Not many were named as being shifted to working at home. I hope that doesn't mean everyone else was let go. ...

Transcend/MDI News?
Nov 04, 2009

Does anyone know if there is another conference call scheduled soon?  I have not received notification, but it seems there should have been another scheduled for today if they are still doing the every-other-week thing as the last one was 2 weeks ago today.  Also, didn't they say packets would be distributed the first week of November?  ...

Sad News From Vermont
May 26, 2010

http://www.timesargus.com/article/20100526/NEWS02/5260344/1003/NEWS02 Now our job pool is going to get smaller.   :( ...

More India News
Jul 24, 2010

Good morning, In your browser type in india.com and you will get "The Economic Times", one of India's newspapers.  Interesting.  What is even more interesting is to put in CBay up in the search bar (top right side) and watch what comes up.  More information on CBay, but from India's newspaper perspective.  Interesting to say the least.  Always good to get an objective opinion!!  ...

Any News On Acusis?
Aug 08, 2010

Any news on Acusis? I am just wondering if they are worth testing for. ...

Good News!
Apr 05, 2011

McDonald's adding 50,000 new jobs!  Yay!  ...

WHEN Will We Get News About Changes At Webmedx?
Jul 05, 2011

This whole thing makes absolutely zero sense to me. Webmedx has 500+ employees, right? What management is going to make an announcement regarding a publicly traded company and then tell employees not to talk? I would think announcing changes like that would put them at risk of actually influencing the stock. And they have to know it's ridiculous to think that many people are going to keep the announcement confidential. To me, it seems extremely irresponsible of Webmedx any way I look at it ...

More MQ News Hot Off The Presses....sm
Sep 20, 2011

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2011/9/20/medquist_pops_on_california_contract ...

Great News For Me!
Jun 29, 2012

My hospital, which we were told in February was going to be outsourcing all of our work to Nuance, backed off and we were informed today that we'll all still continue to be employed!!!!  Oh, Happy Day!  I'm one of the last MTs in the country that still gets paid well, and I was sweating it! ...

Seems Like There's Been More Bad News This Week
Aug 03, 2012

hospitals going to Epic or outsourcing, and MTSOs pulling the plug on their employees.  Am I right?  I wonder if this thing isn't starting to snowball. ...

Possible Good News
Mar 19, 2014

I interviewed for a job at a local, major hospital.  It was interesting to learn that the HIM department is in the process of bringing transcription back in house, at least partially.  It was claimed that their transcription company was not doing a satisfactory job.  This might be good news my MT friends.  Maybe this will be a trend?   I'm certainly hoping so and I mentioned how excited I was about the possibility of in-house transcription jobs being available in th ...