A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nice special bonus today - Carol

Posted: Dec 11, 2014

We have such high backlogs they are offering a special bonus of 10 bucks per hour extra on top of your regular pay to work OT today. 

Bleah. I'd rather watch TV than work my - tail off for that chump change.

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Chump change is in the eye of the beholder - Meghan

[ In Reply To ..]
LOL

agree nm - stevie

[ In Reply To ..]

Guess so... - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

When I worked for MM I made some pretty good - checks of the OT..sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I was loving it when we went through spells of overtime. I would put in an extra hour or 2 a shift to get up to $120-$125 a day. This was when I had my primary, steady accounts (16+, but only got work from maybe 5 regularly) and making 6 cent a line for VR. The getting was good until my accounts went overseas. After that, I struggled to make 80 bucks a day and OT diminished. I had no other choice but to move on. After taxes and insurance, I was struck. I almost think you have to have OT to make a decent check in MT anymore unless you got another job on the side. One full-time MT job just doesn't cut it.
Those days are long gone. - mom2huskies
[ In Reply To ..]
I remember the days when I could make 25-30 an hour at my inhouse job. Those days are long gone.

extra 10 an hour, dang wish I had that offer - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I am surprised they are willing to pay extra. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
They must be desperate.

I'm surprised they are willing to pay at all - CINDY

[ In Reply To ..]
It seems they want to charge the doctors or hospitals the American rate, but they want to pay the people the Indian rate. Which is probably 2 dollars an hour.

Our POD has this incentive too, but it is to - work on reports in another POD.

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Check It Out-Fox News Is Having A Special At 2:30 EST Today About
Sep 27, 2011

the government having access to our medical records and how they shouldn't have that right to our personal information and that it is confidential according to HIPPA, also stating what if Wikileaks or somebody exposes the information and what that could mean.  DUH-what about all the records that go to India, what about HIPPA regulations for that, what about confidentiality on that, what about illegal on that, what about loss of US jobs on that!  I think it is time to write to Bill ...

Did Anyone Get The Bonus Today In The Bank?
Jul 31, 2013

My account is frighteningly low. Of course no bonus. Want to see who all got it so I can be jealous. ...

Lilly! Bonus To You For All Your Efforts Here Today
May 27, 2010

Yoou are very helpful with all our befuddles!  You can look for a little something extra in your pay envelope this week. You can look for it.   ...

Has Anyone Here Ever Been Paid The Signon Bonus, Or Referral Bonus? Nm
Apr 02, 2015

nm ...

Our BOB Is Special. LOL
Nov 19, 2013

Our group has been "chosen" to do the 'quality improvement' program. At least I get to spend 1-1/2 hours on NJA Thanksgiving. We all know every BOB group will have to do it. Guess the do not realize we do communicate with each other. ...

Anyone Else Get This??? Special Announcement
Jan 18, 2013

There is an important announcement being made Monday, January 01/21/2013. Please attend... ...

Does MQ Have Something Called Special Teams? SM
Apr 08, 2010

Group of MTs who go from account to account to help out if there is a backlog, JACHO or what have you?  You can tell if they're on your account because you keep getting the trashy doctors. I suppose you'll say the easy stuff is sent to India, but I'm just wondering.  I work for Spheris, so just thought I would ask.  Wonder how all of this is going to play out. Thanks. ...

Purchasing Their Special Computer
Jul 26, 2010

Just hired by company that is requiring me to purchase their "specially build computer" to do the account they need done = Cost $340.  Of course, I have already have a computer because I work from home. Any Feed back on this?  I need this second job to pay bills.  Thank you for your input. Hannah ...

A Special Thanks To Amanda.....I So Appreciate A Dependable MT
Jul 24, 2012

Thank you so much Amanda for always being there to help me.... I tell you in emails but just want to say in public how much I appreciate your help! So nice to have a dependable MT! ...

Special Announcement Followup
Jan 21, 2013

The big special announcement was our TCM was moving back into her previous roll of QA coach - bringing in a new TCM.   No lost accounts, no jobs cut, no pay cuts... all positives... ...

Do Acute Care MTs Do ER Reports Or Are There Special
Mar 20, 2010

nm ...

Special Testing/shoulder Exam
Nov 07, 2012

Is there an FAR or FAIR special test for shoulder derangement? Seems as though I heard of this once but cannot find it now in any of my resources or online. Thanks ...

Social Or Special Screening Of Colon
Dec 18, 2013

I can't understand if the doctor is saying: Social Screening of Colon or Special Screening of Colon ...

NEED A Pathology Immunostain List W/Special Stains.
May 04, 2013

Does anyone have a pathology stain list that they could email me? I would really appreciate it. I need it to have the correct case letters... I seem to only find lists where every stain is capitalized. ...

Sticky Notes To Remember Special Specifications??
May 20, 2013

The person who wrote the first essay must get to work on the same accounts. I used to make a sheet with the basic CPs and special instructions because the CPs are so poorly written, generally speaking, but every time I would get my sheets complete, the account would disappear. After 2 rounds of that, I quit making these summary sheets. I get so many different accounts now that I never get a chance to become familiar with the CP or dictator. So, I just take the time to take whatever mangled, p ...

You Know What Would Be Nice......
Jul 19, 2010

is if people in this company would actually do what they say they will do.  I have had 3 different people promise me things and never heard again from any of them.  I didn't ask for the moon, just help. ...

SO NICE TO KNOW.....
Dec 25, 2012

that our supervisors are NO WHERE TO BE FOUND on IM today, while we are sitting here waiting for ANYTHING to come in.  BAH HUMBUG. ...

Can't Anyone On Here Just Be Nice!
May 09, 2014

Why do only the people who have nothing good or helpful to say the only ones who are on here posting messages. If you don't have anything relevant or nice to say, do us all a favor and keep your trap shut! There is no provocation for attacking someone just because they said that being an auditor lets them enjoy having sick days and holidays off and then questioning their ability to do their job. I was an MT for many, many years, so I was in the same boat you all are now and even wors ...

Please Be Nice . . .
Mar 04, 2015

Having a "senior" moment.  Found out my hire date is incorrect and need to correct this.  They have left off a large amount of time.  How do I contact HR? TIA. ...

Must Be Nice
Mar 28, 2015

for the managers, TSMs, PCs, whatever to have the weekend off while we work our "MOT."  Once again I have not received a single email.  So that makes this day 3 or 4, I can't remember anymore, with no contact from MM.  Wonder if we are backlogged?  Does MOT end tonight at midnight since that's when a new pay period begins? What the H E double hockey-sticks is going on MM???  ...

Wow That Was Nice
Jun 24, 2015

at the end of the report. "Thank you so much for doing my dictation, have a great day" Sometimes the little things count. ...

Something Nice For Fellow MTs.
Jul 21, 2010

STONE TWO FRIENDS WERE WALKINGTHROUGH THE DESERT .DURING SOME POINT OF THEJOURNEY, THEY HAD ANARGUMENT; AND ONE FRIENDSLAPPED THE OTHER ONEIN THE FACETHE ONE WHO GOT SLAPPEDWAS HURT, BUT WITHOUTSAYING ANYTHING,WROTE IN THE SAND ,TODAY MY BEST FRIENDSLAPPED ME IN THE FACE .THEY KEPT ON WALKING,UNTIL THEY FOUND AN OASIS,WHERE THEY DECIDEDTO TAKE A BATHTHE ONE WHO HAD BEENSLAPPED GOT STUCK IN THEMIRE AND STARTED DROWNING,BUT THE FRIEND SAVED HIM.AFTER HE RECOVERED FROMTH ...

It's So Nice To Not Have To Check That Box At The End
Sep 09, 2010

so many times i've cursed because i was at the end of my shift but i forgot to check the box and had to do another one ...

The Recruiter Is *ALWAYS* Nice
Dec 02, 2011

After some coworkers and I applied for positions with a different company, I was floored by how many went on and on about the recruiter being "so nice" and how that translated -- in their minds -- into a reflection of their immediate supervisor and everyone else within the company. OF COURSE the recruiter is nice!  If she weren't personable and didn't have that type of personality, most likely she would not be in the position of recruiter.  Only the WORST managed companies ( ...

So Nice To Start The Day With NJA. Nm
Mar 08, 2013

xx ...

It Would Be Nice To Get A Little Respect From
Jun 07, 2013

MTSO companies.  Being a long-time loyal employee/IC means nothing to most MTSO's.  I've worked for the same company for around 4 years, through ups and downs, feasts and famines, and the minute it gets a little busy, they hurry up and hire more MTs.  That proves to me that all they care about is making money for themselves and is just a slap in the face of the MT.  Maybe if you must hire new MTs for busy times, how about giving work first to your long-time MTs when ...

Nice To Be Appreciated
Nov 28, 2013

I ercently started with a company and posted prevously about how the recruiter had sent me a greeting card welcoming me to the company.  In addition, I also received a greeting card from the person who trained me when I started with the company.  I got up this morning (Thanksgiving) and had receieved a Thanksgiving greeting card from the company, stating how thankful they were to have me as a part of their team.  In today's market, I thought that was a nice personal touch. ...

Wouldn't Have Been Nice If . . .
Jan 02, 2014

If corporate realized how hard and difficult our job is and perhaps, at the very least, wiished us a Happy Holiday season and thanked us for all we do?  And rhen I woke up and smelled the coffee. ...

Support Would Be Nice-not Asking For Much
Mar 29, 2014

It is really terrible when you come to the board to make a comment someone always has to say something negative-sometimes we are only looking for support from fellow MTs. I do not understand why there is always so much backlash. If you do not have anything good to stay keep your comments to yourself. Life can be hard enough. When the table is turned hopefully there will be someone there to lend an ear and a kind word when it is needed. ...

Since Most Were So Nice The Other Day When I Asked
Apr 12, 2014

about Synernet and steps to do things, I want to ask something else.  I keep losing autocorrects!  I saw the note about exit Fusion last and I try to make sure I do that, but I am still losing them.  I have not exited Fusion since adding Tessalon Perles, yet it was not there when I tried to put it in just now.  Is there another trick to keeping them? ...