A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WHAT ARE THE BEST TRANSCRIPTION COMPANIES - dj

Posted: Aug 15, 2013

Hi everyone, this is my first time on this website.  Just to give you as brief a rundown as possible, I work for a hospital who has started to use Dragon and PowerNotes which, of course, eventually will mean that I will have no job.  I know that there are no perfect transcription companies to work for out of your home but considering this, all in all, who would be the top companies to work for?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Read the board - Do not

[ In Reply To ..]
blush after reading. All your questions will be answered, sadly.

just try to find a job - all I can say

[ In Reply To ..]
just go to the job seekers board and apply. They're all about the same, they're all pretty bad, and you probably won't hear back from any of them anyway. Hate to be so negative.

You won't hear back and that's AFTER you - MTRR

[ In Reply To ..]
spend hours on their crappy test!

The - best

[ In Reply To ..]
thing you could do is get out of the field or move to India. Read the board and make your own decision, but most of us are getting out. If there is a company that is decent, it won't be for long. They will be sucked up by Nuance or MModal, and all their work is going to India.

please see this link to a previous post - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

Unfortunately, - sm

Posted: Aug 9th, 2013 - 4:36 am In Reply to: MT companies - Melanie

the odds of landing a job with a truly good MTSO these days are about the same as hitting the PowerBall.

Also, those who are currently working for truly good MTSOs aren't about to share that info. They don't want their employers to be inundated with resumes. They don't want to "rock" their boat. I definitely can't blame them for that.

All the first responder meant was that we've all been applying and applying and applying and applying and applying, trying to get work, trying to find a company that has a dependable workload, dependable payday, fair pay scale, and dependable and consistent QA/QC, but companies like that have a very low turnover rate and just aren't advertising job openings.

Please take the time to review the links to the left, particularly Company Board, New MTs (if you're a newbie), MModal, Nuance, VR/Speech, and the Main Board. If you don't see anything that helps you, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and you'll see links to see previous months' posts.

If there's a company in particular you want to see lots of info on, go into Google and type in "mtstars" and "mmodal" or "nuance," for examples, and see what comes up.

(this post was copied and pasted from the link attached)

Stay with your hospital as long as you can - sm - nmt

[ In Reply To ..]
But, if you are let go and you can not move to a different job classification within your current hospital, look for an MT company that does not offshore. There are still a few left who only hire US transcriptionists. Regardless though, you will be taking a dramatic pay cut to work for an home-based MT company.

It would be best to try to stay at your hospital. Check your job board/dept. - there for ward clerk, medical record jobs, etc.

[ In Reply To ..]

This a dying field.  You can't do better than hospital MT, nor even close to it.  I'd really recommend trying to get another job in your hospital, and you're wise to think in advance about what's likely to happen to MT there. 

not true, I only made a flat $8/hour at the hospital - make $30 an hour on occasion with OT

[ In Reply To ..]
for the company I work for.

I make $30 per hour too at my MTSO - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Too bad I may work ONE hour and not have work for the other 7 hours though! I would take $8 bucks an hour ANY day and know that I have 40 hours per week and know exactly what my paycheck would be weekly rather than all of these ups and downs in the MT industry. This is okay IF you aren't the primary breadwinner, but if I was personally responsible for paying all of our bills, I would have gone insane with worry by now. I worry enough just about the amount of money I need to contribute.

Agree with person who said stay at your current hospital - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
and try to get another position there. MT is a dying field. There are no "best" transcription companies anymore. Stay where you are. I can't stress this enough. Good luck.

AGREE - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You may think another department at your hospital is a pay cut, but you just won't make it as an at-home MT. First of all, this would be your first at-home position, not sure how many years you have in the hospital, but we have MTs on here that have been so for 30+ years and can't find work. You don't get paid if there isn't work, most of the time, but you are expected to sit and babysit your computer and wait for work. Most companies don't pay for demographics or even headers these days. You spend HOURS researching for which you don't get paid. At a local hospital, if the doctor says "Hey, send a copy over to Dr. Jones" well you PROBABLY know who he's talking about or if he says "She works at xxx" then you may know of that local business. Well, here, you are typing for hospitals miles away, so we have to research on where exactly Dr. Jones is and what in the world this company is named where this woman works and we don't know. If you choose to leave a blank for the all mighty QA to fill in then you often get back a rude reply saying how QA was able to find out that the woman worked for whatever, that is a local Mom and Pop place that you would have no idea of knowing about. I could go on and on and on. Can you tell I now have a bitter taste in my mouth, lol. Good luck!!

No such thing as the - best...

[ In Reply To ..]
possibly some that are less bad than others, but if the best you can hope for now doing VR is 4 cpl, there is no such thing any more as a good job in this field.

Welcome to "Into the Lion's Den," aka the hell hole that has become MT - PassinThru

[ In Reply To ..]
Everyday MTs are being trampled upon and/or "let go" and somebody posts a headline like "I'm new and need to know who is the best company to work for," or "I'm thinking about becoming a medical transcriptionist because I love to type and really want to work from home."

The problem is........ - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
There are so FEW companies that are actually decent and honest these days (mostly smaller companies) that the VERY fortunate MT who happens to be employed with them is not going to publicize it on this board and have them receiving hundreds of resumes. You basically have to use trial and error like the rest of us. Seek out those hiring, search this board to make sure they are legit and will actually pay you, apply, test and hope for the best. If it doesn't work out, repeat the process, over and over and over and over. This seems to be the norm for the "at-home" MT these days. GOOD LUCK!

Wait until your current hospital lays you off - and then....

[ In Reply To ..]
apply for UNEMPLOYMENT while you look for a job outside of the MT field. I would bet you my paycheck (yep that's how low it is) that you won't find an MT position at home these days that will pay more than unemployment. I'm not saying it's not possible to make a living as an at-home MT, but it takes lots and lots and LOTS of job jumping, changing MTSOs, quitting, perhaps being fired to FINALLY find one you can make a living at. You jumping in and finding one right off the bat is as probable as you hitting the lottery.

Give serious thought to retraining now for a - new career

[ In Reply To ..]
I would not wait, nor would I jump into a worse situation with an MTSO.

Keep the job you have, but start retraining right away. If you train in HIM, you might be able to transfer into a medical records job before the ax falls.

It is really only a matter of time before most MT jobs are replaced by VR. Large healthcare systems are switching to it already and they are not employing MTs to "edit" the VR product. This is not VR through MTSOs, either. They have just invested in informatics personnel and equipment so that they can do this themselves. This is to save money, but also to avoid HIPAA violations and to improve work quality and timeliness.

That is absolutely true. sm - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
My sister heads a medical records dept at a large hospital. They have gone to Epic and are letting their transcriptionists go. There will be NO ONE to edit reports. It will be the Dr.'s responsibility to get it right.

I for one am moving on from this crappy field.

Similar Messages:

Traveling Transcription Companies
Jun 28, 2011

Are there any traveling transcription companies out there?  Just wondering........... I would like to travel to different facilities for 10-13 week assignments.............Thanks ...

Are There Any Transcription Companies In Las Vegas?
Jul 15, 2011

Are there currently any transcription companies in Las Vegas?  I'm moving there and would love to try to find a job in-house but never hear of any.  ...

Transcription Companies Who Provide PC
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, anyone out there know of any work-from-home transcription companies that provide you with PC?   THANKS!! ...

List Of Transcription Companies
Jul 13, 2013

I came upon a great website that has tons of MTSOs and other types of transcription companies listed.  Some are out of date, but most are accessible.  Some say they are hiring; others say they are not.  It's a timesaver, for sure. http://freelancetranscriptionistroad.com/list-of-transcription-companies/ It's a website run by professional MTs.  ...

Good Transcription Companies?
Sep 05, 2013

Good Transcription Companies
Nov 08, 2013

Can anyone give me the name of good transcription companies you work for? ...

Radiology Transcription Companies?
Nov 18, 2014

I know it's a dying breed, but are there any GOOD companies out there still hiring for radiology transcriptionists? ...

Canadian Medical Transcription Companies
Sep 06, 2011

I was just wondering if anyone knew of companies hiring Canadian MTs as independent contractors, and what their reputations are like.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Are There Any Companies Left That Do Straight Transcription Instead Of VR?? NM.
Sep 11, 2011

x ...

Smaller Companies That Is Autopsy Transcription
Apr 24, 2012

been doing some research and found several companies that is autopsy transcription, anyone do this, have info  and care to share how the transcription differs from regular transcription?  very curious to know.      Thx in advance!! ...

What Companies Offer Straight Transcription Only
Jun 01, 2012

Does anyone know what companies are straight transcription? I am looking for an employee position not an IC. I really do not know the first thing about how to going about being an IC, so I will stick with what I know.   Thanks! ...

Any Smaller Transcription Companies Out Ther
Apr 10, 2013

It seems like all the "big" companies no one is happy with. Anyone know of any smaller companies that are hiring for work at home?  There must be an updated list out there somewhere of transcription companies of a smaller nature, but I can't find it. Any input is appreciated. ...

List Of Transcription Companies For Those Who Are Interested
Mar 09, 2014

http://freelancetranscriptionistroad.com/list-of-transcription-companies/ I hope the above can help anyone find other employment. These goliath companies are no place for anyone. ...

Looking For Current Feedback On Transcription Companies
Jan 01, 2015

I worked for MedQuist for over 10 yrs and then decided to take a little break, which I did.  I'm thinking about going back to work in medical transcription from home and would appreciate any current feedback you can give me on companies to avoid or that you recommend.  Thanks! Tricia ...

Same Old Tired Transcription Companies Hiring All The Time
Sep 20, 2012

I am currently working at a company and with the way things are going with all of these companies, I am just afraid of layoffs.  It's sad to see all of the same transcription companies on the job boards hiring, and it seems by reading the boards none of them are worth working for.  I sure wish when I decided to go into transcription I could have looked into the future a few years.  I have been doing transcription now for 6 years.  I am thankful I do have my job still and ...

Geez..are There ANY Good Transcription Companies Out There To Work For?
Oct 11, 2012

After reviewing all of the posts in here (which I am thankful for) I'm scared to work for any of them. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm down to bread and butter, here. Thank you! ...

Are There Any Companies Hiring P/t That Still Offer Straight Transcription (no VR)?
Dec 16, 2012

Looking for p/t straight transcription with a reliable company.  Are there any left that don't require VR? ...

Need Info On Legit Corporate Transcription Companies
Apr 09, 2013

I have a friend that would like to get into doing transcription so she can stay home with her kids.  She's done transcription before, but never medical.  I've done some research for her, but it's hard to tell which companies are legit or not.  Does anyone know of any companies that have corporate transcription and pay decently, other than Ubiqus, which isn't hiring right now? Thanks for your help! ...

Largest Transcription Companies Out There That Are Not Affiliated With Nuance?
Apr 10, 2014

What are some of the largest transcription companies out there that are not affiliated with Nuance?  It is way too hard to get a parttime job with smaller independent hospitals.  ...

Should The Insurance Companies Take Over The Daunting Task Of The Transcription Service?
Jun 21, 2012

It just seems like it would save a step, as far as billing goes, the M.D. would get reimbursed more quickly. Insurance companies may even pay MTs more? Wouldn't this have substantial savings in administrative and other costs? They would not have to keep trimming back on their transcription costs by lowering the MT pay rates. ...

Always See The Companies To Stay Away From, How About Companies To Go To?
Oct 23, 2012

I see many warnings about bogus companies but I need help to steer me to a good company or at least a company that is fair, hiring and gives a fair entrance test.  any ideas?   ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Any Advice On Craft Transcription Or SOAP Transcription??
May 30, 2014

Hi!   Anyone heard of or work for Craft Transcription or SOAP Transcription??? I have a interview today with SOAP. Any information is appreciated. ...

United Transcription Or Alpha Transcription
Sep 14, 2010

Just trying to get info on both companies.  Don't see much when I search.  Anyone work for either of these and can give me more info would be appreaciated.  ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

Which Companies Use
Oct 11, 2009

Escription or ExEditor VR?  TIA! ...

What Is With These Companies?
Dec 30, 2009

Can anyone answer me why is it that these MT companies hire you and they all promise you the sun, moon and stars.  Oh we have TONS of work. We guarantee you at least 11 accounts and 2,500 lines a day. Then you are sitting there 6 months later, waiting for jobs? I have experienced this many times. Can it be that its just bad management and they overhire? Does anyone know of a company that really does have TONS of work? I know this is the slow time of year, but many times its happened at othe ...

IC Companies
Mar 01, 2010

Are there any companies left who hire strictly IC status, and if so, pros and cons? Thanks! ...