A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any smaller transcription companies out ther - VeryTiredMT

Posted: Apr 10, 2013

It seems like all the "big" companies no one is happy with. Anyone know of any smaller companies that are hiring for work at home?  There must be an updated list out there somewhere of transcription companies of a smaller nature, but I can't find it. Any input is appreciated.

NEMT - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]
My only problem with them was the schedule, which was Tue-Sat from 3-6 pm.

Otherwise, I think they're a wonderful company. QA is terrific. If you need to IM and can't reach one person, there's always somebody else and they are very quick with responding. -- My second QA I fell to 97.6% and rec'd a call from the president of the company, who was so nice on the phone. She stressed the importance of absolute accuracy and how important I am to the company and they don't want to lose me. I thought that was so nice. The account I am on has no VR and the ESLs weren't too bad. The platform is great. I averaged $12-16/hour, and considering the current industry I think that's really good.

NEMT - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought you got out of MT and wanted everyone else to get out as well so that they could "feel the way that you do."

oh, no... - just wants us all out

[ In Reply To ..]
Shes super duper happy and trying to kill it for the rest of us.

Do as I say, not as I do.
Is it that time of the month? nm - Snow Bunny (the original)
[ In Reply To ..]

so sorry ... I'm GETTING OUT - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]
I gave my 2 weeks notice on Saturday and I'll be working elsewhere in May.

K?

NEMT - VeryTiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
What company are you talking about? And you didn't answer my question so what was the point? If it's one of the "big" companies, fill me in

I did answer your question - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]
NEMT is New England Medical Transcription. They're located in Woolwich, ME. The owner runs the business from her home. She has less than 300 employees. I call that small.

A good smaller company - Sunshine

[ In Reply To ..]
Landmark.

Size - Nina

[ In Reply To ..]
I think the OP is referring to companies with less than 10-20 worker bees.

Similar Messages:

Smaller Companies That Is Autopsy Transcription
Apr 24, 2012

been doing some research and found several companies that is autopsy transcription, anyone do this, have info  and care to share how the transcription differs from regular transcription?  very curious to know.      Thx in advance!! ...

Smaller Companies
Jun 06, 2010

How does one locate smaller companies? I am a recent grad trying to decide which way to go and am rather overwhelmed by everything I am reading. ...

"hip-ther-rhythmic Pattern? Help!!
Dec 11, 2009

Today we are doing peds neurology which I know very little about.  "Also, the findings were suggestive of a diffuse encephalopathy as well s/l "hip-ther-rhythmic" pattern consistent with documentation of infantile spasms. ...

Face It. Our Piece Of The Pie Is Smaller.
Sep 22, 2010

This used to be a career where many of us were able to ride the gravy train for awhile.  Don't get me wrong, we really worked hard for our money.  But, back in the day, we either had our own accounts and kept the entire cpl, or we worked for an MTSO who subcontracted to us or hired us to transcribe and we got a bigger piece of that cpl pie.  I made some fantastic money even 12 years ago.  I was working on tapes or rerecording on from my Skutch box. The years have advanc ...

Smaller Or Mid-sized MTSOs
Nov 10, 2011

Can anyone give some suggestions on finding some smaller MTSOs to work for - some websites to search, etc?  Most of the MTSOs that advertise seem to be larger.  I am hoping to find a better home!  TIA ...

SoftScript Is One Of The Smaller MTSO's But Has The Most Negative Feedback
Apr 03, 2013

nm ...

"HEENT Exam Reveals No"... S/l Ther-a-opt-ta-my?
Dec 08, 2009

"HEENT exam reveals no"... s/l ther-a-opt-ta-my? ...

WHAT ARE THE BEST TRANSCRIPTION COMPANIES
Aug 15, 2013

Hi everyone, this is my first time on this website.  Just to give you as brief a rundown as possible, I work for a hospital who has started to use Dragon and PowerNotes which, of course, eventually will mean that I will have no job.  I know that there are no perfect transcription companies to work for out of your home but considering this, all in all, who would be the top companies to work for?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Spanish Dictator. Cranial Nerves Exam - Smaller Right Pupil, No Ptosis, No Change In "sweating
Aug 15, 2014

x ...

Traveling Transcription Companies
Jun 28, 2011

Are there any traveling transcription companies out there?  Just wondering........... I would like to travel to different facilities for 10-13 week assignments.............Thanks ...

Are There Any Transcription Companies In Las Vegas?
Jul 15, 2011

Are there currently any transcription companies in Las Vegas?  I'm moving there and would love to try to find a job in-house but never hear of any.  ...

Transcription Companies Who Provide PC
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, anyone out there know of any work-from-home transcription companies that provide you with PC?   THANKS!! ...

List Of Transcription Companies
Jul 13, 2013

I came upon a great website that has tons of MTSOs and other types of transcription companies listed.  Some are out of date, but most are accessible.  Some say they are hiring; others say they are not.  It's a timesaver, for sure. http://freelancetranscriptionistroad.com/list-of-transcription-companies/ It's a website run by professional MTs.  ...

Good Transcription Companies?
Sep 05, 2013

Good Transcription Companies
Nov 08, 2013

Can anyone give me the name of good transcription companies you work for? ...

Radiology Transcription Companies?
Nov 18, 2014

I know it's a dying breed, but are there any GOOD companies out there still hiring for radiology transcriptionists? ...

Canadian Medical Transcription Companies
Sep 06, 2011

I was just wondering if anyone knew of companies hiring Canadian MTs as independent contractors, and what their reputations are like.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Are There Any Companies Left That Do Straight Transcription Instead Of VR?? NM.
Sep 11, 2011

x ...

What Companies Offer Straight Transcription Only
Jun 01, 2012

Does anyone know what companies are straight transcription? I am looking for an employee position not an IC. I really do not know the first thing about how to going about being an IC, so I will stick with what I know.   Thanks! ...

List Of Transcription Companies For Those Who Are Interested
Mar 09, 2014

http://freelancetranscriptionistroad.com/list-of-transcription-companies/ I hope the above can help anyone find other employment. These goliath companies are no place for anyone. ...

Looking For Current Feedback On Transcription Companies
Jan 01, 2015

I worked for MedQuist for over 10 yrs and then decided to take a little break, which I did.  I'm thinking about going back to work in medical transcription from home and would appreciate any current feedback you can give me on companies to avoid or that you recommend.  Thanks! Tricia ...

Same Old Tired Transcription Companies Hiring All The Time
Sep 20, 2012

I am currently working at a company and with the way things are going with all of these companies, I am just afraid of layoffs.  It's sad to see all of the same transcription companies on the job boards hiring, and it seems by reading the boards none of them are worth working for.  I sure wish when I decided to go into transcription I could have looked into the future a few years.  I have been doing transcription now for 6 years.  I am thankful I do have my job still and ...

Geez..are There ANY Good Transcription Companies Out There To Work For?
Oct 11, 2012

After reviewing all of the posts in here (which I am thankful for) I'm scared to work for any of them. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm down to bread and butter, here. Thank you! ...

Are There Any Companies Hiring P/t That Still Offer Straight Transcription (no VR)?
Dec 16, 2012

Looking for p/t straight transcription with a reliable company.  Are there any left that don't require VR? ...

Need Info On Legit Corporate Transcription Companies
Apr 09, 2013

I have a friend that would like to get into doing transcription so she can stay home with her kids.  She's done transcription before, but never medical.  I've done some research for her, but it's hard to tell which companies are legit or not.  Does anyone know of any companies that have corporate transcription and pay decently, other than Ubiqus, which isn't hiring right now? Thanks for your help! ...

Largest Transcription Companies Out There That Are Not Affiliated With Nuance?
Apr 10, 2014

What are some of the largest transcription companies out there that are not affiliated with Nuance?  It is way too hard to get a parttime job with smaller independent hospitals.  ...

Should The Insurance Companies Take Over The Daunting Task Of The Transcription Service?
Jun 21, 2012

It just seems like it would save a step, as far as billing goes, the M.D. would get reimbursed more quickly. Insurance companies may even pay MTs more? Wouldn't this have substantial savings in administrative and other costs? They would not have to keep trimming back on their transcription costs by lowering the MT pay rates. ...

Always See The Companies To Stay Away From, How About Companies To Go To?
Oct 23, 2012

I see many warnings about bogus companies but I need help to steer me to a good company or at least a company that is fair, hiring and gives a fair entrance test.  any ideas?   ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...