A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone work for a company that offers Kaiser Insurance to their employees? - kb

Posted: Apr 03, 2010

I live in California and MedQuist has just decided to cancel their contract with Kaiser which we have had for years.  I really don't want to start over finding a new doctor but I am willing to find a new place of employment so I can keep my insurance with Kaiser.  Thanks for the info.  It is very hard to find this information on the internet.

Kaiser - 15+ exp

[ In Reply To ..]
I also live in California, but have coverage on Kaiser through my husband's work (he works at Staples). Have you looked into getting an individual policy? My daughter got one cheaper than what her employer was offering.

Thanks for writing. They do have really cheap plans for young people... - kb

[ In Reply To ..]
The individual policy for my husband and I is really expensive as we are both in our 50s. We might just get one that has a really high deductible to keep our monthly payments down and hope we don't get sick too often. And then if we have something catastrophic, we are covered. Maybe I'll just have to go to work for Staples. Thanks for your reply.

I'd Stick with Kaiser - jm0405

[ In Reply To ..]
I would stick with hubby's insurance because A)It's all through CA - tons of clinics and hospitals and all B) Staples is more secure in employment with steady income versus MT work.

Similar Messages:

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

When A Company Offers - Sm
Dec 10, 2009

pay for an IC for a 65 readable character line, does that mean they don't pay for spaces?  ...

Anyone Work For A Company That Offers Quarterly Bonuses? 
Oct 14, 2011

Anyone work for a company that offers quarterly bonuses?  ...

FOR ALL TRANSCEND EMPLOYEES--INSURANCE
Nov 29, 2012

I found this link today https://secure.benergy.com/ASPX/EE/home.aspx?MenuItemId=72#   It goes to a different site than we have all been given to choose our health benefits.  Check out the prices and plans that apparently Nuance employees get to choose from.  Way more reasonable than what we've been given. ...

Health Insurance - If New Employees Have To Contact HR About Enrollment?
Jun 17, 2010

Anyone know if new employees have to contact HR about insurance enrollment, or do they contact you after 3 months of employment? ...

LINE RATES - A Company That Offers 7.6 Cpl On A 50 Character Line
Nov 14, 2010

I am starting with a company that offers 7.6 cpl on a 50 character line.  Is this good and what does it equal money wise on a 65 character line rate?   Thanks in advance. ...

Does This Company Ever Leave Their Employees Alone
Apr 27, 2013

Enough with the emails. I wake up to 10+ emails every day and then get numerous more throughout the day.  Raise your accuracy, raise your line counts, lower your MUP, you were 1 hour short of 40 hours, DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN! Sorry, I'm not sending your contested error through, it stands! Ohh and then the phone calls... blah blah blahhhhhhhhh OMG! I just want to work. Why won't you leave me alone?!  ...

DTS / Transcend - DTS Employees Transitioning To The New Company
May 11, 2011

I went through the Transcend orientation yesterday for (former) DTS employees transitioning to the new company.  It left me very, very, very sad.  Transcend's methodology is so different from DTS.  The requirement of the $900 per pay period of full-time employees will be so difficult to achieve on this new BeyondText speech recognition as my pay will be cut based on what other MTs have told me!!!  (That and IF the work is available which in the past with DTS has been very off and on.)  ...

Update On Turning In Company Designating Employees As ICs.LM
Apr 30, 2010

I'll say one thing - no wonder the MT industry is upside down.  For crying out loud, IRS referred me to DOL.  DOL referred me back to IRS.  When I persisted in wanting an answer from the DOL, I was told she would "have to talk to her supervisor to see if it was worth pursuing this issue."  I've not heard back.  I guess if I were a bigwig politician, I might actually get some attention to this matter.  It just amazes me that nobody seems to want to be respo ...

Opti-Script Employees? Any Info On This Company?
Jul 26, 2010

Job posting on the job seeker's board.  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks! ...

How Do You Report A Company Holding EMPLOYEES To 7 Day Weeks, W/o OT?
Jan 17, 2013

need advice. ...

At A New Job, Can Insurance Company Deny You Because Of
Oct 14, 2012

x ...

How The Heck Does A Company Sell For 1.1 Billion Dollars But Can't Pay Its Employees More???nm
Jul 06, 2012

x ...

Are There Any Companies Left That Still Provide A Company Computer For Employees? Sm
Oct 07, 2012

I'm just talking about employees here, not ICs.  It amazes me that as a company employee, we would not be provided the most important tool we need to work with all set up to company specs, loaded with company s/w.  If we worked on site, would we be expected to bring in our own computers?  I don't think so. Thanks. ...

Landmark Insurance - Does Landmark Offer To Full Time Employees?
Jan 24, 2012

What kind, if any, insurance does Landmark offer to full time employees? Medical, life, dental, etc Need medical and dental and thinking about taking a job here. ...

My Company Sent Out Health Insurance Enrollment
Nov 08, 2011

for a family plan will be in the range of $48K+ to over $50K per year. The company pays 3/4, something like $36,000+/year,  leaving me  about $1,000/per month to pay for the cheaper plan, $12k a year, for a policy with $2500 individual deductibles/$5000 per family before it even starts paying, plus copays. I wish I could get the company to pay me that $36K to go in the bank instead. If my husband had health insurance, I could go employee alone for $100/month (1/10th as much), but he ...

What Company Is Nuance Health Insurance Thru?
Oct 04, 2012

nm ...

What Company M-Modal Uses For Dental Insurance
Aug 28, 2013

Can anyone tell me what company M-Modal uses for dental insurance ...

Letter Today About Termination Of Kaiser Medical
Apr 02, 2010

Apparently they are making us switch to United Healthcare (probably cheaper I I think Kaiser is only in CA (???).   I really like my doctor at Kaiser but I guess I'll have to say good bye to her.  As for United, could anyone give me any info on this plan, whether you like it, what the insurance premiums are like for a single person, etc.  Any info appreciated :) Thanks!                     ...

Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Bay Area Uses Dragon
May 12, 2010

Kaiser Permanente started using Dragon vr software about 4 years ago. It started with one or two doctors, then gradually spread to all +/- 35 Radiologists.  I am now in "redeployment status"--Kaiser notified me late August 2009 that my job of 12 years is terminated as of August 2010.  Too bad landlords doesn't speak Hospital Efficiency...anyway, the idea was to give patients 'instant access' to their diagnoses, which I understand.  But ...

Any Advice On A Company With Good Health Insurance?
Jul 26, 2013

I am wondering if there are any companies left that provide FT employees good health insurance?  The kind that does not make you wait months or a year to be covered for preexisting conditions.  Thank you in advance for any input on this. ...

Company Health Insurance Question For Self And Spouse
Oct 16, 2013

What is the cost per paycheck for company health insurance for self plus spouse?  Any feedback on the quality of coverage?  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.  ...

Does Any Company Offer Med Insurance For Part-time?
May 20, 2015

x ...

MedQuist Pays $2 Million To Settle Lawsuit With Kaiser
Aug 20, 2010

http://philadelphia.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/stories/2010/08/16/daily23.html   Medical transcription services company MedQuist Inc. has agreed to pay Kaiser Permanente $2 million to settle a lawsuit in which the health-care company alleged MedQuist inflated its costs. Kaiser of Oakland, Calif., filed its lawsuit against MedQuist (NASDAQ:MEDQ) during the summer of 2008. Under the terms of the settlement, MedQuist of Mount Laurel, N.J., made a single lump sum payme ...

Company Requires "professional Liability Insurance" Through Employer.
Jun 04, 2010

Does anyone have experience with this? I am not sure what to think.  I feel that the record is the responsibility of the author and/or the supervising physician.  ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

Job Offers
Apr 19, 2012

I would be wary of job offers that expect you to test with multiple files.  I would be suspicious that this is simply how they get a lot of work done when they are short handed.  It's ridiculous to have to take such rigorous testing, especially when they are so picky about the length of time employed as an MT.  If the company is only considering those who have been MTs for 9 years or more, why such rigorous testing??  Sounds fishy to me. ...

2 Job Offers
Nov 06, 2013

Just received 2 job offers and am going back and forth on which one to accept. One is from SoftScript and the other is from Saince, both PT, both offer benefits once I go FT with them...same hours for both. Anyone have input on either company, positive or negative?....hopefully mostly positive? I have 2 days to figure this out. I know it's my decision, but I thought maybe reading some opinions might help me lean one way or the other. TIA ...

Plenty Of Job Offers
Dec 01, 2010

So here is a blindly obvious question. With all of the job ads on this site, who is getting hired? Are they actually real jobs that are being posted by "real" people who actually need MT work done? Are any of you applying and getting these jobs. I have found that there is NEVER a shortage of MT jobs to apply for. There are ALWAYS ads on several sites soliciting the help of both experienced and newer MT's. As many MT's that are on this site I think I would here a few more success s ...

More Jobs & Offers? (sm)
Apr 03, 2014

It seems there have been more jobs posted this week.  After only hearing from one company in the two months I've been searching for work I got two more offers to test and one possible offer on a job in the last two days.  I'd like to know i others have noticed this increase in work or if it's just coincidence.  It seems many lost work after the beginning of the year, so wondering if the providers had a rude awakening with unedited reports? ...