A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Bashing of SS and yet they pay early!! No one posts that! nm - Hmph!

Posted: Jan 21, 2011

x

And by the way, only day I ran out of work was 01/01/2011. nm - Hmph!

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Lucky you, but such is not the case for a lot of us. Why so hostile? sm - LTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I took this job with high hopes, ignoring the past negative posts, but after 3 months of not having enough work, it is hard to get too excited about anything. I have mentioned it, and I have seen others mention it -- yes, SoftScript pretty much always pays early, but it loses a bit of its shimmer when your check is $400 instead of more than twice that as it should be.

Again, I'm glad you have enough work, but I am surprised at your lack of compassion for the rest of us. I am the only one bringing in a check here, so times like these hurt.

Not So For Me - caninemom3

[ In Reply To ..]
While I am not trying to bash SS, I have to tell the truth at least as it pertains to my presonal experience. Have been there 3-1/2 years and have NEVER seen work so slow as right now. I have to practically BEG for work. I am the only one working so it is scary. Also, I get the impression "one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing" with them. Production manager says work is picking up and to e-mail
Q-manager to be assigned to a different account which I did. Q-manager writes back and says "check back in an hour." What's up with that ? If there is work why do I have to wait an hour ? I don't get it.
no work - med
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been at SS (part-time) since 2004. You are right, I have NEVER seen work this slow. I have constantly been running out of work for the last month (at least). I think they overhired for the accounts they have, and now they are scrambling because there is not enough work to go around

I have seen many posts about SS paying early. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

You are wrong. I have frequently said that they always pay on time and usually early. nm - SSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
My only complaint is being hired for full time and only getting enough work to qualify for part time. Defend that.

If you cant make decent wage due to no jobs, doesnt matter - how early check comes. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I'll bet you're the one who thought we should be grateful for a couple of hours of OT sm - Hmph indeed

[ In Reply To ..]
when we couldn't work for 12-14 hours on our regular shift the day before. I'm glad you have been so blessed to have work, but I have been suffering for a long time. And to rub salt in the wound they keep advertising for more people when there isn't enough work for the employees they have now. First it is the holidays, then the weather, then MLK day, then it is too cold ... next will we hear everyone is taking off for Valentine's Day?

Low work the day after V. Day will be because all the - drs ate too much chocolate and are sick. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

If they have no bread, then let them eat cake. nm - Marie Antoinette ... SS management

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Kewl. Good to know Marie is still with the company. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Marie - BJ

[ In Reply To ..]
We all know what happened to Marie

Similar Messages:

Bashing MQ
Mar 23, 2010

Just wondering how many of you use MQ equipment while doing this.  ...

Company Bashing
May 13, 2010

Having been on a break and out of the loop for a few weeks, I went back to read some of the posts I had missed.  I was shocked and appalled by the comments I read regarding TTS.  I am a former (retired) TTS employee.  I have worked for a number of companies during my career, some of them mentioned in the posts, and TTS is by far (in my opinion) the best.  During my years at TTS, I was always treated with courtesy and respect.  TTS is the only company that treated me like ...

Why All The Coding Bashing?
Jul 12, 2013

I am kind of upset to see all the coding route bashing going on, even on the main board.  I don't think deciding to change career path from MT into ANYTHING else is a bad decision.  Of course, we who are leaving MT and going into coding are not taking this decision lightly.  We do not think that coding is a PERFECT fix for our situations.  I myself am very apprehensive about how difficult the program will be and of course I have my worries about getting my foot in the do ...

Tired Of TransTech Bashing
Apr 20, 2011

Just once, it would be nice to see some positive feedback regarding TransTech.  I see all of the bashing on this board and rarely ever see any positive words.  TransTech is a good company;  I've been with them for 5+ years now and I LOVE THEM.  They are very helpful, always willing to accomodate time off requests, my pay check is always on time and correct to the penny, and they also have pretty good benefits.  If you run out of work, they are quick to give you a se ...

Why The VR Bashing? VR's Not The Problem. MTSOs Are.
Mar 05, 2013

If our production was supposed to "double" with VR, they could've easily just "doubled" our quota. This would've reduced our pay with the reduction/elimination of incentive pay, but at least we would've been able to preserve our cpl rate. VR isn't the problem, any more than expanders, shortcuts, macros, and even computers (versus typewriters and stenopads) were the problem. All of these things have boosted our productivity over the years, making individual MTs more productiv ...

With All The KS Bashing Here Any Time Anyone Mentions Them, I Wouldn't Be Surprised
Oct 04, 2011

This is how it went for Webmedx a few months before they sold to Nuance.  I sure hope not, because I love my job and do not want to go back to working for Medquist. ...

My Message Was Harmless Yet Removed! Why Does The Moderator Leave All Kinds Of Bashing Messages But
Oct 25, 2011

seems out of sort, sorry! Just don't get it! ...

What The $?#.NJA Already,its So Early.The Last
Jan 26, 2012

getting none of my usual primary, None.  And already this a.m. NJA.  Davenport sincere LOL,   blahblahblah.  this is rediculous ...

SS Paying Early
Jan 21, 2011

Waiting with baited breath for someone to repost all of the SS pays early testimonies.  cracking me up - its always good to laugh uncontrollably. anyone ever read a P&P manual? ignorance is bliss.  ...

I Know It Is A Little Early, But I Wanted To Be The First.
Dec 31, 2011

nm ...

Early Retirement ?
Dec 17, 2012

Thinking about taking early retirement and just working part time.  I understand I can make a little over 14,000 without reduction in social security benefits.  I would however have to purchase private insurance until I am old enough for Medicare.  Anyone done this or have any input on it?   ...

I've Had It, Done, Over. I Got Up Early To Get Many Things Done Sm
Dec 28, 2012

since I found out last night that I am having unexpected overnight houseguests tonight.  In-laws suddenly don't have room....Not only is my house a mess from entertaining both xmas eve and xmas while trying to get in work which was nearly impossible because there wasn't any, but I was low on food, my son had a doc's appt for a cough that he has had for 3 weeks now, and we are expecting a snowstorm tomorrow.  I ran around like a wild woman al ...

So I Ran Out Of Work Early
Dec 30, 2012

When I looked at the status, there were a handful of accounts listed. Put in my Remedy ticket and messed around for a cpl hours..I've had work ever since and when I check the status there are a ton of accounts listed. Not that I am complaining, just seems weird ...

OMG! Paid A Day Early
Nov 28, 2013

I have my banking alerts set up so I get texted when there is activity in the account, and I woke up to a text saying I had a direct deposit! Payday a day early! (yes I did check the payroll calendar) Unfortunately, my next pay period will suck big time as there is no work and I doubt there will be all weekend. ...

Where's April And Early May?
May 11, 2015

Why isn't April showing up in the Archives?  I don't see anything from about May 1-5 either.  ...

What Is Going On At Accentus?! I've Not Been Able To Work Since Early Wed.
Aug 17, 2012

According to my info, my only acct has asked the Accentus not to transcribe. QRS is on vacation. No real info from anyone else. Is this something that happens frequently at this company? You are just told to stop working & hang on? Obviously, people can't afford to be that casual. ...

It's So Nice To Go To Bed Early, Set Your Alarm,
Dec 27, 2012

force yourself to get up early on a freezing cold morning, make coffee, boot everything up, start all your programs, and then.......... NJA. ...

Early Retirement 29 Days Away
Jun 03, 2013

39 work days left at this God for saken company.  Early retirement is more money before taxes even with the $200 penalty for taking early retirement.  No more 65 hour work weeks between 2 jobs.  Working part time, 25 hours, as a cashier and customer service rep in a gocery store and making more money than at MModal.    39 Work Days Left at MModal!!!!!!!!!  If not sooner if I can afford it!!!!! ...

Early Social Security
Jun 29, 2013

How do you go about getting early SS??  How early can you get it.  I am in my 50's so is that too early?  I remember my mom did that but she was older and she still worked 3 days a week and as long as she kept under a certain amount she was allowed to do both. ...

Too Early For Miller Time
Nov 27, 2014

Coffee anyone? ...

Thanks For Making Us All Get Up Early And Ruin Our New
Jan 01, 2015

Year's Eve knowing work was low & we were overscheduled.......... ...

I Believe The Lock-out Has Started Early. Just Got NJA 4 Minutes
Mar 08, 2010

to go in my shift and there are plenty of jobs on the backlog on all my accounts.  If this is how it works --I dont like it.  I had to take a little bit longer lunch break and was going to work a little extra--- guess not -LOL! Anyone else had this today? ...

Well, Received An Email Early This Morning
May 23, 2010

that my account was in critical backlog. I worked my shift as I'm supposed to.....and got NJA with 40 minutes to go in my shift...lol. It's the longest day I've worked in weeks because I always run out, but CRITICAL backlog?  I highly doubt it. ...

Salary At Early 1990s Level
Jul 18, 2010

I have been with my current company for a number of years, but due to a number of changes that have been instituted in just the last few years, I have realized about a 37% reduction in income, at the same time that I am considered "one of their best," and am back to my income level of the early 1990s.  I see foreclosure looming.  That VR/SR has become the majority of the work is the largest factor in this drop.  Are there MTs who are working for companies with little or no VR ...

Viewing Medquist Pay Stubs Early FYI....sm
Apr 20, 2011

For those of you who don't know (I just found this out myself a couple weeks ago) you can view this Friday's paycheck stub on Utilipro. They post them on the Wednesday before payday.   Your user name is your MQ email address and the password is the same password you use when you sign onto the MQ Central site. ...

Co-workers Signing Off Shift Early
May 16, 2011

Do any of you have this problem? There are several us on one particularly account. They will either sign off 5-6 hours into their 8 hr shift (saying they've met their minimum quota)or sometimes on weekends just leave work not done til the next day. I have the last shift and have to stay until all docs are finished no matter how late. Therefore, I get "mop up" duty every day. Any helpful suggestions? Oh, by the way, they "cherry pick" the short reports and I get left with the extremely long ...

15 More Work Days--Early Retirement Here I Come
Jul 02, 2013

15 days and early retirement.  Can't wait until I write my letter to MModal to tell them what I think of them--will not do any good and will probably give them a good laugh for the day.  Used to love this job, but now HATE it.  Social Security with penalty and working 25 hours making more money and will be the end of 65 hour work weeks to make ends meet.  VIRTUAL RETIREMENT PARTY!!!!!! ...

Retired 10 Working Days Early
Jul 17, 2013

Well, after last thursday night such bad dictators and made no money--so just getting min wage, I finally retired 10 working days early.  So sad when you can make more money working 25 hours a week in a grocery store as a customer service rep, cashier, and working on self-scans.  Such a relief to get away from this company.  Hope you all have a good summer and I am out of here.  ...

Nice Statins For Possible Early Thrush. :)-nm
Aug 02, 2013

nm ...

Early Matheration? Of Iliac Crest Bone Graft?
Nov 09, 2009

There is early matcheration of the iliac crest bone graft. The ...