A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anybody have any recent info on Web MedX? sm - dee

Posted: Jan 21, 2011

Are they a good company to work for?  Positives and negatives welcome.  Thanks! 

It's a good company for skilled people to make money, just - mediocre for low producers.

[ In Reply To ..]
The incentive pay system rewards more and more the more you produce and is probably one of the best in the industry. Benefits that "reward" not producing, even inadvertently, like PTO, etc., are just so-so.

Okay if you don't ever want to be promoted - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
They tend to hire from without and just as quickly fire the same people. They don't seem to see it worth their while to train anyone from within unless they live near or work at one of their facilities. So those who do go up in the company usually do so because they know someone. If you don't have any buddies in high places at Webmedx and ever want to advance in the company, it's not a good place to work. Otherwise, if you just want to forever stay in the position you take, it might be okay. However, know they did have a layoff not that long ago. There's not a sense of security at Webmedx anymore since they fired people who had been with the company for years and some who were high producers. Not sure they know what the heck they're doing most of the time, but neither do many other MT companies. It's a toss-up, I'm afraid.

Don't know about promotions. As a remote MT - WMX person

[ In Reply To ..]
who wanted a good job as a remote MT, this has been a good job. They also offer very helpful training assistance to help increase skills, and thus speed and income.

Yes (sm) - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I wrote the post to which you replied. I agree with your post. I would add that it's probably not good for it to be a sole source of income for a sole provider, because there are times of low work or other issues that prevent working. However, that's pretty typical in this field.

That's not been my experience. They promote from within - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
Open positions are posted on the community page.

How do you know that they "tend to hire from without and just as easily fire the same people" ? That's a pretty strong statement.

You also state, "There's not a sense of security at Webmedx anymore since they fired people who had been with the company for years and some who were high producers" - again, you talk as if you are upper management and were in on those decisions. Where are you getting your information?

My guess is that you are a disgruntled MT that was let go and are now slinging mud.

Also, speculate all you want but you have no idea why anyone was truly let go from the company. The exception to that is the 20 or so MTs that were let go a few months ago due to a large account that ended.

She got her information where the rest of us do - other posters

[ In Reply To ..]
Look up the old threads where the people actually laid off were talking on this forum. Its no secret what was done and to whom, no matter how desperately anyone (paid by corporate) tries to whitewash it now.

It is obvious from the tone of all Webmedx threads lately that is exactly what is occurring, so spare us the long drawn out tale of how you are nothing but a deliriously happy MT. We are no longer as naieve as you might hope.
Ha! So you're saying that just because someone posts on this board... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
...then it makes it the truth? Baaahaaahhahahaha! That is the funniest thing I've heard so far this year.
And the glaring lack of communication from corporate - leaves us with nothing else!
[ In Reply To ..]
Glad I could amuse you. I find it equally amusing that there are so many happy, wonderfully satisfied Webmedx employees posting here...yeah, I believe THAT too, LOL!!!!!
Yes, there are some very happy WMXers posting here. - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
See Link.
How do we know some is not one posting multiple times? - proves nuttin
[ In Reply To ..]
There are some very unhappy Wmxers as well. There are 2 sides to everything, and each person's perception may vary according to their own experience.
Then the same goes for the naysayer posters. Could be the same person - posting multiple times.sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Back at ya.
You sure are invested in this discussion - are much are they paying you to be?
[ In Reply To ..]
As I said before, each person's experience may vary. I am willing to acknowlege that all is rainbows and roses at Webmedx. You seem very invested in trying to debunk any negative word said against them - and a lot of it cannot be debunked, sorry. So why are you expending so much energy denying what the majority of their current employees know to be true?
Actually, no (sm) - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I got my information from my own experience working at the company. I'm still there. But I wouldn't be surprised if there are plenty who have said the same thing on these boards.

I don't hate the company. I don't think it's a good place for someone who hopes to climb the ladder, however, as I said in my post. Apparently, the Webmedx Defender would like to believe that everything's cut and dried: You either love the company 100% or hate it completely because you were fired for something. That's not reality.

What's weird to me is when somebody comes out of the woodwork like this and attacks someone for saying anything that they don't deem 100% glowing review of their employer. Do they think any employer is going to be loyal to them? Webmedx is okay, but at the end of the day, it's just a job to me. I've long ago lost any notion that we're family and that they actually care about me. It's a paycheck, and I'm okay with that.
Well, I've been with the company for many years and - just the facts
[ In Reply To ..]
...I have personally seen job postings on the community page. I personally know some of the MTs who have moved into those positions from within the company.

They were promoted from within.

The facts are... - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
more often than not positions are NOT advertised to employees before they're filled. If you know of anyone promoted from within (and they are very, very few and none in the recent past), go back to what I said in my original post: They've usually got buddies in high places or work in or near one of the Webmedx offices. That might offer you a chance of being promoted if that's what you want in a company.

We have only to look at the last several STMs hired and now no longer with Webmedx to see the pattern of hiring from without and then letting them go. That's factual, not something that can be disputed. I'm pretty sure, like someone else in this discussion noted, these positions were not advertised to current employees, either.

If you don't care to climb in the company, it's a non-issue. I am not sure climbing in this company is something worth striving for. Too many people have come and gone. Sometimes it's a blessing to be considered a little guy.

I know from experience. sm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds like you've made quite a few assumptions. Open positions are not always posted on the Community Page. Read your handbook. And note the last several positions that have been filled were not advertised. These are facts that can't be disputed.

In reply to your question, I know because of being here years with my eyes open. You'd have to either be new or living under a rock to not see how many people have been hired from without and just as quickly fired. These are facts, so yup I'm pretty comfortable with the statement.

Your guess is wrong. In fact, I'm still with the company. Why make such a silly assumption just because you don't like what someone says? And you have no clue as to who I am so how would you know what I do or don't know?

Don't assume that just because someone says something you don't agree with or like that they hate the company or are, as you say, "slinging mud." If you reread the post without looking for someone to fight with, you might see that I said it's okay if you don't intend to go up in the company. If someone hated the company, they wouldn't likely recommend it whatsoever. And if someone DID hate the company, why would you feel such a need to silence them? Seems kind of silly and insecure. People come here to communicate. Don't like what they have to say? Keep movin'.

Then how do you explain ANOTHER new STM (AP) - Opening was NOT posted.

[ In Reply To ..]
Got an e-mail from yet another new STM - I know for a fact that job was never posted. I check the Career Center postings every day.
Yes, yet another job filled without opening hiring to - all employees. Frustrating. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Wonder if this STM will last any longer than the last one they hired from outside? (I never saw a job posting for that one on the Community Page, either).
There was no posting for the one who did not last either - You are correct.
[ In Reply To ..]
Nope, she slid in and slid out quietly. Guess nobody thought we would notice that she was given her position without it having been posted.
No new STMs. Some are moving from ChartMatrix. - that explains it. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Ask that "new" STM if he/she came from ChartMatrix.
That's incorrect. Maybe you aren't aware we've had two - and lost two recently. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Communication is never great, so it's understandable if you didn't know.

Prob'ly depends on your mgr, QA and - the account itself

[ In Reply To ..]
which might explain the diverse opinions. Poor communication seems to come up a lot.

Similar Messages:

Does Anybody Have Any Recent Info On Web MedX?
Jan 29, 2011

Are they a good company to work for?  Are the benefits any good?  Do you have to type so many lines to get any benefits?  Are they pretty flexible?  etc, etc   Positive and negative comments welcome.  Thanks!  ...

Transcend/web Medx/TTS
Nov 30, 2011

I need some honest opinions...out of these companies which would be the best to go with right now? I've heard some not so great things about Webmedx but they supposedly offer an incentive program and the others don't. I just really need to get out of the place I'm at bad because we're running out of work fast and it's getting harder and harder to make it. Please respond, thanks!! ...

Any Information On I MedX?
Jan 23, 2013

XXX ...

What Platform Does I-MedX Use?
Oct 27, 2014

Thanks ...

Does Anyone Know If I-Medx Is Hiring PT?
Apr 21, 2015

nm ...

I-Medx - Anyone Do That NW US Acct?
May 09, 2015

nm ...

Is Anyone At I-Medx Doing The Hospital In Ore. That
May 12, 2015

nm ...

I-MedX. How Do You Open Attachments In Email?
Jan 02, 2015

I've tried everything I can think of and get no answers. ...

Trans Tech, OSi/Nuance, Keystrokes, Web MedX
Jan 28, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on any of these companies?  Also, are their benefits any good?  These are the ones that I've heard about most often on here and have heard the best comments about, so I'm thinking about applying with them...   Positive and negative comments welcome.  ...

I-MedX Time Sheets. Can't Send And MN Is "no Longer
Dec 16, 2014

nm ...

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jan 10, 2010

Looking for information about Global Info Systems.  Can anyone telll me anythihng about them.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Have Info/work For Global Info In Texas???
Jul 04, 2012

Need to know any info ASAP on I think its called Global Info Systems or something like that out of Texas. Lots of clinic work, but low low line rate offered. Need to know about management, stability, VR reality, workload, response from tech support, etc. Also, are these clinics in India? Thanks for any help! ...

If You Can't Get Course Info Without Leaving Info So They Can Call/spam You
Sep 12, 2012

It isn't easy to get off some of the spam and phone call lists when you click for more information about some of these courses. I've found that for me, it isn't worth it to get that information if I am giving up my privacy. Some of these people are relentless! You can't get away from them once they get your information. There is one in particular that makes sure you hear from them every day in one form or another. They become your best friend, even if you weren't lookin ...

Any Info On GIS (Global Info Systems) Out Of TX? I
Jan 21, 2012

I applied for an MT position with them.  I don't see anything recent on the boards and wondered if they were a good company to work for.  TIA ...

Global Info Systems - Info?
Dec 13, 2012

I am testing with GIS this evening, does anyone have any information on this company. I am currently working with TTS, they do not even pay 4 CPL for editing. I feel like this business has become a legalized form of slavery. The only business where with over 10 years of experience, your pay goes down. ...

Info On TTD, Inc?
Oct 22, 2009

Hi any info on this co. is much appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Any Info On MD-IT?
Nov 01, 2009

Does anyone have any information or experience with MD-IT such as platform, pay, etc?  I have tried doing a search of past and recent archives and was uanble to find anything. ...

OSI - Any Info
Jan 15, 2010

Any info would be helpful. ...

I Just Need To Add, Regarding The CMT Info
Mar 26, 2010

My current CCM is one of the best of the many I've had. I had previously worked with her on this account from1999 until we were sold to MQ in 2005; she is my 6th or 7th CCM here at MedQuist. She is very familiar with our hospital, very friendly, easy to communicate with, quick to answer emails, and always keeps us up to date. The CMT differential was mentioned earlier as part of MQ new plan; if you have not heard yet, maybe your CCM has not gotten around to it.  The 0.005 cpl i ...

Does Anyone Have Any Info On MD-IT
Mar 31, 2010

Does anyone have any info on MD-IT other than what's on their site?  I didn't find anything in the archives and was wondering if they're a good company to work for. Thanks! ...

MD-IT Info?
Jun 16, 2010

Does anybody have any info on MD-IT?  I cannot find much at all and nothing very current.  thanks. ...

Info On OSI?
Jul 19, 2010

So what is there to know about OSI before I make a life-changing decision? Minimum line count for FT? Approximate cpl for a "very experienced" MT, for straight typing; cpl for VR? Do they use 65 ch/l? I heard that their system apparently allows MTs to produce +30%...I find that extremely hard to believe. I'm doing 250-300 l/hr consistently on my relatively ancient system, using AutoCorrect on Word, rather than a regular abbreviation program. How in the world could OSI's system impr ...

Info On DSG
Jul 29, 2010

Does anyone have any info on DSG in regards to platform, work availability, VR, etc?  I can't seem to get the search function work.  Thanks in advance! ...

Any Info On TTS?
Jul 29, 2010

x ...

Any New Info On MD-IT?
Sep 02, 2011

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has information on MD-IT.  I could not find anything in the archives.  Is this a good company?  Do they pay on time?  Most important, opinions on their platform.  Is it easy to use?  Does it use Word?  I would appreciate any input you ladies & gents might have. Thanks! ...

DTS - Any Info?
Oct 18, 2011

Hey guys! Just wondered if anybody has ANY information on DTS out of Oklahoma. I have searched old posts, but only found a few things. I have been offered a job with them, but would like to find out some of your opinions regarding them before jumping in with both feet! Any information, good or bad, would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! ...

Need Info Regarding VR.
Oct 25, 2011

I have never worked on VR.  I have applied at a few companies, one of which replied that 90% of their work was speech editing, paying 0.04 cpl.  On average, how many lines do you do a day with VR in a 7- to 8-hour period?  Trying to figure out if taking this job is feasible.  Thanks !!!     ...

MD-IT - Anybody Had Any Info On Them
Nov 09, 2011

I'm thinking about taking a job with them and was just wondering if anybody had any info on them.  Are they easy to work for, pay on time, any info would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Have More Info On CAC?
Jan 19, 2012

I was doing my own research and ran across this and would like to know if anyone has an opinion on whether CAC is going to change the scope of the coders job down the road?  Good or Bad?    https://ahima.confex.com/ahima/cacs2012/cfp.cgi ...