A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Need info regarding VR. - needingajob

Posted: Oct 25, 2011

I have never worked on VR.  I have applied at a few companies, one of which replied that 90% of their work was speech editing, paying 0.04 cpl.  On average, how many lines do you do a day with VR in a 7- to 8-hour period?  Trying to figure out if taking this job is feasible.  Thanks !!!    

probably the best your gonna get - sucks hey

[ In Reply To ..]
And you will probably make minimum wage.

Not so much about the pay but... - needingajob

[ In Reply To ..]
I need to know how many lines per hour MTs average on this so I can decide whether or not it's worth it. I'm not taking a job that I will make less than I did on my previous job. For minimum wage, I'll go work has a cashier. Less stress.

It depends on the VR system and variables - CB

[ In Reply To ..]
On my last job (ExText, headers counted, good VR), I averaged 450-500. On current job (M-Modal based, no headers, more time entering ADT patient info) so far only about 300 lph, but hopefully that will improve.

Around 1200 give or take - Cheesey

[ In Reply To ..]
Most of my work is VR, but I get a few strait transcriptions thrown in a few times...so it's hard to say. Yesterday I worked 8 hours and got about 1400 lines in. But then other days, I seem to get all the ESL and only pull like 1000 in 8 hours.

I'm getting paid 0.038

Similar Messages:

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jan 10, 2010

Looking for information about Global Info Systems.  Can anyone telll me anythihng about them.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Have Info/work For Global Info In Texas???
Jul 04, 2012

Need to know any info ASAP on I think its called Global Info Systems or something like that out of Texas. Lots of clinic work, but low low line rate offered. Need to know about management, stability, VR reality, workload, response from tech support, etc. Also, are these clinics in India? Thanks for any help! ...

If You Can't Get Course Info Without Leaving Info So They Can Call/spam You
Sep 12, 2012

It isn't easy to get off some of the spam and phone call lists when you click for more information about some of these courses. I've found that for me, it isn't worth it to get that information if I am giving up my privacy. Some of these people are relentless! You can't get away from them once they get your information. There is one in particular that makes sure you hear from them every day in one form or another. They become your best friend, even if you weren't lookin ...

Any Info On GIS (Global Info Systems) Out Of TX? I
Jan 21, 2012

I applied for an MT position with them.  I don't see anything recent on the boards and wondered if they were a good company to work for.  TIA ...

Global Info Systems - Info?
Dec 13, 2012

I am testing with GIS this evening, does anyone have any information on this company. I am currently working with TTS, they do not even pay 4 CPL for editing. I feel like this business has become a legalized form of slavery. The only business where with over 10 years of experience, your pay goes down. ...

Info On TTD, Inc?
Oct 22, 2009

Hi any info on this co. is much appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Any Info On MD-IT?
Nov 01, 2009

Does anyone have any information or experience with MD-IT such as platform, pay, etc?  I have tried doing a search of past and recent archives and was uanble to find anything. ...

OSI - Any Info
Jan 15, 2010

Any info would be helpful. ...

I Just Need To Add, Regarding The CMT Info
Mar 26, 2010

My current CCM is one of the best of the many I've had. I had previously worked with her on this account from1999 until we were sold to MQ in 2005; she is my 6th or 7th CCM here at MedQuist. She is very familiar with our hospital, very friendly, easy to communicate with, quick to answer emails, and always keeps us up to date. The CMT differential was mentioned earlier as part of MQ new plan; if you have not heard yet, maybe your CCM has not gotten around to it.  The 0.005 cpl i ...

Does Anyone Have Any Info On MD-IT
Mar 31, 2010

Does anyone have any info on MD-IT other than what's on their site?  I didn't find anything in the archives and was wondering if they're a good company to work for. Thanks! ...

MD-IT Info?
Jun 16, 2010

Does anybody have any info on MD-IT?  I cannot find much at all and nothing very current.  thanks. ...

Info On OSI?
Jul 19, 2010

So what is there to know about OSI before I make a life-changing decision? Minimum line count for FT? Approximate cpl for a "very experienced" MT, for straight typing; cpl for VR? Do they use 65 ch/l? I heard that their system apparently allows MTs to produce +30%...I find that extremely hard to believe. I'm doing 250-300 l/hr consistently on my relatively ancient system, using AutoCorrect on Word, rather than a regular abbreviation program. How in the world could OSI's system impr ...

Info On DSG
Jul 29, 2010

Does anyone have any info on DSG in regards to platform, work availability, VR, etc?  I can't seem to get the search function work.  Thanks in advance! ...

Any Info On TTS?
Jul 29, 2010

x ...

Any New Info On MD-IT?
Sep 02, 2011

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has information on MD-IT.  I could not find anything in the archives.  Is this a good company?  Do they pay on time?  Most important, opinions on their platform.  Is it easy to use?  Does it use Word?  I would appreciate any input you ladies & gents might have. Thanks! ...

DTS - Any Info?
Oct 18, 2011

Hey guys! Just wondered if anybody has ANY information on DTS out of Oklahoma. I have searched old posts, but only found a few things. I have been offered a job with them, but would like to find out some of your opinions regarding them before jumping in with both feet! Any information, good or bad, would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! ...

MD-IT - Anybody Had Any Info On Them
Nov 09, 2011

I'm thinking about taking a job with them and was just wondering if anybody had any info on them.  Are they easy to work for, pay on time, any info would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Have More Info On CAC?
Jan 19, 2012

I was doing my own research and ran across this and would like to know if anyone has an opinion on whether CAC is going to change the scope of the coders job down the road?  Good or Bad?    https://ahima.confex.com/ahima/cacs2012/cfp.cgi ...

Pay Info
May 14, 2012

I am thinking of applying to MModal and would like to know about what they pay.  Can anyone help me out with this info.  I have been an MT for about 3 years.  Thanks in advance for the info.   ...

Looking For Info On TNI, LLC
Feb 19, 2013

Looking for information on TNI, LLC.  I was offered a position by them but in 20 years have never really heard of showing proof of a business license or proof from the state that you do not need one.  Also, anyone ever heard of being charged for mistakes or blanks left in a report? ...

Any GIS Info?
Jun 28, 2013

Hello, does anyone have any info regarding GIS? ...

Any TTS Info?
Jul 22, 2013

Just wondering any thoughts on TTS. I see they post a lot for openings, but not always a bad thing, may be expanding. Just looking for any positive or negative feedback. Thanks much! ...

W-2 Info
Jan 14, 2014

Does anyone know if we can print out or W2 from Ultipro and, if so, how? Wish lawmakers would pass the "laws" so that we can file already.  TIA ...

GIS Tax Info
Jan 18, 2014

Does anybody have the official name and address for GIS?  Want to file my taxes but don't have the info on them. ...

Some Info On FN
Sep 29, 2014

The company representatives had assured us that the work was no longer going to be done on the M-Modal platform.  It was to be phased out quickly.  Once again, this has not proven to be true.  Many accounts are still on this platform and the bulk of the work overall is still on this gosh awful platform which for this company is impossible to make a decent living.  This is just an update and warning for those looking for work because if you ask the recruiter or other represen ...

No Info Yet???!!
Oct 29, 2014

So those of you who had meetings today, have they given any $ amounts yet or meaning to what's happening in 3 days? I can't stand it! We haven't even heard anything about a meeting for us :( Any info could be emailed to me! ...

Where Ever Did They Get Their Info?
Jan 14, 2015

IDK where they got their info from, but obviously it is NOT for most of the companies we work for! http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-transcriptionists.htm ...

Any Info About This Company?
Oct 11, 2009

This company has an ad on the job board...anyone work for them.  Any info at all appreciated!  ...

Info On TransTech Please?
Oct 14, 2009

Any information on this company would be greatly appreciated.  TIA! ...