A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any updates on Spheris? - Reg

Posted: Mar 31, 2010

I have a phone interview with them in April.  I noticed there were posts about them going bankrupt, etc.   I'm fairly new to this, and need a job right away.

I'd say go ahead with it - MO MT

[ In Reply To ..]
They will be acquired by another company soon. Even if you are only with them for a short while (and I believe most, if not all, employees will simply go along with whoever buys Spheris) it will be good experience. They have a good training program and working looks better on your resume than not working. I work for Spheris and it has been quite all right for me. :) Good luck.

Yup, Spheris will be a good experience all right - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Especially when you have to get in line with the other creditors and take 10 cents on the dollar for your salary owed. Wake up, people!

just read the MQ board - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
because most likely MQ will buy Spheris, and you will then be a MQ employee.

Good times!
Doesn't change a thing I said - MO MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not nuts about what I read about MQ, either, but if I had listened to all the belly-aching about Spheris on these boards, I'd never have started with them either. Different folks get different mileage, even at MQ.

We'll see what happens. I am betting salaries will be paid.

And for a beginner, training is training and working is better than not working.
to MO MT - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you completely....experience and a job is better than no experience and no job.

I just hate the fact that there is such a pattern at MQ, one that my eyes have finally been opened to after reading this board for the past 6 months. Things will seem fairly ok and normal in the short-term after MQ buys up a company, but then slowly but surely, things will begin to change, and not ever in a positive way from an MT's perspective.
Nothing has changed for the better industry-wide - MO MT
[ In Reply To ..]
As far as the nationals go, I don't believe there has been a positive change... well, ever. This is not a profession I would enter as a young 'un today unless it were on a local level or small company level. However, having a bit of experience might help someone getting that type of job.

Trust me, I'm not that crazy about going to MQ. But I'll have to see how it goes before I completely throw up my hands.
Everyone should review MQ's past track record - Past victim
[ In Reply To ..]
with fair pay, fair counting of lines, etc. Read the lawsuit information. Do you really want to work for these folks?
spheris & MQ - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
As a current MQ employee and from what info I've been given about Spheris, the current Spheris employees will work on the Spheris accounts that MQ obtains. They then will be slowly added to the current MQ accounts according to region and available openings as needed.

I've been with MQ for 5 years and never had any problems with my pay/line counts. I suggest that when you read from the MQ board, take it in with a grain of salt. Not all of us have had problems or a negative experiences. It really depends on the region you're in and the supervisor(s) you have.

The most current issue is with the report accountability. We now can send reports directly to the client and bypass QA based on whether we think QA could figure out any blanks or not. As well, overuse of QA will now result in less cpl on those reports after a specified % of submissions (lines) has been reached. This seems to have created a problem with those folks already having a very high QA submission rate. Many indicate that is primarily due to heavy ESL, but now they can send it directly to the client to figure out instead of QA.

Every MTSO has disgruntled and happy employees (past and present)and from what I've heard about Spheris, it would be a very good starting point.
Working is not better than not working - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
if you are not being paid correctly.
working - anon1
[ In Reply To ..]
the discussion MO MT and I were having relates to a NEWBIE. Newbies cannot afford to be picky about any job prospect these days. They are competing with much more experienced MTs for the same work.

Similar Messages:

Medquist Buys Spheris For $116 Million, Spheris Execs Get Their $850K Bonus
Apr 15, 2010

Having paid too much you can be assured their will be layoffs a plenty in about 6 mos time. ...

SPHERIS ON AUCTION BLOCK TODAY - Transcend Submits Bid To Acquire Spheris - See Press Release
Apr 13, 2010

HOT OFF THE PRESS SEE BELOW     Transcend Submits Bid to Acquire Spheris     ATLANTA, Apr 09, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- TRANSCEND SERVICES, INC. /quotes/comstock/15*!trcr/quotes/nls/trcr (TRCR 17.43, +0.13, +0.75%) , the third largest provider of medical transcription services to the U.S. healthcare market, announced today that it has submitted a bid to acquire substantially all of the assets of Nashville, Tennessee-based Spheris, Inc. and the stock of ...

TTS Updates Anyone?
Oct 12, 2013

Does anyone have any updates on their status or employment with TTS?  Is the pay comparative to the usual 4/8?  Everything posted here is old and some of it very old.  Just curious about the company since they are posting help-wanted ads.  Thank! ...

Does Anyone Have Any Updates On DIT Transcription?
Mar 24, 2013

Does anyone have any updates on DIT Transcription? ...

Backlog Updates -- What Are They For???
Jul 11, 2014

Can anyone explain what good backlog reports are or what purpose they serve.  Its not like we can pick the hospitals that have the most reports, or we can work overtime to clear out the accounts, or we can jump on the system to clear something out if it is not our appointed work schedule.  What good are they?  New TSM is constantly sending these meaningless reports out, that I can't understand because of all the abbreviations, and they are just taking time away from my typing ...

Hmmmm...updates Few And Far Between...
Sep 19, 2014

What does it say when your supervisor, who used to send twice-daily backlog and general info updates, hardly ever sends ANY anmore??? Feels more and more like a sinking ship..... ...

Microsoft Updates
Nov 19, 2014

Just had a weird thing happen to me. On Tuesdays they typically send out Microsoft updates which are usually to see if you have any kind of virus on your computer. Usually, this only takes a few minutes to configure my computer and this time, I thought it never would stop. Honestly, it was at least an hour to configure my computer. I think something is wrong. The only other thing I updated was Adobe Flash. Anyway, it was weird and scary. Thought I was not going to be able to do an ...

Any Updates On Landmark?
Feb 02, 2015

I haven't seen any posts regarding Landmark in quite a while. Just wondering if it's still the land of NJA over there? I also haven't seen any ads for job openings for them. I remember they used to advertise monthly. Just wondering if they are still in business?? ...

Transcend/not Getting Daily Updates?
Dec 03, 2009

I work for Transcend and there are intermittent times where I go 48 hours without getting a status update and then WHAM, I get the last 48 hours' worth, and there can be 15-20 status updates over those last 48 hours.  One person told me it was my settings, but it's not, because I get them all other times and I get emails from others during the time when I don't get any from Transcend, and it's only from Transcend that this happens.  Has it happened to anybody else.& ...

MS Updates Doing Crazy Things..HELP
May 28, 2010

My computer is experiencing weird things lately.  I dont know what to do.  One night I went to bed and everything was fine...it was "updating".  I get up the next day, sit down to work and my word2003 is different now.  Another time, i.e. last Sunday, went to be, get up next morning and my Stedmans is completely NOT working...had to reinstall and according to Stedmans, this happens with Microsoft updates.  Now this one is the weirdest of all.  I went to bed last nig ...

To Those Sending Out Backlog Updates:
Apr 17, 2012

It would be very helpful if you would state whether or not OT is approved.  Never sure if you're referring to part-timers & people who need to make up hours versus allowing us to hop on for OT. ...

Oracle - Any Current Updates?
Jun 24, 2014

Most of what I could find in the archives is older information.  Any current employees or any good/bad facts that are more up to date regarding payscale, etc.?  Any and all info is truly appreciated.  Thanks ...

Mandatory System Updates
Jul 14, 2014

How do we enter this in WebClock?  I don't want to bring down my production time which in turn brings down PTO pay.   ...

Does Anyone Actually Read TSM Daily Updates?
Mar 25, 2015

I get sometimes up to 6-8 emails from my various TSMs on a daily basis with their "status/OTAT reports" constantly asking up to make it a "great day" and really work hard to get reports moving in my various accounts.  Does anyone seriously read these things?  Do they think we AREN'T working as hard or as fast we plan to?  Exactly what incentive is there to put in any more effort than the status quo?   And in this current environment of low pay, slashed pay, etc, does anyone really give ...

Silent Type - Enough To Share Any Updates?
Apr 10, 2012

Anyone brave enough to share any updates? ...

Is Anybody Else Having Trouble Since Latest Auto Updates
Nov 17, 2013

getting into ADP or the MLS website?  I haven't gotten my line count since last week, I think Friday, and I think the autoupdate to IE 11 was Thursday when I shut down, and I can't see my ADP check info either.  I did a trouble call and they uninstalled IE 11 and reinstalled IE 8 but everything is a mess.  My sisters are both having trouble, too. ...

Dictaphone Transnet Not Working After Microsoft Updates
Oct 18, 2010

I have recently had to use system restore on several machines after Microsoft Updates were installed becuase Dictaphone Transnet would not work afterwards. Has anyone else seen this issue? If so, does anyone know which patch(es) cause the problem? Thanks in advance. ...

Oracle OTI, Has Anyone Received Any Work Status Updates The Last 2 Days?
Mar 11, 2011

Still fairly new and haven't received any, though they were quite regular for the first couple of months.  My work load is very low as well.  What's going on? ...

Spheris MTs
Nov 10, 2009

Hey Spheris MTs out there.  I worked for Spheris for a while not too long ago but quit for another company.  Nothing wrong with Spheris at all, just love the new company flexibility much, much more.  I loved the expander program Spheris used (Shorthand 10.0) so much that I ended up buying the program to use on my new job.  Problem is there are so many tips and tricks that Spheris provided for using Shorthand 10.0 that I never got to put into action and quit before I thou ...

What Is Going On At Spheris?
Jan 08, 2010

Is it me or does it seem like Spheris is a sinking ship?.  ...

Spheris VR
Jan 14, 2010

Is it me or does it seem like the VR at Spheris is getting worse. Also, it seems like it is harder to make any lines at all. Just had to vent. ...

Has Spheris Sent Out W2's Yet?
Jan 29, 2010

Just wondering.  I worked there till May last year and will probably have to contact them to get mine. ...

Spheris Pay
Jun 08, 2010

my friend claims she only made $11000 with spheris last yr. but yet she had health benefits and 401K. how is it she's making so little is spheris really that bad of a company to work for . i've heard so many different stories i don't know what to believe anymore ...

W2 ? For Former Spheris...
Mar 19, 2011

Should we have a W2 from MQ as well as from Spheris?  Was just putting my info together to have taxes done & don't understand the 2 from Spheris but noticed I don't have one that says MQ. Thanks in advance. ...

Keystrokes Better Than Spheris
Oct 20, 2009

I currently work at Spheris but I would like to find out how things are at Keystrokes. I appreciate any information good or bad.   Thanks ...

Questions About Spheris
Oct 21, 2009

Does anyone know if Spheris sends their work overseas?  How are they to work for?  Do they have editing positions?  Is the rate of pay any good? ...

Spheris Stinks!
Nov 18, 2009

That company is in trouble, and it is a terrible place to work.  The MTs are very, very nice, but it is not a place to make a living! ...

Spheris Nightmares
Nov 21, 2009

Had nightmares about my company last night.  I was told to go in the office of my boss and do some punishment work.  I sat there in front of this blank computer, would not turn on, and something said to sit in her chair, since she was not there, and start opening all the books and do the worksheets about what a bad person/MT I was.  Then, she popped up in the back of the office in black.  Scary, evil woman!  She said terrible things, and just as I kept telling myself thi ...

How Does Spheris Compare?
Jan 21, 2010

Is there anyone out there who has worked for Spheris and other large companies? If so, how does Spheris compare? Looking for other opportunities, but don't want to end up in a worse situation :) In particular, has anyone worked for both Spheris and Webmedx? thanks ...

**** Spheris Might Tank.
Jan 29, 2010

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/02/01/story1.html?b=1265000400%5E2811471 By closing the curtains on its finances, Spheris has opened the door to speculation regarding its future. Whispers range from a sale to a bankruptcy, with the former gaining steam in the past week after a blogger in India reported competitor Cbay Systems Ltd. had struck a deal to buy Spheris’ operations in that country. Both Spheris and Cbay declined to address the potential sale. Spheris has ...