A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dictaphone Transnet not working after Microsoft Updates - eperson

Posted: Oct 18, 2010

I have recently had to use system restore on several machines after Microsoft Updates were installed becuase Dictaphone Transnet would not work afterwards. Has anyone else seen this issue? If so, does anyone know which patch(es) cause the problem? Thanks in advance.

Try doing a system restore for a few days prior. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
t4e

System Restore - eperson

[ In Reply To ..]
I have ran a system restore and it did get the program working again. I was just wondering if anyone knew which patch in particular was causing the problem so that I can install other patches but ignore the one that is the issue.

Thanks

Transnet - Andy Mitchell

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi, It would be interested in knowing what Enterprise Express Build you are running. I am also running a Build 5 SP22 system in the UK and have had a problem where 'Get Jobs' is greyed out on the TransNet. I can only put it down to the updates. I have never come across this problem before and worked for dictaphone for 18 years. Look forward to hear from you.

Similar Messages:

Microsoft Updates
Nov 19, 2014

Just had a weird thing happen to me. On Tuesdays they typically send out Microsoft updates which are usually to see if you have any kind of virus on your computer. Usually, this only takes a few minutes to configure my computer and this time, I thought it never would stop. Honestly, it was at least an hour to configure my computer. I think something is wrong. The only other thing I updated was Adobe Flash. Anyway, it was weird and scary. Thought I was not going to be able to do an ...

Dictaphone TransNet W/o Footpedal
Feb 15, 2014

My new account uses ChartScript to type in and Dictaphone Transnet for the audio. Is there anyway to play transnet using hotkeys or keyboard shortcuts. I have a footpedal but cannot find a comfortable position for using it long term. I did find that Ctrl+P will play the audio but not when I am actually in the area where I need to type. In otherwords even if I keep transnet on top when I hit ctrl+p it wants to activate in my word document. I would appreciate any advice on this and also if there i ...

Dictaphone Transnet And Windows 7 Compatibility
Nov 07, 2009

Can anyone tell me if they use Tranenet  through Dictaphone with Windows 7.  My computer died, I bought a new one and the help line from Dictaphone says "Sorry" Cant use it... Offer no help whatsoever..  Has anyone else had this problem.  Soooo frustrating. ...

Dictaphone/Transnet Foot Pedal W/adapter
Sep 17, 2013

Although I have not gotten the official offer letter yet, my future employer wants me to get a "Dictaphone foot pedal with adapter".  I've worked in the office for many years with a Dictaphone system, but when looking for one on the Internet to buy, there appears to be different models/adapters.  Any ideas?  I don't want to ask them just yet what to buy as it is an IC position and I don't want to look stupid, though I guess I probably am. ...

Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 Vs Microsoft Ergo 4000
Jun 27, 2013

Getting ready to buy a new keyboard and trying to decide between these 2 models. Has anyone used both and can compare them?  Does the CC 3000 really provide relief for the wrists?  I've heard good things about the 4000 but it looks so...LARGE, lol! Any input appreciated before I click the "buy it now" feature! ...

Transnet-
Dec 04, 2009

Does anyone know if Transnet / Dictaphone is compatible with Vista?  I know it will not work on Windows 7.  If anyone is able to use this with Vista I would love to hear your comments. Thanks in Advance...  ...

Transnet Compatibility
Feb 02, 2012

I have a USB Infinity 2 foot pedal.  Is this compatible with transnet?  If not, can I make it compatible by downloading something or getting a special plug? ...

Transnet/EDOT
Mar 09, 2014

Has anybody heard of a company called Transnet or EDOT located in Oklahoma? They contacted me after I posted a resume in the resume bank.  I did find some info on some posts here from late last year, but it does not sound like very promising place to work. Anybody? ...

TransNet Player Hot Keys
Mar 05, 2010

Can hot keys be enabled for TransNet Player on an ExText platform?  I want to jump back to the beginning of a voice file once reaching the end for proofing without sticking my foot down on the pedal forever.    ...

Infinity Pedal And TransNet
Oct 14, 2011

Does anyone know if Infinity USB-1 foot pedal is compatible with Dictaphone TransNet software and if so, how to configure? ...

Any Information On TransNet LCC That Does Medical
May 23, 2014

transcription. ...

TransNet Foot Pedal Question
Dec 15, 2011

Does anyone have any idea on why I cannot get the foot pedal to work.  What are your settings on the TransNet pedal and how do I figure out what my settings are? Any suggestions would be appreciated.  ...

TTS Updates Anyone?
Oct 12, 2013

Does anyone have any updates on their status or employment with TTS?  Is the pay comparative to the usual 4/8?  Everything posted here is old and some of it very old.  Just curious about the company since they are posting help-wanted ads.  Thank! ...

Any Updates On Spheris?
Mar 31, 2010

I have a phone interview with them in April.  I noticed there were posts about them going bankrupt, etc.   I'm fairly new to this, and need a job right away. ...

Does Anyone Have Any Updates On DIT Transcription?
Mar 24, 2013

Does anyone have any updates on DIT Transcription? ...

Backlog Updates -- What Are They For???
Jul 11, 2014

Can anyone explain what good backlog reports are or what purpose they serve.  Its not like we can pick the hospitals that have the most reports, or we can work overtime to clear out the accounts, or we can jump on the system to clear something out if it is not our appointed work schedule.  What good are they?  New TSM is constantly sending these meaningless reports out, that I can't understand because of all the abbreviations, and they are just taking time away from my typing ...

Hmmmm...updates Few And Far Between...
Sep 19, 2014

What does it say when your supervisor, who used to send twice-daily backlog and general info updates, hardly ever sends ANY anmore??? Feels more and more like a sinking ship..... ...

Any Updates On Landmark?
Feb 02, 2015

I haven't seen any posts regarding Landmark in quite a while. Just wondering if it's still the land of NJA over there? I also haven't seen any ads for job openings for them. I remember they used to advertise monthly. Just wondering if they are still in business?? ...

Transcend/not Getting Daily Updates?
Dec 03, 2009

I work for Transcend and there are intermittent times where I go 48 hours without getting a status update and then WHAM, I get the last 48 hours' worth, and there can be 15-20 status updates over those last 48 hours.  One person told me it was my settings, but it's not, because I get them all other times and I get emails from others during the time when I don't get any from Transcend, and it's only from Transcend that this happens.  Has it happened to anybody else.& ...

MS Updates Doing Crazy Things..HELP
May 28, 2010

My computer is experiencing weird things lately.  I dont know what to do.  One night I went to bed and everything was fine...it was "updating".  I get up the next day, sit down to work and my word2003 is different now.  Another time, i.e. last Sunday, went to be, get up next morning and my Stedmans is completely NOT working...had to reinstall and according to Stedmans, this happens with Microsoft updates.  Now this one is the weirdest of all.  I went to bed last nig ...

To Those Sending Out Backlog Updates:
Apr 17, 2012

It would be very helpful if you would state whether or not OT is approved.  Never sure if you're referring to part-timers & people who need to make up hours versus allowing us to hop on for OT. ...

Oracle - Any Current Updates?
Jun 24, 2014

Most of what I could find in the archives is older information.  Any current employees or any good/bad facts that are more up to date regarding payscale, etc.?  Any and all info is truly appreciated.  Thanks ...

Mandatory System Updates
Jul 14, 2014

How do we enter this in WebClock?  I don't want to bring down my production time which in turn brings down PTO pay.   ...

Does Anyone Actually Read TSM Daily Updates?
Mar 25, 2015

I get sometimes up to 6-8 emails from my various TSMs on a daily basis with their "status/OTAT reports" constantly asking up to make it a "great day" and really work hard to get reports moving in my various accounts.  Does anyone seriously read these things?  Do they think we AREN'T working as hard or as fast we plan to?  Exactly what incentive is there to put in any more effort than the status quo?   And in this current environment of low pay, slashed pay, etc, does anyone really give ...

Silent Type - Enough To Share Any Updates?
Apr 10, 2012

Anyone brave enough to share any updates? ...

Is Anybody Else Having Trouble Since Latest Auto Updates
Nov 17, 2013

getting into ADP or the MLS website?  I haven't gotten my line count since last week, I think Friday, and I think the autoupdate to IE 11 was Thursday when I shut down, and I can't see my ADP check info either.  I did a trouble call and they uninstalled IE 11 and reinstalled IE 8 but everything is a mess.  My sisters are both having trouble, too. ...

Oracle OTI, Has Anyone Received Any Work Status Updates The Last 2 Days?
Mar 11, 2011

Still fairly new and haven't received any, though they were quite regular for the first couple of months.  My work load is very low as well.  What's going on? ...

MICROSOFT WORD HELP
Sep 19, 2010

I have what may sound like a stupid question.  I was wondering how to back up/save our dictionaries for auto correct and auto text.  I would like to back it up on a disc so if my computer bites the dust, I will still have all of my entries.  I would hate to have to put them all in all over again and I would be lost without them.  TIA and have a great day!! ...

Microsoft Email
Oct 15, 2010

Well now Microsoft wants us to change our passwords before 10/17.  Anyone know how to do this?  Also have 19 updates to do. Everytime I do these it changes my Microsoft Email to version 2003.  Anyone else have these problems?  Thanks. ...

Microsoft Word, Need To Buy
Mar 11, 2012

I need to buy 2003 standard, professional or 2007 or 2010.  None of them can be the student version.  Does anyone know if there is a free trial available or where I can purchase this at a reasonable rate?  I'm checking ebay and I'm watching two right now, but I'm open to other ideas! ...