A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend Merger Compensation Info. - TranscendMT

Posted: May 03, 2012

Here it is - chosen wording - ambiguous production pay and benefit plans "will be reviewed."  I, as may other Transcend employees - have a current line compensation rate of 9.5 cents per line on straight transcription; some much higher - having been hired with heavy - over 80% ESL.  Nuance MTs - what do you think the chances are we will "retain" our current line rates - WITHOUT Escription.  All responses warmly welcomed.

From Letter to Employees - last week April 2012

At the point of close employee terms and conditions remain the same.

Production pay and benefit plans will be reviewed as part of the process of integrating the two companies’ employment terms and conditions. We anticipate that it will take some time to harmonize the two programs.

Our end goal is to bring all employees onto a uniform structure, while maintaining productivity levels and creating as little disruption to employees’ total remuneration as possible. Employees will be notified well in advance of any changes that may be implemented.

Unrelated to the acquisition, the Transcend employees will go through their normal June open enrollment with a July 1

Retaining your line rates. - NTS MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Just like the last merger, everybody will change a bit. They will attempt to make it look like we are meeting in the middle and sugarcoat it, but one thing is for sure....you will be disappointed. Sorry to say. Don't know what you make for editing, but it won't be much here (since we make half) and only really transcribe maybe 5%.

Well ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Since Nuance MT's get 4 cpl for edit and 8 cpl for transcription, I am going to guess they aren't going to want Nuance MT's to know you are getting paid significantly more. I am surprised you weren't instructed to keep that info confidential.

That would make for some pretty ticked off Nuance MTs.

I would probably expect what MedQuist did a while back when the "restructed" the pay scale, a decrease in wages.

Re: Transcend Merger Compensation Info - mtgal1963

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't want to discourage you but your pay will most definitely go down. My company just completed the merger process in the last couple months and boy oh boy ...... I have lost hundreds of dollars each month. I was making 10 cpl and Nuance took us down to 0.0815 cpl for straight transcription. Speech is 0.0413 cpl and 80% of Nuances work is speech. They strive for ALL of their accounts to be at least 80% speech. The Escription program is considered the Cadillac of the speech programs and it is nice but still hard to really make a lot of money because many jobs require heavy editing, looking up doc names, straightening out demographic info, ensuring the correct work types, business entities, speaker .... I am hoping as the speech engine gets trained that the jobs come in cleaner and cleaner and will require little editing.

I hate to be doom and gloom but I think it is better to be informed and know the truth. Your pay probably will not be impacted right away but within a few months to a year, it will be.

Nuance likes everyone on the same pay scale. The only way to break away from the pack is to achieve the QA incentive which requires 99.5% accuracy, above minimum line counts, and less than 15% of lines to QA for review..... harder than it sounds. Nuance QA is very tough also.....they review all work sent for blanks and also pull random reports for QA. I have managed to be at or above the 99.5% QA requirement and under the 15% but have yet to get above the minimum line requirement to qualify for the incentive. I only work for them 25 hours a week and their QA incentive line requirement is set at a full time rate so a little difficult to achieve just yet being new to Escription.

Anyhow, I sure wish you well but you need to be prepared.......you're in for a bit of a bumpy ride I'm afraid. Good luck :)

99.5% to get incentive? I thought it was 99%?? nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Re: 99.5% to get incentive? - mtgal1963

[ In Reply To ..]
You might be right, it may only be 99%. I thought it was 99.5 but may be wrong. I'll have to dig through some of my stuff and see. Honestly, they have changed so much so fast, it's hard to keep it all straight!
Transcent Merger - recentlyoutsourced
[ In Reply To ..]
our hospital recently outsourced ALL work (acute care facility) in December. I was making $25+ an hour and went to their 4 cpl....HUGE HUGE HUGE pay cut.
Transcend Merger - recentlyoutsourced
[ In Reply To ..]
and that would be TranscenD.....sheesh

Whatever the requirement, it's ridiculous to be - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
required to maintain standards with the garbage a lot of these dictators spew out. Do these MTSOs not realize they could make more money if we were able to produce reports in a more timely manner. Unfortunately, the way to do that is to start at the top (dictators) and train them to dictate coherently and concisely.

Big Pay Cut Coming :( - Nuancer

[ In Reply To ..]
The last poster was completley right in terms of pay. We all get paid the same, unless you are a newbie or are on Dictaphone or another program I believe. That pay is slightly higher, but those accounts will eventually transition, or so we have been told, or if the account gets too clean, pay will be cut. Really??? Straight pay is 0.815 and 0.46 at night and 0.8 and 0.41 during the day I believe, or near enough. Depending on your account, and how soon your work gets shipped off, or they overhire it to death, that will determine your bottom line. Your TL will most likely change, they often do, and yes, QA is extremely picky, with the amazing QA staff recently having been let go and newbies on who are more like sharks after blood, or your paycheck. I wish you the best, but know that the meeting will most likely be precorded, a webinar, and the line count will be as above. Insurance is pretty much the same, same carrier too, so no big difference there I believe. Best of luck to you with the transition, my heart goes out to all of you. I was once with Encompass and we were bought by Nuance a year and a half ago or so. I've hated my job since.

Similar Messages:

Nuance/transcend Merger Info
Apr 17, 2012

News found on Google:  Nuance "extends" offer to Transcend, evidently it is not yet a done deal, here is a link:     http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fshar.es%2FrwD0G&h=pAQGzG3pfAQEOTCQ9kz0JWPU06iLpbFD9CLxvXyjRfb--cw ...

DTS/Transcend Merger
Mar 03, 2011

I came in with the merger of MDI a year+ ago.  I almost got an ulcer reading some of these posts, seriously.  While you must consider what you see here, especially when there is an abundance of similar opinions, be aware, a small percentage of the company's MTs post here.  I will offer my advice.  Treat it like a death of a spouse.  Mourn your loss and look towards the future.  Don't make any big changes for 1 year, or at minimum 4-6 months.  Go with ...

Transcend Merger
Mar 10, 2012

Here's a link to the merger agreement.  WARNING:  This is not for the faint at heart! www.hotstocked.com/8-k/transcend-services-inc-new-TRCR-1378652.html ...

Merger Going Between DTS America And Transcend?
Apr 29, 2011

So how is the merger going between DTS America and Transcend?  Is Transcend keeping the promise that nothing will change - pay - accounts?  Just curious..... ...

Transcend Merger Effecting QA
Apr 11, 2012

Can anyone currently working in QA at Nuance comment on how the position is compensated.  Do you get an hourly wage like we currently do at Transcend or can we expect to be switched to production based.  Do you even have QA staff?  The company I came from previously (Medquist) practically did away with their QA staff, making them MTs/QA.  Just wondering what I can expect.  Thanks for your opinions. ...

Nuance/Transcend Merger Back On
Apr 24, 2012

News is that Nuance waived their requirements so the merger is back on. Sorry to those from Transcend :(( ...

Transcend Compensation According To Their Website
May 26, 2011

I thought I was working for Transcend already until I happened to look at their Career page today.  It says they offer CPL based on experience and work types transcribed, Mon-Fri positions with rotating weekends, and shift differentials.  I've been there for three years now, have never had a raise, make as much as the next person, and work 2nd and occasionally 3rd shift, but have never received a differential.  Anyone else working for Transcend out there that doesn't rec ...

Info About Transcend
Oct 27, 2009

Any info about this company in Atlanta, Georgia.  Pay roll, work, etc. ...

Transcend Info
Jan 25, 2010

Does Transcend send out announcements about their Quarterly Earnings Conference Call?  Anyone want to eavesdrop?   Transcend Sets Date for 4Q 2009 Earnings Release and Conference Call.  Transcend Services, Inc. has announced that it intends to release its fourth quarter 2009 earnings before the market opens on Thursday, January 28. In a release, the Company noted event details: To participate in the conference call, please dial (800) 815-8193 (the US/Canada dial-in n ...

Transcend...Any Info
Aug 17, 2011

Any info you could give would be welcome.  Considering applying but not sure what to expect.  I realize there are naysayers in every company, but I'm just curious about actual stats, such as how many lines per day required, rough pay, etc. Thanks in advance to anyone w/ honest info. ...

Info On Transcend
Sep 18, 2011

I am looking for info on Transcend as I am not finding anything current in archives. Email me privately if you wish, I don't want to cause any commotion. What do they pay, what is their platform, is there any straight typing accounts? I am trying a new strategy of holding a few PT jobs to avoid my family starving. Thanx ...

Any Info On Transcend, BeyondTXT
Nov 05, 2009

Still looking for any info on Transcend, BeyondTXT, and what do they pay for straight transcription versus VR.  Current employer considering outsourcing to this company, and would like to find out what I can.  You may also reply to me by e-mail if you wish.  Thank you. ...

Transcend/MDI Bennies Info
Nov 23, 2009

Ok so I read the whole entire "packet" and all of the info on the web site.  I still feel like I am missing something.  There are forms to fill out in order to get benefits, but I can't seem to find anywhere just how much out of pocket we are to pay for these benefits.  Did anyone see this info anywhere?? ...

Any Recent Info On Transcend Would Be Appreciated. Thanks. Nm
Feb 18, 2011

x ...

Need Info On Transcend Platforms. I Use Bayscribe And Find
Oct 27, 2010

it is not transcription friendly, almost antiquated.  I have considered switching to BeyondTxt, but don't want to do VR after my experience with Medquist.  I know Medquist has a horrible VR program and Transcend's is supposed to be better.  Have any of you used both platforms and can compare Bayscribe to BeyondTxt?  Also, how does your VR production compare to transcription?  I would appreciate any input.  ...

RE: MDI Merger - Could Have Sworn. . .
Nov 24, 2009

I heard or read somewhere the everyone was getting a half cent pay cut, whether part-time or full-time.  I was cut a full cent - so I'm guessing I must have heard/read this wrong.  ...

Region Merger
Jan 03, 2010

My region did the switch this weekend and so far everything has gone smoothly for me except when I hit F9 it says there are no results (looking for my feedback and line counts).  Any ideas?  TIA ...

SA3 Merger Problems
Feb 01, 2010

Anyone else in SA3 having problems with this merger?  My first job after we switched to the combined South area with a new log in # came up completed by someone else.  Called my manager and she said her phone is riinging off the hook with people telling her the same thing.  She does not know what the problem is, has to investigate. My CCM is great, I know she will inform us as soon as she knows, but in the meantime if these jobs keep coming up completed and all I do is upload ...

SA3 Has Merger Problems. What About SA5?
Feb 01, 2010

Do you have work?  Able to get into backlog?  Running out of work?      ...

Will I Be Able To Keep My Schedule With The Merger?
Mar 30, 2012

I guess this is just a question to those who have been part of a Nuance merger in the past.  Were you able to keep the schedule you were working before the merger, or were you herded into the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift spots?  I work split shift over two of them right now.  Anyone allowed to keep working M-F after a merger? I suppose I'm mainly wondering if I can continue to pick my own random schedule after the Trasncend merger is complete. ...

OEP Merger With MModal
Aug 21, 2012

Anybody notice merger of MModal with One Equity Partners?  OEP invests in transactions that promote strategic and operating change, creating long-term value......  what does that mean. Sounds like a redo of our company getting rid of things and people they don't like...   ...

Why Is It When There Is A Merger Everything Goes To S**T For The Employee?
Jan 02, 2014

s ...

Imedx Merger
Jul 31, 2014

My company "merged" with Imedx several months ago.  Here is my question to those who have had their company merge with Imedx:  What happens if/when your account goes to India?  Does the account slowly phase out or is it just one day gone? Can I expect honesty about what is going on or will the higher ups just act like they are oblivious and they have no idea why that account suddenly dried up?    ...

Merger....very Worried!
Aug 22, 2014

Well I was in the West regeon.  The big "merger" of accounts took place on Monday the 18th.  Well...by Wednesday I started to get the "no jobs allocated" message.  I am really hoping this is not going to be a trend.  All of the work must have seriously gone offshore...if not, where is it?  This doesn't look good...  ...

Anyone Hear About Merger With Another Company? This Gets Better By
Jul 11, 2011

nm ...

Medquist/M*Modal Merger
Jul 12, 2011

So now Medquist and M*Modal are merging. Wonder what this is going to mean for all of us working for companies that utilize M*Modal. Now I understand why WMX sold out to Nuance. Seems to me no one wants to hire Medquist because of their terrible quality so now they are swallowing up competitors platforms and bullying their way into accounts. They have already stopped allowing other companies to use their DocQScribe platform. Interested to know anyone else's thoughts. ...

Here Is What MModal Thinks Of Merger.
Jul 21, 2011

I am afraid all accounts will have to use voice recognition because that is the way things are changing. No more straight typing.  We will not be MT's, but editors.    http://community.advanceweb.com/blogs/hi_18/archive/2011/07/14/change-ahead-for-m-modal-and-medquist.aspx http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110712/BUSINESS05/307120031/MedQuist-buys-speech-recognition-company l ...

EMTS And IMedX Merger
Jul 30, 2012

I am very concerned about this merger (EMTS emloyee).  Since it occurred, our work load has been very low so, of course, I am wondering if iMedX employees are getting some of our work?  Extremely worried.  Anyone else having the same issue? ...

Merger/attrition Fallout
Feb 20, 2013

Does anybody out there have any idea how many Transcenders quit after the merger?  I know this would be an estimate, of course.  I just participated in a mandatory conference call and it's the first time I actually heard a higher-up (regional supervisor) admit that people had been quitting.  I figured that was the case because of the increased TAT situations lately (especially on the weekends) so I wasn't surprised in the leas ...

ImedX Transtech Merger
Mar 05, 2014

I just realized something that hit me in the gut.  I so want to believe T in the conference call that nothing is going to change, 2 companies with mutual interest, blah, blah, blah.  She sounded so honest and confident in what she was saying.  Today I realized the FAQ sheet she provided on IMedX was very misleading.  She stated they are headquartered in Atlanta with 2 additional offices in Connecticut and Ohio.  She didn't mention (intentionally I can only imagine) ...