A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend...Any info - Anon

Posted: Aug 17, 2011

Any info you could give would be welcome.  Considering applying but not sure what to expect.  I realize there are naysayers in every company, but I'm just curious about actual stats, such as how many lines per day required, rough pay, etc.

Thanks in advance to anyone w/ honest info.

Just hired but haven't started yet - cmtme

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't started yet and yes there are going to be good and bad said about all companies, but compared to the company I was working for I am very happy with my decision to work for Transcend and I can't wait to start. The pay is based on your years of experiencing and they say (and it is in the handbook) that for part time you are expected to gross 450 a pay period...they do not go by line counts per day..I start next week

that is 450 dollars for part time and 900 dollars a pay period for full time - FLMLS

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope you understood the poster about gross pay per pay period, not lines. :) By the way for a big company Transcend is the top of the line!!!

thanks - cmtme

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks anon..I reread what I put..haha..I didn't know about full time..I am only going to be part time and ya I should have said per pay period =) and I still can't wait to start =)

How long is - the pay period?

[ In Reply To ..]
One week, two weeks?

Just curious!

Two weeks - pay period

[ In Reply To ..]
x

pay period - me

[ In Reply To ..]
twice a month and not every other week

Similar Messages:

Info About Transcend
Oct 27, 2009

Any info about this company in Atlanta, Georgia.  Pay roll, work, etc. ...

Transcend Info
Jan 25, 2010

Does Transcend send out announcements about their Quarterly Earnings Conference Call?  Anyone want to eavesdrop?   Transcend Sets Date for 4Q 2009 Earnings Release and Conference Call.  Transcend Services, Inc. has announced that it intends to release its fourth quarter 2009 earnings before the market opens on Thursday, January 28. In a release, the Company noted event details: To participate in the conference call, please dial (800) 815-8193 (the US/Canada dial-in n ...

Info On Transcend
Sep 18, 2011

I am looking for info on Transcend as I am not finding anything current in archives. Email me privately if you wish, I don't want to cause any commotion. What do they pay, what is their platform, is there any straight typing accounts? I am trying a new strategy of holding a few PT jobs to avoid my family starving. Thanx ...

Any Info On Transcend, BeyondTXT
Nov 05, 2009

Still looking for any info on Transcend, BeyondTXT, and what do they pay for straight transcription versus VR.  Current employer considering outsourcing to this company, and would like to find out what I can.  You may also reply to me by e-mail if you wish.  Thank you. ...

Transcend/MDI Bennies Info
Nov 23, 2009

Ok so I read the whole entire "packet" and all of the info on the web site.  I still feel like I am missing something.  There are forms to fill out in order to get benefits, but I can't seem to find anywhere just how much out of pocket we are to pay for these benefits.  Did anyone see this info anywhere?? ...

Any Recent Info On Transcend Would Be Appreciated. Thanks. Nm
Feb 18, 2011

x ...

Nuance/transcend Merger Info
Apr 17, 2012

News found on Google:  Nuance "extends" offer to Transcend, evidently it is not yet a done deal, here is a link:     http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fshar.es%2FrwD0G&h=pAQGzG3pfAQEOTCQ9kz0JWPU06iLpbFD9CLxvXyjRfb--cw ...

Transcend Merger Compensation Info.
May 03, 2012

Here it is - chosen wording - ambiguous production pay and benefit plans "will be reviewed."  I, as may other Transcend employees - have a current line compensation rate of 9.5 cents per line on straight transcription; some much higher - having been hired with heavy - over 80% ESL.  Nuance MTs - what do you think the chances are we will "retain" our current line rates - WITHOUT Escription.  All responses warmly welcomed. From Letter to Employees - last week A ...

Need Info On Transcend Platforms. I Use Bayscribe And Find
Oct 27, 2010

it is not transcription friendly, almost antiquated.  I have considered switching to BeyondTxt, but don't want to do VR after my experience with Medquist.  I know Medquist has a horrible VR program and Transcend's is supposed to be better.  Have any of you used both platforms and can compare Bayscribe to BeyondTxt?  Also, how does your VR production compare to transcription?  I would appreciate any input.  ...

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jan 10, 2010

Looking for information about Global Info Systems.  Can anyone telll me anythihng about them.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Have Info/work For Global Info In Texas???
Jul 04, 2012

Need to know any info ASAP on I think its called Global Info Systems or something like that out of Texas. Lots of clinic work, but low low line rate offered. Need to know about management, stability, VR reality, workload, response from tech support, etc. Also, are these clinics in India? Thanks for any help! ...

If You Can't Get Course Info Without Leaving Info So They Can Call/spam You
Sep 12, 2012

It isn't easy to get off some of the spam and phone call lists when you click for more information about some of these courses. I've found that for me, it isn't worth it to get that information if I am giving up my privacy. Some of these people are relentless! You can't get away from them once they get your information. There is one in particular that makes sure you hear from them every day in one form or another. They become your best friend, even if you weren't lookin ...

Any Info On GIS (Global Info Systems) Out Of TX? I
Jan 21, 2012

I applied for an MT position with them.  I don't see anything recent on the boards and wondered if they were a good company to work for.  TIA ...

Global Info Systems - Info?
Dec 13, 2012

I am testing with GIS this evening, does anyone have any information on this company. I am currently working with TTS, they do not even pay 4 CPL for editing. I feel like this business has become a legalized form of slavery. The only business where with over 10 years of experience, your pay goes down. ...

VR At Transcend
Nov 18, 2009

Did VR develop Alzheimer's?  It has lost everything.  I am tired of no commas, periods, and everything else it reverted back to since its infancy.  It is really true that now you can transcribe faster than you can edit.  Does anyone even care?  Do you know how many times you have to stop in the middle of labs to put in punctuation?   This has been going on for over a month and I haven't noticed any big push to get it fixed.  Just another way to m ...

MDI/Transcend Pay For ULD? M
Feb 01, 2010

Does anyone remember in the conference calls, mention of MDI/Transcend paying for unlimited long distance phone charges for employees?  I remember this being mentioned but can't recall all the details;  if it was for FT only, everyone, etc.  Does anyone remember details and if that still stands? ...

To MDI/Transcend MTs : Is Anyone Else
Feb 01, 2010

work today?  ...

Transcend TLs ??
Feb 08, 2010

I am curious as to if the TLs are meeting their requirements.  They are expected to type 75-80% of their time and get paid by the line as well .  I am very suspicious that they are not typing VR all day, having their work sent to India, etc, and are getting the straight typing.  They get paid a flat fee per month for their administrative duties on top of that.  I wonder if they are experiencing no work and looking at a blank screen most of their time& ...

Transcend MTs
Mar 03, 2010

n/m ...

Is There More Than One Transcend? I See Their
Mar 19, 2010

job ad on the Seeker's board and it sounds like a place I would like to work.  I work for a company also called Transcend, but they are not a place that I would recommend to anyone.  I haven't worked all week as there has been no work.  Just NJA. So maybe this Transcend is in a parallel universe.  It certainly could not be the same place where I'm employed.  ...

About Transcend
Mar 28, 2010

I have read dozens of posts on the board about Transcend, some good and a lot not so good.  However, I think there is an explanation for some MTs loving it there and others hating it so much. Transcend is a company made up of many other companies through mergers. The original Transcend who existed first, before acquiring other companies seems to be the problem.  On the other hand, for example MDI/Transcend, for the most part does not seem to fit that description. You have to remember ...

VR With Transcend?
Apr 21, 2010

I'm coming to the realization that unless I get faster with editing these VR reports, I am never going to be able to make the full-time production requirements at Transcend.  I'm really freaking out.  Is it really possible to do 300 lines per hour in VR?  How long does it take to get faster with it?    ...

Want To See What Our Value Is To Transcend?
May 19, 2010

Google Star Clip Itz Note Holder w/ Metal Rod & Alligator Clip to see exactly how much it cost Transcend per MT for this gift that bears so much thought and appreciation.  Do they really not realize how it affects their corporate image when their priority is placed on spending $600,000+ on a failed business venture versus the amount spent to "appreciate" the motor that makes their business run?  That's like spending more than a half million dollars to buy a garage to hous ...

Transcend....yet Again
Jun 05, 2010

I was with the company for over five years, not once failing to meet the requirements of me yet I was told my position would have to change to 2nd or 3rd shift if I wanted to keep my job as there were no positions available for 1st shift.  Two days after resigning I see they are hiring for 1st shift positions on a typing only platform which is what I wanted. I just don't get it. ...

Transcend Cpl
Jun 17, 2010

Our company was bought by Transcend and will start working for them in August.  Can anyone tell me what their starting line rate is or their average cpl. ...

Transcend Pay
Jun 25, 2011

Could someone please tell me what it is possible to be earning in say 3 months at Transcend? VR and straight typing? I am trying to make an important decision, and you never know the true pay, what to expect in advance, how long to get highly productive, etc. Thanks in advance. ...

Transcend/DTS
Jun 25, 2011

Did anyone else get the memo from Transcend (soon to take over from DTS) about the line rate change for the transitioning employees from DTS?  It was elegantly written, but basically it said that when the accounts are switched over the VR that the line rates will decrease but productivity will increase and no cut in pay is expected.  It is happening exactly how the posters on this board that have been through takeovers by Transcend said - decreased pay. I gave my notice already BT ...

OSI And Transcend
Aug 17, 2010

Hi everyone, I am new to this board and I have a question, does anyone know anything about Transcend or OSI, how about AllType??  Thank you  ...

Wmx - Transcend
Sep 02, 2010

It has been mentioned that Wmx has lost 2 large accounts that is the reason for people being let go.  Transcend has mentioned in the last few months about acquiring a new large account in September.  Was at least one of these 2 large accounts, if not both, acquired by Transcend??? ...