A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any Advice for Inscribe company? - Openings now and sign on bonus

Posted: Oct 02, 2014

I have read past posts, but thinking they are from not so great MTs that could not do the job.  Anyone currently working at Inscribe and what platforms do they use for accounts.

Not so great MTs who could not do the job? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Why don't you just go ahead and accept a position with them and form your own opinion, high and mighty MT? I'd love to see how you would survive and make a living on the hospital platforms they have. Go for it instead of first positing your question(s) by denigrating former ICs. BTW, most will see through this post as to its origin and author.

InScribe - leary

[ In Reply To ..]
I never even got started with my second report and they lost the account. They have another one but the platforms are old fashioned and the owners send out emails that are very degrading and threatening and it makes you feel like you are on pins and needles. I also hear on this board that it is hard to make any money.

endless emails, and losing accounts - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
There are so many daily emails and many not applicable for all, but you still have to wade through them. They lost a couple accounts recently and I believe others are in jeopardy.

There are several platforms used, so it depends on what account you are on. It seems hard to move up tiers for pay as well. There are not many who move up more than 1 tier.

Try it and see how it goes. I found it wasn't right for me.

Atmosphere was so oppressive. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
As someone said, the emails bombarded your inbox whether they were directed to the account you were on, the calls to get on and work after you had put in 9 hours or more and made no dent and your earnings were not even minimum wage, the blast room a joke waiting for someone to help you fill in a blank because the dictators were absolutely horrible, the platforms out of the stone age, but most of all, the threatening emails from the owner. ICs don't have to put up with that, at least I didn't. I left with no respect for the company and in particular no respect for the owners. There is an overhaul that needs to be done at that company, and it begins at the top.

INscribe - Former Inscriber

[ In Reply To ..]

It will take a long, honest effort before making some real money.  Their AZ account that they put their new MTs on is on a very outdated platform.  It's is very time-consuming sifting through old reports for samples, which you will need to do before going to the blast room; otherwise, you'll get blasted for not doing your homework.  If your report still needs to go to QA, then you wil need to save your voice file and upload it to the server(QA can't waste their time looking for your voice file) then prepare an email ticket to QA with the required info.  You will also need to do your share of help in the blast room, which means stopping your work and listening to someone else's blanks.  There are a fair amount of heavy-accented ESL dictators and speed talkers on that account, along with a handful of good dicators.  Be prepared for changing INscribe standards or "account-specific" standards.  They changed at least twice in the short time I was there, and you'll need to go through all the pages again to figure out the changes.  Have a thick skin for frequent needling emails about not working enough.  Yup, 4000 lines doesn't sound like much, but you need to get over that hump to be typing for more than 0.065, and it'll take a while.

inscribe - Former inscriber #2

[ In Reply To ..]
You're wrong on those posts coming from "not so great MT's". They come from people with upwards of 30 years experience who had the misfortune to accept a job at IS. I quit this past weekend after the last threatening email from the owner said paychecks may be delayed because accounts were behind. That is ILLEGAL. I filed a complaint with the Attorney General of my state. The other MTs speaking of all the emails are right on target, too. In a 52-hour period last weekend, 61 emails flooded in! I was a bookkeeper for 35 years before becoming an MT and those skills tell me this company is headed for a total collapse within 6 months, if that long. Biggest mistake of my life was accepting their request to test.........

InScribe - Happyat home

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been with Inscribe for over 6 years, never have missed a paydate and even though the accounts get behind and the emails get a bit drastic, the intent is to keep us all working and allows us to stay at home (especially delightful in the winter months) with our kids or our pets and bring in a pay check. I have learned so much over the years here, surprise myself when I log in to help on an account and find myself understanding dictators that I have never transcribed before simply due to the experience I have gleaned from moving around in the company. I have also been on the receiving end and the sending end of emails that MTs decided "dont pertain to them" only to see them asking questions that have already been adressed, sometimes in multiple emails watched ICs bug someone else for an answer because they have chosen not to read the valuable information that was provided to help them move around and grow within the company. Then when they do not make their goals they have set for themselves financially, they blame it on the owners, managers and QA, anyone besides themselves. This calibur of MTs will not grow, will not excel and will quit in a huff like the MTs I have been reading about here, just to do it all over again in another company. It is not up to a company to make an employee excel. The company is to provide the tools for the MT to grow and become a productive, valuable member of a team. It is up to the MT to take up those tools, read their emails, retain instructions and put procedures in place as requested and sometimes go the extra mile when asked. That is something no company can do for you - it is a choice made by each individual. Choose wisely.

Yes, choose wisely - Bitsie

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish I had been given the opportunity to move around in the company. I worked there less than 2 months, and they fired me because I could not understand one dictator that was one of the worst dictators I had ever heard. I have over 30+ years of experience. I am not a dimwit. I can type faster than you ever thought of. I put everything into trying to understand this man. I have typed every accent in the book, but not this guy. I expressed my concerns to the QA supervisor. Her response was to fire me after typing less than 2 weeks on the "new" account they switched me to when they lost the account I was hired to do. I had only done a handful of reports, and they were all on the same dictator. I even asked to be switched to another account. I got fired instead. I think that's pretty unfair. On the account they hired me for, I cleared "FDE" immediately and was out of QA in five reports.

Also, what valuable information?!? I was thrown into the fray without any information. I didn't know what the abbreviations meant. I was there 2 months, and I still don't know who the "M&Ms" are, and I asked repeatedly. I had no clue who my supervisor was or if I even had one . I had a mentor who was very, very sweet and helpful in the first account. The second account, the mentor had me transcribe two jobs on a platform I had never used and basically just left me there. I had to ask another woman in the "blast room" how to do it. She was very helpful, but isn't the mentor supposed to do that? I don't know. I understand why you defend it, but please do not assume why people leave. I couldn't make my goals financially because there was no work for me after midnight. The women cleared the account before midnight. The only dictation left was this guy who was so bad. When I expressed my concerns about this, I was told that I might consider working earlier. I can't work earlier. I told them that several times. Oh, and by the way, the last job I had I was there for 10 years until I had to have major surgery that extended into a year-long stent being unable to work because of necrotizing fasciitis. I don't get it. Everything I have said is accurate and true. I have not said you were stupid for staying. You have your own reasons for staying but do not offend women who work at this job. It is hard enough right now without that.

InScribe platform, pay and work - Tandy

[ In Reply To ..]
Pay has never been late, not once, ever. Negative e-mails: Deal with them, grow thick skin, or don't read them. Your choice. Managers and other team members will let you know what is going on. Platforms are not difficult, HMS, CS. Yes, I work there. Yes, I read the e-mails. Yes, I continue to work there. Straight transcribing, no voice wreck, work the days and hours I want (evenings for me since it is usually quiet). Pay on time for almost two years.

Similar Messages:

Anything About The Inscribe Company?
Jun 09, 2010

Does anyone know anything about the Inscribe company? I received an email asking me to apply with them and I haven't found much info on them. ...

Inscribe- Anyone Know Anything About This Company
Apr 23, 2012

x ...

How Is The Company Inscribe To Work For?
Feb 23, 2010

nm ...

Inscribe - Has Anyone Heard Of This Company?
Jul 15, 2010

Has anyone heard of this company? ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Company That Uses InScribe?
Feb 25, 2013

Does anyone know of a good company that uses InScribe? Polite, decent people to work for/with are more important to me than high pay in a company.  Thank you.  As always, appreciate the good people here and helpful feedback.  ...

Information About Inscribe Transcription Company?
Jan 20, 2011

Can anyone offer any information about Inscribe Transcription Company?  Thanks... ...

InScribe - Good Company To Work For?
Feb 11, 2013

How is Inscribe as an employer? ...

Inscribe - Experience/knowledge Of Inscribe.us?
Feb 19, 2011

Anyone have any experience/knowledge of Inscribe.us?  I am about to get offered a job with them for either straight transcrition or VR editing?  Their line rate seems to be very good for both. ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

What Would Be An Ideal Company? I Would Like To Build That Company.
Mar 31, 2010

We are a pretty big company, and we think we know what transcriptionists want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  There are a lot of top people in our industry that are finding themselves without jobs, often without notice, both managers and transcriptionists.  I think that the tide is turning, and that we need to make sure that we treat our people right, so if you could take a few minutes and answer this, maybe we can make a difference.  I am asking for real answers, ones that ar ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

MDOfficeManager (company) - Anyone Have Information On This Company?
Aug 31, 2014

Has anyone heard of a company called MDOfficeManager?  I was interested but I do not like the way they require SSN and other personal information up front before allowing the applicant to proceed with other parts of the application, including online tests.  I have heard there are fake websites for job applications.  Thanks. ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

Inscribe, LLC In KY
Aug 11, 2010

Hi! I am curious about a job opening on another site for Inscribe, LLC in Murray, KY. I did a search and do not find much recent information on the company. Does anyone have any recent experience with this company? If so, what is your opinion? Good, bad, anything? The ad states they pay higher than many other companies and that there is no experience required? Any info would be appreciated. ...

Inscribe Anyone?
Sep 19, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the above platform.  The MTSO with whom I subcontract has offered to train me on this platform, but I'm completely unfamiliar with it.  Before I leap in and agree, I'd like to get some opinions of the platform and how MT friendly/unfriendly it may be. TIA for any info you can provide!  ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About Inscribe? 
Dec 04, 2010

Does anyone know anything about Inscribe?  I am going to test for them and wondered if anyone has had experience with this company?  Thanks for reading this post. ...

Inscribe??
Feb 25, 2011

Does anyone have any CURRENT info on Inscribe? I tried searching the message boards, but do not see anything current posted.  Thanks!!! ...

InScribe US
Feb 27, 2011

Hello MTs! I recently submitted application and tests document to InScribe US and was informed that although I did "well" on the test, I was slightly below their standards. They have invited me to participate in their internship program, take 4 of their learning modules, and work with someone one-on-one to bring me up to their standards. This is to cost $400. Has anyone gone through this process? Is it a scam? I definitely know that more education will benefit me, but I am just looking for some ...

Inscribe, NO THANK YOU
Mar 08, 2011

Aced the test, almost 30 years experience in acute care, providing all my own equipment as an IC, their offer?  7 cpl.  thanks but no thanks. ...

Anyone Know About Inscribe?
Apr 05, 2011

I was just wondering if anyone out there works for Inscribe or has taken their test for employment. I took the test and it was incredibly hard with ESL dictators. In the email I received from them, along with turning me down was a shpeel on enrolling in their university. This made me wonder if it was ligit or what....... anyone know? ...

Anybody With Inscribe
Oct 13, 2011

Just spoke with them and they hire IC and say you can pretty much work whenever you want as long as you make minimum counts.  Pay is only .07 for typing or VR but they use own VR system that sounds interesting, you repeat what was dictated.  Any info on them would be helpful.  Thanks ...

InScribe, LLC In SC
Oct 20, 2011

I'm considering working for InScribe. If anyone who has worked there for a while, I'm curious as to how steady the work volume is. What's their policy for working on holidays? Any info would be appreciated. ...

InScribe, LLC, In SC
Oct 28, 2011

I'm a new grad MT and have been offered a job by InScribe. Training has been promised for almost 2 weeks, but they never call when promised.  Getting a little worried....esp when reading the negative stuff abt the company.  Does anyone have any advice?  (Other than "run"...that seems to come up quite often on here!  lol!) ...

Why Does The Inscribe Ad Say No MTs From CA?
Dec 02, 2012

nm. ...

Inscribe ?
Feb 13, 2013

Can I have some input on Inscribe please? Good, bad? ...

About Inscribe Of SC?
Apr 27, 2013

Has anyone worked for or know about Inscribe of SC?  ...

Inscribe? Does Anyone Know Much About Them?
Jan 07, 2014

Pay or work envirornment?  Thank you! ...