A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Amphion - why do they advertise they pay for 65-keystroke lines - to me that means.........

Posted: Nov 18, 2010

They pay for EVERY keystroke which is simply not true!!  THEY DON'T PAY FOR SPACES, isn't that correct? 

it's HALF true :) - LMJ

[ In Reply To ..]
Apparently they have some accounts that are 65/k with spaces.

I know VR does NOT include spaces. I left when they failed to mention that little tidbit to me until I'd worked there for 2 months. Then they wanted to adjust pay and I said um no thanks.

I declined a position with them because of NO SPACES - but they told me it was

[ In Reply To ..]
because eScription does not COUNT spaces; that too is not true. I now work in eScription and do get paid for ALL keystrokes which means spaces. I just wish everyone would be upfront. It is our right after all to know all the details of our pay. Also the company I work for who also has Dictaphone Editor took on a new account that will not pay them for spaces, so our line count that we see on iChart or the F8 function will not reflect the spaces either, BUT my honest company adjusted our pay by almost by 15% to be FAIR~!!!! Rare.

Thank you! I feel better about not taking that job now. - Another MT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

No spaces - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]
Well the thumb has to work harder than any of the fingers, so I say let's bill them for 2 keystrokes everytime we have to use our thumbs. Also hitting that foot pedal should count for something, right? Let's face it, there are board-driven companies out there who will use people to death so they can belly-up to the trough of excess at our expense.

Perhaps it was just the way eScription is programmed for - their company. Spaces or none,

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't care how it's counted as long as my pay is good. That's my bottom line.
Their pay is on the low side. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Not sure how they justify this. A space needs and is a keystroke. - SignMeMT

[ In Reply To ..]
IMO, all time low for companies!! If they don't want to pay for spaces, then say we don't pay for spaces. Don't attempt to pull something over on hardworking MTs. GRRR! Every key I hit I deserve to be paid for - including spaces.

Will await some MTSO to post now to say their client doesn't pay for spaces. Then use good business sense and don't accept those accounts.

Where I used to work one girl at the end - sk

[ In Reply To ..]
of every report would just hold the spacebar down for a line or 2, also at the end of every paragraph would hold the spacebar down for multiple spaces. We were not taken off of counting spaces, but after they caught her she was fired for "stealing" and everyone else was checked from then on.

That must have been a while ago. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Almost all platforms now have the capability to determine how many spaces are counted. So a person could hit the spacebar as much as they want and it still only counts one or two spaces, whatever the client wants.

If they don't pay for spaces, don't include spaces - makeeveryreportlooklikethis

[ In Reply To ..]
nofurthermessage

Oh, this is good^^ - So true

[ In Reply To ..]
Just perfect, made me laugh thank you very much:)

This is so discouraging. Getting ready to work for them, and I knew this before - accepting position. me. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

No, don't be discouraged - begin the new job with the right attitude - Good luck! - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
There are a lot of good things about this company, many many people love it there!

Amphion. I love it there. I am on Enterprise so do not know how that compares to other accounts. - BJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I am still new. I am an extremely experienced MT but relatively new to VR. I hit 1300 lines today in 3 hours. Not great but doable. I am giving it a chance. The biggest reason I am giving it a good go is because I really like the people and the program. Can't hurt to give it your all! If it does not work out, then run :D BUT give it a chance first.

I think it's called being compensated for the "visible - black character." puffy. no message

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Keystroke Counter
Aug 05, 2012

Looking for a program that will only count keystrokes done within a document.  I have a bunch of templates but cannot count that part just the stuff we are typing.  Any suggestions. ...

Keystroke Charge
Feb 05, 2013

Has anyone heard of charging for using the shift key as a keystroke, meaning if you capitalize something, you basically get 2 characters instead of 1? ...

Keystroke Counter? (sm)
Sep 08, 2013

VR drafts have BECOME so far off what was clearly dictated that it is taking LONGER to edit than it would to just transcribe it.  Not only do I have to re-transcribe it, but delete full sentences and phrase that sound nothing like what was clearly dictated!  As MTs we used to be paid for our keystrokes which was fair.  Today we probably put in twice the keystrokes we are paid for.  Anyone know of a cheap keystroke counter as I think this would be very useful in a suit again ...

How Big Does MQ Advertise To Be Now?
Oct 27, 2009

I think they used to advertise over 8000 MT and I don't remember how many accounts they boasted.  Anyone know recent stats? ...

It Must Be Keystroke's Week To Be Bashed. Sm
Jul 02, 2010

Every company is bashed here.  Is no one happy anywhere or is it mostly unhappy people who post here. When someone says they like a company, they are beat down.  When they defend a company, they are management.  When they are happy, they must be lying. Geesh, it's like taking a downer coming here.  I used to get good information, now I don't know what to believe. ...

AssistMed Job. How Can They Advertise For An
Nov 05, 2009

independent contractor, yet in the requirements state: An excellent work-at-home discipline with a commitment to work an 8-hour shift on scheduled days.  ?? ...

Why Do Companies Advertise For Help And Then
Dec 03, 2010

they really expect that someone is going to wait around during that time for a reply?  ...

Why Doesn't TTS Advertise On MT Stars?
May 18, 2010

Just wondering because I was over at the other MT site and saw a help wanted ad for TTS and thought maybe TTS was mad at MT Stars owners because they let MTs post not so good things about TTS.  MQ doesn't advertise here either but they are looking for help too.  What's up with that?   I support the companies who advertise on MT Stars, my favorite MT web site.        ...

How To Make A Small Keystroke Macro In MS Word
Aug 13, 2014

MS Word 2007,  I have the autocorrect lightning icon at the top.   Instead of mousing up there and clicking each time,  I would like to use a prior keystroke combination I had years ago at hospitals of  "ctrl, ctrl" and autocorrect starts.   Is it just a simple macro to create to do this,  or something more complicated?    I'm re-creating an autocorrect list from scratch after a complete reinstall, so I'd like to save my hands, time, ...

Keystroke Short Cuts Word 2003
Jan 17, 2015

I work on the Beyond Text platform and would like to know if anyone knows the keystroke short cuts for Word 2003 while in a document (such as speeding/slowing dictation). Some of the ones listed under the tabs do not work for 2003.  Thank you.   ...

I Hope That Any Company Wanting To Advertise For A Job Here
Mar 13, 2015

will read this.  If you are going to place an ad, at least state the pay rate.  If you do not do that and someone goes ahead and tests, only to find out the pay is horribly low (7-8 cpl), you are going to have one very irritated MT who will tell others to stay away.  Also, you need to state the platform and the computer specs!  Otherwise, I am not going to waste my time even sending a resume much less testing. ...

Keystroke Command For Calendar In EditScript Date Field?
Jun 29, 2013

Does anybody have any idea what I accidentally hit to get the calendar dropdown for the current month *without* using the mouse after hitting Alt-D to get to the date field?  It was totally keystrokes only, I was nowhere near the mouse, but it was just a fat-fingered mistake and I can't replicate it again, after trying multiple combos.  (It was a report where the date was originally grayed out, by the way, because I needed to do a patient search.)   It took me years to f ...

Judging From Posts I Have Seen, OTI And SoftScript Advertise But Have No Work. Any Others? Sm
Feb 28, 2011

I see Transcend advertises a lot too -- are they one of the offenders?  I would rather know upfront than waste my time applying. ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Stop Letting These Companies Advertise Their "jobs" Here....sm
Apr 17, 2011

8 cpl is what I started at 6 or 7 years ago, I'm still seeing this number and of course much lower. How are companies getting away with this nonsense of not paying for spaces, paying 5 cpl, etc. In my opinion 8 cpl + typing for large teaching hospitals with 18 pages of specifications = really low pay. The one way I can think to put an end to these companies and their crappy pay, besides no one taking these jobs, is to stop letting them advertise on MT stars and other MT boards unless they ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

Why Do MTSO Advertise, But Never Call Or If They Do Call, Nothing.
Feb 20, 2012

I am tired and frustrated from applying and sending out resumes only to be ignored.  It is like a game with them, I think.  MedGarde even has an interview which has absolutely nothing to do with your skills or qualifications.  In fact it seems like psychological testing to see if you are mentally competent or something like that.  I swear I feel like a mouse that is being tested and run through a maze to see how well you perform, but even mice will get the prize or food event ...

Q For Amphion MTs
Sep 29, 2010

Anyone ever get fired from Amphion for not meeting line requirements? I work for them FT or more as needed and have yet to make the 12,000 line requirement. I've been with them for 6 months now and have not heard a peep about it. My QA is meeting requirements and my attendance is excellent, but I have yet to make the line count. I've switched my schedule, asked for another team, another account, work extra, racked my brain, all to no answer or just "no". I'm not sure what to do a ...

Amphion (sm)
Apr 08, 2014

Considering  applying for work with Amphion.  I understand they do not pay for spaces.  Do they pay for headers or do anything to bring up the line rate?  If not, I won't bother.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Know Anything About Amphion?
May 02, 2014

Does anyone know anything about Amphion.  I know nothing.  I think I'm going to have to find another job because of changes being made in the company I work at currently.  I can't afford such a drastic pay cut as what is coming for me so I'm looking around for a transcription job, not VR.  Any information good or bad is welcome.  Thanks to anyone who responds.  It is greatly appreciated.  ...

Considering Amphion
May 17, 2014

I'm considering applying to Amphion and haven't found any recent posts from MTs. I'd love to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly! ...

Amphion QA
Aug 13, 2014

Can anyone tell me what software is used by Amphion? Is it Editscript? If not, what software do you need to know for QA positions? Thanks! ...

Amphion ?
Sep 18, 2014

I'm applying at Amphion just wondering if anyone could give me some current information on them.  Good company to work for?  Pays on time and accurate?  Enough work to go around?  I did a search for info but didn't see anything real recent.  I'd appreciate any information you can offer.  Thanks! ...

Amphion Anyone?
Dec 02, 2014

Anyone heard of or worked for Amphion??? ...