A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

It must be Keystroke's week to be bashed. sm - WoW

Posted: Jul 02, 2010

Every company is bashed here.  Is no one happy anywhere or is it mostly unhappy people who post here.

When someone says they like a company, they are beat down.  When they defend a company, they are management.  When they are happy, they must be lying.

Geesh, it's like taking a downer coming here.  I used to get good information, now I don't know what to believe.

you have to believe your own experience - take everything with a grain of salt

[ In Reply To ..]
EVERYONE has a different opinion. this is long but I think a worthy read.

I don't see anything wrong with negative posts just as I don't see anything wrong with positives ones.

What I have a problem with is when someone does post a negative one they are beat down too... I don't know why everyone can't just be in disagreement, give their own situations, empathize... and move along to more discussions.

I personally have been fine with Keystrokes. I try to stay neutral. I won't say OH I LOVE THEM THEY ARE THE BEST COMPANY ive ever worked for, but I'm certainly not gonna say THEY SUCK! no help ever, they do this and this and this.

Neither of those are the case. This job is what it is (hate that saying haha!)...

I am happy to have a job, but that doesn't mean I don't have complaints about the job, and that is OKAY.

I find it really demoralizing when someone comes along that is doing really great at this and expects everyone else to do great at it, and if they aren't, well it must be something THEY are doing wrong. There are people that like to sit around and whine about things, but then there are those of us that have seen this industry go down the drain, and HAVE taken steps to stop that, but no matter what we do, we are no longer in charge any more...

I believe I am with a good company overall, that doesn't mean they won't have problems. With so many different accounts, I am sure there are people in charge that are difficult, and some people that are in charge that are absolutely wonderful. You can't speak for EVERYONE else's experiences. You can only speak for your own.

For those of you that have good accounts, a good job, CONGRATULATIONS! I really really wish you well.

For those of you that dont, I am sorry and I understand!

The people that do have good accounts (I have one for the most part) you have to be a little more open to the idea that there ARE problems in this industry... there ARE people that have been doing this for 10, 20, 30 plus YEARS that have seen their wages drop 50%...
that is TOUGH to swallow when transcriptionist, like myself, believe that I possess a skill that not everyone can do. I believe wholeheartedly that our pay should reflect that, and it simply does not.
That is OKAY because I am making more than minimum wage.

I think people just need to be a little more open minded for others opinions... everyone has bad days!

OOOh one more thing, I didn't even know management comes and checks these things out!! so funny when I read about MQ doing it and now KS. I guess I understand, but they should understand that we have real concerns as well. We are all people living in this sorry state of economy (most of us doing the best we can)!

Happy 4th ya'll.

I agree with your post 100%. sm - WoW

[ In Reply To ..]
One thing I want to clarify is that I did not say I was management. I don't think they read this board. I know that some used to, but I don't think so anymore. I am not. I am a transcriptionist at Keystrokes, and for the most part I like my job. They are better than some I have worked for, worse than others. I have learned not to compare 2010 to 1990. I made a lot more money back then with less stress, but I still enjoy what I do.

Thank you for your post. I think that your neutral stance is where most of us are, with Keystrokes and with other companies. The ones I feel sorry for are those that do not get paid on time or at all, do not have enough work and are bashed by QA. I have none of those problems at Keystrokes but I did with a few other companies.

Similar Messages:

Keystroke Counter
Aug 05, 2012

Looking for a program that will only count keystrokes done within a document.  I have a bunch of templates but cannot count that part just the stuff we are typing.  Any suggestions. ...

Keystroke Charge
Feb 05, 2013

Has anyone heard of charging for using the shift key as a keystroke, meaning if you capitalize something, you basically get 2 characters instead of 1? ...

Keystroke Counter? (sm)
Sep 08, 2013

VR drafts have BECOME so far off what was clearly dictated that it is taking LONGER to edit than it would to just transcribe it.  Not only do I have to re-transcribe it, but delete full sentences and phrase that sound nothing like what was clearly dictated!  As MTs we used to be paid for our keystrokes which was fair.  Today we probably put in twice the keystrokes we are paid for.  Anyone know of a cheap keystroke counter as I think this would be very useful in a suit again ...

Amphion - Why Do They Advertise They Pay For 65-keystroke Lines
Nov 18, 2010

They pay for EVERY keystroke which is simply not true!!  THEY DON'T PAY FOR SPACES, isn't that correct?  ...

How To Make A Small Keystroke Macro In MS Word
Aug 13, 2014

MS Word 2007,  I have the autocorrect lightning icon at the top.   Instead of mousing up there and clicking each time,  I would like to use a prior keystroke combination I had years ago at hospitals of  "ctrl, ctrl" and autocorrect starts.   Is it just a simple macro to create to do this,  or something more complicated?    I'm re-creating an autocorrect list from scratch after a complete reinstall, so I'd like to save my hands, time, ...

Keystroke Short Cuts Word 2003
Jan 17, 2015

I work on the Beyond Text platform and would like to know if anyone knows the keystroke short cuts for Word 2003 while in a document (such as speeding/slowing dictation). Some of the ones listed under the tabs do not work for 2003.  Thank you.   ...

Keystroke Command For Calendar In EditScript Date Field?
Jun 29, 2013

Does anybody have any idea what I accidentally hit to get the calendar dropdown for the current month *without* using the mouse after hitting Alt-D to get to the date field?  It was totally keystrokes only, I was nowhere near the mouse, but it was just a fat-fingered mistake and I can't replicate it again, after trying multiple combos.  (It was a report where the date was originally grayed out, by the way, because I needed to do a patient search.)   It took me years to f ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Involves A "5-week-long" Or "5-week Long" Treatment.
Jul 12, 2012

This would involve a "5-week long" treatment to the breast.  ...

When Is MT Week?
May 06, 2010

Thanks. ...

MT Week -- Huh?
May 17, 2010

I've never heard of National MT Week.  Been doing MT for 10 years for the same MTSO.  Never came on to MT Stars until about the last six months.  Obviously, I have never gotten anything for MT Week, so at least some of you are lucky that you do get a little something, whatever it might be.  My MT job just keeps getting better and better (NOT) with pay decreases and work lost to VR.  ...

Pay Week Help
Jan 19, 2011

I am kind of lost in the pay dates for the next pay day on Friday.  Could someone tell me what days we are getting paid for?  I though it was for 2 weeks starting on the 1st and ending on a Sat.  Is that the way they do it now?  Thanks guys! ...

Pay Once A Week
May 05, 2011

Who is the company that pays every week? It was just on the job's seekers board, but now I cannot find it.  Any info would be helpful. I would love to get paid every week.   Thanks ...

NJA Every Day Last Week
Sep 04, 2011

I'm trying to finish out my notice and will have to force myself to turn on that stupid computer in the a.m.  May not be finishing out because I am not going to be strapped down waiting for piddly crap to come my way every 45 minutes. I just keep wondering what the patients would say if they knew their records were going to India just to save a few bucks.  I'd love for some news media to pick it up and ask that very question. ...

Oh Boy Another Week Of
Feb 13, 2012

ASRopoly.  ASR:  pyelogram, grams dictated:  5 mg Just one of 1200 mistakes to be edited in a 2-minute report.  Words added, words left out, wrong words, almost right words, wrong gender, wrong verb tense, no punctuation, punctuation everywhere . . . . . . . ...

NJA Second Day This Week
Jun 07, 2012

I have NJA again. Getting tired of this. ...

3rd Week Of 97% - So Now What Happens?
Nov 12, 2012

Are they going to fire me? And is it true that they can remotely go into my computer to see if I'm working or not? See what websites I've been at? ...

Week Or Two Or Week Or 2?
Feb 20, 2013

I should know this one, but don't come across it all that often.  According to Book of Style, is it "notify me in a week or two" or "notify me in a week or 2"? Thank for your input everyone. ...

SAT - FRI Pay Week
Sep 06, 2013

What kind of company does this?  Oh wait, never mind, I know.  ...

Had A New TSM For One Week
Nov 06, 2013

and now she has vanished into the great MM black hole.  Farewell! ...

MT Week Is Almost Here!!
Apr 15, 2014

and.... "Similar to 2013, our MT Week theme this year is Quality and all HDS/SHDA employees will be able to participate in fun and educational activities highlighting the importance of quality." ...

Pay Week
Dec 19, 2014

Has our work week been changed to Saturday through Friday or is it still Sunday through Saturday. ...

How Often Do You Get 99-100% For The Week
Mar 31, 2015

I have only gotten the higher pay a handfull of times.  I was wondering how often others did.  I hate it that I am usually getting 100% all week and then last minute, when they are supposed to be done auditing for the week, they find an error to push me off the grid. ...

MT Week
May 15, 2015

I really think the easiest way to send MModal a message would be if everyone, and I mean everyone, just did not participate.  I think that would be the loudest message of all that we do not give a flying cr** about their "games" anymore. You want to appreciate me, treat me like the skilled, knowledgable, MT that I used to be paid a living a fair wage for.  Bring back a real incentive, bring back shift differentials, give back an actual end-of year bonus, etc. ...

Starting The Week Off In A Bad Way...
Nov 02, 2009

Two drugs under med list:  s/l peruvian falsa and locaine 1%... ...

What A Horrible Day, Or Should I Say Week Or 2.
Mar 23, 2010

OMG, what a horrible time I'm having.  This pay I'm not even averaging my minimum.  All around the country again.  What happened to lock down?  I thought I sent 2 reports to QA but forgot to mark the QA box.  Not my fault for the blanks but according to what I've been told, if we just can't understand the dictator, we have to send it to QA.  MOST of the work I send to QA they can't get either, but its counted against us anyway.  W ...