A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Acusis pay is so depressing! After paying bills - I only have 52 cents for gas & groceries. :(

Posted: Sep 22, 2011

Cry

Oh Yippeeeee.....and they are in the process of buying SPi.....so that means MORE - MTs and less work. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Acusis/SPi - But...

[ In Reply To ..]
When they buy a company, they also buy the accounts.

Similar Messages:

Is There Anything More DEPRESSING Than
May 21, 2013

Most of us, I think, could be said to be "word people" - but the fact is, words are beginning to fail me.  Here come the emails from "corporate" telling me how wonderful I am... ...and then I look at my paycheck. ...and then I get yet another "client specifics" PDF file consisting of the 33 million things I must always remember. ...and then I get yet more "OUT OF TAT - PLEASE HELP!" messages... ...and then I get another QA quibbling over the placement of a comma that even English gramma ...

Just Plain Depressing
Sep 04, 2014

The changes and the unknown that hit us on a daily basis are extremely hard to take and now so many people out of work with no recourse.  But to have to start the day without our superb supervisor KF, there just isn't anything left.  No one left that cares about the clients and no one that cares about the MTs.  I know they want us all to quit so they don't have to pay UE, but screw them. ...

Totally Depressing
Dec 12, 2014

So depressing...by slowing down to a snail's pace by watching every comma, paragraph break and dash so that I can pass audits, I'm now taking almost a $400/month pay cut.  Wonder if I would make more on unemployment???  This job is now laughable (and I'm sure there is a misplaced comma somewhere in this post!). ...

So Depressing, I Have Been Reading The Thread Below (sm)
Mar 12, 2011

regarding line counts, pay, etc.  I have been a medical transcriptionist for over 23 years, have experience in multiple specialties although orthopedics, neurology and cardiology are my favorite, and I barely bring home $600.00 every 2 weeks.  That is with me working 10-12 hours a day, 5 and 6 days a week.  I have been searching high and low for a new company, hating to jump ship, but desperately needing to earn more.  My statement to those earning more than 600-800 a WEEK .. ...

Letter In My File Today...this Is So Depressing.
Jun 20, 2015

Hi all my fellow MTs:)  I was given a letter of reprimand, informal warning, that I signed in too early, I think it was 10 minutes early, because the day before I had logged in 7 minutes late, yet they told me it was okay to go over at the end of the shift, just don't log in early.  Now, I have that letter in my file (my first notice).  I also have not gotten a good line count because I have been OOW almost every day of the week, yet they assured me they were working on somet ...

What Is The Pay Like At Amphion? Enough To Pay Your Bills?
Nov 22, 2010

nm ...

For Those Of You Who Don't Make Money At This, How Do You Pay Your Bills? Sm
Jan 21, 2011

Just wondering.  If you don't mind my asking...  I'm thinking about working from home again, but last time I did this I didn't make any money at it.  That was when I only had 2 years' experience though.  I have 6 now.  This time around I HAVE to make a certain amount to pay my bills!  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!       ...

Tired Of Being Lied To And Never Being Able To Pay Bills
Oct 26, 2011

So this last place I started working said "these are old accounts that are not going anywhere."  Hmm, so why did I get an email last night saying they were keeping all work inhouse?  I am so sick and tired of worrying about money.  The really sad part is I have already applied everywhere and no one will hire me (Wal-Mart, McDonald's).  Just so tired of it all.  I wish someone wrote a book and entitled it How to be Homeless because that is what I am going to be. ...

Lawyer Bills And IMEDX
Apr 01, 2015

The idea of class action lawsuits is to get their $500 an hour attorneys looking at mounds of info. You only get attention dipping your hand into their pockets, deep at that. They will take attention then. It is a very valid claim. ...

I JUST WANT TO MAKE SOME MONEY I JUST WANT TO PAY MY BILLS, WHY IS THAT SO DIFFICULT?????
Mar 19, 2010

over 26 years of experience, i have three jobs and guess what?  NO WORK, NO WORK, NO WORK!!!!!  How does one meet their financial needs when you cannot make a living off of 3 JOBS????????  I am working vr on one of them and just started so I am not making diddly there.  So I have two part-times to supplement, but still NO WORK!!  I JUST WANT TO TYPE!!!!!  I JUST WANT TO PAY MY BILLS!!!!  Thanks for letting me vent!!!!!! ...

Does Money Buy Happiness? No But It Helps Pay The Bills!
Apr 18, 2012

Saw this on another blog, thought immediately of the implications as it relates to hardworking MTs and the repeated pay cuts we have taken in this industry. Read and weep! www.livescience.com/19727-price-happiness-survey.html   ...

Haven't You All Noticed How Our Health Care Bills Have Gone Down Since
Aug 05, 2011

cutting the throats of MTs.  LOL ...

Paying For Course
May 28, 2013

Has anyone found any type of loan to pay for your coding programs at Andrews or Career Step that has lower payments than the school payment plans? I'm not saying their price is unreasonable. I just can't afford the payments or to pay outright.   Thanks, Kat ...

We Will All End Up Paying For Benchmark KB Etc!!!!
Mar 11, 2010

So we are all expecting to get the Benchmark KB etc etc....but did anyone but me notice that it says for 2010? I will bet that that means we will have it free for the remainder of 2010 and then have to pay something to keep it after 2010. ...

SS Paying Early
Jan 21, 2011

Waiting with baited breath for someone to repost all of the SS pays early testimonies.  cracking me up - its always good to laugh uncontrollably. anyone ever read a P&P manual? ignorance is bliss.  ...

Paying To Being An MT - Worth It?
Jul 18, 2011

Hello forum users! I am currently very interested in the MT field.  I am a fast typist, excellent speller, I have a good grasp of grammar, etc.  I am eyeing a course offered online, it seems professional and excellent and all that.  The whole thing seems perfect for me!  I would like to work from home and make my own hours while doing this. However, I recently spoke to a neighbor who is an MT, and she is losing her job to a machine.  She also claims that her MT friend ...

Any Companies Paying 9 Cpl Or Above? Sm
Oct 05, 2011

I've been looking at the job ads and have noticed a trend of very low cpl being offered.  Are there still any companies out there paying 9 or above?  I'm tired of wasting my time testing for companies only to find out during the interview process that they're only willing to pay 7 or 8 cpl.  Thanks! ...

Is The Q Paying Every Other Friday Now?
Dec 27, 2011

It used to be twice a month so I'm wondering if the every other Friday is true?  TIA ...

Is 3-T Paying For Windows 7 Pro?
Oct 16, 2012

I have to pay for it and yet others hired for 3-T say the company is paying for it.  Interesting.... ...

You'd Think They Would Get Tired Of Paying So Much UE
Jan 20, 2013

Wouldn't that give somebody in payroll or human resources a CLUE that there is a problem? ...

Not Paying For Spaces
Feb 04, 2013

I've seen it posted in various threads that companies are not paying for typing spaces. I can't get my head around that. What's their rationale? It's a keystroke, just like any letter or number. ...

Best Paying Jobs
Mar 01, 2014

I have been a working MT since 1989.   I make $400-500 a week.   I work approximately 6 hours  a day for this.    Is this an accurate pay?    I would like to hear from other MTs and what are the best paying companies to work for.    ...

Paying Taxes As An IC?
Feb 24, 2015

I recently started working as an independent contractor for a transcription company and understand that I have to take care of the tax side of it myself. I'm new to this and am not sure what I need to do as far as paying taxes go. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! ...

Paying Taxes, I'm Freakin Out
Feb 24, 2010

I am about to do my taxes for 2009.  I had a bunch of money saved up to pay them, but I fell on hard times (little to no typing jobs) and had to use that money to pay bills.  What is going to happen?  I made 11,000 last year.  How much can I expect to owe?  What if I don't have the money????? ...

FUTURENET TECH NOT PAYING
Jan 28, 2011

Did anyone else get the run around from the accounting department at FutureNet Tech today?   They normally pay every other Friday but when no deposit showed up and I inquired, the accounting department first said it would be a little later that normal then when pressed further for exactly when should I expect the pay I have been promised (promised to be paid today!) I was told it would be available tomorrow.   This is not a good sign and while I would rather like to believe t ...

Not Paying For Spaces...how Many Other Companies Now Do This?
Jun 28, 2011

My company is no longer including spaces in the line count.  The line rate has gone up a bit, but not enough to compensate for that loss in the character count. (My line count  has dropped drastically.)  Are other companies going to this new method of compensation?  I know several years ago, when I first starting MT, there was a lot of "stink" about some companies only counting "black" characters, and those were the companies everyone stayed away from.  Ju ...

Highest Paying Companies?
Nov 07, 2011

Hi MTs, Does anyone have information on the hightest paying companies?  9, 10, 11, 12 cpl?  Thanks for your input.  $20 to $25 an houir?  Is it true that voice editing is the pits? ...

Paying A Company To Work For Them?
Mar 05, 2012

I have never heard of this before.  They take money out of every paycheck (no matter how long you work for them) to pay for licensing fees?  What's up with this? ...

Exactly WHEN Did They Stop Paying Holidays?
Jun 04, 2012

I was hired last December.   I could have sworn the recruiter said "7 paid holidays" and 25% pay increase (1 cpl increase - big friggin whoop) for working a holiday.  ...

Where Are The Good Paying Positions?
Jun 29, 2012

I did not spend 35 years doing transcription to take a job paying 5, 6 or 7 cpl.  I would rather be a greeter at Walmart than to sink this low.  What the devil is happening in the transcription world.  It seems like all MTSOs are going bonkers. ...