A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Letter in my file today...this is so depressing. - MT feeling lost

Posted: Jun 20, 2015

Hi all my fellow MTs:)  I was given a letter of reprimand, informal warning, that I signed in too early, I think it was 10 minutes early, because the day before I had logged in 7 minutes late, yet they told me it was okay to go over at the end of the shift, just don't log in early.  Now, I have that letter in my file (my first notice).  I also have not gotten a good line count because I have been OOW almost every day of the week, yet they assured me they were working on something to correct this.  If you can't get a decent line count every day, then how can anyone have a chance to reach their daily goals?  Please tell me I am not alone here!  Companies have their only little idiosyncracies, but all of this makes no sense to me. This company is one of the hardest I have ever had.  They do offer a lot of help through their company that you have to look up and teach yourself, but sometimes I just don't have the time.  Someone kind please reply...need some morale support here.  Thanks ((Everyone))

Jerks. - antigeekess

[ In Reply To ..]
Very few companies today deserve to have decent employees, based on the way they treat them. Hopefully you can find something better and move on soon. I got "counseled" a month or so ago for clocking out a minute too late BECAUSE OUR PRINTER BROKE DOWN LIKE IT ALWAYS DOES ON THE WEEKEND & I couldn't get the freakin' reports out to the units. So I was 8 minutes into the quarter hour when I clocked out and had to have "paperwork" for doing my damn job.

Then I had another "issue" where I was put in a no-win situation & had to have another "meeting." My workload had literally doubled since I started at that place, where I worked over 4 years. I was underpaid, underevaluated, patronized, disregarded, had my boundaries repeatedly infringed upon, dealt with inappropriate behavior, untrainable employees, never got a raise...

...and left my keys at the front desk 3 weeks ago at lunch and never went back. :) #SorryNotSorry

Look around, think outside the box, retrain for something else, relax, get inspired and FIND SOMETHING BETTER! Good luck to you!

Third World Management - Suggest retraining

[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately, that seems to be the norm now with these companies. They are simply following the management practices common to the third world nations of the owners. There are few to no worker protections there. You can see it in the sweatshop disasters where their buildings burn or collapse while underpaid workers and even child laborers die because they were locked inside.

Please do something positive for yourself and find a new career. Anything is better than what you have, but you can find something far better if you try.

Please do not allow yourself to be victimized any longer. Get out.

Ten minutes - wow. (sm) - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
We too run out of work a lot the last few months and were told to "flex". Then last week we were told not to flex outside our shift due to impact it had on work availability for other shifts. So if you work 3-11 and run into OOW, you have to wait until your TSM approves it for you to go outside your shift to make up time.

Last time we were OOW for so long they wound up moving people around. If there is an area that has OT available, that makes sense.

Sorry your supervisor sounds like she was just being ^%$&^%$. A phone call or Spark would have sufficed rather than putting something in your folder like that.

Ten minutes - Another MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for sending such a nice note:) I could not believe she sent me a note like that, and you are right she could have easily sent by Spark, or had a conversation with me by phone, but she had a reason for doing this, so that it could be noted because my work otherwise is good, and for them it is a step closer to terminating me, and I am sure this has been done to many others as well. This account is running of work and it was not supposed to happen. Now, they have too many MTs for this particular account and don't have enough work to go around. I have seen this happen so many times before.

MT FEELING LOST - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
We were told about two to three weeks ago absolutely not a minute overtime or veering from our scheduled shift times even for one minute at all costs. Sorry you got that letter. We went from OT and them begging for help to an OOW situation, moving people around and excepting us to sit at our computers and getting up early to find no work in our queue. I literally sit at my computer and have been watching the clock and clocking in exactly at my shift times. Feel better!

do not believe this - at all

[ In Reply To ..]
that this was the first time you have "signed in 10 minutes too early" and that is all that has ever happened with you at this job. Come on, give us the real story! We're all groveling out here.

It does sound a bit off--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Informal warnings going into your file? That is not the way they normally work. They normally blind-side you and insist upon a formal corrective action plan (PAP) right away, etc. I have also been told that there was half an hour leeway with signing in and out. If it were me, I would not worry about this too much. I would be most worried about the constant OOW situation.

Thanks..I am worried about that too - Another MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I am worried about the OOW situation also. But, they had a big conference to go to in Atlanta before all of this started to change, such as scheduling, OOW problem, and other problems. I cannot give too much info here, but this account is suffering a bit. Thanks for the support:)

Sorry, but this is true - Anothe rMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have only been with Nuance for approximately 3 months now, and for this company I have NEVER signed in early, but this is what happened. I didn't expect anyone to react like this! When I got the note that was the topic she addressed on the subject line. Also, however, I have to bring my line count up...didn't mean to deceive anyone.

I was told you get half an hour leeway - for signing in and out times

[ In Reply To ..]
And considering it sometimes takes a while to check email, address idiotic FIESA garbage, perhaps download new specs, etc., combined with the fact that half the time (or more lately) there is no work anyway, I have to say that's pretty freakin' rich, Nuance.

I have never been called on signing in early or late, I never ask to make up time, I just do it.

I need money and they did not give me enough work, so duh, I am not going to get paid if I don't work. The fact that they are "working on something to correct this" does not pay my bills.

This seems extremely punitive and should you have further "warnings" or "reprimands" all you would have to do to obtain UI is to document all the OOWs and the fact you were unable to make any money in your scheduled hours and they tried to stop you going out of your hours.

This idea that it is in your "permanent record" - many of us having been exemplary students and goody two shoes in school (Nuance know this and that's why they prey on our conscientiousness, which is heinous, of course) is of absolutely no consequence.

In the scheme of things it means nothing except perhaps fodder for your UI claim, so just flip them off and be done with it. Gah, Nuance, you stink.

Left this type of work - No longer MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I had something similar happen at my last job. I got a letter every 2 weeks complaining about low line counts and low hours. Despite repeatedly telling them it was because I was running out of work, for which we HAVE to log out, I got complaint letters and formal warnings to the point they decided to fire ME for it. Needless to say, I said don't waste your time, I quit because there is absolutely no way anyone can make lph counts or hours if there is not enough work to do so. Then if you try to sign in early to make it up they get mad too. It's become a lose-lose situation. Sadly the gal I talked to afterward said she agreed with me but they had to follow company policy on how things are done. It's probably actually got nothing to do with being early or late per se, keep your chin up or like others commented, find a new line of work. I was in the MT business over 11 years and have watched my wages go from 10 bucks an hour with tons of work, to lowly minimum wage with nothing but complaints about low line counts due to lack of work. It's just not worth it anymore. Good luck to you!!

I can't stress this enough - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Keep a copy of every email, correspondence, and for phone calls, send a followup email on the topic discussed and keep that. Either forward a copy of all of these emails to your private account, or take a screen shot of these emails. A lot of what Nuance is doing is illegal, but they were never challenged on this front, but they can't escape justice forever. MQ/MM were sued by MTs and clients over the years for doing many of the things Nuance is trying to do now. You may need proof of what they are doing later for legal purposes or UE. So CYA!

very strange - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
Would love to know what area you type for? We are told to come back later and check in and I very rarely get in anywhere close to 40 hours because I don't have the ability to check back outside of my regular hours because I also work part time for TTS. I always get my LPH in because I seem to work so few hours it is easy to get my required 186 in

Similar Messages:

Letter From Lawyer Today -- Re Transcend
May 24, 2013

The letter offers me to join in a lawsuit against Transcend.  Have you received one, and if so, if you plan to join the lawsuit, would you share your reasoning?  Do you think one might be "blacklisted" for joining such a lawsuit?  Also, I do not understand how they can sue Transcend if it is now part of Nuance?  ...

Received Denial Letter Today
Mar 21, 2014

Noon EST ...

Letter Today About Termination Of Kaiser Medical
Apr 02, 2010

Apparently they are making us switch to United Healthcare (probably cheaper I I think Kaiser is only in CA (???).   I really like my doctor at Kaiser but I guess I'll have to say good bye to her.  As for United, could anyone give me any info on this plan, whether you like it, what the insurance premiums are like for a single person, etc.  Any info appreciated :) Thanks!                     ...

Happily Sent My Letter Of Resignation To SS Today. I Do Note Sm
Feb 09, 2011

that their current ad no longer promises an abundance of work ... finally .. truth in advertising!  LOL   Happy Days are here again ... lalalala ...

Well, It Is Official. Received My Termination Letter Today.
Aug 02, 2013

This is it!  Been waiting for this letter in the mail since July 23 to make it official in my mind and received the boxes to return the CPU and monitor. I went to college with a degree in Medical Transcription/Medical Secretary (our TSMs have NO college degree).  I cannot believe I gave 26 years of my life by working every holiday, having 4 (5 day) vacations in 26 years, being employee of the month 3 times over the years, giving up family time and plans because I am scheduled to work, ...

FYI Received Coding Denial Letter Today Noon
Mar 21, 2014

oh well ...

In The Mail Today I Got A Letter Stating I Was Eligible For A Pell Grant.
Apr 21, 2010

I had to look up what it was because I had never heard of it.  Turns out they are given to poor folks.   I don't know what made them send it to me but it does have my name on it so I know it is for me.   They must know I work at Transcend.  It is only good for vocational training, cannot be for more than one year and must focus on skills necessary for securing entry level employment.  I don't know what direction to go in from here.  I ...

Is There Anything More DEPRESSING Than
May 21, 2013

Most of us, I think, could be said to be "word people" - but the fact is, words are beginning to fail me.  Here come the emails from "corporate" telling me how wonderful I am... ...and then I look at my paycheck. ...and then I get yet another "client specifics" PDF file consisting of the 33 million things I must always remember. ...and then I get yet more "OUT OF TAT - PLEASE HELP!" messages... ...and then I get another QA quibbling over the placement of a comma that even English gramma ...

MS WORD HELP. Will Not Begin Sentence With First Letter In All Caps Anymore, Also The Letter "
Dec 20, 2009

A few weeks ago, for no reason that I can find, I cannot get the first letter of a sentence to be in all caps automatically, (unless I do it manually.)  The same for the letter " I " by itself when typed.   It was always automatic and now all of a sudden it is doing this and I cannot figure out how to change it back. Has anybody else had this problem, if so, how did you fix it? Thanks, appreciate the help ...

Just Plain Depressing
Sep 04, 2014

The changes and the unknown that hit us on a daily basis are extremely hard to take and now so many people out of work with no recourse.  But to have to start the day without our superb supervisor KF, there just isn't anything left.  No one left that cares about the clients and no one that cares about the MTs.  I know they want us all to quit so they don't have to pay UE, but screw them. ...

Totally Depressing
Dec 12, 2014

So depressing...by slowing down to a snail's pace by watching every comma, paragraph break and dash so that I can pass audits, I'm now taking almost a $400/month pay cut.  Wonder if I would make more on unemployment???  This job is now laughable (and I'm sure there is a misplaced comma somewhere in this post!). ...

So Depressing, I Have Been Reading The Thread Below (sm)
Mar 12, 2011

regarding line counts, pay, etc.  I have been a medical transcriptionist for over 23 years, have experience in multiple specialties although orthopedics, neurology and cardiology are my favorite, and I barely bring home $600.00 every 2 weeks.  That is with me working 10-12 hours a day, 5 and 6 days a week.  I have been searching high and low for a new company, hating to jump ship, but desperately needing to earn more.  My statement to those earning more than 600-800 a WEEK .. ...

Acusis Pay Is So Depressing! After Paying Bills
Sep 22, 2011

Anyone Know How To Convert Wma File To DSS Voice File??
Oct 13, 2010

Does anyone know how to convert wma file to DSS file?  I am using Express Scribe but, for some unknown reason, the sound quality is very poor.  I thought if I could convert this to DSS it would sound better on my computer. Any ideas?  Also, anyone know what else I could use besides Express Scribe (free) to play these files?  THANK YOU SO MUCH.   G ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Is There A Way To File Myself?
Sep 23, 2010

I have not been paid by a person for some transcription work I have done for her in May and June.  She owes me $500.  It would cost that much to get a lawyer and court costs and such.  Is there a way that I can go forward with legal action on my own against her? ...

HOW TO FILE A NJA REPORT
Nov 22, 2009

I have been fortunate to have had work since the inception of TeamWork, and no longer know the procedure for filing a NJA report.  Do we do as before and contact support for a ticket number, then send an email to them with a copy to our CCM, or do we have to do something in TeamWork?   Will someone please inform me as to the correct way to file the NJA report?    TIA  ...

Only Receiving 1/2 Of A File
Jan 28, 2010

The doctor I work for, from his recorder into DSS software, can download a 47 minute DS2 file, but when he sends it to me....it is only 24 minutes, even though it is 9.5 MB.....any thoughts? ...

DS2 File Conversion To DSS
Jul 18, 2011

Has anyone had any success in finding an audio converter for DS2 Olympus voice files, so that Express Scribe can play them.  Conversion to a DSS file would work. So far, in my research nothing works.  Any help? ...

File: Mtvclient.exe
Sep 14, 2012

Norton is removing a file that is downloaded on opening ChartNet called mtvclient.exe. A Google search has two pages of comments treating this like a virus or spyware. It is reportedly a keystroke tracker. My question is: Do you know if the purpose of this file is to count lines or is it spyware that tracks your keystrokes in all programs? Thanks! ...

If You Don't Have Any Work, File For UE ...
Oct 17, 2012

Do it now.  If there is no work available on any of your accounts, you need to apply for UE.  If it only brings you extra pocket money, it is STILL worth it.   Apply, now.  Don't let them do this to you.   ...

At What Point Do You File
Jun 26, 2013

I wonder if I'm at that point.  I have not had a huge reduction in work, but about 8 hours a week now.  I've been taking some unpaid time and using PTO.  I think tomorrow I'm going to go to the UE office and talk to them about the TAA assistance. ...

Audio File/sm
Jul 30, 2014

I need to listen to some jobs...I did Alt I from the Fluency Editor home screen to get to Manager. I looked up the jobs by searching under detail and the date. I found the job and clicked on the job #, which gave me options of audio file, editor account output, and count log file (payroll). When I hi-lite audio file, it takes me to a black screen with an audio player icon in the middle of the screen. The length of the audio file always says 0:00 and the volume icon is crossed out, like it' ...

Ortho File
Dec 15, 2014

Can hear a word s/l Box Laminectomy and diskectomy.  Any suggestions please ...

What Would Cause A DQS Expander File To Become Corrupted? Sm
Dec 22, 2009

When I signed off yesterday everything was fine and when I signed on this morning many of my expansions had a quotation mark at the beginning and missing the last letter of the expansion.  Has this ever happened to anyone else?  Does anyone know why it might have happened? ...

File With Contiguous 8-mm Images...
Jan 11, 2010

were obtained from the base to the skull of the vertex without IV contrast.    This doesn't seem to make sense to me.  Any help from anyone?  Please! ...

Voice File Programs
Jul 23, 2010

Is there a program out there that I can purchase other than Express Scribe that would make it easier for me to adjust things on so that I can hear the file a little better? Thank you ...

Please Help! FTP (file Transfer Method)
Aug 09, 2010

Hello, Does anyone know what an FTP file transfer method program and where I could get training on this? I am applying for a job and it requires knowledge of this program. Thank you for any help you can provide :)   ...

Help Me Please....FTP Site File Sending???
Sep 08, 2010

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to send completed typed files via a FTP site?  I was asked to test for a company through an FTP site that they sent me the link to so I could transcribe 2 files.  They said I could send the completed test back via the FTP site but I don't know what to do.  I did look it up on Google but am still lost! ...