A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Lawyer bills and IMEDX - yup

Posted: Apr 01, 2015

The idea of class action lawsuits is to get their $500 an hour attorneys looking at mounds of info. You only get attention dipping your hand into their pockets, deep at that. They will take attention then. It is a very valid claim.

Similar Messages:

What Is The Pay Like At Amphion? Enough To Pay Your Bills?
Nov 22, 2010

nm ...

For Those Of You Who Don't Make Money At This, How Do You Pay Your Bills? Sm
Jan 21, 2011

Just wondering.  If you don't mind my asking...  I'm thinking about working from home again, but last time I did this I didn't make any money at it.  That was when I only had 2 years' experience though.  I have 6 now.  This time around I HAVE to make a certain amount to pay my bills!  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!       ...

Tired Of Being Lied To And Never Being Able To Pay Bills
Oct 26, 2011

So this last place I started working said "these are old accounts that are not going anywhere."  Hmm, so why did I get an email last night saying they were keeping all work inhouse?  I am so sick and tired of worrying about money.  The really sad part is I have already applied everywhere and no one will hire me (Wal-Mart, McDonald's).  Just so tired of it all.  I wish someone wrote a book and entitled it How to be Homeless because that is what I am going to be. ...

I JUST WANT TO MAKE SOME MONEY I JUST WANT TO PAY MY BILLS, WHY IS THAT SO DIFFICULT?????
Mar 19, 2010

over 26 years of experience, i have three jobs and guess what?  NO WORK, NO WORK, NO WORK!!!!!  How does one meet their financial needs when you cannot make a living off of 3 JOBS????????  I am working vr on one of them and just started so I am not making diddly there.  So I have two part-times to supplement, but still NO WORK!!  I JUST WANT TO TYPE!!!!!  I JUST WANT TO PAY MY BILLS!!!!  Thanks for letting me vent!!!!!! ...

Acusis Pay Is So Depressing! After Paying Bills
Sep 22, 2011

Does Money Buy Happiness? No But It Helps Pay The Bills!
Apr 18, 2012

Saw this on another blog, thought immediately of the implications as it relates to hardworking MTs and the repeated pay cuts we have taken in this industry. Read and weep! www.livescience.com/19727-price-happiness-survey.html   ...

Haven't You All Noticed How Our Health Care Bills Have Gone Down Since
Aug 05, 2011

cutting the throats of MTs.  LOL ...

I Will Be Getting A Lawyer
Aug 12, 2011

First I need to apologize to the MTStars and its posters for having submitted material for which I was temporarily banned.  I should have, and did not, clearly apply their rules to my posts.  I have been re-instated and I want to thank MTStars for allowing my return. I am going to be seeking a lawyer and will be documenting as much information as I can.  Hopefully it will be a two-fold case:  The first addressing off-shore, and the second addressing our less-than-o ...

Just Spoke To A Lawyer
Jan 13, 2010

I spoke to a lawyer who knows some of the circumstances we will all face with the new HIPPA laws.  If you type a report and typed in a fax number or cc to a certain individual and it is wrong and gets sent to (that pizza company in the video), it all depends how the hospital, doctor, HIPPA and anyone else concerned on how they want to proceed with this situation.  If the doctor clearly states a fax number and an MT put the fax number in wrong and there are ways of finding out who did ...

Lawyer Contact
May 14, 2012

Will someone please post how to contact the attorney mentioned in so many of these messages.  I am ready to do that right now...might as well do something productive as I have NO WORK AGAIN TODAY!!! ...

What My Lawyer Said About FIESA
Jul 11, 2014

I was seeing my lawyer for other legal matters and asked him if he  knew anything about labor law.  He said a little.  I told him how we are paid by production, which includes providing our own computers, work environments at home, reading and responding to company email  and you know, every other little thing we have to do like searching for patients, etc., etc., etc., and now we are expected to log into FIESA and sign off on "errors."  He said off the top of his head, ...

Where Is The Class Action Lawyer?
Mar 03, 2010

There ought to be class action lawyers lined around the block to represent us!!! ...

Has Anyone Checked With A Lawyer About MM Not Paying For CCs And
Nov 26, 2012

demos when we're required to spend time searching and entering them?  How can we be required to spend hours and hours a week searching & entering "required" information but not be paid for that time or those lines?  Would it be a labor lawyer? ...

Went To Talk To A Lawyer Today....
Nov 20, 2014

.....been going on with my job as a medical transcriptionist for the last several years to see if I had any legal recourse (I don't).  Anyway, while we were talking I found out that he did not have a secretary/receptionst.  I told him if he was ever looking for one that I would be interested.  Then we got to talking about becoming a paralegal, and he said "you really don't want to do that".  He basically said lawyers can be jerks to work with, and when you are ...

Labor Board Or Lawyer
Dec 03, 2014

in all seriousness, can this be done legally?  what about the state minimum wage... the Labor Board should be notified or a lawyer to make sure this is legal.    ...

Letter From Lawyer Today -- Re Transcend
May 24, 2013

The letter offers me to join in a lawsuit against Transcend.  Have you received one, and if so, if you plan to join the lawsuit, would you share your reasoning?  Do you think one might be "blacklisted" for joining such a lawsuit?  Also, I do not understand how they can sue Transcend if it is now part of Nuance?  ...

When A Company Doesn't Pay And You Can't Afford A Lawyer...
Apr 03, 2014

You're pretty much out of luck, right? A company didn't pay me, and I can't afford a lawyer to sue them as I'm flat broke. Do I have any options to get my money? ...

I Did Return Lawyer's Call And Leave A Message
May 13, 2012

I have to admit, it was tough calling - it just makes it all the more real - wow, these companies really have screwed us all over for years!  It is a painful realization...I mean, you KNOW you're getting screwed over...but when you make contact with the legal system...it's real in a way it wasn't before. However...I'm glad I called!!!!!!  I'm hoping other people will call as well - maybe if this law firm can't take it on, there will be some other law firm ...

Imedx And Moderator At MT Stars, Plz Ignore All Employees/posters Of Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

Moderator, please delete everything on your site that refers to Imedx, even this post of mine, it is only the right thing to do. I prefer to be angry and have no where to vent. Last week we were told by Op Mgr that "she has a call into the client about why volume is so low." Yesterday, we got a "yippee" from "her" about having a coupla hundred jobs ready. This morning, we got an email saying, "we need to make sure you have backup accounts now." I wont address the timesheet issue, I am still ...

If It Looks Like IMEDX, Talks Like IMEDX, It Is IMEDX
Feb 28, 2015

No one on this board seems to give specifics when they get canned from IMEDX. So my question is this: Can each person who got laid off/fired let us know more details. Were you PT or full time, did they call or did they email, did you have options, or just firing. How many lines did you do per day. Some of us may not be in your situation and you may have been just an employee that was not worth IMEDX's time and they got rid of you while they may keep all the others, or full timers. Details p ...

Imedx?
May 07, 2012

Anybody have any words about this company, good or bad? ...

IMedX
Jul 02, 2012

Was just informed that my current employer has merged with  iMedX.  Does anyone know anything at all about this company? ...

IMedX PTO
Mar 03, 2014

My company has been acquired by iMedX. How much PTO do we get? Thank you. ...

IMedX Pay
Jul 17, 2014

Has anyone elseĀ  who works at iMedX noticed that pay is usually less than the invoice? This is a consistent occurrence for me. ...

Imedx ??
Jul 18, 2014

What info does anyone have on imedx? Good and bad ?  Thank you  ...

SGS/IMEDX
Jul 31, 2014

What we were told is that it was a "partnership".  They were just described to us as a new HR company taking over our HR Department.  I hadn't heard anything about people getting layed off, but it doesn't surprise me.  We just elected our health benefits with United Health Care and now they want us to they want to choose health plans all over again with Aetna!! ...

TT/Imedx
Dec 19, 2014

Things are just too quiet. So many problems, and I feel like they just quit talking about them.  No more mention of shutting down TT e-mail, etc.  I agree with a poster below who stated she feels like she works for a nonentity.   I realized today I haven't even seen an e-mail from DH in a month.  Starting to wonder if even she jumped ship or was told to get off the ship.   ...

TT/Imedx - How Many W2s? Not That I've
Jan 19, 2015

I was lucky enough to get out of MT and TT/Imedx just before Christmas.  I can't remember how many payroll companies there were last year and how many W2s to expect.  Guess I'm just trying to block out the whole experience of TT/Imedx!  TIA ...

TT W2s Before IMEDX
Jan 28, 2015

Has anyone received their TT W2s from before IMEDX as of yet?  Can anyone tell me the website where they would be available?  I believe it was ADP, and I can't get in there.  TIA for any and all help. ...

Imedx/tt
Feb 05, 2015

I am afraid that imedx is wanting to eliminate all TransTech employees.  That is the only thing that makes sense to me, considering their decisions.  We will see. ...