A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

No work equals stressful day - mom22

Posted: Dec 26, 2014

With work just barely trickling in, it was enough to keep me from OOW status but the outcome has been a lot of stress.

I was stuck doing an account I've never seen, reviewing a ton of specs, going over the report many, many times to clean up any blanks/issues, and looked up so many old notes to get the right wording and format that literally my right hand is numb from mouse use.

My effort to still provide the best quality I can resulted in barely anything completed in that time, a laughable line count, and a lower tier for the week because it just killed my line count/hours worked ratio. 

It is quite defeating to want to do your best when the cards are stacked against you.  Next week will be a very telltale week to see if things are back to normal or even semi-normal.  How about a pay scale that rewards those who go the extra mile and penalizes the ones who do consistently crappy work???  Well, at least I'm guaranteed minimum wage today.  These changes are just soooo exciting I can barely contain myself!

I hear ya. What other job is there where - the more effort you

[ In Reply To ..]
you put in to making sure everything is correct, the less you get paid? Sickening.

stressful day - shrugger

[ In Reply To ..]
So why do you do it? Why do you continue to put up with the stress? Bad files, bad dictators, bad companies, they are the soup de jour in this profession.

The why is complicated - mom22

[ In Reply To ..]
I've asked myself this a lot lately. Maybe I'm hopeful that things really will get better. Maybe I'm afraid of starting over or afraid of failure. Maybe I'm worried about any kind of income in a difficult situation. Maybe I'm loyal to a fault, no matter how misplaced.

It's Christmas, and work is always crazy - feast or famine - at that time. I'm holding out to see what today's paycheck is and if next week evens out a little.

And if it doesn't work out, then I guess I tackle loss of hope, tackling my fear, and staying up all night worrying. I won't worry about the loyalty at that point!

No work - ask to work on UP - Way behind NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Too Many Stressful Emails!!
Jan 09, 2015

Sometimes I actually think this job is okay and then in one day I get emails saying I am getting a new TSM, I failed a job because I didn't flag a DOCTOR'S MISTAKE, and I might need a new computer for the new platform upgrade. Does anyone care about me? I know what you are going to say...NO! ...

Waiting For The Axe To Fall Is STRESSFUL!
Nov 04, 2009

The account I am on now is a very large ******** that apparently have in their account absolutely no off-shoring (though I'm sure MQ could get around this), and as o YET have not run into the NJA situations (in fact we are usually behind and being offered OT).  However, I can't help when I'm reading this board and seeing a lot of NJA complaints that this will soon enough happen to us all.  If I didn't come to this board I'd be blissfully unaware.  ...

Is Coding Stressful, Or Low Paying?
Mar 24, 2015

This forum seems full of cranky people. Is coding that stressful or low paying of a job? Or does it just attract those with inhospitable dispositions?  ...

98.9 Equals No Incentive
Aug 02, 2012

So I check Feisa and there is a "C" graded report.....I'm fed up.  What do you put for feedback? Here is what I sent: " Well, I give up. There is not a human being alive who can be 100% for 100% of the time or even 98%  for 100% of the time.  I don't make errors on purpose. This job is too tedious and detail oriented to stare at the computer screen for 8 hours a day and not make some mistakes. I am not a machine. I shall continue to do my work to the best of m ...

8 Cpl As IC Equals ? As An Employee? 6 Cpl
Dec 02, 2013

It's been a long time since I've been an IC and I'm trying to decide if it's even worth it. I am an employee now making the whopping 8 cpl, but I do run out of work all the time....   Thanks. ...

26 Meds Equals 25 Commas To Add
May 10, 2013

Yet, they refuse to get why ASR can take longer than straight typing. ...

Pain All Over Mostly Pointing To His--equals--
Mar 07, 2014

Speech wreck of a very clear dictator.  Getting worse every day!  No wonder I can't make minimum wage, tho I used to have no problem doing that with this company. ...

Taking PTO Equals Punishment.
Apr 14, 2014

Isn't it enough that they strip our pay down to near minimum wage? Using even 1 or 2 hours of PTO in a week will cause one's weekly incentive to fall. Can't they give us even one little break, like make the weekly incentive a daily incentive like in the olden days? Come on, CEOs, please give us a little crumb here. We're falling fast. I personally am down about $25K per year. How can that be? I'm a good worker, or I should say I used to be a good worker until FIESA came ...

2 Lines Of Editing Equals 1 Line For Payment
Sep 22, 2010

For those of you thinking of going with FN out of California, when you get your employment package, you will find that 2 lines of work equals 1 line of editing--in other words, you must do twice as much work to get paid for a line of editing.  Of course, you do not find that out until you have invested time and interest with this place.  ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

Does Anyone Know What 0.08 Line Without Spaces Equals Out To With Spaces?
Nov 25, 2010

Does anyone know what 0.08 line without spaces equals out to with spaces? ...