Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: OVER.. (Views: 41)

Sounds like my MT life - SleepyMT

Posted: Jul 17th, 2017 - 6:21 pm In Reply to: Wonder if my transfer to this new group is going to get me on PM. - dnr

You're describing my average day. Within the past 4 months, I have seen a large increase in blank ADT screens. Sometimes the doctor puts in the wrong patient number or it's an overflow from Nuance. It is a pain and a time consumer. Thankfully, the ones from Nuance that I'm getting allow for typing doctor and patient names phonetically since they do not have a database. As for looking up previous reports, I would only look at the repository, not the job search area on the Fluency platform. Even then, the previous reports are only helpful to me if the doctor is coherent. If I can't understand what they are saying or even hear a cadence, a vowel, a word...prior reports won't help. As for equipment, I keep a browser window open (Bing for me), type it phonetically and then add "heart cath" or whatever the specialty is and I usually can find what I'm looking for pretty quick. I know it's still time consuming but that's all my MT jobs have been...a lot of research for no pay. I don't currently see a way around it. My blanks have skyrocketed in the past 2 months or so too since I've been seeing new hospitals and dictators popping up. Many of them simply don't care and mumble right through. I'm not going to guess. If it's that bad, I don't send them to QA anymore because I've learned that they don't get the blanked text either. No point in putting them through extra garbage!

I share your concerns with blanks and with lph. I'm doing my best with what I have. I need this job but I'm not a robot and certainly not perfect despite what MM wants me to be. I was actually told to be 100% on an account more than once. I did my best.

Hope things improve for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)