A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pt to be taken off Toprol and put on s/l "Mess tall" for palpitations and chest discomfort - traci

Posted: May 20, 2010

d

metoprolol - rc

[ In Reply To ..]
;

metoprolol is generic for Toprol, not sure about - substituting one for the other. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Sorry, It fits logically but not in my ear :) More info in message. - traci

[ In Reply To ..]
Cardiologist suspects symptoms are related to COPD. Discontinue Toprol and begin "Mass Tall" at 5 mg for further treatment of her chest discomfort, palpitations and hopefully help with dyspnea. (southern accent)

how about - minoxidil?

[ In Reply To ..]
An antihypertensive. Not a beta blocker like toprol, which can exacerbate COPD symptoms.

Thanks guys! I finally got it. It is "byastolic" Missed the ic at the end :/ - traci

[ In Reply To ..]
d

Similar Messages:

Slender Body Habitus, S/l Eight Tall Days Chest X-ray
Mar 23, 2011

Slender body habitus, s/l eight tall days chest x-ray. Slender cardiac silhouette. ...

Toprol Versus Toprol XL
Jan 07, 2013

IF a doctor dictates just "Toprol," should it be transcribed as Toprol XL? ...

Neck And Shoulder Discomfort From Transcribing
Nov 30, 2011

I know we shoud sit as ergonomically as possible while transcribing, but I am still having considserable neck and shoulder pain.  Does anyone have any suggestions; exercises, changes in equipment, position, etc.?  This has gotten progressively worse over the years.  I do work long hours - sometimes 12 to 16 at a time.  Yesterday I finally threw in the towel and started a course of prednisone.  Something has to work better than a constant array of steroids.  TIA! ...

Tall Tales And Lies...SM
Mar 05, 2012

Today I had a QA person tell me that HIPAA requires that all transcribed documents need to have a score of 98% or better.  She says "it's the law".  I can see a MTSO requiring 98%, but seriously doubt this is a HIPAA violation, more likely a Joint Commission requirement when they audit the hospital.  If this was the case, why even do an audit of 3-5 transcribed documents and do an average score.  They could just keep track of every time you went below 98% and count em up ...

The Patient Feels Like She Has ___(sounds Like Socked In) Discomfort In Her Maxillary Sinuses.
Oct 05, 2010

TIA ...

Doing A Report On A 95 Foot Tall Woman - And It Is Randomly
Sep 28, 2013

nm ...

We Could Fix Some Of This Mess If...
Feb 18, 2011

the patient that signs all the privacy statements when entering the hospital only knew his medical information was going to "another country" what are the chances they are going to say, "Sure, go ahead and send it."  Hey, isn't that what "privacy is all about??  I don't think all the old steelworkers and other unionized people would go for that.  If only they knew!!  That is just not what someone sits around and thinks about...Hmmm, wonder where my med recs are toda ...

How Would You Like To Correct This Mess?
Nov 07, 2009

Ever wonder why you miss words that are misspelled, even when you “carefully” proof every page?  If you can read the following, you will learn the answer.    From Cambridge University : O lny srmat poelpe can raed tihs. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, t he olny iprmoatnt tihn ...

What A Mess They Are Sending!
Aug 27, 2013

Okay.  Finished report that original MT was in India.  Went to 2 different QA editors, nothing corrected.  Came to me.  I made over 50 corrections.  If this is any indication of their work, our jobs are safe.  Ridiculous and diiscouraging at the same time. ...

FIESA Mess
Dec 29, 2013

I'm so tired of trying to get into FIESA  to see the account specifics. I'm constantly having to change my password and then it doesn't even work Does anyone else have this problem. ...

Emotional Mess
Jun 24, 2014

I just need to know if I am the only one that cries everyday on this job.  I can barely even see through my tears to post this message.  First I get a good report, but then I know that I will be barraged with at least 2 or more bad ones after that.  It is nothing but a roller coaster and now I can't even find a way to locate and listen to a transcribed report returned to me as bad.  It is impossible to focus under this pressure of never knowing when the email is coming o ...

Does Firefox Mess Up Anything? Thanks!
Jul 26, 2014

Was just wondering if it interfered with any programs. ...

South Division. What A Mess!
Mar 08, 2010

Here I sit twiddling my thumbs because I can't work my regular schedule. When I signed on today, the audio was so low I could barely hear it. Muddled through the first report, straining. Second report comes up...same thing. Tried everything I could think of to no avail, unplugging speakers, turning off and on, etc, rebooting. Called Tech. They identified no problem. Said to send to QA so perhaps they could??? No reply from CCM (more than likely because she's bombarded with emails from ...

Operative Note Mess
Jul 07, 2011

The distal end of the bile duct was oversewn with running, locking 3-0 PDS, and the end-to-side choledochojejunostomy was done to the loop of jejunum with a running 4-0 PDS suture. We placed Evicel around this **s/l "so a ligamentum teres off the shassum posterior** and anchored. Omental pedicle flap was then fashioned **s/l and anterior to anteriorly** to protect the anastomosis. Thanks in advance. ...

Worthless Dead End Mess
Mar 17, 2015

I have never wanted to be fired so badly in my life.  I have worked in some real feces factories in my day, but this one beats them all.  How on earth do they expect any MLS to care about any of these reports if they aren't going to pay us a decent wage?  I hope the stock crashes.  If the rest of the company is managed as poorly as the transcription division, it's only a matter of time until it does.  ...

Nuance/Alphastaff Nightmarish Benefits Enrollment Mess
Dec 16, 2011

I have never seen such a disorganized operation. We've been getting forms periodically emailed. Many forms don't have adequate instructions on where they're supposed to be sent. State tax forms haven't been sent to everyone as they should have been. Some employees haven't even gotten news about what they'll be paid next year, and yet they're expected to choose benefits without knowing what they'll be earning. This has been incredibly stressful and unneces ...

CT Chest
Mar 19, 2010

Technique:  Please note that this protocol is limited designed specifically for evaluation of the lung and s/l Turse disease???? ...

Really Just Need To Get This Off My Chest
Jul 07, 2012

Okay, I really have to ask this and get this out of my system.  As an MT, if you work as an IC, and you commit to be available during a rough time period, do you feel that it is okay not to show up when you are supposed to?  I find myself very aggravated this evening.  I am a QA for a company who has been beaten about on this board several times, but at the same time, if you take a job and commit to something, shouldn't you show up when you say you will?  Is it right for ...

Chest Tubes
Dec 10, 2009

The right thoracic cavity   ???  a separate chest tube.  (was made, sustained -- any ideas for wording that might work? ...

Viasendly On Chest X-ray?
Apr 08, 2010

I am so stuck. I have searched and searched, and I cannot find this word. This patient had blunt trauma to his chest. They did a portable chest x-ray and report "Cardiac silhouette appears quite normal. The _________ (s/l viasendly) does appear evident in the left anterior chest." ...

Chest Pains On My Day Off
Nov 08, 2010

Its my day off and all I do is think about what awful thing they will do to me next.  I literally have chest pain.  I am scared all the time.  I am scared when I am typing that I am making a mistake.  I am scared when I am not typing that I won't make enough money to support my family.  I am scared every time I spend a penny.  There is no rest for the weary. ...

Chest X-ray Showed
Mar 21, 2011

Chest x-ray showed cardiomegaly with s/l perihaligus" disease and possible pulmonary edema.... help, stuck... ...

Chest Tube Help
Jun 30, 2011

Five grams of sterile talc mixed with 150 cc of normal saline wsa instilled via the s/l lava of the chest tube.  This is an ESL doctor, any suggestions? ...

Nullcline Of Chest
Feb 11, 2013

Dermatology doc says "Pt has a pink papule along the (s/l) nullcline on his right lower chest." I found this word by googling nulkline, but don't know if it is used in anatomical id. ...

CHEST X-RAY VIEWS
Feb 11, 2013

Is it PA, lateral, and upright views of the chest or PA lateral and upright views of the chest? Where do the commas actually go? ...

Have To Get This Off My Chest, Thanks For Listening
May 30, 2013

I am really really really (times pi) sickened but I figure if I write it here I can go to work and try to hang in there. I got the quarterly bonus and qualify for most times the weekly ones (depending on OOW situation and or if there are so many ESL a week I can't get the goal lines). Anyway, I have this high QA score on my weekly time sheet which is figured quarterly. Now, for the past 2 weeks, I am informed by TL that my quality is 98.6%, that I have in excess of 50, yes 50 critical error ...

Chest Exam
Mar 28, 2014

In the exam, the doctor says: Chest exam is without respiratory (s/l) angel-tasias.  ...

Type Of Chest Tube
Nov 12, 2009

s/l arrow chest tube for pneumothorax ...

RADIOLOGY: PA And Lateral Chest---NVM!!!!
Nov 19, 2009

Alone in-house today and need a little help. "There is a vague nodular density overlying the anterior first rib approximately 15 mm which suspect is a bone island.  The patient will be recalled for lordotic, reverse lordotic,  and infused cone of the apices." Not sure of the bolded part and even less sure about the word apices. Thanks! He repeated himself a little clearer later on in the dictation.  He said:  "The patient will be recalled for lordotic/reverse lordotic vie ...

S/l Deoveno Chest Pain
Feb 05, 2010

There is some s/l deoveno chest pain, PND, or orthopnea. Any clue?  ...