A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does Firefox mess up anything? Thanks! - tootsie

Posted: Jul 26, 2014

Was just wondering if it interfered with any programs.

I was told I need to use IE for Fluency - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

That is odd. My TL told me she uses Firefox - and has no probs with it. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Fluency is not web based. It is a stand alone program. - Firefox ok

[ In Reply To ..]
Firefox usually works for the MM web sites. It won't mess anything up as far as working goes. Although, I don't think the web search feature (Ctl 1, 2, 3 or 4) will work with Firefox. You'll just have to give that a try.

Definitely not - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
In fact, Internet Explorer was causing problems with the Fluency Manager a while back causing a memory leak. At the time, they recommended either Firefox or Chrome. In the techie world, IE is considered bottom of the barrel and should be avoided.

Similar Messages:

IE9 & Firefox
Oct 05, 2012

I tried to test for TransTech, but my IE 9 isn't compatible with their test. IE 8 is and so is Firefox. Is it true that once you've installed IE 9 you can't go back to IE 8? Can I install Firefox, use it just for the test, then delete without causing any technical problems such as erasing duplicate files, etc? (I get frequent messages that I'm running out of space). Thanks for any suggestions! ...

Problems Using Firefox Anyone?
Oct 24, 2009

If I use Firefox I get the posts double spaced.  Two different computers, same.  IE is normal.  Anyone else getting double spacing.  Actually I like it better, easier to read.  ...

Isn't There An Add-on In Firefox To Hide All These Ads?
Oct 27, 2009

This site is covered in ads everywhere now, and it's getting annoying... I thought I remembered someone saying Firefox has a way to hide ads?  ...

Firefox Re-installation......
Jun 11, 2015

I think my Firefox files are corrupted so I'd like to reinstall the program with the same bookmarks.  I'm hesitant to do it in case something goes wrong.  Can anyone give me the steps to go thru to do this? Any help appreciated!   ...

IE For Firefox And What A Difference In Speed!
Nov 18, 2012

On both my Win XP and Vista computers I had tremendous slow downs and freezes while using Internet Explorer. In checking the Task Manager/Processes it showed several iexplore.exe files running and getting bigger, up to 500,000K. By shutting down the biggerst one I had immediate improvement in speed, but sometimes this would shut down the Internet connection. I was constantly having to shut down one of these files. I switched to Firefox and what a huge improvement! It consistently runs on about 1 ...

Is Mmodfal Compatible With Firefox?
Feb 14, 2015

My IE is real, real slow, so I want to switch to Firefox, but not sure if there will be a problem using MModal with it.  Does anyone know if Firefox can be used as a browser with MModal? ...

Error When Trying To See DocQManage Info In Firefox
Jun 06, 2011

I got sick of Internet Explorer hogging up all my memory and I switched to Mozilla Firefox.  Works really great except when I go to DocQManage to look at the unassigned work I can't see the list and this message is there: XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entityLocation: https://www.speechmachines.org/status/AllUnassignedWorkXSL.aspx?PARAMS=TP=False|VIEWMODE=CFLine Number 2, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>^ Any ideas or is more info ...

We Could Fix Some Of This Mess If...
Feb 18, 2011

the patient that signs all the privacy statements when entering the hospital only knew his medical information was going to "another country" what are the chances they are going to say, "Sure, go ahead and send it."  Hey, isn't that what "privacy is all about??  I don't think all the old steelworkers and other unionized people would go for that.  If only they knew!!  That is just not what someone sits around and thinks about...Hmmm, wonder where my med recs are toda ...

How Would You Like To Correct This Mess?
Nov 07, 2009

Ever wonder why you miss words that are misspelled, even when you “carefully” proof every page?  If you can read the following, you will learn the answer.    From Cambridge University : O lny srmat poelpe can raed tihs. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, t he olny iprmoatnt tihn ...

What A Mess They Are Sending!
Aug 27, 2013

Okay.  Finished report that original MT was in India.  Went to 2 different QA editors, nothing corrected.  Came to me.  I made over 50 corrections.  If this is any indication of their work, our jobs are safe.  Ridiculous and diiscouraging at the same time. ...

FIESA Mess
Dec 29, 2013

I'm so tired of trying to get into FIESA  to see the account specifics. I'm constantly having to change my password and then it doesn't even work Does anyone else have this problem. ...

Emotional Mess
Jun 24, 2014

I just need to know if I am the only one that cries everyday on this job.  I can barely even see through my tears to post this message.  First I get a good report, but then I know that I will be barraged with at least 2 or more bad ones after that.  It is nothing but a roller coaster and now I can't even find a way to locate and listen to a transcribed report returned to me as bad.  It is impossible to focus under this pressure of never knowing when the email is coming o ...

South Division. What A Mess!
Mar 08, 2010

Here I sit twiddling my thumbs because I can't work my regular schedule. When I signed on today, the audio was so low I could barely hear it. Muddled through the first report, straining. Second report comes up...same thing. Tried everything I could think of to no avail, unplugging speakers, turning off and on, etc, rebooting. Called Tech. They identified no problem. Said to send to QA so perhaps they could??? No reply from CCM (more than likely because she's bombarded with emails from ...

Operative Note Mess
Jul 07, 2011

The distal end of the bile duct was oversewn with running, locking 3-0 PDS, and the end-to-side choledochojejunostomy was done to the loop of jejunum with a running 4-0 PDS suture. We placed Evicel around this **s/l "so a ligamentum teres off the shassum posterior** and anchored. Omental pedicle flap was then fashioned **s/l and anterior to anteriorly** to protect the anastomosis. Thanks in advance. ...

Worthless Dead End Mess
Mar 17, 2015

I have never wanted to be fired so badly in my life.  I have worked in some real feces factories in my day, but this one beats them all.  How on earth do they expect any MLS to care about any of these reports if they aren't going to pay us a decent wage?  I hope the stock crashes.  If the rest of the company is managed as poorly as the transcription division, it's only a matter of time until it does.  ...

Nuance/Alphastaff Nightmarish Benefits Enrollment Mess
Dec 16, 2011

I have never seen such a disorganized operation. We've been getting forms periodically emailed. Many forms don't have adequate instructions on where they're supposed to be sent. State tax forms haven't been sent to everyone as they should have been. Some employees haven't even gotten news about what they'll be paid next year, and yet they're expected to choose benefits without knowing what they'll be earning. This has been incredibly stressful and unneces ...

Pt To Be Taken Off Toprol And Put On S/l "Mess Tall" For Palpitations And Chest Discomfort
May 20, 2010

d ...