A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How would you transcribe "the one teens" (pulse rate)? - MaBelle

Posted: May 11, 2012

"Pulse rapidly increases to the one teens."

Same - Syd

[ In Reply To ..]
Would prefer it to transcribe the same as you have....

Drives me Nuts, but..one teens or 1-teens - NOT one 10s like some say

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

It's Too Vague - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It's so vague. Why can't they say 110 to 119? I think that's what they mean. SO, I don't assume, I just type 1-teens.
not vague - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
120s implies 120-129. 110s implies 110-119. We are talking numbers - not teenagers.

I would type it numerically - sadMT

[ In Reply To ..]
110s. If someone said one twenties, you would know to type 120s.

not 110s, teens is not 10s - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
teens is 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19! Those are teens. If you type 110s, that would be SERIOUSLY wrong.

I Agree, not 110s! - Weary MT

[ In Reply To ..]
nn

disagree - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
110s is appropriate for "one-teens", just like 120s is appropriate for 120-129.

Thanks for your help - so promptly! - MaBelle

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks!

They're not saying 110s, they're saying 1-teens. - I type what they say and let the reader figure it

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I agree with 110s for the reasons given by others above. - experienced

[ In Reply To ..]
Not trying to be snippy here, but I don't understand why some of you say 110s would be wrong. What numbers do you think the 110s include?

Similar Messages:

How To Transcribe 1 Teens
Apr 06, 2011

Is this correct?  Heart rate is in the 100s to 1-teens. Doesn't look right, but cannot anything. ...

Now To Type Heart Rate In 1-teens
Jan 26, 2011

nm ...

Pulse Rate Question - 178?
Aug 02, 2013

Is it possible for a patient to have a pulse rate of 178?  That seems really high and doesn't help when the doc is mumbling, but that is what she says. As a background, the pnt is 66 years old and is in for chest tightness and difficulty breathing and has had sob for 3 days. 178 seems high, but unsure if its okay   ...

Pedal Pulse, Pedis Pulse. Same??
Jan 23, 2010

Is pedal pulse and pedis pulse basically the same or different? if different, what is the difference? ...

Companies That Still Transcribe. Are There Any Left That Do Just Transcribe And Not Editing From Voi
Nov 04, 2012

x ...

One Teens
Aug 04, 2011

How would you write it when the doctor says pulse is in the 100 to one teens??  Thanks ...

Low 1 Teens
Jun 23, 2014

how would you type low 1 teens?  the doctor states "heart rate dropped to low 1 teens"   TIA!   ...

100s To 1 Teens
Nov 13, 2009

How do you write (100s to 1 teens)/60-70? ...

Pulse Ox?
Aug 17, 2010

How would I write "pulse ox" in this sentence?  "Still not interested in an overnight pulse ox, which I wanted to get last visit."  I've seen it every which way (pulse ox, Pulseox, PulseOx, etc.) online and I'm not entirely sure which one is correct, if any.   Thanks!! ...

Pulse Readings
Nov 10, 2009

Is it possible for a doctor to be saying "pulses +4/4 throughout" on a neurologic exam? Thanks. ...

Name Of A Pulse Taken On A 1 Year Old
Mar 06, 2010

Doc states in PE: Temp 97.9, s/l annex pulse 115 and regular. pt is a 1 year old female. ...

Pulse DT And Regular??
Mar 01, 2011

I'm trying to figure out what this doctor means. He's dictating the vitals signs and says "pulse DT and regular." He's clearly saying "DT" (not "DP" or "PT"),  but I can't reference it anywhere.  Any help? Thanks :)     ...

Radial Pulse
Mar 14, 2011

Radial pulse is s/l "preddy." Lower extremities are without mottling.   Thanks for any help! ...

Pulse Survey
Aug 10, 2013

At the end of the survey, there is a section for comments.  Although I'm sure this survey will change/help nothing, being able to leave this comment did make me feel a little better:   By far, this is the worst company I've ever worked for in over 25 years. Punitive QA and FIESA errors counted as major, which are NOT. At Webmedx, I received an incentive for lines typed, NOT based on trumped down QA scores to keep me from obtaining it. Since Nuance entered my life ...

VR Omitting Pulse
Aug 23, 2014

Anyone else notice multiple SR reports in Vital Signs where the word "Pulse" or just the number is omitted even though it is spoken very clearly? ...

Confused...pulse Ox Question
Nov 14, 2009

I am confused. Doctor dictates "Pulse ox was 93 with 100% saturation." I thought pulse oximetry was the percent of oxygen saturation? ...

2013 Pulse Survey - Sm
Aug 09, 2013

Oh, please! ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

BP Range When MD States "one-teens"
Dec 20, 2010

MD is stating a BP as "100 to one-teens over 60s to 70s" How best to transcribe that? ...

MQ Pays 1 Rate For 100% QA, A Lower Rate For Non 100%. How Do You
Oct 29, 2011

ty ...

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

How To Express "1-teens"
Dec 31, 2011

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times before, but it's the first time I've run across it.  "Patient had a pulse rate in the 1-teens."  Everything I try looks odd, and I'm not really sure what's correct. Any help greatly appreciated. ...

"pulsox" - Is This An Acceptable Abbrev Of Pulse Oximetry?
Nov 30, 2011

My speech rec continually transcribes "pulse ox" as "pulsox".  I have never seen it this way before -- thoughts on whether this is an acceptable format (since abbrevs are allowed) or should be changed to "pulse ox".   Thanks! ...

Code Status And "pulse" Planning
Mar 31, 2014

he says code status, etc. and pulse planning.  what is pulse planning? ...

Pulse Dose Or Pulsed Dose
Dec 07, 2010

We will give the patient a pulse dose (or pulsed dose?) of 20 mg IM Lasix. Thank you in advance for your help. ...

How To Transcribe This...
Dec 31, 2010

when the person says "cigarette smoking of a pack and a half a day", is that how I should type it or is there a specific way to do it? Thank you. ...

How Do You Transcribe 00
Jan 06, 2011

Have not come across this before - how do you transcribe "double aught", as I have, or 00.   Thanks for your thoughts/help!  ...

How To Transcribe 2 To 3 Out Of 10
Jun 03, 2011

When I went to school years ago I was taught to transcribe 2 to 3 out of 10 as 2/10 to 3/10.  How do you all transcribe that.  Is 2 to 3/10 correct or should it be 2/10 to 3/10 or 2-3/10? ...

Do MTs Transcribe...
Aug 13, 2011

Do MTs transcribe reports for coroners and forensic medical examiners? Anyone out there do this? ...