A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

pedal pulse, pedis pulse. Same?? - gagirl

Posted: Jan 23, 2010

Is pedal pulse and pedis pulse basically the same or different? if different, what is the difference?

Here's my take...see below - MTtoday

[ In Reply To ..]
Dorsalis pedis is the Latin expression of dorsal pedal, which is the English version. They are the same.

Thanks so much for clarifying for me!! - ga girl

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the clarification...have a great day!

Similar Messages:

Pulse Ox?
Aug 17, 2010

How would I write "pulse ox" in this sentence?  "Still not interested in an overnight pulse ox, which I wanted to get last visit."  I've seen it every which way (pulse ox, Pulseox, PulseOx, etc.) online and I'm not entirely sure which one is correct, if any.   Thanks!! ...

Pulse Readings
Nov 10, 2009

Is it possible for a doctor to be saying "pulses +4/4 throughout" on a neurologic exam? Thanks. ...

Name Of A Pulse Taken On A 1 Year Old
Mar 06, 2010

Doc states in PE: Temp 97.9, s/l annex pulse 115 and regular. pt is a 1 year old female. ...

Pulse DT And Regular??
Mar 01, 2011

I'm trying to figure out what this doctor means. He's dictating the vitals signs and says "pulse DT and regular." He's clearly saying "DT" (not "DP" or "PT"),  but I can't reference it anywhere.  Any help? Thanks :)     ...

Radial Pulse
Mar 14, 2011

Radial pulse is s/l "preddy." Lower extremities are without mottling.   Thanks for any help! ...

Pulse Survey
Aug 10, 2013

At the end of the survey, there is a section for comments.  Although I'm sure this survey will change/help nothing, being able to leave this comment did make me feel a little better:   By far, this is the worst company I've ever worked for in over 25 years. Punitive QA and FIESA errors counted as major, which are NOT. At Webmedx, I received an incentive for lines typed, NOT based on trumped down QA scores to keep me from obtaining it. Since Nuance entered my life ...

VR Omitting Pulse
Aug 23, 2014

Anyone else notice multiple SR reports in Vital Signs where the word "Pulse" or just the number is omitted even though it is spoken very clearly? ...

Confused...pulse Ox Question
Nov 14, 2009

I am confused. Doctor dictates "Pulse ox was 93 with 100% saturation." I thought pulse oximetry was the percent of oxygen saturation? ...

Pulse Rate Question - 178?
Aug 02, 2013

Is it possible for a patient to have a pulse rate of 178?  That seems really high and doesn't help when the doc is mumbling, but that is what she says. As a background, the pnt is 66 years old and is in for chest tightness and difficulty breathing and has had sob for 3 days. 178 seems high, but unsure if its okay   ...

2013 Pulse Survey - Sm
Aug 09, 2013

Oh, please! ...

"pulsox" - Is This An Acceptable Abbrev Of Pulse Oximetry?
Nov 30, 2011

My speech rec continually transcribes "pulse ox" as "pulsox".  I have never seen it this way before -- thoughts on whether this is an acceptable format (since abbrevs are allowed) or should be changed to "pulse ox".   Thanks! ...

How Would You Transcribe "the One Teens" (pulse Rate)?
May 11, 2012

"Pulse rapidly increases to the one teens." ...

Code Status And "pulse" Planning
Mar 31, 2014

he says code status, etc. and pulse planning.  what is pulse planning? ...

Pulse Dose Or Pulsed Dose
Dec 07, 2010

We will give the patient a pulse dose (or pulsed dose?) of 20 mg IM Lasix. Thank you in advance for your help. ...

Pulsed-dose/pulse Dose/pulsed Dose Fashion??
Jun 05, 2013

Hi, Its being said the patient wants to take Lamisil in a pulsed dose situation.  I was wondering if a hyphen is needed or not between 'pulsed' and 'dose'; or is it just 'a pulse dose' fashion?? Help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance! ...

Pleural Form Of Dorsalis Pedis? Nm
Sep 21, 2012

pleural form of dorsalis pedis?  nm ...

History Of A "pedis Plate" PCL Tear
Dec 09, 2009

30 y/o female, had arthroscopy, now 80% improved.  Has concerns of muscle atrophy above knee .  The doctor states she has a history of a "pedis plate" PCL tear.  "Pedis plate" PCL tear?  Those two words are in question.  I can't find it on Google.  Anyone else heard of this? I'm working over tonight.  We've had something like 5 or 6 power outages today due to some very strong wind gusts and I'm making up time.  Argh. Thanks ...

Foot Pedal Vs Wav. Pedal
Jul 19, 2011

I am a recent grad and have my foot pedal from school which is an Infinity In-USB-2. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between that and a wav. pedal? I have tried testing on several sites that require a wav. pedal and my pedal will not work on these. Any thoughts? ...

Difference Between A USB Foot Pedal And An Infinity Foot Pedal?
Sep 10, 2010

Is there a difference between a USB foot pedal and an Infinity foot pedal?  I have a part-time job that lists equipment needed as an infinity foot pedal, I have an USB one that worked fine to take the test, if there is a difference then I need to order one fast. Thanks. ...

PEDAL
May 03, 2011

Hi,   I have a problem using my pedal with other programs, other than the company I work for.  I have lost a lot of jobs, cause I can't get it to work with any other program.  I have had suggestions made, but to no avail.  Does anybody have the time to tell me what to do to solve this problem?  I do have Escribe and that doesn't seem to matter.  am I maybe bypassing a step that you need to download to use the pedal?    Thanks  ...

What Would Be The Best Foot Pedal?
Oct 30, 2009

Hello.  I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on the best footpedal to buy.  I am just getting back into transcription after being away from it for several years and I am not very technologically bright :-)  I don't have any clients yet but I would like to have a wave pedal or foot pedal ready for whenever I do find a client.  What would be the kind that would be the most versatile and go with most platforms/systems?  I have Windows Vista.  Any advice ...

S/l Pedal Arcade
Apr 28, 2010

peroneal artery supplying blood all the way down to the foot with improvement in the pedal _______ ...

Pedal Edema?
May 14, 2010

In this physical examination, it sounds like it is being dictated, "Both upper and lower extremities with (s/l pedal) edema."  That doesn't seem to make sense, but perhaps I'm wrong...what other word could he be saying instead of pedal?  He pretty much mumbles his way right passed it. ...

UPDATING WAV PEDAL
May 17, 2010

I have a Wav pedal 5.5.  Some of the files my company sends I cannot open because it s too old.  THey said I need to upgrade.  Can I go on thier site and just update the software for free. ...

Reprogramming A Wav Pedal
May 31, 2010

My wav pedal is programmed to work with Express Scribe.  Is it possible to reprogram it entirely to work with another program?  Thanks! ...

Using Foot Pedal...Help!
Jun 24, 2010

I'm over testing for the Q on their test site and thought I had installed my foot pedal but it's not working.  Does anyone know how to use your foot pedal on the test rather than that silly F1 function key to start and stop the audio?  I'm afraid I'll be here all night getting 5-6 words at a time with the "hand" method as opposed to the "foot" method, LOL! Any suggestions greatly appreciated...Grazi! ...

USB-1 Or USB-2 Foot Pedal
Jul 11, 2010

I've got a USB-2 foot pedal here, brand new from Martel Direct, as part of an all-in-1 kit.  Some job listings specify a USB-1 foot pedal; others just say USB foot pedal. Is there a huge difference between the 1 and the 2 versions? ...

Pedal Pulses
Jun 16, 2011

how do I transcribe pedal pulses?  Sounds like 2+/4+ bilaterally - I can't document this anywhere ...

PEDAL NOT WORKING
Jun 02, 2011

I have been doing transcription for 9 years.  I have worked for 4 large companies and I had no trouble using the pedal for them.  However, when I try to do a test, etc., for another company, the pedal will not work with the files that they send me.  What is wrong?     Thanks, ...

Anyone Use USB And 9-pin Foot Pedal?
Jul 05, 2011

Hello, I had to get a 9-pin foot pedal for a new job. I configured it but now my USB foot pedal will not work on Express Scribe. How do I get both of them to work? Thanks, ...