A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Assessment: Rule out s/l wad-dey-o - mter

Posted: Dec 24, 2012

EMS responding to a patient who just had ablation for SVT last week and is complaining of weakness and dizziness. Cannot find with much searching. Thanks for your help!

vertigo - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

that's what I thought but.. - mter

[ In Reply To ..]
Would have been an obvious guess but clearly has wha/wa in the beginning and no "t" sound in 2nd syllable. Not a foreign doctor, so no accent. Sent to QA.

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Here Taken, Or Going To Take, The CPC ICD-10 Assessment?
Jun 14, 2015

My question is if you can take the test in stages or if you have to sign in and take the complete test all at once.  The website doesn't say and yes, I have e-mailed them to ask, but in the meantime, I am curious if anyone knows.  I am just worried about being interrupted and having to walk away and losing time or if I can just sign out and come back in to "hold" my time.  They give you 3.5 hours to complete it.    ...

Assessment And Plan Q
Oct 20, 2009

I have a dictator will dictate the Assessment/Plan with a number for the problem and a letter for the plan (1.  Gout.  A. Labs in the morning.  B.  Medication, 2.   Etc.  A. B., 3. A.)  I have always just ignored the letters she gives me and not put them, but I was wondering today if I am suppose to.  It is not a verbatim account and I never got in trouble for not putting them.  I tried looking this up in AAMT BOS but maybe I am not looking right ...

Assessment And Plan
Jan 11, 2011

anyone hear of "SMACK" on the assessment and plan of a PE? ...

ASSESSMENT TESTING
Feb 07, 2014

I am beyond frustrated.   Is there anyone out there that has taken the assessment testing that is supposed to be completed by 02/14?   There is 1 test that I have taken at least 50 times and cannot pass it.  It's the one with the Asian woman who has shoulder pain.   I have put in every combination there is, and it still says "incorrect."   My HDSM says I have to pass it for the testing to be considered "complete."   Apparently there is ...

Expanding In Impression/assessment
Aug 30, 2010

I was wondering...we are told to expand abbreviations in assessment and impression paragraphs, but what if they say the abbreviation 4 times within that paragraph? This instance is PSA. Thanks... ...

Dementia Risk Assessment
Jan 27, 2012

Dementia supervision risk assessment, and it sounds like he is saying Lobman or Logman for one-on-one supervision.   Thanks for any help! ...

S/l CHEM Or KIM Bedside Assessment
Oct 08, 2012

Mental Status: s/l CHEM or KIM bedside assessment was positive for ongoing delirium. Thank you!!! ...

Personality Assessment Test
Apr 03, 2013

Hello, Smart People- Has anyone ever been asked to take a personality assessment when you're in the running for a job position? I applied for a patient sitter position at a local hospital and they said I was in the running and would I please take an assessment. It was a personality assessment (I could just tell), but I don't think it was the MMPI--the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Index. There weren't enough questions for that one. FYI: The job description for which I'm ...

Nuance 99.5% Quality Assessment
Dec 11, 2013

Just wondering has anyone been let go from Nuance for not making their 99.5% quality assessment?  I can't seem to hit the 99.5% but I am always being asked to work extra, so I don't know how serious not hitting the 99.5% is?  Anyone have anything to share on this subject?   ...

Is This Supposed To Be Left As MRSA In The Assessment?
May 08, 2010

Is this supposed to be left as MRSA in the assessment?? The client profile says nothing about it?  I thought we had no abbeviations in the assessment unless the client profile stated that. ?? ...

Breast Cancer Risk Assessment
Oct 13, 2010

I'm looking for what s/l "begalrithm" Risk Assessment for breast cancer. Thanks for any help!   ...

Weekly ASR Production Assessment/Evaluation
Jan 04, 2011

What ever happened to our weekly assessment/review of our ASR production?  I received 1 evaluation back in November around Thanksgiving and have not received another one.  Am I wrong in thinking we were supposed to get one weekly.  Has anyone gotten any more than their original one?  Maybe I was so good, they just said, she doesnt need it, LOL  My guess, they realized how much it was going to cost them to pay someone to do this and nixed it already. ...

Preop Patient In Assessment And Plan. How To Expand
Aug 13, 2012

The patient is planned for surgery.  The physician will come and "preop" him the day prior to surgery.  How would you expand that?  Thanks for any suggestions.  ...

Assessment: TMJ Dysfunction & Migraines. Plan: Naproxen 500 Mg And **symmetrican** 50 Mg???
Sep 21, 2010

Sounds like sym-et-ri-can or si-vit-ri-can 50 mg ...

Mom's Rule
May 21, 2012

Has anyone ever heard of the verbiage "follow Mom's rule" in ER plan of care??  Physician states, "he is to follow Mom's rule"....... ...

Rule For Adding A
Mar 24, 2010

Hello. It might just be too early but can someone tell me the rule as to when to add A?  Like the doc says HISTORY: 72-year-old woman who..... Should I be adding A to the beginning? HISTORY:  A 72-year-old...   ...

SIRS Rule Out PTI S/l
Sep 18, 2010

In the diagnosis section this doc says "SIRS.  Rule out s/l PTI."  So, I found SIRS (systemic inflammatory response syndrome) but I can't find out what s/l PTI is to go along with it.  Any ideas? ...

AHDI Rule
Feb 10, 2011

What is BOS ruling on using the word "post" when typing (for example) status postcholecystectomy?  Where in BOS is this found? ...

Rule Changed?
Jun 29, 2011

murmurs, gallops, or rubs  OR  murmurs, gallops or rubs? I am old school and taught that the first is correct, but I waste a huge amount of time and keystrokes correcting this and other instances like this.  I looked at the AAMT link, but really didn't get a sufficient answer if the second is OK to leave as that is the preferred way ASR puts it; however, every grammar site I looked at online puts the additional comma in. ...

ESL Rule Of Thumb
Nov 17, 2011

As American-born, English-speaking doctors are becoming the minority, I think all companies should openly state what percentage of ESL will be encountered in a new job and then ask 1 year of experience for each percentage of ESL; e.g. 40% ESL (the maximum I can personally tolerate) 4 years experience plus a differential in the line rate, too. What do y'all think? ...

AAMT Rule
May 16, 2012

dictated: levothyroxine 1200 micrograms daily transcribed: levothyroxine 1200 mcg daily   is this correct? pls help. ...

CMS Final Rule
Jan 30, 2013

This was published in the Federal Register last week, correct?  I have a friend who is in a battle with an insurance company over a very sick child.  They are always throwing up obstacles for coverage. She told me that out-of-network treatment is covered at 50% of 200% of Medicare rates.  So we are trying to uncover exactly what that rate is.  Is the CMS Final Rule document what  I am looking for to help her? Is Coder here?  Expert insight would be so appreciated ...

New 6-minute Rule-sm
Aug 14, 2013

When you get NJA you have the 3 options as we did before.  When you choose to "make up time", at the very end of the explaination, it says something along the line of entering a leave request on teamwork for excused no pay?  This only makes sense if in fact you cannot or do not make up the time, but the policy does not explain it that way.  Example:  You work 2 hours and get NJA.  You have 6 hours to make up and can only make up 4.  The remaining 2 hours must be en ...

What Is The New Rule For How Many Days Off Without Pay
Nov 24, 2013

I really don't see what it matters now that we don't get PTO and if we aren't getting paid for it so what. Seems stupid to me that they would care how much time we have off if they aren't paying us anyway but anyone know now the most days you can take for the year part time and full time?  I know they took away PTO for part timers and cut it for full time but wasn't sure of the new rules. Also, when does it start over again if you used up your unpaid time off days. ...

Does Anyone Know Offhand MM's Rule If
Aug 26, 2014

no patient name is given?  Do we transcribe it as "UNKNOWN, NAME" or "NO NAME, GIVEN" etc?  Or where this info is located?  I've searched DQS guidelines and TSG and can't seem to find it.  TIA! ...

Help Please Im Looking Can't Find The Rule
Feb 09, 2015

Do I need to put a marker in there as a warning. I totally forgot and never usually get this..checking the guides now coming up empty ...

Rule-out Sepsis Work-up
Jan 10, 2010

A rule-out sepsis work-up for an infant .... are the hyphens correct? Where can I find the correct use of the hyphens? Thank You! ...

New Rule For MDs: If You Cannot Pronounce It, You Cannot Prescribe It, Nor --
Jan 28, 2010

-- can you treat it.  Certainly, you can't get paid for doing anything with it.  So, study up, doc. ...

Does Anyone Know Current BOS Rule For Height?
Oct 22, 2011

I know the 2nd edition says no comma between 5 feet 5 inches, for example. Does anyone have the current BOS edition and knows if this is still the same? ...

My BOS Is Old -- What's The Current Rule/standard Wrt To:
Sep 11, 2014

apostrophes?  eg. ADLs or ADL's I gather that the move to make hard-measured units (rather than eyeballed measuired -- such as:  a 5-mm screw versus a 5 mm laceration -- died years ago. Is this correct? I'm anticipating doing some testing for a new position and don't want to fail this sort of "basics" Thanks!     ...