A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FTP (file transfer protocol) - Where to learn it? - new gal

Posted: Aug 12, 2010

I have seen several job offers that say you must know FTP. I am not familiar with this. Where can I go to learn this program?  Please be nice....I hate the negative comments on this board.

FTP - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
New Gal - I sent you an email.

FTP - new gal

[ In Reply To ..]
Anon....your response did not come thru to me...could you send again....thanks!!!! The URL was missing

FTP - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I sent it again. Hope it works.

Similar Messages:

FTP (file Transfer Protocol) What Do I Do Now?
Nov 11, 2011

I have downloaded FileZilla to use as a FTP. I have never dealt with this before as my company always set these kind of things up, but now am interested in a job that requires I have my own. Now that it seems to be set up, what do I do now? Or would I just wait until the job sends me some files? Feel so stupid, but really don't know what to do now. Thanks for any advice. ...

FTP (file Transfer Protocol) HIPAA Compliant?
Oct 19, 2011

Hello, my doc is finally going digital after three years of begging him to! His files are too large to email to me, and so I found I need to set up an FTP, and FileZilla was recommended, since it is HIPPA compliant. Does anyone have any experience setting this up? I am good at figuring things out, but this is driving me crazy and taking forever! Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!   ...

File Transfer Protocol And Foot Pedals
Dec 20, 2014

Hi everyone!  I feel like such a dunce!  I'm in my 60s, thought how great it would be to do transcription from home.  I transcribed everything from radiology to oncology, orthopedics, general surgery, doctor's visits, you name it.  Then I became an EMT, then a nurse.  Well, you get the general idea.  Back then, your ONLY transcription gear was a dictaphone machine that played either mini cassettes or regular cassettes.  I picked up the work, drove it ...

Please Help! FTP (file Transfer Method)
Aug 09, 2010

Hello, Does anyone know what an FTP file transfer method program and where I could get training on this? I am applying for a job and it requires knowledge of this program. Thank you for any help you can provide :)   ...

Anyone Know Of A FREE File Transfer Method
Mar 08, 2011

and easy enough for a doctor to use, to transfer his audio files? I'm searching online too. Anybody knows of anything, please post it. Thanks! ...

AutoText/AutoCorrect File Transfer???
Mar 29, 2013

Does anyone know how to transfer autotext and autocorrect from Word 2000 to Word 2007 Professional?  I've been building the damn things for years, and I've upgraded my Word. I'd hate to have to rebuild.  HELP???!!  ...

Can Anyone Suggest A Good File Transfer Program?
Jan 11, 2010

x ...

Express Scribe Only Voice File Transfer Software?
Feb 19, 2014

Is Express Scribe the only voice file transfer software? ...

HELP!! What Software Can Transfer Speech To Text From A Voice File Or Recorder?
Aug 16, 2010

I was looking for software(possibly free!) that will allow you to not only speak in microphone and transfer to text, but can transfer to text from a voice file or recorder. HELP!!!  Thank You! ...

Need To Learn New Accounts Or Learn DEP
May 26, 2011

Just got an e-mail today that we have to learn new accounts with new account specifics, in addition to working on our present account. They are sending our present account to India, but still keeping some of it. I don't know which would be easier - volunteering for a new account or learning DEP. I was told that if we start to type on DEP, they will have to send us a new computer with new programs, because we can't have Cornerstone and DEP on the same computer (probably).  I did a ...

Anyone Know How To Convert Wma File To DSS Voice File??
Oct 13, 2010

Does anyone know how to convert wma file to DSS file?  I am using Express Scribe but, for some unknown reason, the sound quality is very poor.  I thought if I could convert this to DSS it would sound better on my computer. Any ideas?  Also, anyone know what else I could use besides Express Scribe (free) to play these files?  THANK YOU SO MUCH.   G ...

VMR Transfer
May 04, 2010

Anyone working with them?  Anything you can share, I would appreciate. ...

Transfer
Jun 20, 2012

Is anyone else being transferred to another "book of business" due to low volume dictation? ...

Transfer?
Jun 18, 2013

Is there a way to transfer, some official application or something? Seems like the TSM you are assigned is all you get, no way out.  ...

ASE Protocol
Jun 19, 2010

Has anyone come across this term?  It is being used in relation to alcohol withdrawal.  I know of CIWA scales, protocol.  Have researched this term more times than I can count and still cannot find it.  Thanks so much!  Happy Saturday ;0) ...

Wsc Protocol?
Sep 12, 2010

I've done this doctor many times, same procedure hysterectomy/D&C.. and never heard him start with WSC protocol.. anyone hear of this?   PROCEDURE:The standard WSC protocol was utilized. Endocervical curettage took place. The internal os was dilated and the hysteroscope ...

Protocol Help
Sep 15, 2010

doctor dictating:  She was evaluated and judged to require hospital admission by ____ protocol to a medical floor.   S/L CURB, KERR, something with a hard KKK sound at the beg.  Any ideas?  Thanks for any help ...

MAT Protocol???
Feb 12, 2011

I'm having a brain freeze.  For breathing treatments, is it MAT or MAC protocol.  I thing MAC is for anesthesia an MAT is for breathing ,but I can't seem to remember.   Thanks ...

MAC And MAT Protocol
Mar 19, 2011

I know what MAC protocol is, but what is MAT protocol?   I'm sure the doc is saying MAT because she spells it out after she says MAT. Thanks ...

NJA Protocol
Nov 26, 2014

We were sent an e-mail by our TSA regarding the NJA process :  Wait 6 minutes/call workflow team leads/Submit remedy ticket/automatically approved to make up the same day.   I would like to just have the no pay than work the holiday.  I know some people don't mind working holidays, why don't they set up a system where we can volunteer to work and if that doesn't work why don't we rotate holidays?  Just a thought.  ...

Where Does One Learn
Apr 24, 2013

to be a legal transcriptionist?  Seeing more and more ads for this.  ...

Another Example Of SR Cannot Learn.In PE,Dr ALWAYS
May 03, 2013

VP always sticks "lower" onto the abdomen exam. Have to delete it from abdomen and add it to the PE subheading "Lower Extremities."  There is no other way to edit it, everybody has to edit it this way.  But SR keeps getting it wrong.  We all need to have a couple of these examples ready for when Phil the IT guy says it is US editing wrong that causes the program not to learn.  Or if you abbreviation says it is everyone with different editing styles causing the VR fiasco. ...

Transfer Fo Expansions
Jan 03, 2010

Is there anywhere to get the instructions on transferring expansions?  I am in SA4, instructions did not transfer.....support is too busy, was told they will call me......yeah.....like whenever they get around to it......afterr all the other calls regarding the same problem.  I am trying to work without expansions and adding them as I go along!!!  Any help out there?  Would be appreciated!!!! ...

Vmr-transfer Llc? Anyone With Any Info?
May 02, 2010

nm ...

Has Anyone Heard Of VMR-Transfer?
May 05, 2010

Has anyone heard of VMR-Transfer? Their website is www.vmr-transfer.com.  They claim they are a transcription company that specializes in transcription for veterinarians. I was offered a job from them, but I am becoming skeptical it could be a fraud. They ask for your social security number. I want to warn others to be careful with this company. They do not return phone calls or e-mails, after asking for your SS#. ...

Offered A Job By VMR-Transfer
May 18, 2010

I am one of the people who received a contract and was offered a job by VMR-Transfer, but when I called and emailed about hrs/lines/days required, my messages were never returned. I know there was a thread about this previously as many other people had the same problem. I'm just wondering if anyone has actually started working for them yet and if this really is a legitimate company. Thanks ...

AutoCorrect Transfer
Jul 22, 2011

I have Word 2007 and need to transfer my AutoCorrect entries onto my laptop.  Can anyone tell me how to do this, please?  ...

Is It Possible To Transfer To Another Team? Sm
Dec 07, 2012

I want to be transferred to another team to be under another supervisor, and where there is more work.  Has anyone ever done that?  Is it possible, and if so, how difficult is the process?  Thanks in advance. ...

How Do You Get A Transfer To Another Group?
Mar 13, 2013

It is just getting worse and worse. I work Th - Fri, and there isn't even any work on Sat and Sun! I hate giving up my weekend for naught. Fri is the only day I have been getting work. My TSM never answers my emails or phone calls. I sent an email 2 weeks ago asking to be moved to a group with work. After all, MM is hiring. ...

Transfer To New Team
Aug 20, 2014

This is old news, but I was on a team with supervisor initial DH and transferred to new team under KF.  Does anyone know what happened with DH?  i cannot provide references, when many of the people I have worked under, I don't know how to get in contact.  Thank you for the information.   ...