A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

has the weekly line requirement changed? - or is it the same? (nm)

Posted: Dec 15, 2012

/

Line - count

[ In Reply To ..]
requirements will continue to go up and line rates will go down as long as there are people willing to do the work for that. That's why we're all in the boat we are in.

Why do - you

[ In Reply To ..]
dislike that? Why else do you think they are doing it? If nobody would work for the lousy wages, they would have to pay more.

They will not pay more-they will just send more to India - or elsewhere overseas

[ In Reply To ..]
I think that should be illegal given we live in the age of terrorist. Someone in India knows my personal medical information, but I have to go through a mound of red tape just to secure a loan from a bank and make sure I don't have any terrorist ties-now that is ridiculous-I don't mind being extra security in just about any place, but flip side someone over seas can have access to personal information about me just by transcribing my reports? Something is wrong with that picture.

Similar Messages:

Has Our Minimum Line Requirement Changed?
Nov 19, 2014

It is still 150 lines/hr for straight isn't it?  (I think I've gotten a total of 3 straight transcription jobs in the last month).  So, is it 150 lines for VR too, which is what the majority of our work is?  Or is the line requirement much higher for VR?  This is all assuming there is work of course........ ...

Have They Changed Accuracy Requirement?
Nov 23, 2013

got a report from auditors with a several below 99.6% and they were still marked as passing. anyone else? ...

To The AP Transcriptionists: Now That There Is A Line Requirement And An Hours Requirement (sm)
Sep 25, 2012

what are you all doing when there is no work during whatever your shift may have been?  Are you having to make up the hours elsewhere?  (That could lead to potentially a lot of bouncing around the shifts trying to find work.) ...

Line Requirement For
Mar 15, 2010

Can somebody explain this to me?  I know you can work up to 40 hrs weekly, but what is the required line count?  I'm wanting to go to PT so I can get another PT job somewhere else, as the NJA drives my nuts.  I'm currently required to get 100 lph at FTLB.  Is this also my requirement if I go PT?  CCM has been MIA, so I'm not getting any help there and having a hard time finding exactly what I'm looking for on Central.  Thanks ...

Line Requirement
Dec 05, 2011

Last month, there was a post about a company that requires 12,000 lines per pay period full time requirement. I cannot remember which company it was.  Can anyone refresh my memory? ...

Line Count Requirement
May 07, 2013

Is anyone else having difficulty making required line counts on Accentus Canadian account? ...

Accounts Changed Around And Line Count Suffering
Dec 20, 2010

Hi everyone. My supervisor recently added a new account to my pool and made it priority #1. Now I was just starting to get my line count up to where I could actually earn a decent living to support myself (I am newly divorced and trying to make it on my own in a 1 bedroom apartment yet still very tight). A little background--our company recently switched to M-Modal and the voice quality is horrible on a lot of reports and my pay had gone down anyway because a good majority of our reports are on ...

Synernet - What Is Their Daily Line Requirement?
Aug 01, 2010

Are you only allowed an 8 hour window to do your work? ...

How Come No One's Talking About The Increased Line Requirement?
Dec 21, 2012

I'm aware of the increase in lines per hour to 186 (average between regular and edited) which I think might be a little challenging to sustain on a regular day-in and day-out basis, but why is no one discussing the increased weekly line requirements. It's a pretty significant jump.  ...

Question - What If You Make Your Line Requirement
Dec 30, 2011

Do I still have to make up those hours?  ...

Line Count Requirement Nuance
Mar 06, 2013

Does anyone know the minimum line count per hour required for Nuance for an MLS.  Thanks Vick ...

Does Anyone Know The Line Requirement For Full-time And
Jan 12, 2015

What Is Your Minimum Line Requirement, Typing, VR, Or Combination.
May 03, 2012

x ...

Line Count Requirement Change. Lowered For Us
Jul 01, 2013

I'm in FuturNet so it was acutally lowered for me.  Wowza!  ...

Nuance Transition, PTO, Weekly Line Totals, Questions,etc. TIA
Dec 28, 2012

This transition has been stressful!  A few questions....  I read some of the posts below but I have more questions and will appreciate any answers from anyone!  Since I dont have an average quarterly rate yet, how much am I getting paid for PTO?  I took Christmas Eve off and still have no idea how much money I made that day.  Emailed region 4 days ago and no answer yet.  Also, how much PTO do we earn per pay period?  Didnt see that anywhere in the information ...

So, Starting Today Is The 1500 Line Requirement On Fluency?
Sep 01, 2013

just wanted to make sure i'm getting it in! ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Meeting Line Count Requirement At Nuance?
Nov 06, 2014

Just wondering ...

For Those Interested In Weekly Pay, J&M Transcription Also Pays Weekly. Nm
Feb 09, 2011

ppp ...

I See Little Has Changed
Apr 15, 2010

Well, I see not much has changed.  I've been out for nearly three weeks, just flat out stopped working, I think they probably know by now I'm not coming back.  Have not heard a thing from the Q about it. But I think I've found another way to go.  We have a bartending school near where I live.  My sister used to bartend, I never have, but I know what she used to do.  The school will teach everything about mixology and offers job placement when you graduate ...

Has QA Changed?
Aug 20, 2014

Doing the same thing I have done for years...Now all the sudden there are some QA that are comma and semicolon nazis..They are everywhere. You want them, you will get them, more money for me with the extra spaces. ...

QA Changed ML To Cc On One Of My Reports!
Apr 02, 2010

I didn't get points off but still - the client profile says NOT to use cc but to change it to mL Go figure! ...

OTT Has Now Changed Up Some More Things...
Oct 15, 2010

All headers are now no longer counted in the line count. We're already out of work most of the time and now this. We don't get paid for cc's that we add or all the info on the pt before we ever start typing. I'd say when we do have work they're getting a lot of free work from us. ...

Rule Changed?
Jun 29, 2011

murmurs, gallops, or rubs  OR  murmurs, gallops or rubs? I am old school and taught that the first is correct, but I waste a huge amount of time and keystrokes correcting this and other instances like this.  I looked at the AAMT link, but really didn't get a sufficient answer if the second is OK to leave as that is the preferred way ASR puts it; however, every grammar site I looked at online puts the additional comma in. ...

Changed Hours And Still Nja
Apr 26, 2013

Log on this afternoon to NJA.  This is after my TSM asked me to switch hours because they needed help on Friday.  Praying and hoping work starts to trickle in soon as I do not want to be sitting up all night waiting for work.  Need to get in hours like everyone else. ...

Weekly Pay
Sep 15, 2011

What are some companies that pay weekly, anyone know of any? ...

Formatting Abruptly Changed
Feb 03, 2010

There probably have been answers to my question out here before, but does anyone know what causes the formatting in an EditScript document of which I am either editing or transcribing?  It tabs, bolds, changes font sizes, and messes up the spacing between lines.....things I did not manually do myself.  Is there something I should be changing on my RTF? Or is it something else?  Seems like I may have seen something about that, but I can't find it in my manual (which doesn ...

FTR Start Date Changed?
Mar 15, 2010

I just got an email saying the 10% submission rate starts April 1, and the 5% on May 1. ...

American Workers Have Changed--And Not For The Better
Nov 08, 2011

I've talked with several MTs recently who work for different companies. The companies have to send out reminders to the MTs that they are supposed to be at work at specific times. They also are having trouble with MTs just taking off without arranging for coverage of their accounts. The list goes on and on. What bothers me most though is the attitude of workers. Work was not easy years ago, but people did it with courage and integrity. You don't see much of that anymore.   &nbs ...

DocQmanage Has Not Changed Yet, Wanna Bet The New Name Is
Jan 24, 2012

Instead of the funky little Q's everywhere, it will be a pair of M's.  Then for MT week, they will pass out a tiny bag of M&Ms, gold of course, with little MM on one side and big $$ on the other... ...

Why I Think Medquist Changed Their Name To MModal...
Feb 06, 2012

It's probably because Medquist has such a bad reputation--and the name alone leaves a rotten taste in your mouth hearing it.  I want to be positive and hope that maybe there will be some good changes like they boast in that email.  I'll believe it when I see it though.  ...